As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Uh, heads up? I guess? Not sure where to put this but imo licorice is horrible so bad food seems appropriate

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/24/man-licorice-dies-massachusetts

(See, it tastes bad for a reason, people. You're dicing with death!!)

@Flarne

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I think I recall Flarne really liking licorice. If not that was a weird at

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    No you’re right. I tried to poison all of you with salty licorice in Dublin.

I guess I’ll try not to kill myself with it.

Flarne on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    licorice is great

but fennel seeds in sausage is the devil

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    licorice is great

The devil tempts is with wonderful things so yes this checks out

• SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    I like licorice. But I can dig that it's a bit of a weird taste.

When I knew this Finnish couple we had a session of eating salmiakki and vegemite. A cultural exchange, if you will. It might have gone better for me than it did for them but it was probably ill-advised in sum.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
    Xaquin wrote: »
    licorice is great

The devil tempts is with wonderful things so yes this checks out

yes, sausage

but the devil tricks us into evil tasting sin .... the fennel seed

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Solvent wrote: »
    I like licorice. But I can dig that it's a bit of a weird taste.

When I knew this Finnish couple we had a session of eating salmiakki and vegemite. A cultural exchange, if you will. It might have gone better for me than it did for them but it was probably ill-advised in sum.

Like... Together?
    I'm weirdly fascinated tbh

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Tried a bacon breakfast biscuit and breakfast baconator from Wendys this morning. Both excellent for fast food breakfast. The bacon was easily the best fast food bacon, crispy and it had actual measurable thickness. Not just a sheet of meat paper. The egg was fluffy and looked like egg. The biscuit itself was light and flaky and the bun was squishy in a good way and not greasy. I would definitely have them again.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    That licorice article keeps mentioning low potassium, so just eat a banana every time you eat some licorice and you'll be fine!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    last time I ate licorice (it was on accident) I puked my guts out after about five minutes

What kind? I like licorice as a treat

It looks like it was the black licorice according to the article, so the one with tons of star anise it seems.

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    artificial banana and black licorice flavor...my stomach is doing backflips trying to get away from that good lord.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    i9imtbqti7db.png

this is one of the most cursed snacks I have ever seen

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    iunno that actually sounds pretty good

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    I eat only the finest salt licorice bananas
    noeyc978bmrv.jpeg

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    noeyc978bmrv.jpeg

These look like what the cat leaves in her litterbox.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    One of my first cooking experiments as a young man was a Korean salmon and bok choy recipe that used a ton of fennel. I learned two things that have stood me in good stead ever since: Fennel is basically licorice, and licorice-flavored fish makes me very sad indeed.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Madican wrote: »
    noeyc978bmrv.jpeg

They look like they've been burned to ash. As well they may have, seeing as they clearly originate in Hell.

They look like they've been burned to ash. As well they may have, seeing as they clearly originate in Hell.

The first licorice my wife was subjected to was salt licorice ice cream. It’s been five years and she will still go on about how ICE CREAM SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT COLOR.

u7ru5vnpi0e8.jpeg

Well done you apparently married a sane woman.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    last time I ate licorice (it was on accident) I puked my guts out after about five minutes

What kind? I like licorice as a treat

it was black licorice, but it was inside some weird Icelandic candy that my roommate had brought back from her vacation

iirc it was a licorice center with a banana chocolate coating

I didn't realize what it was until I'd eaten a few and I had a real bad time

noeyc978bmrv.jpeg

Ash seeketh Ember

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Uh, heads up? I guess? Not sure where to put this but imo licorice is horrible so bad food seems appropriate

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/24/man-licorice-dies-massachusetts

(See, it tastes bad for a reason, people. You're dicing with death!!)

huh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That looks like the food they would serve in the prison cafeteria in a dystopian satire.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Apparently salty licorice originated as a cough medicine sold in pharmacies but then some people started eating it for fun

Platy on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Apparently salty licorice originated as a cough medicine sold in pharmacies but then some people started eating it for fun

God, what the hell is wrong with people

not enough licorice

We had cough syrup like that when I was a kid. I loved it. They had to hide it so I wouldn’t try to just drink it.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Artificial banana is such a nostalgic flavour for me. My grandparents lived pretty far away, so we only visited them once a year and stayed there for a couple of weeks each year. Whenever we went there my grandfather would buy a full drawer full of sweets and snacks, which we'd nibble through throughout our visit.
    One of the snacks was always packets of chocolate covered foam bananas, and being bananas they were always the primary smell whenever you opened that drawer.

I could eat those foam bananas until I was dead (and probably would).

Glal on
    edited September 2020
    I heard it's actually meant to taste like a Gros Michel banana which was the main cultivar until the 1950s

Platy on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I heard that's an urban legend, and with internet such as it is good luck actually figuring out which it is...

Artificial banana always reminds me of the days I'd get a handful of Runts candy from those rickety quarter vending machine and always seek out the banana shapes first.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Fennel the vegetable is delicious and goes well with a great many things, says I.

Also good for stealing fire from the heavens

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Hate licorice, always have. Pick out the black jelly beans and discard.

We had cough syrup like that when I was a kid. I loved it. They had to hide it so I wouldn’t try to just drink it.

Nevermind cough syrup, I once faked having strep to get some of that sweet sweet cherry amoxicillin.

But then I had step every other week until I got my tonsils out so it wasn't much of a stretch

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

God, what the hell is wrong with people

I'd rather eat a tide pod!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I heard it's actually meant to taste like a Gros Michel banana which was the main cultivar until the 1950s

not true

it just coincidentally tastes like them because they have a sweeter less complex flavor than the cavendish

https://io9.gizmodo.com/debunking-the-myth-of-the-fake-banana-flavor-1629459201

This discussion has been closed.