As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    oops! all shitheads!

"Oh hey, remember last week when Rayman/Beyond Good and Evil creator Michel Ancel announced he was leaving the game industry? Looks like he may have jumped ship as French outlet Liberation was about to do an expose on his abusive management." Link to article (in french): https://next.liberation.fr/images/2020/09/25/jeu-video-les-coulisses-effarantes-d-un-blockbuster-geant_1800522

Sounds like he was creating a seriously toxic Ancel culture in the workplace.

don't steal pooro's bit

He's gotta stay on top of his bit if he wants to maintain control of it.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    oops! all shitheads!

"Oh hey, remember last week when Rayman/Beyond Good and Evil creator Michel Ancel announced he was leaving the game industry? Looks like he may have jumped ship as French outlet Liberation was about to do an expose on his abusive management." Link to article (in french): https://next.liberation.fr/images/2020/09/25/jeu-video-les-coulisses-effarantes-d-un-blockbuster-geant_1800522

Sounds like he was creating a seriously toxic Ancel culture in the workplace.

don't steal pooro's bit

don't be a fuckin' cop

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Oh my God all those people are stuck in the phantom zone

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    oops! all shitheads!

And our winners were:
    Iolo wrote: »
    I do not know Michael Ancel, or a thing about his work. So maybe this is just a legit pivot to another line of work to let the fans know.

Maybe I've become too cyncial, but I feel like in this day and age 9 times out of 10 a sudden announcement like this to leave something and spend time with your familywildlife is someone trying to get out ahead of breaking accusations of some sort. Cynical suspicions in this case are only heightened by the person having been at Ubisoft.

I hope that's not the case.
    Couscous wrote: »
    I keep on kind of waiting for news to drop about Michel Ancel being responsible for some terrible stuff given Ubisoft.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

how can you delay something that... hasn't been announced?

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Even it wasn't announced, they likely had an internal date that they were aiming for and now have to adjust. EA has shareholders who want to know how much money they're theoretically going to make that quarter, so if the ME remaster ain't going to ship this year like they expected, they have to delay it.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I had 3 margaritas and just smoked a big fat one, so now I'm going to try Going Under.

Time to get this shit show rolling.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Oh my god this is delightful I'm streaming.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man the shooting in the mafia remake is so bad, I don’t remember mafia 3 being this bad

Maybe red dead has spoiled me on these kind of games

At least the checkpoints are very frequent and generous

Also is the mafia trilogy just like an upscale or a proper remake?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man the shooting in the mafia remake is so bad, I don’t remember mafia 3 being this bad

Maybe red dead has spoiled me on these kind of games

At least the checkpoints are very frequent and generous

Also is the mafia trilogy just like an upscale or a proper remake?

Mafia 1 is a full remake, 2 and 3 are just better looking and have DLC included

I actually meant the mass effect trilogy. Got my M trilogies confused

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the spectres are just the mafia of space

liEt3nH.png
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    the spectres are just the mafia of space

Okay look if there's anything I've learned about things being in space

it's that the Mafia in space is simply going to be called the Space Mafia.

alternately if we're using Starfinder terminology it would be Mafia, Space.

Every time my friend and I say mafia talking about the game we say it like this

https://youtu.be/763J9RJ8qSg

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/418530/announcements/detail/2889577613579688665
    Spelunky 2 will be launching without online play. Rather than delay the game, Mossmouth is going to launch it without online, however when it does get added a couple weeks later it's going to have PC and PS4 crossplay!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Even it wasn't announced, they likely had an internal date that they were aiming for and now have to adjust. EA has shareholders who want to know how much money they're theoretically going to make that quarter, so if the ME remaster ain't going to ship this year like they expected, they have to delay it.

It was probably November 7th, surely? Announce and Release

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Man, I really dig Terra Nil, but I do not understand how the recycling stage of the process is supposed to work, at all. I need to recycle buildings to have the resources to build the weather system, however recycling buildings destroys all of my waterways, which is required to transport said resources back to the ship.

Also, I'm not sure I understand how that bit works, either. Sure, the closest Conveyance I build next to the ship has a green line indicating it will feed it, but how do those further away work? Mildly frustrating, building a recycler after a conveyor won't have the latter process the former, having you lose all those resources.

It's also really easy to get yourself stuck just because buildings require a very specific surface and if a previous phase has terraformed all of those surfaced into another one whoops, good luck being able to recycle those buildings surrounded by flowers.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I agree with everything you said, Glal. I 90% enjoy that game but it is way too easy to completely screw yourself over because you didn't predict something 20 moves in advance. So many times I got right to the end of the final level before realising I had no more options.

Conveyers - you need one connected to the silo with a green line like you said. Others will connect to recyclers with green lines which shows you which recyclers they will process. Then it should also show either a flashing red "no entry" style icon, which means it has no route to the conveyor connected to the silo, or some little green footprints which means it has a route. If it has a route it will send a little boat with the resources.

You can try and position recyclers so they don't dismantle your water pumps. And I always try and build several recyclers close together if possible, before building a conveyer that will process all of them.

But yeah it feels like it needs more work. I would love it if the devs continue working on eco themed games though. Something like this but with more complexity and polish would be totally my jam.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    There's a miniboss song in the Hades soundtrack that sounds almost exactly like one of the main songs from Doom 2016

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

The report also states that the multiplayer mode from Mass Effect 3 will not be included in the collection, which will be a single-player-only affair. It will, however, reportedly include all of the downloadable content for all three titles.
    So it won't contain the thing many people like the most about ME3.

Makes sense

edited September 2020
    The CEO's response: "Someone of this caliber can change people's perception of Ubisoft [...]. Michel Ancel has a status equivalent to that of other stars in the industry, which is very difficult to change. It's up to employee representatives and human resources to find ways to protect the people who work with him". Two months before BGE2 became official, the principle was laid down: Ancel will remain at the head of the project whatever the cost. It will be repeated many times to the various managers who alert Yves Guillemot to the human cost of the project.
    They can't make it any more obvious how much Yves needs to go.

Couscous on
    michelancel
    Fake News
    Take few people with rage and jealousy and let them speak in the name of hundreds. Publish the news fast so that it combines with sexual harassment from other news at Ubi soft. I this serious? Is this what you expect from a national newspaper. I will fight for the truth because such accusations are a shame . I worked hard on every of my projects and always had respect for the teams. The accusations are wrong . 1- Toxic management : I am not managing the team. I bring a vision and producers and managers decide what to do , when and how. They are powerful people in the making of such a big projects. Why don’t the journalist speaks about them?

2- I always change my mind : false. E.g. I’ve spent years explaining why the city should not be re done from scratch. Hours explaining that characters were good enough and did not need to be redone. Same for planets and all. But sometimes some people in the team changed things despite my advices. Managers are here to solve this.

3- the 2017 demo was fake and was a video: false . The 2017 demo was solid and made possible the 2018 demo. As opposed to what is in the news, the 2018 demo had the right details , was using real streaming, procedural generation and was playable online. This was a masterpiece of technology.

The news from liberation contains fake Informations revealed by few people who wants to destroy me and the projects . This can’t be done without me fighting every single lines of that news. I’ve offered the journalist the opportunity to take enough time to look at all the mistakes. Let’s see what he will do.
    Yup, he is 100% a douchebag who made things hell for people.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/418530/announcements/detail/2889577613579688665
    Spelunky 2 will be launching without online play. Rather than delay the game, Mossmouth is going to launch it without online, however when it does get added a couple weeks later it's going to have PC and PS4 crossplay!

then why didn't they do this anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy give me spelunky 2 give it to me

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    imagine starting your rebuttal with the words "fake news" and expecting anyone with two brain cells to rub to take it seriously

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I found out that the Epic version of Hades has achievements, they're not just limited to Steam. They don't appear to be visible anywhere besides the in-game Epic panel, which seems kind of half baked.

I'm surprised that the Epic store has been a thing for almost two years and doesn't have any kind of user profiles.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Epic's been pretty naked about their strategy for dethroning Valve being exclusives, not a superior user experience.

Seems like a low bar with how crappy Steam is though, honestly.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    the correct way to assassinate an emperor 0:43
    https://youtu.be/RMwBtZwF1cU

I have no idea this move was possible in Skyrim

I still can't tell if Epic's client running like shit is just my PC or if it just runs like shit

THESPOOKY wrote: »
    imagine starting your rebuttal with the words "fake news" and expecting anyone with two brain cells to rub to take it seriously

People with one brain cell should be put off by saying the people making the accusations are just jealous.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I still can't tell if Epic's client running like shit is just my PC or if it just runs like shit

It's not the best, but fuck, at least it's not the worst...

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

It's not just your PC. My experience is that most buttons cause the whole thing to freeze for two seconds.

It's not the best, but fuck, at least it's not the worst...

I'd rate it about on par with Origin.

Peewi on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Y'all like that Devil Daggers?

Shame about the postal association.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    If you're looking for a good spoopy multiplayer game, Phasmophobia is it. Currently in early access on Steam, devs have been quick to fix issues and make improvements.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SecretiveInexpensiveLousePJSalt

Dirtyboy on
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Never played Mafia 1 but Mafia 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Never finished 3 because the missions were super repetitive and after I downloaded the dlc I couldn't parse what was a story mission and what was dlc so I gave up. Which, honestly is a bummer because 3 seemed to have a lot of things to say on race in the 60's and didn't shy away from the uglier aspects without coming across as schlocky. The story also seemed good it just got lost in having to do the same 3 missions over and over and over and over.

Working on the definitive edition now. The game is pretty and the writing seems solid but the shooting is garbo (I don't know why they modeled it off of 3 and didn't just rework it entirely, it feels super dated) and there are some serious grass pop in issues in the country side that are super distracting.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

It runs better than Steam for me.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    There's a miniboss song in the Hades soundtrack that sounds almost exactly like one of the main songs from Doom 2016
    I just listened through the soundtrack, and there's one track that's basically an E1M1 remix.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    been reading the Honor Harrington series

it's put me in a mood for Homeworld 2

Picked up my save from mission 3 (protect the Shipyard Naabal). I do not like that mission. It's a bit silly that you can't capture their carriers; especially as you get to build your own immediately. Plus, they cheat something fierce.

Just finished Derelicts. Before assaulting the final carrier, I spent some time making sure I was capped on interceptors, bombers, and had a good mix of frigates. Roughly 3 seconds after destroying the carrier, the entire navy attacks the nearest bit of radioactive debris. 2 seconds after that, I had no interceptors or bombers.

Tamin on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    44j1xqpjpip51.png

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    It's almost replaced Fall Guys on Twitch

I didn't find it to be a great experience with randos though

Platy on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Great. I got my cockpit kerploded by a melee strike and now I'm on the sick list for 120 days. I can't believe my avatar is such a malingerer. You get your entire body mushed by a battlemech head-butt and you come over all frail. Some merc commander you turned out to be.

I'm back, baby! For one whole mission! It turns out that Titan Attack isn't defending a base from an assault mech, it's defending a base from a two-skull lance and an assault mech. With a Phoenix Hawk, an AC-20 Centurion, and two Firestarter Punchbots.

Anyway, we got paid and I'm back in the infirmary for 90 days and I don't want to talk about it.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.