As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bucks Win Championship Without Head Coach [NBA]

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Einzel wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    The Heat have completely shit the bed this quarter.

That happens when the foul calls flow like water.

Don't get me wrong, they played like ass, too. But I've never seen so many fouls called in a quarter.

I don't always agree with Van Gundy but his rant on officials ruining the flow of the game with their calls and reviewing every potential face contact was justified. I don't have a horse in the race but as an NBA fan, they gotta rein this shit in. These playoffs have been mostly great but they are over officiating these games.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I like them getting the call right, but it always takes too long. They need an official who is only there to handle challenges with a good tv.

• Options
    They are letting players complain them into flagrant reviews too much. They need to only review on their own suspicions

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Lakers up 10 at the half.

Not gonna lie I am now extremely nervous because this is exactly where the Nuggets suddenly turn things around.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Might be that the Nuggets finally ran out of gas

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    This isn't the most Lakers-bias reffing I've seen, but it sure has been pretty consistently slanted.

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    Lakers up 10 at the half.

Not gonna lie I am now extremely nervous because this is exactly where the Nuggets suddenly turn things around.

See here it is.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Lebron recognizing the baby gazelle on defense (a hurt Jamal Murray) and just attacking him relentlessly is still amazing to watch.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Or, you know, Lebron just decides he's not losing the game and just starts hitting every single shot.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Looks like he found a mechanic for that busted jumper

• Options
    If murray and jokic can play a whole season at this level, they are going to be great for years to come

• Options
    The Lakers are not the Clippers.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Or, you know, Lebron just decides he's not losing the game and just starts hitting every single shot.

As a Pistons fan I have nightmares about Lebron doing that.

• Options
    Speaking of the Pistons. I get some very 2004 Pistons vibes from the Heat. I wouldn't consider a Laker win in the Finals a given.

• Options
    burbo wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    The Nuggets are going to do just enough to win this game, but I don't know how confident I would be at this point. They needed ridiculous games from their role players, combined with a bad outing from the Lakers, and still almost blew a game they had to win. This felt like a game where the Lakers got complacent and it bit them. Same thing happened in the first two rounds.

I mean, this series is one play away from the Lakers being down 2-1. I don't think there's any real doubt that the Lakers are the better team, but the Nuggets sure don't look like they're going to make this easy

I was trying to figure out a way to best explain it, but pretending this game would have the same outcome if it was a 1-1 series going into it is not great?

Thats the frustrating thing about the Lakers, and often Lebron teams of the last several years. Effort and focus is never a given. Making the "well the Lakers didn't really try" argument doesnt reflect well on them, even if its true, imo.

I don't disagree, but the Lakers did this same shit in the previous two rounds. The only diference here is that the Lakers got three games in before they are being forced to make any sort of adjustment, and I'm curious to see what it is (beyond just playing AD at the 5 like they should).

Kinda laughing that the only actual adjustment was “Watch Dwight Howard travel back in time 8 years”. This Lakers team is sneaky deep in the weirdest ways.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    9 finals in 10 years

GOAT

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    9 finals in 10 years

GOAT

3 different teams, including the Cavs

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

Gaming has been normalized amongst all Gen Z athletes but he's an OG

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Via ESPN:
    Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malik Beasley was arrested Saturday and is being held without bail on felony weapons and drug charges in Minneapolis, according to police records.

Beasley, who averaged 20.7 points in 14 games with the Timberwolves after being traded by the Denver Nuggets, is charged with felony controlled substance/narcotics and felony receiving/concealing stolen property, according to Hennepin County Jail records.

Beasley, 23, was arrested after brandishing a gun at someone who then called police, according to sources. After obtaining a search warrant, officers found marijuana and guns in his home in Plymouth, Minnesota, the sources told ESPN.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29965654/nba-playoffs-jimmy-butler-miami-heat-barista-battle

This story about Jimmy Bjtlers coffee company and it's competitors is pure gold. Truly, Big Face Coffee vs. Little Face Coffee is the real Finals.

Edit. Fixed link

burbo on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I think you linked the wrong story?

Edit: https://www.foodandwine.com/news/jimmy-butler-miami-heat-coffee-shop-nba-bubble

Here we go, this was too intriguing not to look up myself.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    sorry fixed the link. I like the espn story because it talks about the bubble coffee rivalry.

• Options
    Oh no, Jalen! I hope he's ok and just faking it(as is the current custom) i really like Jalen Brown.

• Options
    Huh, looks like he's fine. Must have just pooped his pants, upholding Celtics tradition.

• Options
  • Options
    Smart gets a split lip because you don't get a call in the NBA unless you flop and flail. I hate that trend. Like, literally no charge will ever be called unless the defender falls down.

• Options
    I'm definitely getting a Heat vice jersey next season. Leaning toward Duncan Robinson as he's a former Wolverine.

• Options
    All the players talking to Jimmy are just giving him their coffee orders. It takes so long because its 20 bucks no matter what, so you might as well get all the fixins.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Hell of a game from Iguodala.

Also, no confetti for Eastern Conference?

• Options
    Heat in 6. AD injured in game 1. Lebron is by far best and most impactful player, but without AD,his team doesn't have enough. J Butts gets the Kawhi/Iggy memorial Finals MVP for guarding the best player in the series while they go off all over them.

• Options
    I think Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson are about to experience the joy of the Lebron James switch hunting experience.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2020
    I will be VERY surprised if the Lakers don’t win this series.

Lakers in 5

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Butler is a worse version of James and Bam is a worse(?) version of AD, but they do have Spo + some hotshot shooters on their side

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    They play much harder and more cohesively than the Lakers, and have more 2 way players. Obviously the Lakers are and should be favored, but it won't be a walk.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    I think Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson are about to experience the joy of the Lebron James switch hunting experience.

The same experience OG Anunoby got except the final finals

They'll be fine even if owned

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    my prediction: bam is going to get a huge block on lebron and then lebron is going to score 30 points on his head

• Options
    These playoffs have been defined by the ability or inability to defend key players so the big question for me is can Bam defend AD? If not, they are pretty screwed.

• Options
    If anyone can do it, Bam can. Of course, no guarantee that anyone can do it.

This discussion has been closed.