As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Ah yes, "sequels". We have dismissed this claim. Tag spoilers for newbies!

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Forar wrote: »
    I just remembered an interest in the new Bioware store official ME challenge coin, until I put it into the cart and found that a $20 coin had $21 in S&H associated with it in order to ship to the frozen wastes to the north (plus the risk of getting dinged for further customs charges/fees).

Ugh.

Hopefully they'll get some proper armour stripe hoodies back and I can at least get a couple of things at the same time.

... if only they'd take payment in costuming group challenge coins. That I could totally do!

Yeah my armor stripe hoodie has seen better days at this point

I can't bring myself to chuck my faux leather Shep jacket. That thing fit so perfectly, it was brilliant. But the finish really broke up in places and it looks rough, too rough to wear. But honestly I'd totally buy another one, it was great while it lasted - I got a couple of years out of it.

My elite armor stripe hoodie is largely holding up, with a couple of imperfections. But I practically live in that thing when I go outside and it's not summer, so it's doing pretty well.

Jazz on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    I just remembered an interest in the new Bioware store official ME challenge coin, until I put it into the cart and found that a $20 coin had $21 in S&H associated with it in order to ship to the frozen wastes to the north (plus the risk of getting dinged for further customs charges/fees).

Ugh.

Hopefully they'll get some proper armour stripe hoodies back and I can at least get a couple of things at the same time.

... if only they'd take payment in costuming group challenge coins. That I could totally do!

Yeah my armor stripe hoodie has seen better days at this point

I can't bring myself to chuck my faux leather Shep jacket. That thing fit so perfectly, it was brilliant. But the finish really broke up in places and it looks rough, too rough to wear. But honestly I'd totally buy another one, it was great while it lasted - I got a couple of years out of it.

My elite armor stripe hoodie is largely holding up, with a couple of imperfections. But I practically live in that thing when I go outside and it's not summer, so it's doing pretty well.

Mine stopped degrading after I removed all of the velcro. It was eating itself alive in the washer/dryer.

Still wearable but it's definitely in more of a "throw on to go outside for a bonfire" condition than a wear out in public one.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Earlier versions of the stripe hoodie had a velcro layout which would sit directly under the hoodie drawstring so over time if you didn't fully strap up the string would get completely chewed up. Even worse, the collar would also fold over and touch the embroidered N7 logo and destroy that as well.

Thankfully the following revisions swapped sides for the hook patches

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    I never got an armor stripe hoodie and I wish I could

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I would have liked one of the hoodies, but those don't mix well with South Florida weather. I have a First Order hoodie, that I get to wear maybe two weeks total during the year.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I would have liked one of the hoodies, but those don't mix well with South Florida weather. I have a First Order hoodie, that I get to wear maybe two weeks total during the year.

Just move up here

You get all the joy of shitty hot and humid weather in the summer with the added benefit of 7-9 months of great* hoodie weather.

*four of said months may require a winter coat over the hoodie

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I am positive that my n7 jacket will not fit anymore.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular

!

Another South Florida person!

But yeah, hoodies and South Florida don't mix. I don't think I even wore my Iced Earth one last coldtimes.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Broward County represent, lol.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    Broward County represent, lol.

Sadly I'm no longer in Sunrise, in Dade now. Still, nice.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    So I've been wearing the new N7 sweatshirt and I will say despite being 100% cotton it feels like I'm wearing a potato sack on my delicate baby-ass skin compared to the other shirts I have lol. Maybe that's what sweatshirts are supposed to be about?

The print is cool enough though
    Also now using the N7 metal growler which is a massive behemoth of a thermos jug and something which I feel would have been extremely expensive regardless of the ludicrous shipping costs. At least it incentivises me to drink more water! (also a fun motivational thing to drink from during my workout sessions)

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I do still wear my Andromeda Initiative hoodie. It's pretty lightweight so it fits nicely in the slot where one would want an overshirt but it's not cold enough for something heavier.

Aistan on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I have two of the angl striped hoodie, and I love them so much but the elbows and where the pockets connect are tearing.
    I keep meaning to bring them to a seamstress and see if I can get anything done to repair them.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

I think this is the first hoodie that was released. That boy never got zipped up and it cracked all the way down the stripe.

My n7 patch is still going strong on my bag though. Still get random "Shepard" every now and then.

• Options
    Games Radar now "reporting" that the remaster will be entitled Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, and won't come to the Switch.

https://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-reportedly-the-name-of-the-remastered-trilogy/

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Games Radar now "reporting" that the remaster will be entitled Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, and won't come to the Switch.

https://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-reportedly-the-name-of-the-remastered-trilogy/

Also, the rumor mill is saying that Mass Effect 3 is not going to include the multiplayer portion.

https://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-remaster-reportedly-pushed-back-to-early-2021/

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Also, the rumor mill is saying that Mass Effect 3 is not going to include the multiplayer portion.

https://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-remaster-reportedly-pushed-back-to-early-2021/

That would really suck

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Kind of an insane choice, because it was something to monetize.

Although maybe they didn't want the backlash of monetizing something that's already been monetized. ME3 is still just a little too recent that having to re-grind or buy the multi unlocks would be bad press.

Or they could make multi unlocks work differently...

But that takes re-tooling which takes effort which takes funding, so that's probably why it won't happen.

I'm not expecting a re-do of ME1 to use new mechanics, atlhough that would be interesting. It would take a total game redesign though. Unlikely.

• Options
    I think the can of worms is if it's a remake or remaster and all player progress is reset. People spent a shitload of money on the multiplayer so returning players would be extremely bummed if all their unlocks weren't there to begin with.

Anyway, can't think of any BioWare studio who would be actually free to do any of this so they probably had to have sourced it out to a different developer

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I’m curious if they will overhaul the first games gameplay. It feels really different to the other two.

• Options
    I think the can of worms is if it's a remake or remaster and all player progress is reset. People spent a shitload of money on the multiplayer so returning players would be extremely bummed if all their unlocks weren't there to begin with.

Anyway, can't think of any BioWare studio who would be actually free to do any of this so they probably had to have sourced it out to a different developer

The smart move would probably be "All your unlocks carry over, also loot boxes are cheaper".

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I’m curious if they will overhaul the first games gameplay. It feels really different to the other two.

From the sounds of the original article that the Games Radar article links to, they are (which, combined with the pandemic, is the reason for the remaster being delayed).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    From the sound of things it seems like it’s a polish up kind of deal. That’s kind of disappointing. I was hoping they’d pull a Spyro trilogy and basically rebuild the games from the ground up. I would’ve loved new mocap too and basically a remake of environments to fit modern game standards

But a basic remaster is fine I guess

Prohass on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they'll rebalance ME3 War Effort for having a lack of multiplayer

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll rebalance ME3 War Effort for having a lack of multiplayer

With the dlc included you never need it anyway. A 100% playthrough gets you enough for the best ending even with the war effort debuff at 50%. If they take MP out, they could just lose the war effort thing and cut all the numbers by 50% and it'd be fine.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm pretty sure they actually rebalanced War Effort post-launch to have less requirement for multiplayer already. At the very least, the amount of DLC content that adds War Assets means that a completionist player can pretty much have enough War Asset score to beat minimum requirement by like... halfway through the game

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    At this rate I assume the official announcement will be on N7 day.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Leaving off the multi would be so dumb. I see only two good reasons for it:
    1) Andromeda multi is going strong and they don’t want to cannibalize their existing base
    2) They are planning to drop the multi as a stand-alone game sometime afterwards.

1 is basically impossible in my opinion and 2 seems pretty unlikely.

If they are worried about unlocks, they could just reset everybody. I wouldn’t complain if they changed around the format of the loot boxes. Like if it was $1-5 to unlock a class or weapon faster, but you could still get random stuff from credits, I would have zero problem starting from scratch and throwing them a few bucks for the privilege.

(Maybe I’m the problem with the game industry...am I the problem?)

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Yes you are because if they reset the unlocks FUCK THAT

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Fuck the loot boxes. Just let us buy the shit we want with in-game credits earned from playing the multi or something. And make advancement faster this time.

It does not need to be cross-compatible with original ME3, but bonus if we can import our shit from that since it's all stored server-side.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Yes you are because if they reset the unlocks FUCK THAT

Yeah, I figured. I mean I have over 1500 hours in multi (had to check when I got into the andromeda multi beta!), and I literally have every weapon and class unlocked (not all maxed of course). But it’s the grind I enjoy not the endpoint!

As long as I can unlock a couple of good classes and weapons to start, I’m good to start the treadmill again.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I like having the options and not being gimped. I prefer it when it's NOT a treadmill and I'm just playing for the smell of it.

• Options
    I think we’re saying similar things. I agree starting from complete scratch with the same loot box structure as before would suck. If they change it so I can buy what I want to start, I’m in.

Think of it this way, all those unlocks on my ME3 account are sitting on their server right now, but realistically I’m not firing up ME3 again without the reboot, so they are worthless. If they start up a new iteration of the multi, I don’t feel entitled to my old stuff per se.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    I like having the options and not being gimped. I prefer it when it's NOT a treadmill and I'm just playing for the smell of it.

not the yell you get?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    If they didn't reset the unlocks everyone who comes to the game new (and it's been a while, so there'd be a lot of them) is going to wonder why there are these people with Apocalypse Cannons or whatever on day one.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    klemming wrote: »
    If they didn't reset the unlocks everyone who comes to the game new (and it's been a while, so there'd be a lot of them) is going to wonder why there are these people with Apocalypse Cannons or whatever on day one.

Considering it's purely co-op, meh?

Also the people with unlocks are going to be playing Gold and Platinum. No one fresh to ME3MP should really be doing anything higher than Silver because at that point the rest of the team is 100% carrying them.

*edit*
    though to be fair when playing with some of the PA people you get 100% carried anyways because everything is dead before you get to shoot at it :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    If they brought it back and did a reset, I'd want them to remove most of the randomness. There should be boxes like this:
    -New Gun box (you WILL get a new gun until you have all of them, which gun specifically is random)
    -Gun upgrade box (you will get an upgrade for one gun you own). Cheaper than a new gun box.
    - New character box
    - Surprise me box (cheapest one)

Delete having to get each character card multiple times from the game. It's bullshit. And honestly, this is only if you INSIST on doing the boxes. Just a list of guns and characters with the in- game credit cost would be even better.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I still have the original three on disc. The first two in the limited edition boxes..i wonder if they would play on my Xbox1.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I still have the original three on disc. The first two in the limited edition boxes..i wonder if they would play on my Xbox1.

Yeah they will, and they'll also work on the Xbox Series X if you get that (Series S as well, but there's no disc drive there).

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Yeah they will, and they'll also work on the Xbox Series X if you get that (Series S as well, but there's no disc drive there).

You can't just plug the HD-DVD drive into it? I thought it was backward compatible! What bullshit!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
This discussion has been closed.