As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CYOA] Absolute Wrestling Eternal

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    It's not even wrestling if you don't have named moves.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    rzvjoh8lz0ar.jpeg

PETITION VOTE
    (A) New Stat: Obedience!
    (B) High Flying Death Mask and Abyss-Woman go on a date!
    (C) Fan Points!

Due to popular opinion all wrestlers will gain a signature finisher move! These will be named by the fans over time.

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    A!

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    B, the feel good romantic comedy of the year.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I mean, I realize I'm the first one voting for C, but I'm sure that's a mistake. Nobody actually wants those chumps A or B, right? It's real easy to mistype, and those jobbers A and B couldn't land a clothesline on freshly laundered dress shirts.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    B!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    A!

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    B

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    C!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    B. Always time for romance, and romance gone HORRIBLY WRONG

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Just use your Fan Points to ship your fighters by chanting 'KISS KISS KISS' from the ringside

discrider on
  • Options
    Truly this has been the greatest battle yet.

So begins...

fujpvdz0ddlq.jpeg

The fans who voted (B) triumphed! They’d get a fan point or something but those don’t exist suckas.

“It’s Friday night A.W.E!”, calls El Gato Loco from the front double doors of the arena. A horrible shaky cam spins around and zooms off, revealing the roaring fans with their banners.

Meanwhile, Abyss-Woman rises like Gojira from a black bath in her darkened changing room. She steps out, glowing ominously. She spots a sealed envelope on her desk and picks it up in her soggy hands.

At the same time down in the training room High Flying Death Mask flips their way across obstacles and swing rings before landing a perfect 360 spin into a classic acrobat pose. At their feet is an envelop...

High in a corner of the training room a spy camera blinks orange, then green, and turns slightly.

“What do Board have planned?”, Universula Prime intones, her voice echoing in her high tech base of operations at an unknown site, “I must follow, no one gets edge on Universula Prime!”

“On ‘me’, you don’t have to say your own name.”, Diamond Jules butts in.

“How are you here? My defences!”, she shouts.

Jules shrugs, “I just followed the good WiFi. I mean, this is just the janitor’s clos—”

Universula Prime throws Diamond Jules through the door into the backstage of the arena.

Sitting back down, her spy camera zooms in. Separately, both High Flying Death Mask and Abyss-Woman open their envelopes and read a letter. It says:

Be at Ted’s All Place Burgers at 1630, your future depends on it.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    2e28e91i9saf.jpeg

Today’s A.W.E will open with a match up of two wrestlers, one on one, in a regular ring.

The statistics in play will be Technique and Agility.

The winner will have one of their statistics improved.

The loser will gain the trait: Underdog. When they fight someone that won their last match, they roll twice and take the best result. They keep this trait until they win a match.

The two all-star wrestlers facing off in a match of pure skill are Benediction Truth and Cleopatra Revenge. Who do you believe will win, and how close will it be?

MATCH VOTE
    Do you vote for...
    (A) Benediction “The Fort” Truth
    (B) Cleopatra Revenge
    If the roll gives us a wrestler that’s already fought I’m going to choose the wrestler below them in the roster.

Geth roll 1d20 for wrestler 1
    Geth roll 1d20 for wrestler 2
    Geth roll 1d10 for event

wrestler 1:
    1d20 18 [1d20=18]
    wrestler 2:
    1d20 19 [1d20=19]
    event:
    1d10 8 [1d10=8]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    In case anybody is too lazy to flip back for the stats on the wrestlers

Benediction “The Fort” Truth
    1 Strength
    1 Technique
    0 Agility
    -1 Resilience

Cleopatra Revenge
    2 Strength
    3 Technique
    0 Agility
    1 Resilience

A technique and agility route is going to Cleopatra no doubt. I like The Fort, they're a huge pillar of the community and deeply involved in charity work (and historical reenactments but that's neither here nor there) but Cleopatra has every edge in this one.

Steam
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    just wanna say, good work on all these logos serpents, going the extra mile on presentation
    ... Logos Serpents is a good name

Also betting on an upset, the underdog, A: Benediction "The Fort" Truth

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I have to Vote A as well, Benny's been getting a lot of in depth training sessions in with his cousin Ron, and I think it's past time for his big break.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    just wanna say, good work on all these logos serpents, going the extra mile on presentation
    ... Logos Serpents is a good name

Also betting on an upset, the underdog, A: Benediction "The Fort" Truth

Thank you. The A.W.E budget is very high.

• Options
    Betting on Dickie Truth! A!

• Options
    A.
    Not that I know who that is, but it's fun to antagonise the biggest heel in this competition.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Will this be our first landslide vote? I only see votes for (A)!

What happens when all that fan energy is poured into one wrestler? We’ll find out very soon!

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    x2mu00drzmtv.jpeg

The usual announcer returns, sweating under the lights.

“Ladies and gentlemen! We begin these awe inspiring events with a match of pure skill! Our first contender is a man of intellect, of education... No wrestler is so architectural sound as he... Known to his foes as The Fort... Benediction Truth!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ZkhlJUQAM

The Fort stands tall on the ramp. If you could define his look, you’d call it... a wrestler. Black shorts. Big boots. Elbow pads. He nods to the crowd, then gets in the ring.

“That’s my boy!”, you hear a woman cry from the crowd.

The Fort pumps his fist into the air when he hears that, unfazed.

The announcer mops their brow, then continues, “He willingly dares to face the renegade pharaoh, the living curse herself...”

The lights cut out and the big screen shows an image of rows of artefacts. Stone heads without noses. Open sarcophagi. The Sphinx.

A choir of ghostly voices say, “Cleopatra Revenge.”

Cleopatra Revenge
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1mukz7ex2cg

When the lights come back on, she’s already crouched on the ropes.

As soon as the bell is rung Cleopatra pounces like a panther, scratching The Fort across his chest. Those cuts look deep!

The Fort falls back, taking a defensive stance. He jabs and kicks, but his opponent is too fast!

“Things are looking dire for Mr. Truth here!”, the left commentator says.

“They sure do! Cleopatra is a ghost, or a demon, she’s not of this world!”, the other replies.

Cleopatra roundhouses The Fort, then grapples him as soon as he hits the deck, locking his left arm out. She attempts to pull it out of its socket by pressing her feet up against his body and pulling back!

As the referee slides in to count down to a release, The Fort manages to bend his legs back and flip himself onto his feet!

Cleopatra still attached, he throws himself into a corner, cracking her head audibly against it. Thick blood drips in her perfect black hair. She lets go into a roll and scrambles around to face him.

She puts the boot in, but The Fort grabs it and lifts her up for a backwards drop, but instead Cleopatra spins and kicks him across the jaw, once, twice, three times. She goes in for an unsuccessful pin.

The fight goes on for some time, until both are bloodied. They circle each other, an understanding of their strength becoming apparent...

The Fort charges Cleopatra, and the pair dive out of the ring!

Cleopatra rages, twisting her body around until she has The Fort in a headlock using her legs, and proceeds to pummel him! 10...

The pair struggle, until The Fort breaks free after throwing himself back against the ring. Cleopatra attempts to get back in, but he pulls her down and slams his fist into her back. She retaliates by whipping around, knocking him to his knees. 4...

By the time they stop to catch a breath, they’ve both succumbed to a ring out. It’s the first draw of the season!

If all votes go to one wrestler that’s an extra die, for those looking for the rules.
    Geth roll 3d6+1+4 for The Fort
    Geth roll 2d6+3 for Cleopatra Revenge

The Fort:
    3d6+1+4 12 [3d6=3, 3, 1]
    Cleopatra Revenge:
    2d6+3 12 [2d6=6, 3]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    After Match Details

It was a draw! Neither wrestler could topple the other!

As such their statistics have been rerolled, with earned stats being fixed!

Both wrestlers have had their relationship to each other changed; they have respect for each other now.

2 Strength
    1 Technique
    3 Agility
    2 Resilience
    Respect: Cleopatra Revenge

Cleopatra Revenge
    -1 Strength
    2 Technique
    1 Agility
    -1 Resilience
    Respect: Benediction “The Fort” Truth
    1 = -1
    2 = 1
    3 = 2
    4 = 3

Geth roll 4d4 for The Fort
    Geth roll 4d4 for Cleopatra Revenge

The Fort:
    4d4 12 [4d4=3, 2, 4, 3]
    Cleopatra Revenge:
    4d4 7 [4d4=1, 3, 2, 1]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Meanwhile at Ted’s All Place Burger, Abyss-Woman and High Flying Death Mask eye each other a plastic table.

“Weird that this table was reserved for us.”, Abyss-Woman says finally.

Her date only nods.

“I come with order.”, a waitress says, roughly throwing down a couple of plates and slamming down two milkshakes.

“Don’t I know you?”, Abyss-Woman asks.

“No. I just have face like that. So... why are you people here, much plotting? Maybe plot big scheme?”

“Honestly, I’m not sure. I’m more of a seafood person. What are you into... whatever your name is?”

High Flying Death Mask signs ‘pizza’.

“Oh yeah, good choice.”, she muses, “You've got a great outfit, by the way. Real classic.”

The waitress storms off to the kitchen.

“They make secret hand code!”, Universula says through gritted teeth, “There must be something going on!”

Diamond Jules carries a steaming pile of burgers on a tray.

“Yeah yeah, look honey, I’ve got five orders to go and I am not getting a bad reputation so get back out there.”, he shouts.

With furrowed brow Universula looks him up and down, “But you are not actually chef.”

“I swear to God Mz. P, if you don’t get out there you’re fired.”, he states frankly, “I swear to God.”

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    i7brexhlkn9w.jpeg

Deva Majestic struts down the ramp, mic in hand.

“Maximum Arbitration. Such is the power of the Board. One all-star fighter will be singled out for a gruelling, unknown task at their behest. They’ll risk injury, or worse, but should they succeed they will be empowered on a level as yet unseen within Absolute Wrestling Eternal.”, she waits a beat, “Not me though right, I’m at the top of my game.”

This is Maximum Arbitration!

Vote for any one wrestler to take on a mystery challenge. Success will empower them greatly. Failure may destroy them!

Is it wise to vote for your favourite, or better to push your most hated wrestler into the task?

Time will tell.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Al Natural should go on the mystery challenge. There's not enough Al in our faces

• Options
    Sheriff Justine Law will tackle the mystery challenge.

Steam
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I second the vote for Al Natural

• Options
    WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    I vote Jumbo Miyamoto.

• Options
    With two votes to Al Natural you may want to vote tactically if you don’t want him to have a chance at being greatly empowered. You may want to throw him another vote if you wish for a chance for him to be destroyed!

• Options
    I vote Sheriff Justine Law

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I want to see what Al Natural has got (still think he's secretly an android)
    actually scratch that, who's this mysterious Prince Eastifa? Mysterious enough to do a mystery task? Let's find out.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Sheriff Law! She may or may not be the woman for the job.

• Options
    A vote for Al is a vote to send two fighters through the mystery task at once

• Options
    “Well, that was unusual. And I’m a creature from the depths of the briny sea.”, Abyss-Woman considers as she waits for the bus.

High Flying Death Mask nods. They are reading a newspaper.

“Any sports news? Who’s gonna get the next Olympics?”, Abyss-Woman asks, “It’d be cool if it was Japan, right? Like the movie?”

Death Mask nods again, the crease of a smile under their skeletal mask.

The date was a success!

High Flying Death Mask & Abyss-Woman are now tag team partners!

Universal Prime & Diamond Jules are now tag team partners!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    rt456ljv5wb6.jpeg

Beneath the Arena
    Night

Al Natural sits up on the cool, dusty floor. A figure approaches him in the dark. Al screams like a girl. Then he stops.

“Oh. It’s you. Where am I?”, he frowns.

“That’s a good question. Looks like you’re not to blame, so I won’t shove this flashlight up your asshole just yet.”, comes the reply.

With a flick of the switch Sheriff Justine Law illuminates her rugged features. She extends her hand and pulls him to his feet.

“No windows. No breeze. Mostly concrete. Dusty, damp at the corners. I say we’re underground.”, she whispers.

The pair make their way in the dark, the shadows of piles of old costumes and worn out weights casting monstrous shapes. Al walks into the back of Law when she pauses.

She speaks after a long second of silence, “You hear that? Fighting, down those stairs. Come on!”

Al looks around for other options in the dark, then chases after the Sheriff when he can’t spot her any longer.

“Fuck!”, she shouts.

Al trips over Law! She’s fallen through the bottom step of the stairs!

He pulls her back up slowly, her right leg bloody! She puts an arm around him, swinging the flashlight around wildly to take in any threat, her senses heightened and heart racing.

“I’m gonna sit you down here, okay? I’ll see if there’s a med kit or something down here. Lend me the torch.”, he says.

As he wanders aimlessly in the dark, Al passes a tired old ring. No one else is down here, as far as he can tell...

That’s when Al shrieks!

“It’s just the mirror for weight lifting against. Scared myself. Damn, it’s so warped. Huh...”, he trails off.

A little while after Al comes back to Law.

“I found the way out. Just another staircase at the opposite end.”, he says with a smile, “Come on.”

“That doesn’t answer what this is all about!”, the Sheriff growls, propping herself up on Al.

He smiles at her, “You’re in no condition to find out...”

Together the pair leave, and carry on until they’re out of the arena.

“I’ll call us a taxi.”, Sheriff Justine Law, “Then tomorrow I’m going back down there. Solving things is my job, and there’s nothing I hate more than a mystery.”

But Al has already gone.
    Geth roll 2d6 for Injury Chance Al Natural
    Geth roll 2d6 for Injury Chance Justine Law
    Geth roll 2d6 for Event Al Natural
    Geth roll 2d6 for Event Justine Law

Injury Chance Al Natural:
    2d6 11 [2d6=5, 6]
    Injury Chance Justine Law:
    2d6 4 [2d6=2, 2]
    Event Al Natural:
    2d6 3 [2d6=2, 1]
    Event Justine Law:
    2d6 5 [2d6=1, 4]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    0eu3e78jvhp0.jpeg

Sheriff Justice Law and Al Natural did not succeed at the task. The mystery is left unsolved... for now!

Sheriff Justine Law has sustained a serious injury and cannot take part in a fight for the next 2 matches!

Al Natural... has been changed by the night’s events. The extent of this will come to light soon!

• Options
    edited September 2020
    sj2wjl02zlvd.jpeg

Backstage

“What was that maximum thing about?”, Deva asks Magician Fist.

They shrug, “Who knows, I haven’t even met the guys running this.”

“Are you ready folks?”, the announcer declares, “For an arsenal match? This match is unique. Three wrestlers will enter, only one will leave! The ring will be enclosed in a steel cage, and real, lethal weaponry will be dropped in once the match begins! Don’t try this at home! Our wrestlers have signed a waiver just to compete in sure a match!”

There is a murmur through the crowd, excitement begins to build.

“These courageous combatants are...”, the announcer takes a breath, sweat developing as he reads from a small card he pulled from his pocket, “Universula Prime! Buster Titanium! Cleopatra Revenge! What a terrifying line-up.”

That last part was honest.

This match is all about Strength and Resilience. The winner will have two separate stats increased! All will have a chance to become injured, win or lose. The wrestler with the least votes will gain a negative trait from the harrowing experience.

MATCH VOTE
    (A) Universula Prime
    (B) Buster Titanium
    (C) Cleopatra Revenge
    Geth roll 3d20 for Wrestlers.

Wrestlers:
    3d20 39 [3d20=5, 15, 19]

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    I dig the accent on Universula Prime.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Buster Titanium is gonna spend the whole match on the back foot, but I see him pulling off a last minute upset