As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who is the best HololiveEN member? Find out in the Vtuber thread!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Athenor wrote: »
    I have noticed they have a lot of disclaimers on gaming videos, making sure they have the rights to broadcast it and all that. Maybe it has to do with securing those?

The above video is great. I was not ready for IT HURTS!
    presumably if calli can play it it should be cleared for hololive in general?

(they have to be serious business about securing streaming rights after a copyright fiasco a couple months back. tons of stream archives are still unavailable after the company blanket privated everything pending review)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    True. I was going to post that before I saw Cali was doing it. :D And then decided to roll the dice and look like a fool because I was so bemused by IT HURTS!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Gura's been playing Dead By Daylight tonight solely as the killer, and boy she really is the Apex Predator. She's actually pretty legit at the game.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Gura's been playing Dead By Daylight tonight solely as the killer, and boy she really is the Apex Predator. She's actually pretty legit at the game.

She seems pretty legit at a lot of games. Still hoping for her to return to Maneater. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura

She seems pretty legit at a lot of games. Still hoping for her to return to Maneater. :)

Unlikely, as she said she didn't really enjoy playingi t.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Her true skill is only revealed on rhythm games, when she ascends from "pretty legit" to "what the actual hell is this power"

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    so far the best part of Gura doing DBD is her harmonizing with the screans as she hooks survivors

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    i really should figure out how this game actually works because i've seen streams and clips of it all the time and it seems to be totally perplexing on a macro strategy level

there's engines and hooks and hanging people from hooks doesn’t kill them and ???

Elendil on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Takanashi Kiara
    Of the whole bunch of Holos, Gura and Luna really stand out to me as far as actually playing video games goes. Gura is genuinely highly skilled at it, and Luna has a pretty natural talent at retaining video game details and dropping references all over the place during her streams (the dead bounty hunter outside Kraid's door in Super Metroid will forever be called Artorias (Dark Souls) in my head now, because the second she saw him she named him that).

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Elendil wrote: »
    i really should figure out how this game actually works because i've seen streams and clips of it all the time and it seems to be totally perplexing on a macro strategy level

there's engines and hooks and hanging people from hooks doesn’t kill them and ???

yeah I am absolutely horrible at games like DBD. there's a lot of tactics and strategy beyond just 'find person, kill person' and my brain is super bad at doing that kind of stuff in a real-time high-pressure game situation. let me sit there and think about it for as long as i want in like Civ or something and i'm fine, but put a time limit on it and i'm dead

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    From what I know, the victims/survivors win by performing an entire series of tasks. You need to collect certain items to turn on the generators, turn on so many at once, etc.

The killer has to attack then grab them and get them to the hook. Then they don't die until a timer counts down, and they can wiggle free or be pulled free by another player. You can't just guard the hook all the time, or else the players will have free reign to perform their win condition tasks.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

I'd really like to see her try Depth

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Gawr Gura
    Stilts wrote: »

I'd really like to see her try Depth

unrelated gameplay wise, but my #1 wish is for her to do a full playthrough of Subnautica. completely on brand and feels like it would be super entertaining.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Takanashi Kiara
    Aqua just sang the TTGL theme and it's right up there with Watame's version of it. She's doing a stream to hit 700k members and is currently 2k away. I think the idea is she's going to unveil her new character outfit when the goal is reached. For now it's a singing stream.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    august wrote: »
    Does anyone know if/when Korone will do Doom Eternal because I think I need to see at least part of that.

She mentioned after playing 2016 that she wants to, no official announcement yet though

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    august wrote: »
    Does anyone know if/when Korone will do Doom Eternal because I think I need to see at least part of that.

She mentioned after playing 2016 that she wants to, no official announcement yet though

if they are smart after she hits 900k which might around when the expansion launches, it'd be a great way to propel her to a cool mil, although she is on track to be first from hololive to make that milestone. fubuki has a head start but korone is growing faster, though not as blindingly stupefyingly fast as gura who hit 500k subs in three weeks, which is bananapants. like more bananas than a megalodon is long.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Gura hit 500k subs already (holy crap). She then showed us what it's like when she uses her hunting instinct.
    https://youtu.be/TAGu-XSRmD4
    (If you haven't seen this game, it's pretty violent, so be aware of that before watching.) She's really quite good at the Killer side, and her comments have me rolling on this one.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    apparently haachama and coco got their channels suspended in china for mentioning taiwan.

They got ALL of hololive suspended on bilibili, including CN, which is why coco is being raided

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    Gura hit 500k subs already (holy crap). She then showed us what it's like when she uses her hunting instinct.
    https://youtu.be/TAGu-XSRmD4
    (If you haven't seen this game, it's pretty violent, so be aware of that before watching.) She's really quite good at the Killer side, and her comments have me rolling on this one.

HELLO! :)

*smashes you with a sledgehammer*

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

The survivors: they need to escape by opening the two doors on the map, and running out. To do that, they need to find the generators around the map, and turn them on. This is a long QTE, if interrupted it keeps your progress but the killer can smack it to remove progress. Once the generators are open, there are two doors on the edges of the map they need to find. Then, they need to go to the lever at the door, hold it down for a few seconds to open the door, then run out to escape.
    Killer: needs to, shockingly, kill the survivors. However, the way they do that is weird. Each killer has a basic attack, plus one or more special abilities that can do crazy shit, but at the most basic they need to hit a survivor twice to knock them down, them pick them up and carry them to one of the hooks around the map. They have to hang em up, then wait for them to die. The hook has 3 "stages:" when first hung up, the survivor just waits there for someone to rescue them. After some time, they then have to button mash to avoid a giant spike from impaling them, but they can merely delay it, they have to be rescued by another teammate, if they don't they are finally sacrificed by the spike. If they get pulled off the hook but then hung up again, they start at the next stage, i.e. if they get pulled off at the start the next time they start at the button mash segment, if saved from that the next time they get hooked its instant death.

There is a LOT more to it but those are the very basics.

• Options
    Takanashi Kiara
    apparently haachama and coco got their channels suspended in china for mentioning taiwan.

They got ALL of hololive suspended on bilibili, including CN, which is why coco is being raided
    Well that explains why Coco's stream is in members only mode for chat.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Takanashi Kiara
    I think I just found my favorite translated / archived collaboration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAeGZIPYXnw

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    https://youtu.be/MvlgyKTSSEA

watame rapidly climbing to my top tier

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    Haachama sees Coco's Weekly Meme Review, but it doesn't have enough memes about her.
    (Thanos voice): Fine, I'll do it myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGf20fOn2U

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Amelia fuckin loves being an anime girl and all the power it gives her.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    i dunno if Korone has actually heard Offspring or if that was just coincidence, but for some reason she seems like she would fucking LOVE Offspring

• Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    i dunno if Korone has actually heard Offspring or if that was just coincidence, but for some reason she seems like she would fucking LOVE Offspring

i would drop dollars for her to sing "all i want" on a karaoke stream. or "bad habit". that might be more of a coco song tho.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    3rd EN collab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObtSn2EONGQ

Kiara's been separated from Cali because she touched Cali's boobie.

• Options
    Takanashi Kiara
    Coco made Roboco swear, like I'm not sure it took longer than 10 minutes.

Also I'm pretty sure :^) is about to grow in power on reddit.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Mori Calliope
    What game is this they're playing on the collab? I missed the name, and it looks fun.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    What game is this they're playing on the collab? I missed the name, and it looks fun.

Gang Beasts

• Options
    I still have no clue what Gang Beasts was originally supposed to be. I love what it's become.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    I still have no clue what Gang Beasts was originally supposed to be. I love what it's become.

Was it supposed to be something different? Human: Fall Flat is equally silly like this, this just seems to be the kind of game this team likes to make.

• Options

Was it supposed to be something different? Human: Fall Flat is equally silly like this, this just seems to be the kind of game this team likes to make.

I dunno! Back before the double fine stuff I saw some kind of thing involving really elaborate characters and such.

In any case, headbutt simulator is fine! ... though I do wonder, do any of the other gens do 5-person collabs like this? they seem to have a lot of trouble with them.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    kinda bummed the collab only went for an hour, i feel like it was just getting started when they called it

i don't want them to do like 12-hour marathons or anything, but hopefully they can at least push it to a couple hours in the future

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    They haven't had time to transition to full time streamers yet so they still got to deal with jobs, whatever their living situation is, and time zones.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.