As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    That Barbatos definitely looks like some kind of Terminator, nice work.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I test parts out by moving them around to see if the paint will get scuffed up before snapping them completely together.

Terminator is definitely the look I was going for so thanks.

steam_sig.png
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Not yet, but two kits have been announced

Hey I was wrong about this. The kits based on the big walking Gundam are out. Search for RX-78F00 Gundam, but good luck finding stock.
    I looked up a review on Youtube and:
    Boo! Both are P-Bandai!
    More Boo! The 1/100 has a huge sticker sheet!
    Super Boo Boo! None of the two kits have the two different blues in the chest, or the two-tone yellow on the skirt!

Therefore I shall pass this model and ignore its existence.

In better news, I thought I never would be able to get a G40, and then it suddenly appeared in an online store in a neighbouring country, and the lovely box has arrived today :biggrin:

< tosses G40 on the backlog pile mountain> :rotate: :rotate: :razz:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    The G40 is a hell of a mecha design. I didn't love assembling it, but the finished product has such a striking look that I can't be mad at it.

I'm about halfway through the Beyond Global Gundam, and this may be the single most impressively engineered HG I've had the pleasure of assembling.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I finished the Force Impulse!

I think this is my first RG to not feature so many of the fitted decals, and it suffered for it IMO. A lot of em sorta awkwardly overlap, or need to go over a gap in the surface if you're trying to match the placement in the guide. I love that color scheme tho, and the shield gimmick is neat. The wings of the backpack are crazy unwieldy too, gonna have to carefully place him on the RG shelf so it doesn't knock someone else off. :p

Oh brilliant
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Why hello there, giant ass box!

6LZLQI7l.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    WHAT'S IN THE BOX?!

Why, it's a bunch of other boxes that didn't go through shipping all that well! Thankfully I don't care about box condition.

MG9Wfyul.jpg

The Varguil was for a friend, so it don't count. But the rest are me working on my second Perfect Grade! ... someday...

yiY6PjSl.jpg

What's inside the boxes inside the boxes?

Well, first up is the Banshee's PROPER weapons, back when it was piloted by a proper badass.

CViaoYal.jpg?1

That waterslide sheet gives me the chills just looking at it.

Second? Full Armor mode! This.. was mostly bought for the extra cannons and space boosters, as the Final Battle ver comes with all its shields.

MAkyo9Pl.jpg

My God, look at the size of some of those parts! And again, that waterslide sheet!

8pdPK1ul.jpg?1

Then there's the PG itself. Despite having done Perfect Strike, the sheer size of these things still blows me away.

RWf8xRFl.jpg

Oh hey, looks like I have two of that waterslide sheet! That may come in handy.

SwIVHxxl.jpg?1

I have no plans on building this anytime soon. I already have a hell of a backlog and I'm trying to clear space. Further, I tried to order an LED kit for it, but it hasn't shown up yet - which is weird. But that's okay.

What really gets me, though, is somewhere in my mind I got the brilliant idea of doing all 3 Unicorns - including Phenex if they make a PG of the Narrative version or provide upgrades to do that. In retrospect, I wonder if that was a good idea? I also am debating if I want to paint the inner frame or do anything special with this guy.

One thing I do know, however...

Is that it is my first chance to compare scales between Real Grade and Perfect Grade. And you KNOW that will feature in my photo journal.

2bB797sh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    In other news...

Hasbro today announced they are bringing Zoids back to the West!

... Please don't @ me except for the initial jokes. It appears to be Zoids Wild without the "Wild" branding, and while the box art tries, the figures are... Oof. They are 1/35 scale and include pilots in some cases. And they are definitely not the kind of models I want to own right now.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    gosh dang perfect grades are big

BahamutZERO.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    you're in luck/in trouble bc pbandai actually announced a PG NT phenex and twin tail expansion the other day

uc3ufTB.png
    you're in luck/in trouble bc pbandai actually announced a PG NT phenex and twin tail expansion the other day

And the combined MSRP is only 61600 yen which is about $580. RIP wallet.

steam_sig.png
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    So I'm loving the RG's I've been building, but which kit would you guys recommend to get the MG experience? I would prefer $<50 but am willing to go up to 75 if it's the kit. I should probably actually watch a gundam show to see what designs I like. Spoiler for kits I've built to get an idea of what I like.
    I built a MG Tallgeese, but didn't really feel like it showed what all could be done in MG. I just finished the RG 00 Raiser, which is pretty nice. REALLY liking all the RG's I've tried so far. I've built the Zaku II, Gundam Mk-II AEUG, and Justice Gundam in RG (thought there was more) and am looking for something different. I like variety (try not to double up on kits) and don't like the angles everywhere design of the Unicorn. I have built the HGs Hyakuren, Gusion Rebake, Barbatos Lupus, Gusian, RX-78-2, Sazabi, G-Arcane, Grimoire Red Beret, Sengoku Astray. Bunch of the Armored Core kits too, but the gundam ones have spoiled me for being better.

akirasig.jpg
    edited September 2020

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(how do I get it over here?)

Athenor on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »

And the combined MSRP is only 61600 yen which is about $580. RIP wallet.

it's one or the other, the expansion is for if you already have the tailless phenex
    Athenor wrote: »
    (how do I get it over here?)

it'll probably make its way to pbandai US for next month's set of preorders or the month after

uc3ufTB.png
    So I'm loving the RG's I've been building, but which kit would you guys recommend to get the MG experience? I would prefer $<50 but am willing to go up to 75 if it's the kit. I should probably actually watch a gundam show to see what designs I like. Spoiler for kits I've built to get an idea of what I like.
    I built a MG Tallgeese, but didn't really feel like it showed what all could be done in MG. I just finished the RG 00 Raiser, which is pretty nice. REALLY liking all the RG's I've tried so far. I've built the Zaku II, Gundam Mk-II AEUG, and Justice Gundam in RG (thought there was more) and am looking for something different. I like variety (try not to double up on kits) and don't like the angles everywhere design of the Unicorn. I have built the HGs Hyakuren, Gusion Rebake, Barbatos Lupus, Gusian, RX-78-2, Sazabi, G-Arcane, Grimoire Red Beret, Sengoku Astray. Bunch of the Armored Core kits too, but the gundam ones have spoiled me for being better.

The ZZ Ver.Ka and Sazabi Ver.Ka are like top tier MG. If you want something on the cheaper side the MG Jesta is a pretty good kit.

steam_sig.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The F91 was pretty good too, and only like $40 cause he's a short boy

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Got about 2/3 of the way through building an HG Leo.

Is this what all modern HG kits are like now? Because wow it's just a straight-forward pleasurable experience.

I'm gonna have to go dig my FA Unicorn out of storage so I can steal his shields

X22wmuF.jpg
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Is this what all modern HG kits are like now? Because wow it's just a straight-forward pleasurable experience.

No, the HG Leo is kind of unique in how simple it is. Great kit though. If you want more like the Leo, look up 30 Minutes Missions kits, or 30MM. They're by Bandai, but original designs not tied to any property. All simple and elegant in their engineering like the Leo. There are a handful of kit designs, but a lot of color variations. And option parts to go with them.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

No, the HG Leo is kind of unique in how simple it is. Great kit though. If you want more like the Leo, look up 30 Minutes Missions kits, or 30MM. They're by Bandai, but original designs not tied to any property. All simple and elegant in their engineering like the Leo. There are a handful of kit designs, but a lot of color variations. And option parts to go with them.

I had already done a few 30MM kits, that's why I was struck by how similar they felt.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    TNTrooper wrote: »

The ZZ Ver.Ka and Sazabi Ver.Ka are like top tier MG. If you want something on the cheaper side the MG Jesta is a pretty good kit.

Guess who just built the ZZ Ver.Ka and can vouch for how sick it is!

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    The decals are water decals and I don't have the setup for that rn. Maybe one day

Ua4IjWrl.jpg

RIP to my faithful GodHand nips. :'<

Oh brilliant
    o7

I had already done a few 30MM kits, that's why I was struck by how similar they felt.

The HG Maganac and HG Windam use the same joint system as the Leo as well. They call it the "fine build system", and it seems like it is going to be standard for grunt suits going forward?

I believe that intro grade RX-78-2 that's on the way is using it as well.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The Delta Kai's flight mode looks so good I'm actually going to display it this way rather than as an MS

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    as a robot it's "oh another gundam, well time to pose it next to the other 100 gundams"
    as a jet it's "oh an awesome space fighter jet, there's like 2 of those in this whole IP"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    As a robot it's impossible to balance or pose with that goddamn shield

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The Delta Kai's flight mode looks so good I'm actually going to display it this way rather than as an MS

It's so good.

Just humongous SNES shmup energy

X22wmuF.jpg
    Tracking info for my expo Gundams had not updated for 3 days. Supposed to be delivered today but I am having doubts!

Oh brilliant
    Tracking info for my expo Gundams had not updated for 3 days. Supposed to be delivered today but I am having doubts!

I got a big caps email saying DELIVERY COMPLETE after mine arrived. So don't worry until you see that and don't have the things in your hands.

... Then very much worry.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Am debating whether to ask my local store whether to order the color variant Core Gundams II.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    i definitely want that G3 core II

https://youtu.be/LHJ4CDwAeKw

my expo kits arrived today but i'll wait for the rest of my shipment to post pics

uc3ufTB.png
    Store got in another Grandpa Gundam HG. I think this one's the origin one?

... I'm debating buying it just to stick in the fuel tanks of my Unicorn.

Haha, no, I won't be doing that because the insides are actually reinforced and not completely hollow!

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    As nice as the MG is, I do wish I’d waited to get the HG Origin Gundam.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I got Char's BFF the RG Nu Gundam in today. Last one, I swear.

wVEsyIc.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Last one what? Last one today?

Last RG before he has the whole RG line.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.