As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventures in Lordran - or tales of brave Sir Onion

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I started Bloodborne
    this game doesn't make a great first impression but once I figured out the combat I started liking it

obviously the aesthetic is extremely good, as are all the incredibly stupid melee weapons

I'm a big fan of "put sword in rock now sword big"

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Wait until you get a load of the harpoon that’s also a drill!

Okay I made that one up, but that could easily be a trick weapon.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    The charged butt slams are such a pain to roll. There have been times where I had it figured out, but its unintuitive and I've since forgotten it.

At this point I just run out.

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    One day I’ll beat Super Ornstein, one day.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    The charged butt slams are such a pain to roll. There have been times where I had it figured out, but its unintuitive and I've since forgotten it.

Yeah, it's tough to have that perfect distance where you're far away enough to roll away and not get hit but also close enough to get in and hit him while he recovers

I do feel like I'm getting better at the fight though, just gotta execute on it

... Part of me wants to try and take out Smough first so I can see how tough super Ornstein is

edited September 2020
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Kamar wrote: »

Yeah, it's tough to have that perfect distance where you're far away enough to roll away and not get hit but also close enough to get in and hit him while he recovers

I do feel like I'm getting better at the fight though, just gotta execute on it

... Part of me wants to try and take out Smough first so I can see how tough super Ornstein is

Super Ornstein is significantly easier than Super Smough. His only dangerous move is his version of the butt slam. Everything else is extremely telegraphed and easy to roll (or misses you completely without you dodging if you're between his legs).

He's just harder to get to, since Ornstein chases way better than Smough so killing Smough first has to be done with Ornstein poking at you the whole time.

Kamar on
    Did you get the names mixed up or does Ornstein have a butt slam as well?

Moriveth wrote: »
    Did you get the names mixed up or does Ornstein have a butt slam as well?

Ornstein gains one as Super Ornstein.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Which one is more difficult is just dependent on which one's moveset one is more easily able to deal with.

It's actually pretty good design for difficulty. Whichever one you find to be easier will be the one likely killed first, which leaves a more difficult version of the more difficult one for the second phase. Forces one to try and kill the more difficult one first if they want an easier time in the second phase.

A lot better than all the phases being identical no matter what.

Aistan on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    there are certain invasion points in bloodborne, and it's mostly the nightmare parts

if you know where the bell ringing woman is, you can sprint there and kill her and she won't respawn

Well I saw Super Ornstein once, unfortunately I took damage right before the cutscene started so pretty much as soon as that phase started I died.

I'm feeling a bit on tilt at the moment so I'm gonna take a break, but I really wanna see Super Ornstein to see if I can deal with him better than I can Smough.

Shorty wrote: »
    I started Bloodborne
    this game doesn't make a great first impression but once I figured out the combat I started liking it

obviously the aesthetic is extremely good, as are all the incredibly stupid melee weapons

literally all the weapons are viable too, and just vary up your playstyle

that being said, thread cane is the weakest, but has some bonkers range

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    I started Bloodborne

literally all the weapons are viable too, and just vary up your playstyle

that being said, thread cane is the weakest, but has some bonkers range

praise

the

cane

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    How else might a fellow subdue the beastly scourge if not by strappings upon the leg, a dapper hat and genteel cane?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    cane is really good, it's just a little bit of slow starter as it needs the scaling to pick its damage up

worst weapon is the rfle spear imo

edited September 2020
    Elendil wrote: »
    cane is really good, it's just a little bit of slow starter as it needs the scaling to pick its damage up

worst weapon is the rfle spear imo

Cane has bad scaling though. It’s strength is the huge range and small stamina consumption. Rifle spear is pretty boring just like the stake driver. But they do real good single target

PiptheFair on
    Also the whips damage type is bad iirc

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm a big fan of the axe, and usually fall back on using it the entire game.

The spinny charge attack is so good.

Yes but you look erudite and proper, the greatest defence against beasthood.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i disagree, ime the cane holds its own perfectly fine even in depth 5 cursed chalices. whip mode is serrated damage so it gets the bonus vs. beasts. cane mode is the good old straight sword moveset so the DPS holds up fine.

the broad sweeping hits of the whip demolish any boss that has locational damage mechanics like paarl or amelia. cane mode has a thrust R2. no blunt damage, iirc, despite not being a blade, and blunt is the "bad" damage type.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    In Bloodborne I only ever wanted to use the sword you can find about midway through that's basically a chargeblade from Monster Hunter without the charge move.

Ludwig’s Holy Blade is the way and the light

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Still chugging along in my bloodborne play through. I’m very endeared to the cane.

The invisible widows in cainhurst spooked me a bit, so I stepped out and decided to dip my toes into the DLC.

The first couple of enemies are uh, not fucking around. Maybe I’ll come back a few levels later, or maybe a few dozen

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    the cane is legit. it has sacred modifier on cane mode and serrated on whip. yes, technically the axe and saw cleaver are stronger starters but the cane trades off range and safety in return. its just a different way to play

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You can beat Bloodbourne with any and all weapons and really unless you're PVPing it doesn't matter that some are slightly better than others

Cainhurst is a really cool place, the widows are really not so bad. Just keep moving. Also get reiterpallasch if you have a Dex build, because it rules

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I did pick up the reiterpallasch and I’ve been pretty much just leveling dex. I’ll have to play around with it some.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

the false blade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvdpZmIGtw

anyway the best weapon is the pizza cutter and theres no debate

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Love to lose the 14k souls I was saving for the crest cause a drake clipped through the terrain but could still breath me

Fucking garbage

icGJy2C.png
    Love to lose the 14k souls I was saving for the crest cause a drake clipped through the terrain but could still breath me

Fucking garbage

git gud scrb

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

the false blade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvdpZmIGtw

Yeah but that's DLC and wasn't in the game when I played it

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Sekiro not having a moonlight sword in it has me not knowing what to believe in the world anymore

Even Armored Core had the moonlight sword!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    How else might a fellow subdue the beastly scourge if not by strappings upon the leg, a dapper hat and genteel cane?

With a giant buzzsaw pizza cutter

Mx. Quill on
    Ludwig’s Holy Blade is cooler to me in just about every way, though the Moonlight Greatsword is also extremely cool

04xkcuvaav19.png
    Sekiro not having a moonlight sword in it has me not knowing what to believe in the world anymore

Even Armored Core had the moonlight sword!

Fucking Ninja Blade had a moonlight greatsword

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I started my first attempt at bloodborne with the cane but I thought it sucked and had way more fun with the saw cleaver

anyway kirkhammer is my favorite now

Saw cleaver is the “best” weapon in the game, but the axe is better as a starter IMO. That charged spin is bonkers good

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Axe spin is indeed bonkers but I think it can be a crutch and keep people from learning how to do anything other than spin

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1