As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You must pay $60 to read the same arguments in the [Nintendo] thread

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    That looks great.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The trick to enjoying Dynasty Warriors is never playing more than like 1 in 5 DW games.

Or any of them from before mid-mission checkpoints were added.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Impa looks fun to play there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Man, they made Regali look kinda cool. That's not what I want!

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Man, I did not realize just how much I prefer the Japanese voice actors.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Man, I did not realize just how much I prefer the Japanese voice actors.

really? I'm the exact opposite, the japanese VAs felt completely off to me

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    the English VA felt like a mid-90s Studio Ghibli dub in the exact way I wanted

6F32U1X.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Now I am still not convinced they are actually going to be releasing a switch upgrade or switch 2 next year, but in the case that they do

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Did they say anything about the roster for HW Calamity?

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Today I decided to treat myself and buy the following for the Switch:

-- Garou: Mark of the Wolves
    -- The Last Blade 2
    -- The King of Fighters '98
    -- Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection
    -- Final Fantasy VIII

Pretty happy to play as my favorite 2D fighting game character, Squall Leonhart.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I maintain that it was a mistake to call the Wii U, the "Wii U" -- and they should have called it the Super Wii, harkening back to the Super Nintendo.

Super Switch would totally work.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I maintain that it was a mistake to call the Wii U, the "Wii U" -- and they should have called it the Super Wii, harkening back to the Super Nintendo.

The lesson they took from Wiiu was just adding the word new to things so dont get your hopes up

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Did they say anything about the roster for HW Calamity?

All we got, I think, is that Impa is in the game. She uses a very Ninja-inspired moveset, creating clones of herself like that bonus boss in the DLC for BOTW.

I'd imagine all 3 old Sheikah are playable but Impa is a fan favorite

Still not sure how Zelda will play. It turns out that the Sheikah Slate runes are available to everyone, similar to the item weapons in the first game.

Enlong wrote: »
    Still not sure how Zelda will play. It turns out that the Sheikah Slate runes are available to everyone, similar to the item weapons in the first game.

Well this Zelda doesnt have magic at this point so maybe she uses tech?

A theory is that she’ll command that tiny egg-looking guardian in battle.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    We are always six months away from a switch pro

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

On, like, a conceptual level the Wii U kind of worked: like they said in the original reveal, the Wii focused on family games but this one's for U too.

It's just also a super dumb name and unnecessarily confusing when you consider that A)all the marketing focused on the controller and not the console itself and B)previous Wii accessories followed a "Wii [Thing]" formula
    For what it's worth it's probably less confusing than the New Nintendo 3DS, but that's a low bar to clear.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

On, like, a conceptual level the Wii U kind of worked: like they said in the original reveal, the Wii focused on family games but this one's for U too.

It's just also a super dumb name and unnecessarily confusing when you consider that A)all the marketing focused on the controller and not the console itself and B)previous Wii accessories followed a "Wii [Thing]" formula
    For what it's worth it's probably less confusing than the New Nintendo 3DS, but that's a low bar to clear.

I do not agree. Even though using "new" in the product name can lead to some confusing sounding conversations, it makes it clear that it is a revision of the 3DS. There was confusion among people that watched the Wii U E3 presentation whether it was an addon or whole new console.

edited September 2020
    Peewi wrote: »
    Neveron wrote: »

I do not agree. Even though using "new" in the product name can lead to some confusing sounding conversations, it makes it clear that it is a revision of the 3DS. There was confusion among people that watched the Wii U E3 presentation whether it was an addon or whole new console.

It didnt help that 4 million companies shit out me too wiiu tablet rip offs like 15 minutes after the reveal

King Riptor on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    It will be named New Super Switch Ultimate Advance, and you will like it.

The Swutch

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    They should call it Switch Advance, mostly because then they'll have to add all the GBA games that I crave

ZD98Zka.png
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    HD remake of Gameboy Crash Test Dummies game, please.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Call it the Swiitch

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    With the 3DS you also have to factor in the 2DS, which led to a lot of confusion as to whether it could play 3DS games.

HD remake of Gameboy Crash Test Dummies game, please.
    Instructions misread; made an HD remake of CID The Dummy instead.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    With the 3DS you also have to factor in the 2DS, which led to a lot of confusion as to whether it could play 3DS games.

The worst part is that Nintendo knew this would be an issue. There was literally an explanation on the front of the box.

edited September 2020
    The Galarian Star Tournament?

If that's anything like the PWT from Black2/White2, it might actually get me to get the game.

edit:

Hrm, so it's doubles-specific and specific to SWSH characters. Not the worst, but I do wish that it included other games' trainers.

For some reason, Legendary collection isn't the most interesting thing for me in these games; I was more hoping to see what other pokemon are returning in Crown Tundra.

Enlong on
    Im glad I waited. Ill pick up the sword with all DLC now

Oh yeah, there's that too. If I get Sword, now, then I'll get that version of it.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Is that for a new show or something?

Is... Is ash no longer gonna be 10?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Its just a music video

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    They should call it Switch Advance, mostly because then they'll have to add all the GBA games that I crave

This makes more sense than Super Switch.

SNES was a completely different console from NES, where GBA still played original GB games. So a Switch Advance indicates it’s a better version of the prior system, while still indicating it’s in the same console family.

This discussion has been closed.