As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Yup. So long as there was no stoppage of play and the puck stayed in the zone the entire time.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Stamkos is back!!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    And Stammer gets 1 already. (Plus Kuch earlier)

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Yup. Scored on his first shot since getting injured back in Feb

• Options
    edited September 2020
    And we play like shit on the power play and give up a short handed. Yay us!

edit: I love when the Lightning are playing like this. Yes I enjoy the goals, but the way they are playing. Their working hard, their skating hard, their not giving up, their just playing like their having a great time.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Penguins trade hornqvist for Mike Matheson.

Just loading up on those bad terrible no good defense contracts.

Johnson and Matheson combined for $8.125million for the next 3 years, then down to 4.875 for three more after that.

Stunning, really. How did this team ever win back to back cups under Rutherford?

They fucking added salary on their salary dump trade! What the fucking fuck!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It’s funny because recently LeBrun has said he’s heard from GMs that they anticipate money will be hard to move with the flat cap. Just call the Penguins, apparently.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Penguins trade hornqvist for Mike Matheson.

Just loading up on those bad terrible no good defense contracts.

Johnson and Matheson combined for $8.125million for the next 3 years, then down to 4.875 for three more after that.

Stunning, really. How did this team ever win back to back cups under Rutherford?

They fucking added salary on their salary dump trade! What the fucking fuck!

GMJR is trying to get a job with the Leafs

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Can someone from Seattle comment on how often games get blacked out in the area if you are watching on NHL's thing?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    All playoff games are blacked out.

Seattle games will also be blacked out once they start.

Other than that? I miss about 10-20 penguins games in a normal full season due to the penguins being one of the larger audience drawing teams and nbc showing more of their games nationally.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Jayricho wrote: »
    It’s funny because recently LeBrun has said he’s heard from GMs that they anticipate money will be hard to move with the flat cap. Just call the Penguins, apparently.

Also, according to rumors from twitter, the penguins were not planning on being a cap limit team this season! They were supposedly gearing up for their rebuild and did not want to be a max salary team!

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular

Other than that? I miss about 10-20 penguins games in a normal full season due to the penguins being one of the larger audience drawing teams and nbc showing more of their games nationally.

Yeah, i had and then nearly immediately cancelled NHL.tv a few years ago b/c EVERY goddamn lightning game was blacked out (since I live in the tampa area), including playoffs, you know, the reason I bought it. It's worthless as a result, IMO. If i could afford to go to ever game I would, but since i can't I was hoping to legally and easily stream it in home (no cable). Instead they force me to find other sources and get no money from me...

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    This is a question that I have never been clear on: aren't there almost always local broadcasts of games that are blacked out in local markets?

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    This is a question that I have never been clear on: aren't there almost always local broadcasts of games that are blacked out in local markets?

I personally don't have access to local broadcasts right now, which seems to have been bullheads issue as well.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

Yeah, i had and then nearly immediately cancelled NHL.tv a few years ago b/c EVERY goddamn lightning game was blacked out (since I live in the tampa area), including playoffs, you know, the reason I bought it. It's worthless as a result, IMO. If i could afford to go to ever game I would, but since i can't I was hoping to legally and easily stream it in home (no cable). Instead they force me to find other sources and get no money from me...

As a fellow Tampa person, all the Lightning games have been on TV for quite a long time. Their aired on the regional FSN channel. Just as a FYI. Unfortunately I don’t think you can get this without channel. Though they say they also stream on the FOX app, or the FOX sports app. Not sure there.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Ya I use NHL.tv for non-national broadcast games, but I also haven't lived in Florida for a decade so the only Lightning games that get blacked out for me are either national broadcast games or if they're playing the local NHL teams.

It really seems to be a product for those of us that don't live in our team's market.

• Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

As a fellow Tampa person, all the Lightning games have been on TV for quite a long time. Their aired on the regional FSN channel. Just as a FYI. Unfortunately I don’t think you can get this without channel. Though they say they also stream on the FOX app, or the FOX sports app. Not sure there.

Yeah when I had cable I never needed NHL.TV between sun sports and NBC, but without cable (internet only) I can't get shit. NHL.TV is trash for a local market user, and amazing otherwise.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Yeah when I had cable I never needed NHL.TV between sun sports and NBC, but without cable (internet only) I can't get shit. NHL.TV is trash for a local market user, and amazing otherwise.

Seems like a good reason to get hose nosebleed seats cheap!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    It does upload a lot of the black out games, almost immediately after the game ends, which is nice. Not sure about the playoff games, but the regular season ones, I generally can't watch live anyways since I'm West Coast and work 12 hour shifts. But normally by the time I get home the blackout game is available, except as I complained earlier this season, for the espm+ games which didn't go on the service at all, last I checked.

• Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don’t want to hear about the bad call on Benn that gave us the PP. The bad call on Point should have given us a PP to start the OT anyway.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Ya. The arguments I'm seeing on the hockey subreddit saying that the refs handed Tampa that game feel kinda hollow when like 2 of Dallas's goals came right after missed high stick calls.

• Options
    Yeah that was some shit officiating. Like had they called point on that debatable trip/boarding i'm not mad. But fuck that point embellishment call was just offensive.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was not a bad penalty on Benn, he deserved to go in the box.

• Options
    Ya. Calling embellishment on a guy that was about to be on the breakaway but got hit in the balls by Perry was some shit.

Also looking at that last Benn penalty. It's 100% tripping. The announcers on NBC who were complaining about it and focusing on where Benn's feet were had no idea what they were talking about. Benn gets his stick in between the legs and uses the stick's leverage to pull Johnson's leg up and throw him off balance.

The refs in this series in general have been real inconsistent and shit.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    As someone who didn’t see the game or the play, Benn has been getting away with shit the whole playoffs so it’s about time he gets called for something whether it’s legit or not.

• Options
    Still sitting here a day later thinking about how falling down cause your balls got hooked is embellishment.

• Options
    Would you want to fall down on the ice, stomach first, with a hockey stick in your groin, pointed up? I know there is padding, but that couldn’t have felt great? Or maybe it didn’t feel anything at all.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    embellishment is one of the stupidest rules in hockey

my favorite is when they call embellishment and they also give the other guy a penalty for what he did

there definitely needs to be a rule against embellishment but in practice this one is bad

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Now this is some playoff hockey so far this period.

Go Stars

• Options
    Let’s Go Lightning!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    akbbq49mwugq.png

Most playoff goals for American born player, grats Pavs

Bigity on
  • Options
    Somebody needs to tell the Lightning that it's not a requirement for playoff games to go into OT

• Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Somebody needs to tell the Lightning that it's not a requirement for playoff games to go into OT

Nooo, every playoff game should go into OT.

• Options
    If it's for a team I don't root for sure

Tampa needing to go into OT what feels like every other game has aged my heart a good 5 years these past 2 months

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »
    H0b0man wrote: »

Nooo, every playoff game should go into OT.

I've been rewatching letterkenny and it's funny how a lot of the hockey talk makes more sense to me now. A couple of characters are making a bunch of sex jokes, and one of them says something about quadruple overtime, and the other guy says "nice, playoff rules", and I get the joke now.

• Options
    my heart

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ugh bad icing call there

• Options
    This is kind of funny how obviously the refs are swallowing their whistle. So many clear penalties from both teams and the refs don't give a shit.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The Lightning dominated OT, but without a goal it doesn't matter and is driving me crazy.

This discussion has been closed.