As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the thread where we post moods

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    This is a mood because I am a dumbass and it is 2020 and I constant feel like I've fucked up big time

If you need me to explain this more please see my 74,500 word essay in which I wi

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Oh you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, Juggs

You build meaderies which bring so many wannabe Vikings joy

• Options
    God those guys are the worst I never shoulda done that

• Options
    For real? That's a bummer. At least you got a good bench out of the deal.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    God those guys are the worst I never shoulda done that

Don't worry we're not all total shit, but there's certainly enough shit out there I don't really argue the generalization.

• Options
    Real talk a guy showed up to an open house and he would take his mead and pour it into a drinking horn that he brought with him and its like oh buddy

We're in a gravel parking lot next to a Colombian pizza joint this is not as thematic as you might think

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What's wrong with mead?

• Options
    That place had an absolute bangin crushed plantain dish with like, chorizo and pork belly got damn

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Real talk a guy showed up to an open house and he would take his mead and pour it into a drinking horn that he brought with him and its like oh buddy

We're in a gravel parking lot next to a Colombian pizza joint this is not as thematic as you might think

I mean I also own a drinking horn, I really only break it out for feasting and revelry though. When i can properly fill it with almost a full bottle of mead.

• Options
    I am absolutely being a judgemental prick I apologize

• Options
    Nah like I said being one of these folks I tooootaly get it. It's definitely one of my interests where I have to be very wary of others that share that interest.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    When Guts Theme kicks in 1:05
    https://youtu.be/IqCh3OkTRDY

Something about big men crying just gets me right there.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

s5r0539pb3ap.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

Ah, the Mayor of Knoxville, Tennessee

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Last night I went to bed at 11 and couldn't sleep. I got up at midnight and drank some water and chilled in the living room to reset then went back to bed.

Couldn't sleep, got up again at 1:30, rinse repeat. Finally fell asleep at 3:30 and woke up every 10 minutes until I had to get up with my 2 year old at 6am.

I'm that level of sleep deprived where all my muscles are filled with lactic acid and my eyes are super itchy and dry and I feel like I got super drunk last night.

But then I had a couple hour stretch where I could take a nap so I got all comfy I'm bed and suddenly my brain is like let's PARTY. Here's the first half of the chorus of a song you dont like 1,200 times in a row and also I'm gonna need you to imagine an argument with this bigot.

Like I've been an insomniac my whole life but nothing like this in a LONG time.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

it is a very disturbing hard-on, i agree

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Last night I went to bed at 11 and couldn't sleep. I got up at midnight and drank some water and chilled in the living room to reset then went back to bed.

Couldn't sleep, got up again at 1:30, rinse repeat. Finally fell asleep at 3:30 and woke up every 10 minutes until I had to get up with my 2 year old at 6am.

I'm that level of sleep deprived where all my muscles are filled with lactic acid and my eyes are super itchy and dry and I feel like I got super drunk last night.

But then I had a couple hour stretch where I could take a nap so I got all comfy I'm bed and suddenly my brain is like let's PARTY. Here's the first half of the chorus of a song you dont like 1,200 times in a row and also I'm gonna need you to imagine an argument with this bigot.

Like I've been an insomniac my whole life but nothing like this in a LONG time.

I'm sorry man, that legit sucks. I hope you can get some rest.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbSehcT19u0

Replace 'light bulb' with 'Kali Linux'.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    man, Star World! That's a name I haven't seen in a while

were they an english language indian channel, I think? Back in the pre netflix days they were always on the cabel networks basic package and a good way to get exclusive US shows, if you didnt mind the lack of subtitles

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I think I used to watch Third rock from the Sun and Simpsons on that channel, good times man

Unrelated:
    but my hope will never die 1:01
    https://youtu.be/p_tilYlhSj4

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    me watching she ra this week

gh7jjekyibo51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e0a4d723d3ec04254f8bfed010683fbf3085cfaa

poo
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Did a tarot reading with my grandmother’s deck. It was okay.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Man I don't know what to say but the coco and hachama incident might be the straw which broke my back in the year of 2020
    It will probably take me a while to crawl out of this one

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    so here's something

I want to get my own Ex Libris bookplate kinda thing designed, right? so I can stamp my books with it

yes I know that's kinda weird, but I'm kind of a weird person

I found an artist I adore and whose style is exactly what I want to have

but looking at some old bookplates for inspiration, I realize that, this little symbol? it's kinda supposed to be my logo

like you know that shitty thing about your "personal brand"? well what if you actually developed that into a full design that is supposed to somehow be reflective of who you are

and, gang? that took me on a whole trip down the dark pathways of the soul

because looking at all these intricate, ornate, gaudy, bombastic and stylized bookplates from past times; seeing what they contained and what they signified for whomever picked up that tome, that codex; and then trying to come up with something that I feel like is A Succinct And Genuine On Who Indie Winter Is,

has me at a loss

I don't know... what I would like to convey to others, I guess. I always just wanted to be liked? but this whole bookplate thing is fundamentally a deeply self-centered endeavor; "behold, you now have in your hands an incunabulum from the trove of...". But if I'm just honest, with myself, what do I want people to think about me? like, a concrete statement of intent or meaning? I have no dang idea, and it has thrown me for a loop

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    dickbutt

but like, fancy

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I rolled over weird and hurt my elbow last night

Guess I'm getting old

Seriously though I can barely move my right arm today and it hurts down into my pinky and ring fingers. No fun.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Edit: wrong thread

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    But if I'm just honest, with myself, what do I want people to think about me? like, a concrete statement of intent or meaning? I have no dang idea, and it has thrown me for a loop

I think my personal brand is "curmudgeonly hermit".

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Oh, man, I know exactly what I would do for my bookplate.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Oh, man, I know exactly what I would do for my bookplate.

tell us!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Extremely stylized Monkey King doing something mundane, eating a peach and reading a very ornately decorated scroll with a look of excited bewilderment on his face, probably relaxing on a cloud.

If I could hire a really talented graphic designer I would have them dick around with my using Western name and legal Chinese name as the frame.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I don't know what other thread to put this in but please take a few minutes to read this Douglas Adams article from 1992 called Riding the Rays. If nothing else it will put you in a mood to read more Douglas Adams.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    so here's something

I want to get my own Ex Libris bookplate kinda thing designed, right? so I can stamp my books with it

yes I know that's kinda weird, but I'm kind of a weird person

I found an artist I adore and whose style is exactly what I want to have

but looking at some old bookplates for inspiration, I realize that, this little symbol? it's kinda supposed to be my logo

like you know that shitty thing about your "personal brand"? well what if you actually developed that into a full design that is supposed to somehow be reflective of who you are

and, gang? that took me on a whole trip down the dark pathways of the soul

because looking at all these intricate, ornate, gaudy, bombastic and stylized bookplates from past times; seeing what they contained and what they signified for whomever picked up that tome, that codex; and then trying to come up with something that I feel like is A Succinct And Genuine On Who Indie Winter Is,

has me at a loss

I don't know... what I would like to convey to others, I guess. I always just wanted to be liked? but this whole bookplate thing is fundamentally a deeply self-centered endeavor; "behold, you now have in your hands an incunabulum from the trove of...". But if I'm just honest, with myself, what do I want people to think about me? like, a concrete statement of intent or meaning? I have no dang idea, and it has thrown me for a loop
    post/av synergy?

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.