As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who is the best HololiveEN member? Find out in the Vtuber thread!

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    kinda bummed the collab only went for an hour, i feel like it was just getting started when they called it

i don't want them to do like 12-hour marathons or anything, but hopefully they can at least push it to a couple hours in the future

Gura said on her Twitter that she'll be doing longer streams next week, so maybe one or more of them isn't feeling 100%. Hopefully none of them wipeout from how extreme this must be feeling right now.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    oh yeah for sure, i'm not mad or anything. i can't even imagine the logistical nightmare they're going through trying to get this all working (i feel like two of them at most are in the US)

that's a purely selfish and reality-disconnected desire on my part

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Mori Calliope
    Their previous couple of collabs were definitely longer than this one.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    either way, the density of quotable content from this one was high enough that i don't think anyone can reasonably have any complaints

(also, we learned that even though Ina is pretty pure, she's also extremely vicious)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

coco and hachama suspended 3 weeks

fucking love to see talent get thrown under the bus because because corps are terrified of China

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    ph blake wrote: »

coco and hachama suspended 3 weeks

fucking love to see talent get thrown under the bus because because corps are terrified of China
    cover is in the unfortunate spot of having to protect both coco and haachama and their chinese branch

this is some fucking bullshit, though, for something as ridiculous as a screenshot of a analytics page

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Takanashi Kiara
    Oh no another place in the world was named! The Chinese government is such a collective of pissbaby adults who wee wee themselves over the dumbest shit. I really wish corporations would tell China to fuck right off with this sort of stuff. But corporations are so afraid of China bootlegging businesses so they'd rather cave to the ridiculous demands, even though the bootlegging continues anyway.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Mori Calliope
    Apparently the Chinese hard-liners in the comments are calling for Cover to either fire Coco or get out of China completely. It's absolutely psychotic.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Ninomae Ina'nis
    Trying to accommodate China is a mistake. It's always a mistake.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    figured it was only a matter of time before something bad happened but I was not expecting a minor international incident.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    as an american this is absolutely me throwing a stone in a glass house, and I super don't want to add to the ever-growing waves of sinophobia out there, but an international incident with china is basically inevitable when you have any sort of online presence these days

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Registering on Bilibili means going though China's real name authentication and part of that process is sending a photo of you holding a picture ID so if China wants to they can dox all of Hololive and then there is their CN streamers who can be thrown in jail for made up reasons or have their families taken hostage. The whole situation sucks and fuck China for causing it in the first place but suspending them and hoping it blows over is probably the safe move.

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Registering on Bilibili means going though China's real name authentication and part of that process is sending a photo of you holding a picture ID so if China wants to they can dox all of Hololive and then there is their CN streamers who can be thrown in jail for made up reasons or have their families taken hostage. The whole situation sucks and fuck China for causing it in the first place but suspending them and hoping it blows over is probably the safe move.

Good thing bowing to pressure and not protecting their talent worked so well the last time they tried it, huh? I'm not mad at you, I'm furious at Cover. Imagine throwing away all the money they put into building the Aloe brand and learning NOTHING. This response is terrible because it basically admits fault. Never do that, especially when there is NO fault. Once you admit fault, the "correct" punishment is on the table. And the kind of extremists we're talking about here, "detonate your entire company and deliver us the heads of the offending people" sounds about right.

Now when Coco comes back, the scum will probably want a spoken apology. Coco, to me, seems like a pretty proud person, who might just retire out of spite if this gets pushed too far.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Takanashi Kiara
    All we can hope for is Cover pulling out of China, both via Hololive China and the Bilibili accounts. Fuck that shit, it's so not worth it.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    call me a pessimist but I think the almighty dollar will sway them more than a stand against totalitarian injustice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Damn that is bullshit.

Did she say anything more than just mentioning taiwan is a place that exists?

It was weird seeing like 1k downvotes within the first few minutes of her reddit meme review.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Gawr Gura
    Here is a mirror that got made before YouTube made Coco edit it out.

https://youtu.be/18ZcbX9rjpg

Relevant bit starts at around the 4 minute mark.

steam_sig.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    I reckon that part of is that as a country's footprint on the internet gets bigger, the nationalists of that country have a bigger footprint. We're used to shit like gamergate and the alt-right from America, but nationalists from other countries weaponizing their ability to report and harass in large numbers is still, in the picture of the internet, a relatively recent experience

liEt3nH.png
    Mori Calliope
    bs9kzi0hzh4k.png

gosh darn Google Translate auto captions

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Ninomae Ina'nis
    65qaqepz1pp51.png

Takanashi Kiara
    Aqua just uploaded this like 15 minutes ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rddmVGgem2Q

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Ame had technical problems that switched her stream plans from more Limbo to unranked Apex. Then she quickly decided that wasn't working and just switched to chat until Kiara was ready to start.

Then Kiara had technical problems and for some reason, Kiara streamed the blank standby screen without her avatar while Ame tried to give her on the fly tech support. Cover is really just throwing their talent into the ocean and being like "stream to 200,000 people go!"

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Ame had technical problems that switched her stream plans from more Limbo to unranked Apex. Then she quickly decided that wasn't working and just switched to chat until Kiara was ready to start.

Then Kiara had technical problems and for some reason, Kiara streamed the blank standby screen without her avatar while Ame tried to give her on the fly tech support. Cover is really just throwing their talent into the ocean and being like "stream to 200,000 people go!"

They might not have expected them to blow up this much?

But yeah... It has been rough and the poor women need more corp support.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    https://youtu.be/AKGMwlgcKXs

It really is like this

Gawr Gura
    The sub group "Hololive Moments" put out an anti-Coco, pro CCP public post and privated their previous videos. So uh... time to unsub that group if you happened to follow them.

Takanashi Kiara
    The sub group "Hololive Moments" put out an anti-Coco, pro CCP public post and privated their previous videos. So uh... time to unsub that group if you happened to follow them.
    Holy shit. It's a VERY long post but I'll quote just the start of it:
    Dear viewers, we will stop updating and private all our videos.

We are not pleased with Cover’s announcement regarding the punishment for Coco and Haato on Monday. The punishment is unfair which is too heavy for Haato and too light for Coco. Cover didn’t understand the influence Coco created and showed no professionalism in solving related problems.

We are very upset and confused by Coco’s reaction to her violation of the streaming agreement. Her violation created several bad effects:

1. Hololive’s proxy-streams are forced to stop.
    2. Many Hololive talents’ income got impacted significantly.
    3. It jeopardized Hololive’s business relationship with Bilibili, which caused a huge financial loss for both Bilibili and Cover. This may influence all future business collabs.
    4. Thousands of content creators were disappointed and chose to leave the community.
    None of that shit (and the long, long pro-Chinese-government stuff that follows) makes any sense nor has happened. It even claims later on that the Bilibili users have been "discriminated" against. What a psychotic rant.

I scrolled to the comments and it's full of people disagreeing with, unsubscribing from, and trashing Hololive Moments, thankfully. I had no idea the channel was run by pro-fascists.

edited September 2020
    Takanashi Kiara
    On the bright side, reddit is filling with memes about this and uplifting other subtitle groups.

Also I did a refresh and their subscriber count is indeed dropping, so good.

Edit - Lemme see if this works:

hukvtiw7xup51.jpg

Henroid on
    Gawr Gura
    Despite technical difficulties Kiara hit 250k subs right before she started her Minecraft stream. Before the suspension Haachama was going to push for 600k subs before the month ends and is at 598k so fans are spreading the word and push her over.

steam_sig.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

unlike korone, pekora is NOT a tokyoU graduate

Gawr Gura
    55tufziakq3z.jpg

Gawr Gura
    pekora encounters noel in minecraft, flexes her english skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ze_jQmZQo

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Watson Amelia
    Subscribed to Coco and Haato because fuck that.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.