As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comics? On the Web? It's more likely than you think! [Webcomics]

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's been a while, but Blastwave has updated again.

That's like, twice this year.
    gjx57masapq6.jpg
    http://www.blastwave-comic.com/index.php?p=comic&nro=89

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So we're agreed Willis is actually trying to show his characters change over a long period of time?

It's been three months.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Solomon David tries to fight but is punched into the dust. He returns halfway through next chapter with ash-covered skin and dual-chainblades and a perpetual hate boner for this god of war,

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    While there have been some pretty serious big bang attacks in the comic so far Jagganoth appears to be operating in the "casual megaton explosion" range

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    haha, from Gone With The Blastwave's author's twitter (https://twitter.com/Morr/status/1309528588232863746?s=20)
    EixhRquXsAEwtNd?format=jpg&name=900x900

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    The color of the back alley behind a pub.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Kinda miss Cio being a weird old gremlin lady.

Kinda miss Cio continuing to survive.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    If GwtB decides that it's out of ideas for post-apocalyptic soldier humor and just pivots to fantasy guards humor, I'd be fine with that.

• Options
    I also appreciate Jagganoths extreme power physique, that is not an omnicidal giant who does crunches that is an omnicidal giant who kills people for exercise

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I’d like to see more superhero comic characters with physiques like Jagganoth. Though it’s probably harder to consistently draw Dadmuscle than the super defined dehydrated fifty abs body you usually see.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think it's like, people drew off reference of bodybuilders for men and models for women for comics and pulp illustrations a lot in the old days, that became the go-to look that the following generations of artists emulated, and other body shapes were ignored because it would take more practice learning to draw several body types and there wasn't thought to be any benefit to drawing more diverse body types when a speed and efficiency were more important and the singular types had the most broad sex appeal, especially in comics. Current generations of artists are more often pushing themselves into practicing from reference of more diverse natural body types because people have thought and spoken more about the advantages of having a range of depictions, and it's starting to percolate out to the final product art you end up seeing in the wild.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    While there have been some pretty serious big bang attacks in the comic so far Jagganoth appears to be operating in the "casual megaton explosion" range

Even more terrifying is that this is just his greeting

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Sleepless Domain
    Wow, I can't believe HP is finally admitting to being Goops all along!

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

Ava's Demon, in which Odin tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Further thoughts on appearances, Solomon is a flawless statue whose physical perfection is reflected in his demands as emperor, a glancing blow means his abdication. Jagganoth is a brutal slab mapped by scar tissue, ruthless heedless pragmatic violence with no notion of pride

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Solomon Dave's face on that page is -perfect.-

I can't wait to see what happens.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I think it's like, people drew off reference of bodybuilders for men and models for women for comics and pulp illustrations a lot in the old days, that became the go-to look that the following generations of artists emulated, and other body shapes were ignored because it would take more practice learning to draw several body types and there wasn't thought to be any benefit to drawing more diverse body types when a speed and efficiency were more important and the singular types had the most broad sex appeal, especially in comics. Current generations of artists are more often pushing themselves into practicing from reference of more diverse natural body types because people have thought and spoken more about the advantages of having a range of depictions, and it's starting to percolate out to the final product art you end up seeing in the wild.
    yeah at some point the style pigeon holes itself, because everybody has to be muscular with 1% body fat and like 7 feet tall, and then supporting characters get bigger by proxy

wjpfu0pcdr68.jpg

ubvjl3p7d4pg.jpg

427ksga97djj.jpg

like what does it do for Chuck's character that he's built like a heavyweight MMA fighter

the dude is not really known for getting into fist fights with people

Brolo on
  • Options
    Professor X's boxing is pretty weak but jesus christ dont let him grab ahold of you

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Professor X's boxing is pretty weak but jesus christ dont let him grab ahold of you

Dude's Greco-Roman skills are fucking insane

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    It is hard to imagine anywhere Mark Trail could go that would top this strip
    i200208marktrail.jpg

Oh my god

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I want to frame that incredible strip and put it on my wall.

Juggernut on
  • Options
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Oglaf updated with the orpheus LP

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I am intrigued by Oglaf's adaptation of Hadestown and would love to see it on broadway.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Now that it ended, I binged my way through to the end of A Better Place.

I ... don't know how I feel about it yet. I may need some time to think on it. There was a lot to take in at the end there.
    I'm curious how this sets up The Demon's Mirror. Like, where do demons and angels come from this scenario? Is that Coin Ward what ends up being the demon's mirror of the title?

And what happened in the change I heard about? I heard that some of the earlier pages got John Egberted. Was that mostly the blue light in the early pages?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Now that it ended, I binged my way through to the end of A Better Place.

I ... don't know how I feel about it yet. I may need some time to think on it. There was a lot to take in at the end there.
    I'm curious how this sets up The Demon's Mirror. Like, where do demons and angels come from this scenario? Is that Coin Ward what ends up being the demon's mirror of the title?

And what happened in the change I heard about? I heard that some of the earlier pages got John Egberted. Was that mostly the blue light in the early pages?
    No, at one point Hannah fucked up so much that she made the whole planet explode, so she reached back in time to stop herself.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    So it’s true, all webcomics on a long enough time scale have demons in them.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Re: connection between A Better Place and Demon's Mirror - I wouldn't worry about it, looks like an afterthought with no consequence.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Wasn't Demon's Mirror just a retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's Snow Queen? I don't see how that could have a prequel since the original story didn't have a prequel.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Wasn't Demon's Mirror just a retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's Snow Queen? I don't see how that could have a prequel since the original story didn't have a prequel.

Prequel to the world space.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    jjgamlskh105.png

really I will pay up to $10 to see the historical pegging movie

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Librarians in the jobs thread will probably love this qc

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

Speak of the Devil, in which things. . . don't add up!

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Librarians in the jobs thread will probably love this qc

I feel kinda called out by that QC and I'm not sure how to feel about it, if I'm being honest.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.