As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Among Us] One marination, under sus.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »

2 is fixable by game options

It's not. Even with visual tasks disabled, the med bay still displays who is scanning if you also have the task. It's not as powerful as the visual but it still allows people to confirm each other.

Yeah, if two people have the same task, the second person can verify the first person because they get notified that "First Person is doing a scan now" or whatever, I've never actually done it. You can actually then cancel the scan and switch places to confirm both.

I've never had a group actually successfully do that, but it is something I've heard in a stream once or twice.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    You can turn off common tasks right?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Exactly. The main reason it's a house rule is because it's clearly a side effect of disabling visual tasks..the option to disable visual tasks clearly is intended to make 100% verification of innocence impossible, and the fact that the medbay has a way around that is unintended.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Anyone wanna get a room going? I think we only have two peeps in the discord

If not now I'll be around

Local H Jay on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    You can turn off common tasks right?

Yes, but the Medbay isn't a common task.

Good games tonight

Baske is a natural imposter

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I will learn. That was my first game as Imposter and I was not mentally prepared to make up a story because the attack I made was forced anyway.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I kinda wish you could choose not to be an imposter. I much prefer being a crewmember.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I know this isn't directly related to the game, but I find it interesting that Among Us has been making such waves that I see LFG posts for it other games channels.

Xbox Live LFG for Destiny 2 has had an Imposter invasion with people asking for Among Us groups, which seems like a weird route to get to games, but I wonder how those people are utilizing the xbox party system rather than a Discord setup for console folks. And it's not a one-time thing - there have been multiple posts a night this week with people actually joining them.

I've never really seen a game get big enough to appear in unrelated products LFGs, so good on you Among Us.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I know this isn't directly related to the game, but I find it interesting that Among Us has been making such waves that I see LFG posts for it other games channels.

Xbox Live LFG for Destiny 2 has had an Imposter invasion with people asking for Among Us groups, which seems like a weird route to get to games, but I wonder how those people are utilizing the xbox party system rather than a Discord setup for console folks. And it's not a one-time thing - there have been multiple posts a night this week with people actually joining them.

I've never really seen a game get big enough to appear in unrelated products LFGs, so good on you Among Us.
    Mafia games always pop up in subforums; PbP games of all types seem to be popular, but the Mafia/Werewolf subgenere seems to be everywhere. Like, there's a whole metatournament at Mafia Universe where they go around to the forums and formats all across the web and recruit folk to play.

Among Us hit the jackpot with accessibility, a distinct art style, and being fun to watch. Super excited to see it grow.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Now that they are canceling Among Us 2 (good call), I'd imagine we will see more maps, mechanics, and ports to consoles. Maybe...

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Hopefully that includes being able to change maps and imposter #s without making a new lobby

OMG, the crazy bastards played the game without colors or names. It was insane as it sounded.
    (caution: NSFW and loud)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mg_galcbA4

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    We are playing tonight, have 9.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Great games tonight! I went from 2 lifetime Impostor wins to like 7 :twisted:

Another good night of games, although the best moment may have been me (new to discord) @ing everyone
    gngxeju5x6s8.png
    twn5wzhtg3nn.png

o5iggdw09oax.png

Everyone: *enjoying playing other games*

Me: *hits the @ everyone like a sick dab*

Everyone:
    4n647olc3ulf.jpg

I didn't notice the knitting line :D:D

Steam profile
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    We were just sitting there hoping for more than 2 responses.

I look away causing playing something else to pass the time and suddenly it’s like the reunion tour in this chat.

We got a full room almost all night though. Can’t question the methods after that.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    So I just bought this and am very much down to play it sometime soon if you folks need more players.

Hop in the discord, and then @ everyone

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Don't do this lol, Kool Eagle will ban.

Don't do this lol, Kool Eagle will ban.

I have at least two pieces of recent evidence that shows this to be untrue! I think it requires more testing.

Steam profile
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I was so mad when I got that ping

Mad about being invited to play Among Us? Sus.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

we're ... we're not in a game right now

jdarksun wrote: »
    we're ... we're not in a game right now
    hqdefault.jpg

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Can Impostors use cameras?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Can Impostors use cameras?

Yes they can. They can check any non-task systems, as well as fix the emergencies that they create.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    We have a group forming on the discord if any takers

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Hilarious games tonight everyone, thanks!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This weekend I'll definitely want to give this a try, provided I don't get drained over the course of the week at work. Apologies in advance for being a bad player; I've seen some of this game and I've watched plenty of Mafia, but I've never felt confident enough I'd really... get it playing directly.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Its interesting, because there is the Mafia strategic level game, theory thinking. Complementing that is this tactical layer of, 'oh, if I kill this guy here, will the other guys walk down here before I can hide' or from the villager side, 'do I really want to be alone in this room with Henroid right now? Will he stab me?'

It is very, very fun.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    it also has an interesting element where dying isn't really something you care about as a crewmate as long as it can be in service of discovering the imposter. I'll frequently use myself as bait for an imposter in scenarios where I know me turning up dead will guarantee who it was.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    it also has an interesting element where dying isn't really something you care about as a crewmate as long as it can be in service of discovering the imposter. I'll frequently use myself as bait for an imposter in scenarios where I know me turning up dead will guarantee who it was.

To be fair that can be a valid strategy in regular mafia too.

Steam profile
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Played yesterday with friends and a few Rando's. People leaving because they aren't the imposter is apparently really a thing :(
    We had 1 or 2 leave regularly during our games.
    My main talent in among us is dieing first. It happens so many times it became a running gag with the imposters going out of their way to get me first.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
    Played yesterday with friends and a few Rando's. People leaving because they aren't the imposter is apparently really a thing :(
    We had 1 or 2 leave regularly during our games.
    My main talent in among us is dieing first. It happens so many times it became a running gag with the imposters going out of their way to get me first.

Among Us is a great game, but it's one of the worst games to play with randos. Even ignoring just the pervasive inappropriate names and the complete lack of any amount of logic present, people just decide to quit like you said if something doesn't happen however they like it.

Steam profile
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So many of my students play it, I'd be really curious to see what those games are like. But also we are strongly discouraged from interacting with students on say, social media.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.