As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I was looking earlier and for RGs I have:

30 standard releases built and detailed
    1 standard release unbuilt (FA Unicorn)
    4 special editions built and detailed (Astray Blue Frame, Sazabi Clear, Sinanju Clear, and Talgeese III)
    3 special editions unbuilt (Perfect Strike, 00 Raiser Trans Am Clear, Wing 0 Pearl Coated)

The only standard RGs I am missing are the Char's Zaku, the normal Unicorn (I broke mine), and the Banshee.

*I looked it up, and there are 33 standard releases for the RG line, of which I have 30. I also don't have the Banshee, because I already have like 4 MG Unicorns including the Banshee.

Heffling on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So I didn’t really realize just how much stuff I had coming at the same time between p-Bandai delays and the online expo until a while go so while not a lot compared to some of of the hauls I’ve seen being retweeted at the rate I consume Gunpla some of these will definitely be sitting for years.
    NG96gpIh.jpg
    G632XWuh.jpg
    The Tallgeese III isn’t new I just couldn’t resist taking a picture of all of them together.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Why is the Blue Ranger Barb from Stranger Things?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    So all those convention orders have started coming in, which means I'm about to be up to my butt in clear-plastic Gundams. The tip about dipping the armor pieces in Pledge was great, but now I've got more questions:
    1) Some of these kits are un-tinted and completely clear ("mechanical clear"?), some of them are frosted, some have a colored tint, and some are color-tinted-and-frosted. Should all of these be dipped in Pledge, or only the mechanical clear ones?
    2) Is it a good idea to panel-line clear kits? Would the panel lines emphasize the transparency, or make it look bad and dumb?
    3) Same as (2), but for stickers/dry-rub transfers/water slides.
    4) If it IS a good idea to panel line, or water slide, or whatever, on the clear kits, should that be done before or after Pledge-dipping them?

And I guess just to double-check, we're talking about Pledge Floor Gloss (in the U.S., at least), right? I'm asking because the list of ingredients on that thing is long and scary, and I am extremely not a chemist; I just wanted to make sure that this thing isn't going to damage the model.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Well fuck.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Auuughhh really kicking myself for missing out on the tv color rg tallgeese, I could stand to build a robot these days

maybe I’ll just give in and pick up a regular one

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    @Athenor ⬆️

surprise!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oof, I hope that's not a vision into the future MGEX Phenex's price tag.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    *Lets out a scream that can be heard across space and time*

DAMNIT!!!! I was hoping for a little longer, at least...

So not only did I get the batsignals here, but I also got my friend / local gunpla dealer manager messaging me.

The facebook post had this shortcut to the listing:

https://is.gd/AEno7R

Not exactly my name, but a significant amount of letter overlap.

Which means every fucking thing is fated against me.

*sighs*

Time to check the price...

*reads*

Oh! That isn't so bad. Especially considering it is that metal plated stuff that I have no clue how to cleanly cut / get off the sprues, and someone earlier mentioned that there was an upgrade kit so I thought I'd need to buy that separately.

Yeah, I can swing that.

.... though I just had the STUPIDEST thought.

3 nearly identical perfect grades are going to be repetitive, right?

... So why not do all 3 at the same time?

Edit: Just imagine this post as being so halting and start/stop as representing me being out of breath.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    For the record, the Phenex Narrative is kind of sort of what got me into gunpla and out of Zoids. See, the store had one HG in stock, and I was blown away... but I didn't want to do high grades as they were fairly small and such. So I started doing research, found out about the different grades, posted more here, etc... And then pulled the trigger on a highly recommended transforming Gundam, the MG ZZ Ver Ka.

The rest is history.

I wanna do up the inner frames like TNTrooper is, even though no one will ever see them.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the barbatos is particularly good for inner frame painting since so much of it is visible

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Painted inner frames are so nice even if you do end up covering most of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I watched the Gundam Yokohama Factory presentation/livestream, and nothing spectacular was to be seen (they were talking about ticket prices and when it opens) but the Youtube Automatic Translation To English (from Japanese) leaves something to the imagination...
    jdim62cs84jm.jpg
    oy7wv4uwpbdf.jpg
    No mention of a PG of that model :bigfrown:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    HGUC 070 : 1/144 : MS-14S Char's Gelgoog finished!

It was a fun build, and a nice model :biggrin:
    0xf018gpusk0.jpg
    boyrvltg04xb.jpg
    It fits nicely on my shelf:
    t4zsqh3w0dm0.jpg
    x9wrtczmriyl.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2020
    AAAA

The box says Haro is life size at 45mm around. I don't think that's true!

Also, didn't realize the Injection Machine replica is at 1/60 scale. Definitely putting it on a Perfect Grade's base.

I ended up with two tickets for this anniversary campaign thing they're running, and I believe it's one per person, so... anyone want a raffle ticket? :P

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, Haros in the shows seem much more like... soccer ball sized.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I still kind of second guess myself for passing on the RG Perfectibility.

I think I’m justifying it by telling myself I won’t pass on the RG Phenex when it comes around again.

• Options

Normally I'd be almost done but this fella got a BIG backpack and more than a few weapons

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    AAAA

The box says Haro is life size at 45mm around. I don't think that's true!

Also, didn't realize the Injection Machine replica is at 1/60 scale. Definitely putting it on a Perfect Grade's base.

I ended up with two tickets for this anniversary campaign thing they're running, and I believe it's one per person, so... anyone want a raffle ticket? :P

So, is there a Haro upgrade kit to cram a smart phone or similarly sized micro computer into one of those?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    If you want something simple and a little different, the Sprukits Halo kits are HG sized and about No Grade complexity. The parts can twist off, but I used nippers to keep things neat. It's absolutely not as well-engineered as just about anything I've built, but hey now I have a lil' Master Chief.

And they are by Bandai, so the fit and sprues and instructions are familiar.

There is a MG-size kit too, but I only did the HG one.

• Options
    Ugh well my RX-78-4 was supposed to show up today but FedEx just decided to skip my house I guess. The truck certainly never came back the driveway.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, they're part of a kickstarter that i won't link here, but i'm kinda obsessed w these 1/35 scale mechs

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh my god they're beautiful

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Can you PM me the link?

• Options
    You can just say the names of kickstarters

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    You can just say the names of kickstarters

To be fair, all three of those tweets are from Teccotoys, so that may be a clue.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    yeah, the link to the kickstarter is in the profile of that instagram

it's called Age of Mecha, by teccotoys

i really like the implications that 1/35 scale has for me making warhammer conversions and mechs at that scale

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Decided to take a break on my RG Unicorn Gundam and built my fancy new Hello Kitty Gundam instead.
    UqYPQvfh.jpg
    FUUUUUUUUSION-
    l30DlqPh.jpg
    HA!
    gzeeY1Th.jpg

I do wish there wasn't as heavily a reliance on stickers but it's an SD kit, what can you do. It's pretty cute that the Hello Kitty parts come on runners shaped like her head + ribbon while the gundam parts come on standard runners.

• Options
    I would love it if we got a more advanced line of SD kits that just used more plastic for color correction in place of stickers.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Some of the Cross Silhouette line are really sticker lite. The Barbatos Lupus Rex SD has better color accuracy than the dang HG.

The RX-78 from that line though, not so much.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Finished my Leo kit. It's surprising how different it is in design from how UC mobile suits look. Really makes me desire an MG kit of it.

• Options
    To be released in december:
    absv0ud64t8p.jpeg
    wdqjks1r2wxi.jpeg

• Options
    Yeah my problem is, now they need to come out with a clear version of the Hello Kitty Zaku or my kits won’t match.

• Options
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    In the darkness of the far future there is only hello kitty

• Options

Trying to clear out the backlog a bit, finally finished building the 1/100 Vidar after leaving it as a skeleton for a couple years. It's really cool looking, and I especially love the lil' handguns, wish more Gundams would rock tiny guns like that. It has more bits falling off it than any other IBO kit I've built, though.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    The IBO kits as a whole dont seem to age well.

And I dont mean like, with hindsight. I mean they start falling apart. My Lupus Rex HG is the only one I built that wasn't developing structural issues when I put kits away a couple weeks ago.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.