As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    GOAL

Ugh gotta win 2 more times though, whew

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I feel like that has been happening a bunch this series. One team will be in complete control of play and then as soon as the other team gets the chance for a shot it goes in.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    FUCK!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Fuck Corey Perry.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Mugsley on
  • southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Go Stars

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Why are we mad at Corey Perry?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He's been a dirty player for over a decade.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    And he coulda been good! If I recall correctly, he won the first Rocket Richard trophy. He got a Hart and has been an all-star. He has skills to be a legit player. But instead he's just a piece of shit.

My only question is if that's his choice or what his coaches told him to do.

EDIT: It was not the first Richard trophy, it wasn't even close. That's just a memory error on my part.

chromdom on
  • KPCKPC Registered User regular
    As a Kings fan I can confirm that Corey Perry is indeed a POS player on the ice.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Wasn't it, literally, the same game he speared someone in the dick and somehow the guy that got speared in the dick got a penalty for diving, or was that two games ago?

Burtletoy wrote: »
    Wasn't it, literally, the same game he speared someone in the dick and somehow the guy that got speared in the dick got a penalty for diving, or was that two games ago?

Last game, not the one just played. And it was him versus Point.

50433.png?1708759015
    Brody wrote: »

Overtime game winner to keep the Stars in it.

Same kinda deal I still harbor an intense dislike of Jason Arnott and Sabers fans hate Brett Hull.

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Lightning need to end this tonight so we can start a ridiculously strange offseason.

Bigity wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »

Overtime game winner to keep the Stars in it.

Same kinda deal I still harbor an intense dislike of Jason Arnott and Sabers fans hate Brett Hull.

I'm not mad at him for scoring goals. That's his job.

I'm mad at him for being a dirty ass goon for his entire career.

edited September 2020
    Well the Stars really had no business getting this far, and it was a good series.

Grats Lightning, get ya next year.

Hopefully with crowds and not fake noises.

Bigity on
    HELL YA!!

LORD STANLEY IS COMING TO TAMPA AND GETTING A TAN!!!

Congrats, and thank you, Tampa.

In before COVID spike at the Tampa arena.

Major points lost for not having piped in boos for Bettman.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    It was an excellent series, Stars played way better than I expected.

Nicely done, Tampa!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if I’ll go to the parade

50433.png?1708759015
    Overall I’m really happy with how they played this entire series. I’m happy with Hedman getting Conn Smythe, though there were a few others up there with him so it was hard to pick just one. Dallas played us really tough, but once the boys got jumping they are hard to slow down when Vasy is hot as well.

50433.png?1708759015
    I could see arguments being made for Hedman, Point, Kuch, and Vasy for why each is deserving of the Conn Smythe.

Hedman is 100% the right choice imo though. Dude is arguably the best defenseman in the league right now and he was huge these playoffs.

It's night and day if you compare it to last year's playoffs when he was injured and Tampa got swept. Guy is a force of nature on the ice.

Banzai5150 wrote: »

Oh god reading this I just realized that there is 100% going to be a parade since Desantis fully opened back up the state. There is no way in hell that is safe right now.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »

Bettman usually leans into his heel persona during the Cup presentation so I kind of thought they might have actually done this. Someone on Twitter “fixed” it though

Also, since Yzerman is now in charge of the Wings, this is basically a victory for Detroit....

H0b0man wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Oh god reading this I just realized that there is 100% going to be a parade since Desantis fully opened back up the state. There is no way in hell that is safe right now.

Did you see the live news coverage of Thunder Alley? TONS of people screaming and jumping, looks like a mosh pit at a concert. I’m glad I’m not there. And then they panned over to some bar I forget the name of, and they had people jumping into the Bay.

50433.png?1708759015
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Jayricho wrote: »

Bettman usually leans into his heel persona during the Cup presentation so I kind of thought they might have actually done this. Someone on Twitter “fixed” it though

Also, since Yzerman is now in charge of the Wings, this is basically a victory for Detroit....

I loved the part where after the Cup is set down, by glove wearing people, he puts his fat greasy hand on it and just holds it there while talking. I noticed a glimpse of something darkish on his palm when he pulled it back, and I wondered what the hell, did he tarnish it? Or did he just have ink stains on his palm?

50433.png?1708759015
    Ya I saw that. They had a ton of people there like that for game 5 too.

I love this team and I 100% would love to be in Tampa now to celebrate the cup, but jamming the Alley like that right now with /waveshands all this going on is crazy.

Ya I saw that. They had a ton of people there like that for game 5 too.

I love this team and I 100% would love to be in Tampa now to celebrate the cup, but jamming the Alley like that right now with /waveshands all this going on is crazy.

I really have no clue where they’d have it, but I’d rather them line the streets with cars so we can stay inside them and have the parade come through and we wave from our safety.

50433.png?1708759015
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    I could see arguments being made for Hedman, Point, Kuch, and Vasy for why each is deserving of the Conn Smythe.

Hedman is 100% the right choice imo though. Dude is arguably the best defenseman in the league right now and he was huge these playoffs.

It's night and day if you compare it to last year's playoffs when he was injured and Tampa got swept. Guy is a force of nature on the ice.

Yeah Hedman is one of the best in the game at D, period. You could certainly have given it to Point for all his aburd plays, but Vic and Vasy lock down that D something fierce.

96058.png?1619393207
    https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2031648
    The Tampa Bay Lightning's celebration with the Stanley Cup will likely look different than usual.

The team will host a boat parade along the city's Riverwalk and Hillsborough River at 5 p.m. on Wednesday to celebrate the Cup win. Fans are encouraged to gather safely along the Riverwalk.

"The Stanley Cup is once again coming home to Tampa, and we could not be more proud of the Tampa Bay Lightning for embodying the resilient, fighting spirit of the Tampa Bay community and for bringing the Cup home," Tampa Bay mayor Jane Castor said.

"Despite every challenge this past year, Tampa continues to ensure that our comeback is even greater than any setback. Thank you to our team for working hard, playing hard, and giving our community something to celebrate. We cannot wait for Stanley to get than tan."

There will also be a celebration at Raymond James Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, with socially distant pod seating available.

Looks like they're doing a boat parade instead of a normal one and then going to have an event at Ray Jay that evening.

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    I guess Dallas spent all their energy on game 5 because the first 40 minutes tonight were just a long wet fart.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2031648
    The Tampa Bay Lightning's celebration with the Stanley Cup will likely look different than usual.

The team will host a boat parade along the city's Riverwalk and Hillsborough River at 5 p.m. on Wednesday to celebrate the Cup win. Fans are encouraged to gather safely along the Riverwalk.

"The Stanley Cup is once again coming home to Tampa, and we could not be more proud of the Tampa Bay Lightning for embodying the resilient, fighting spirit of the Tampa Bay community and for bringing the Cup home," Tampa Bay mayor Jane Castor said.

"Despite every challenge this past year, Tampa continues to ensure that our comeback is even greater than any setback. Thank you to our team for working hard, playing hard, and giving our community something to celebrate. We cannot wait for Stanley to get than tan."

There will also be a celebration at Raymond James Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, with socially distant pod seating available.

Looks like they're doing a boat parade instead of a normal one and then going to have an event at Ray Jay that evening.

Bonus points if they recreate the season reopening video with jetskis.

Even more bonus points if one of the players gets drunk enough to knock the Cup into the river

Also, as others have stated, the hot take last year that Hedman was the lynchpin proved to be actually true.

Also the crazy shit that Point and Kuch pulled off in the playoffs was nuts. I should look for some sort of compilation.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Congrats to Tampa. This might be the only moment in my lifetime where I get to see a team in Blue and White lift the cup in Toronto.

Congrats to Tampa. This might be the only moment in my lifetime where I get to see a team in Blue and White lift the cup in Toronto.

They were in Edmonton, so you're still out of luck. Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.