As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    turtleant wrote: »
    in the rotation as it currently exists fire 1 is still an important button, it's what you use to refresh your astral fire stack duration during fire 4 spam so you don't drop enochian. Blizzard 1 is only used at 80 in the extreme edge case of dropping your stacks with 0 MP left, where you can cast it off natural regen slightly sooner than blizzard 3 to get a single umbral ice stack and start regenerating MP faster.

Yeah I'm more saying that fire/blizzard 3 are what could get folded into 1.

Just make fire 1 hit harder basically, and ditch the longer cast time.

IDK what the hell to do with fire 2 though. Other than rebalancing all your AOE potencies and umbral heart generation to make it worthwhile past 50 I guess.

Fire 2 isn't deprecated until the traits at 68 or 72 currently

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

from tgs, we seem to have confirmation that 5.35 is dropping on the 13th, with 5.4 on track be released somewhere in december

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    in the rotation as it currently exists fire 1 is still an important button, it's what you use to refresh your astral fire stack duration during fire 4 spam so you don't drop enochian. Blizzard 1 is only used at 80 in the extreme edge case of dropping your stacks with 0 MP left, where you can cast it off natural regen slightly sooner than blizzard 3 to get a single umbral ice stack and start regenerating MP faster.

Yeah I'm more saying that fire/blizzard 3 are what could get folded into 1.

Just make fire 1 hit harder basically, and ditch the longer cast time.

IDK what the hell to do with fire 2 though. Other than rebalancing all your AOE potencies and umbral heart generation to make it worthwhile past 50 I guess.

Fire 2 isn't deprecated until the traits at 68 or 72 currently
    I couldn't remember the levels so I just guesstimated

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I love black mage but whenever I get levelled down I forget everything I know about how to play a videogame because the fucking st and aoe rotations change like 5 times each

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i am still quite bad at it though. I learned about the double despair fire phase you can pull off by using manafont and it blew my mind

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of leveling SMN while taking a break from BLM and now I can't get used to being rooted in place during boss fights. I ran a quick dungeon as BLM last night and kept dropping Enochian and hitting the wrong ice skating skills.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    That's funny; I tried out Black Mage for a while, and now I'm not sure if I want to go back to SMN and its super-long phase rotation.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    Finally got to 77 AST last night. These last like 5 levels have been such a slog.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I've leveled RDM and is currently leveling Summoner, but I don't see why I would play either when Black Mage is still an option.

Having the option to res people is handy on occasion, though.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The thing about BLM is that the numbers are simply Large

• Options
    Cactuar
    Oh, I got to use my LB3 last night in a Trial because all the DPS and the other healer were dead! I wish I could have seen it but Nidhogg was standing on me

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The most satisfying thing is to drop a caster LB on certain huge dungeon pulls.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I use RDM LB3 whenever it's up in alliance raids, because turning the entire screen white and preventing anyone from seeing AOE indicators is hilarious

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I actually got to see a RDM LB3 used against Bismarck the other day, because our one melee DPS fell off the platform early on and having to jump onto the whale four times in total gave the meter plenty of time to fill up.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    ph blake wrote: »
    I use RDM LB3 whenever it's up in alliance raids, because turning the entire screen white and preventing anyone from seeing AOE indicators is hilarious

you're a bad person

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    ph blake wrote: »

There's a similar joy to popping it as AST.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Just one new emote added during the Mog Station maintenance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5Hv_YmfwQ

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    It showed up on the Korean shop a few weeks ago but I’m glad they’re putting it everywhere else too

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Lalafell
    Haha, amazing.

I wonder if the Wave will show up at some point. You know the one.

Enlong on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Hell yeah

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    That's almost different enough from the original to not give me E3S anxiety.

Almost.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    I dunno that you can improve on the Titania theme but that kicks ass.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Finally got my Demi-Ozma today.

BA was fun, I didn't realise how much I missed that style of raid until I was in one again. Last time was probably... Firelands? Oh wow that was 2011. Huh.

Now to do it a bunch more times for cubes.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Roegadyn

This one fuckin rules too. It's the Tempest zone remix btw

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    yo every shadowbringers trial has been great so far

• Options
    Cactuar
    Got AST to 80 last night. Boy all the AST outfits make me feel like a bad fortune teller.

Anyway time to start on BLM

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I think BLM was my favorite dps to level, because it was just so fascinating how frequently its gameplan drastically changes as you level. I could see some people seeing that as a bad thing, though.

• Options
    Cactuar
    The other DPS I leveled was Dragoon, which got a bit stale by the time I hit 80, so something different will be fun! I am not looking forward to those Roulette times though

• Options
    Miqo'te
    I think BLM was my favorite dps to level, because it was just so fascinating how frequently its gameplan drastically changes as you level. I could see some people seeing that as a bad thing, though.

Going up as BLM is really fun but going into a roulette and getting synced back down really sucks.

• Options
    I think I've played too much leveling and synced-down BLM and too little level 80 BLM to consider the low-level stuff an unpleasant aberration to be avoided. Right now I'm leveling another one up and it's at 64 and I just deal with whatever spell set I've got at the moment.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Got AST to 80 last night. Boy all the AST outfits make me feel like a bad fortune teller.

Anyway time to start on BLM

you're actually an excellent fortune teller, because every fortune you tell is "you're gonna do more damage"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Bucketman wrote: »
    The other DPS I leveled was Dragoon, which got a bit stale by the time I hit 80, so something different will be fun! I am not looking forward to those Roulette times though

I don't like how DRG is steady until about 60 and then it just DOGPILES new job mechanics onto you the rest of the way. I feel like some of this stuff could be spread out a little better.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Re-doing what level classes learn things is like right up near the top of my list of things I want next xpac.

Some of them are just really dumb. Like forbidden chakra being mostly useless on MNK from like 54 or whenever you get it till 62 when you get the trait to passively gain charges.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Au'ra
    t5uayvsghkq51.jpg

• Options
    Lalafell
    Re-doing what level classes learn things is like right up near the top of my list of things I want next xpac.

Some of them are just really dumb. Like forbidden chakra being mostly useless on MNK from like 54 or whenever you get it till 62 when you get the trait to passively gain charges.

That does sort of fit with how it used to work; you built it with Meditation before a fight or when the boss leaves, and you get like one shot of it during the fight.

Which ain’t great, but it’s an option.

This discussion has been closed.