As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    T4CT wrote: »
    ok team new questions

1) who do I message to get a guild invite that list in the OP is six thousand miles long (PC)
    2) I like sorcerer but I wanna use a sword I think am I gonna suck shit

There's more than one guild... @Lucid_Seraph can invite you to one (two?) and I can invite you to the other. Need your screen name.

edit: melee stamina sorc is insanely good. Enjoy your swords.

userID is @MikeBlais character name is Mike Blais, I'm Khajit so I assumed I needed the Alderi Dominion one

e: thank you, etc

T4CT on
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Guilds aren't faction specific any more.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Does scrying break the map for anyone else? Anytime I scry, when it does the little countdown to show how many pieces I got correct (all of them, son!), the map always becomes unusable. I.e. I can't pan it around or interact with any of the icons. I always have to reloadui to fix it. Kind of annoying but at least there is a workaround.

EDIT - Figured out the issue. There is supposed to be a confirmation button on the map screen where it's counting out your successful scrying (default is E). If you close out of the map without hitting E, I guess it gets stuck in that mode. So even if you don't see the prompt to hit E (it doesn't show for me), hit it anyway and it should clear it up.

vamen on
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Does scrying break the map for anyone else? Anytime I scry, when it does the little countdown to show how many pieces I got correct (all of them, son!), the map always becomes unusable. I.e. I can't pan it around or interact with any of the icons. I always have to reloadui to fix it. Kind of annoying but at least there is a workaround.

EDIT - Figured out the issue. There is supposed to be a confirmation button on the map screen where it's counting out your successful scrying (default is E). If you close out of the map without hitting E, I guess it gets stuck in that mode. So even if you don't see the prompt to hit E (it doesn't show for me), hit it anyway and it should clear it up.

I also found that disabling my mini-map addon helps mitigate that problem, even if it means I can't use the mini-map addon right now (this is annoying but not as game-breaking for me as, say, not having my buff/debuff tracker, which is ESSENTIAL for tanking)

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I did wonder if it was related to the mini-map as I had just changed out which add-on I used and the problem only seemed to start after that. I think it may be what is causing the confirmation box to not appear which in turn caused the oddity. As long as I remember to hit "E", I'm good to go.

vamen wrote: »
    I did wonder if it was related to the mini-map as I had just changed out which add-on I used and the problem only seemed to start after that. I think it may be what is causing the confirmation box to not appear which in turn caused the oddity. As long as I remember to hit "E", I'm good to go.

Votan just updated his mini-map plugin, so that will hopefully help. Your comment about E though at least let me use it again :)

edited June 2020
    Heads up to anyone leveling crafting! I have started putting Intricate items into the Ash Housewares guild bank! Because I've got all but one of my crafting disciplines fully leveled (the one remaining is jewelry, BUT IM REAL CLOSE....) Like everything in the Guild Bank, they are free to anyone in the guild.

Also, I am debating either just leaving Pax Arcadia, or... I don't know. I want to use that Guild Bank for something besides storing siege weapons that I'm not using, lol. Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Also, I will begin putting Recipes, Motifs, and Furniture Patterns that I already know in the Ash Housewares guild bank, WITH THE CAVEAT that I will be selling them off every Sunday. This is because in the past, Recipe, Motif, and Furniture clutter are what fills up the bank the fastest. *edit* And Master Writs too, come to think of it. Reason being, I usually just sell this stuff off myself, but I'd like to give our guilds a crack at things *first*, just in case. Basically, if you're on the hunt for stuff, just check the Guild Bank every so often.

Alternatively, depending on what y'all want, we could use Ash Housewares as the crafting mat storage, and Pax Arcadia as the motifs recipes furniture decon gear storage. Up to you.

Also, if you can't use the guild bank, please remind me to promote you x_X and sorry about that being a hassle, it's just a precaution from that time an asshole cleaned out the Pax Arcadia guild bank completely & sold everything in it.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Heads up to anyone leveling crafting! I have started putting Intricate items into the Ash Housewares guild bank! Because I've got all but one of my crafting disciplines fully leveled (the one remaining is jewelry, BUT IM REAL CLOSE....) Like everything in the Guild Bank, they are free to anyone in the guild.

Also, I am debating either just leaving Pax Arcadia, or... I don't know. I want to use that Guild Bank for something besides storing siege weapons that I'm not using, lol. Any ideas?

*EDIT*

Also, I will begin putting Recipes, Motifs, and Furniture Patterns that I already know in the Ash Housewares guild bank, WITH THE CAVEAT that I will be selling them off every Sunday. This is because in the past, Recipe, Motif, and Furniture clutter are what fills up the bank the fastest. *edit* And Master Writs too, come to think of it. Reason being, I usually just sell this stuff off myself, but I'd like to give our guilds a crack at things *first*, just in case. Basically, if you're on the hunt for stuff, just check the Guild Bank every so often.

Alternatively, depending on what y'all want, we could use Ash Housewares as the crafting mat storage, and Pax Arcadia as the motifs recipes furniture decon gear storage. Up to you.

Also, if you can't use the guild bank, please remind me to promote you x_X and sorry about that being a hassle, it's just a precaution from that time an asshole cleaned out the Pax Arcadia guild bank completely & sold everything in it.

I was able to max jewelcrafting recently, so I'll try to remember to dump trash jewelry I find for you to deconstruct.

Also, FYI, Antiquities leads and codex are account wide, so don't worry if your fresh alt gets the lead for a piece of mythic gear or something equally valuable, you can just hop over to your main archeologist to dig it up.

steam_sig.png
    Heads up to anyone leveling crafting! I have started putting Intricate items into the Ash Housewares guild bank!

Good to know. I'll have to start remembering to have a look.

And yeah, some sort of system for what goes in what guild bank would be handy. I tend to throw extra motifs/recipes in the PAX one.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited June 2020
    It took 3 hours, two replacement healers, one replacment dps, and more wipes than I can count...

But I now have a Lord Warden's Heavy helm for my DK tank set :D

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2020
    Heads up to anyone leveling crafting! I have started putting Intricate items into the Ash Housewares guild bank!

Good to know. I'll have to start remembering to have a look.

And yeah, some sort of system for what goes in what guild bank would be handy. I tend to throw extra motifs/recipes in the PAX one.

So, after mucking around for a week

I think putting MOTIFS, RECIPES, and INSPIRATION STUFF for DECON/TRAINING for the PAX one

Crafting Mats, Writs, & (already built) Furniture in Ash Housewares

Gonna start moving stuff around today, & also selling off stuff that we aren't using. Will also try to finally clean out all the damn siege sitting in the PAX bank.

*edit* And don't worry about getting it wrong or whatever, I can sort stuff myself.

Lucid_Seraph on
    Periodic guild bank cleaning performed, btw, so if you're like "Where did all the motifs / furniture patterns / writs that nobody was using or whatever" go, I sold them to make more room.

edited July 2020
    I HAVE! the Ring of the Wild Hunt

+45% out-of-combat movement speed is *ludicrous* folks

Combine it with Steed stone (+Divines gear) and any other move buff you rapidly hit the movement cap such that you can outpace your own damn mount.... by walking. While stealthed. You a Sorcerer? you are already faster than mounts. You in the Brotherhood and you just stabbed a guy? Congrats on outpacing mounts while stealthed. You a stage 1 vampire? you can't quite outpace a mount by yourself, but if you add speed potions, you are absolutely faster than most mounts, without sprinting.

I actually probably have to take the ring *off* for most DB Sacraments, TG Heists, and other such stealth things, because I actually move *so* fast that it's hard to stab or steal efficiently without running physically into an NPC and thus putting them into alert status. This Is Silly.

Presciently on DE's part, you cannot use multiple Mythics at once, so you cannot combo Snow Treaders with Ring of the Wild Hunt to be immune to Snares *and* effectively sprinting at all times. That is probably a good thing. But I'm a bit sad that it wasn't in for at least a little bit so I could annoy people in Cyrodiil.

*edit* DID I outrun a bunch of EP and DC enemies *while stealthed* in Cy? yes.

*e2* with Vamp changes you can hypothetically sprint while stealthed at vamp stage 4, HOWEVER, in my experience, the -100% stat regeneration is NOT worth the tradeoff remotely in most circumstances unless you are running a full Vamp build. In Cy, I've found hovering at stage 1 or 2 to be the most efficient bang for your buck. Seriously, you don't realize how much you rely on passive out of combat stat regen until you've yeet'd yourself off a cliff and gone "Why am I still at 10% health? What's happening."

Lucid_Seraph on
    So... you could mention maybe how you got this ring?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited July 2020

Antiquities system from Greymoor.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ring_of_the_Wild_Hunt

*edit* more info on how to get leads & stuff. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Antiquities

Lucid_Seraph on

*edit* more info on how to get leads & stuff. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Antiquities

Cool thanks. My archaeologist character hasn't started on that stuff yet... only did the tutorial quest for it so far.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

Cool thanks. My archaeologist character hasn't started on that stuff yet... only did the tutorial quest for it so far.

Honestly it's my latest addiction. I love the system, I love the goodies you get out of it, it's stupid stupid fun. It's what I wish the fishing minigame were like.

• OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    This is a strange game for me, as my experience with MMOs is 15 years of sporadic WoW. I've come to realize my MMO fatigue was more a general WoW fatigue, and opted to try ESO over FF14.

I am playing a Dark Elf Nigthblade, and the invisibility skills for the class seem to pair well with the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild. Already working on DB, after spending the first 20ish levels in High Rock questing.

I think I'll take my 1 month of ESO time to explore each region for its TES lore-ness, go to all the big cities, then narrow down where I want to focus my questing time.

Frutrated that the game is not clear on what unlocks/doesnt unlock when you get ESO+ membership. I was hoping to try out Warden, but found out that it costs crowns.

• OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    I'd forgotten to take my mindset from other genres into ESO. With shooters or RPGs, I have to reset my assumptions and expectations on what a game has to offer, otherwise I find myself bashing against a game's mechanics due to stubborness.

I'm finding it interesting how many WoW conventions I had to break free from. I'm realizing that a lot of WoW's design issues are tied to the game's bones, and I need to free myself from those to really enjoy ESO.

As such, I've made a Dragonknight Bosmer (elves with horns fuck yeh) and my Night Elf Nightblade keeps plugging. I alternate between the two, and the free zones they each have. I was reticent to do the starter zones because in my head that's the oldest content and therefore the worst. But that's bad WoW logic, and this stuff came out in 2014, and the plots are engaging.

Working my way through Stonefalls now, and having to RP my Dark Elf to be VERY MUCH not cool with the general Dunmer ideal of 'SLAVERY, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL'.

This game is doing better race commentary than a lot of other games, and genres, and in light of the DnD Race stuff, I am enjoying working through some awkward shit in this game.

edited July 2020
    I'd forgotten to take my mindset from other genres into ESO. With shooters or RPGs, I have to reset my assumptions and expectations on what a game has to offer, otherwise I find myself bashing against a game's mechanics due to stubborness.

I'm finding it interesting how many WoW conventions I had to break free from. I'm realizing that a lot of WoW's design issues are tied to the game's bones, and I need to free myself from those to really enjoy ESO.

As such, I've made a Dragonknight Bosmer (elves with horns fuck yeh) and my Night Elf Nightblade keeps plugging. I alternate between the two, and the free zones they each have. I was reticent to do the starter zones because in my head that's the oldest content and therefore the worst. But that's bad WoW logic, and this stuff came out in 2014, and the plots are engaging.

Working my way through Stonefalls now, and having to RP my Dark Elf to be VERY MUCH not cool with the general Dunmer ideal of 'SLAVERY, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL'.

This game is doing better race commentary than a lot of other games, and genres, and in light of the DnD Race stuff, I am enjoying working through some awkward shit in this game.

The Vvardenfell and Murkmire content also does A LOT of frankly very, very deep and difficult talk about race, colonialism, slavery, and the deep, deep damage it does. It's brilliant. Honestly, Elder Scrolls has THE best versions of the traditional Orcs and Dark Elves out there, and I adore it.

Re: WoW assumptions, while tanking last week I had a DPS yell at me saying "Hey, do you even know how to taunt!? How come you aren't using your AoE taunts, you fucking moron?" to which I was like "There are no AoE taunts in this game. Aggro begins with whoever hit first, which is why I have been trying to run ahead of you to drop AoE, and then prioritizes whoever is doing the most damage, and then I have individual taunts. I actually have the only three actual taunts in the game all loaded [one ranged, one melee, and then the heavy attack from Frost staff], despite being overkill for what we're doing [a Normal dungeon]. There is something that does carry over from whatever MMO you got your assumption from, friend, and that is this: Do not insult the tank."

So then I force-quit and went to play something else V:

Lucid_Seraph on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I pretty much only taunt the bosses, and maybe elites.
    The rest of the group is on their own for the trash mobs.

I have been told I'm a good tank.

I take the effort to CC the mobs together and try to pull ranged units into the AoE storm, because I take pride in my work in being a tank.

Also I'd get bored to death just spamming what pitiful AoE I have with my tank build and nothing else.

steam_sig.png
    Foefaller wrote: »

I take the effort to CC the mobs together and try to pull ranged units into the AoE storm, because I take pride in my work in being a tank.

Also I'd get bored to death just spamming what pitiful AoE I have with my tank build and nothing else.

How do you pull the ranged in? Like with those archers or casters? I usually just run up to them and try to kill them.

edited July 2020
    Foefaller wrote: »

How do you pull the ranged in? Like with those archers or casters? I usually just run up to them and try to kill them.

There's a few different ways.

Myself -- I combine Swarm Mother monster hat with the game's innate aggro mechanics. as noted, initial aggro is literally whoever hit first, followed by whoever is in range first. My tank is an Orc, and I use a staff on my backbar (either Frost for the extra taunt, or Lightning so that enemies get set off-balance) so I get a bonus to my Sprint, so I often just try to run ahead of the party and slap down a Wall of Elements on as many of the ranged dudes as possible. Then I immediately swap to sword 'n' board and start blocking. After that my hat does the heavy lifting for me -- every time a ranged attacker hits me, they get yanked straight at me. This strat works best if you're a hybrid tank -- I use both magicka and stamina, have slightly more points in stam than mag (as I need more of it for blocking/running/bashing), and get my HP from my armor (Ebon Armory + Plague Doctor)

The other way is to individually target dudes with one of the pulls. DKs use Unrelenting Grip, Wardens use Frozen Device, and everybody else uses Silver Leash from the Fighter's Guild skill line. This means you gotta target dudes individually, but you can wear a different hat.

Lucid_Seraph on
    truly surprised at how much I'm enjoying play this game just at its own pace, mostly single-player, but having others in the world

it's also the only use-case for my stadia which is nice, since it basically provides easy TV cross-play with my PC character (yeah stadia was a waste of money but you know what I got a 4k chromecast and a pretty nice controller out of it and honestly? that's not a bad deal)

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Started playing again after couple months break (due to launcher breaking, again, could not be arsed to reinstall the game until now).
    And i got to say that i love the new vampire abilities (the 3 that i have tried), the ultimate is nice, same for the stun, mist form is a decent option for when you lack the stamine to sprint, or need to conserve it, the drain is ok.

Not a fan of the change of feeding raising vampire level instead of the opposite.
    But loving the new feeding animations (or are they old? i don't think i have fed on anyone in ages because i did not want to lover my vampire level).

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Markarth preview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gh4LI_rZAw

Looks awesome. Along with the new zones for the Markarth area and Blackreach, we're getting a new solo arena.

Item Set Collections will be a new feature, which sounds fantastic. I'm more excited for that than anything. It'll be a huge quality of life improvement.

Arteen on
    holy crap Item Set Collections is HUGE. That's the kind of thing where I hope other games like Guild Wars 2 might learn from it.

Can someone summarize what item set collections is about for someone who doesn't want to watch a 2 hour video?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • mkissinmkissin Registered User regular
    The game keeps a record of any item set pieces you've ever collected, and you can "rebuild" any for a cost of some transmute crystals. Starts at 75 crystals per piece, but the cost seems to drop as you collect more of each set, and they're going to increase (by a lot) how many crystals you can hold to 500 (or 1000 with ESO plus).

So if you accidentally decon that burning spellweave inferno staff, it's no longer the end of the world, or if some old set gets a buff and suddenly becomes the meta.

Overall, I like it.

NEW EVENT Y'ALL

Antiquities themed! I dunno about you but I sure love me some archaeology

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    How is the new Necro class ?

I’ve not played in a while, but just reinstalled, and have enough crowns to unlock it.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Nice for running around solo, haven't tried it in anything else yet. Unique dialogue here and there is nice, they should do that for all classes moving forward.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The free house from the Greymoor event is actually really great. I'm actually tempted to decorate it.

I haven't bought any homes other than the cheap/free inn rooms, so my only other homes are the Psijic Villa from the last free event and the Elswyr home. I mostly just dump everything haphazardly in my Psijic Villa.

Yeah this one is huge and awesome. We’re using it as a pseudo-guild hall just due to the sheer size. Really cool reward!

The person you get, as furniture?, you can have them move around! Like you can have your pets run around, and you can do the same for the person.
    Mine always says the same one thing over and over, but I've heard from others that they say many different things. Mine talks about Lady Laurent all the time.....

The person you get, as furniture?, you can have them move around! Like you can have your pets run around, and you can do the same for the person.
    Mine always says the same one thing over and over, but I've heard from others that they say many different things. Mine talks about Lady Laurent all the time.....

I only just discovered like yesterday that the wait time can be edited PER NODE, so you can have them like...pause over a table of things as if they're reading or contemplating

very impressed

T4CT wrote: »

I only just discovered like yesterday that the wait time can be edited PER NODE, so you can have them like...pause over a table of things as if they're reading or contemplating

very impressed

I didn't spend too much time with it (burnout is really killing me these days), but I got her to linger at the bookshelf and my Map Wall where I put all my zone maps. I also pathed the Vale Fawn deer to reluctantly emerge from a nook, pause for like 3 min at the water, then get super spooked and bound away.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm picturing a murderhobo threatening a baby deer into following a script and succeeding.

Direction level up!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    So I got the Greymoor expansion to pick up the free house-package and to my surprise, I somehow have another Notable home; the Grand Psjic Villa. Was this given away somewhere or something cause I'm pretty sure I'd remember picking that up.