As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] this is now the old thread!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Thirith wrote: »
    On the side of the space station where you can upgrade your equipment and ship, there's a dude that sells suit upgrades. Next to him, there's a kind of... machine?... that, if you use it, allows you to add inventory space.

There's also a machine like that (they both have a hologram of the exosuit backpack) in the space anomaly in the back by Iteration Selene. You can use theirs once per system, so that's two exosuit inventory slots per system. One at the system's space station, and once at the space anomaly once you summon it to that system. The cost goes up with each slot purchased, but it does cap out. The cargo slots are more expensive. I don't remember if I mentioned it earlier, but I just recently maxed out all my slots! That's a lot of fuckin inventory space.

Also, you can find crashed drop pods on planets that can expand your inventory by one slot, but you gotta repair em. Usually requires ionized cobalt, antimatter, and I think either condensed carbon or sodium nitrate (I forget which)

The helpful part of that is if you keep around those elements, you can sometimes find the drop pod data items on the market, buy a few of them (for usually much less than expanding space in the stations), and go jump around on planets finding drop pods, giving you more space to hold those things in a cycle (though sometimes if you're hauling around that signal booster and find drop pod one, you can only find one other drop pod on the planet before it directs you back to your original drop pod which only happens sometimes but still).

Basically, if you've more credits than time, stations. If you've more time than credits, drop pod data.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Also, I have . . . questions: I never finished the Atlas questline, nor the Center questline (not sure if they're one and the same), but my understanding is that there's some point of possibly no return and I want to know if I can just skip that and keep journeying through and keeping the bases I already have now. Also, other than the tech tree kiosk, nothing else in the Anomaly seems to be working, but the wiki says I get tech there; is there something I need to do to enable those kiosks?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Also, I have . . . questions: I never finished the Atlas questline, nor the Center questline (not sure if they're one and the same), but my understanding is that there's some point of possibly no return and I want to know if I can just skip that and keep journeying through and keeping the bases I already have now. Also, other than the tech tree kiosk, nothing else in the Anomaly seems to be working, but the wiki says I get tech there; is there something I need to do to enable those kiosks?

Iirc the rest of the tech is through the iterations standing by the kiosks rather than the kiosk directly

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

The only quest with a point of no return is the Artemis quest (the one that eventually has you reach the center, sorta), but even then you can always return to your bases, and through them whatever galaxies they're in. So it's not really a point of no return.

Also, the story for all three of the main quests (Atlas, Anomaly, Artemis) is something I really loved and I'd highly recommend going through them and also searching for the hidden tidbits in things like the boundary failures and suchlike.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Huh.

So right after the update I had teleported around a bit trying to finish some old photo missions still in my log. At some point that seems to have taken me back into Euclid without me realizing it. I've been exploring for a new home site for a while now thinking I was still in my new galaxy.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    i just teleported to eissentam through the anomaly from my... second system?

i finally got a decent run going! a couple of salvage jobs got me up to affording an exotic. eissentam should make life easier on random quest planets. should be making tracks but i got caught up on this awesome glitch planet:

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Also, the saga of my current homeworld continues.

When I first had it, it was a 'lush' world with lovely red grass.
    gShaSHU.jpg?1

Then right after the update it became a toxic green hellscape covered in eggs. Biome became 'infested'.
    ckL8hCb.jpg?1

Their experimental patch seems to have tweaked it a bit. Now it's an 'Infested Paradise' covered in Living Ship egg plants.
    7UPLRDd.jpg?1

I like this a lot better than the toxic version.

I just wish it was an Indium system, and also had the cool glowy grass.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    Is glowing grass and being an indium system related? Because that's rad if so

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020

No it's just a new type of grass that seems really cool. I wish it was also an Indium system so I could just have my base on an indium farm and not have to portal around so much.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »

No it's just a new type of grass that seems really cool. I wish it was also an Indium system so I could just have my base on an indium farm and not have to portal around so much.

Oooooh, I gotcha. I just thought maybe some connection had been found, which would have been neat

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I am so hooked in this game. Playign it on both ps4 and pc. Came across my first giant worm!

?.jpg

?.jpg

ANd then there was this monstrosity awaiting me after I warped in to a system.

?.jpg

?.jpg

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I’ve noticed the space events pop up a lot more now. I had 3 in an hour, just travelling around a single system.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    That fucking eye thing

I saw it for the first time today and when I came out of pulse I literally jumped and flinched back in my chair

Rarely has a game spooked me without warning like that!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    You should explore underwater areas more. There be ghosts!
    I'mnot kidding, some real ethereal beings flying out of stuff!

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I haven’t seen anything other than wrecked freighters and random traders in space events so far. The freighters seem to be the same models found on planets, including the storage containers, but you can’t loot them. For some reason these things keep spawning inside space stations and disappearing before I can dock.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    I haven’t seen anything other than wrecked freighters and random traders in space events so far. The freighters seem to be the same models found on planets, including the storage containers, but you can’t loot them. For some reason these things keep spawning inside space stations and disappearing before I can dock.

I think the explorable freighters only come from the scanner things you get from the Nexus/scrap dealer/asteroids.

• Options

I think the explorable freighters only come from the scanner things you get from the Nexus/scrap dealer/asteroids.

No, you can occasionally run into them randomly, I did last night. I almost didn't have enough inventory space for all the bullshit I found on there, but I managed (barely).

I also was using some of those anomaly detectors (someone gave me like 50 of them at the Space Anomaly hub) to do a bunch of space encounters but the derelict freighter one was completely random

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This is gonna be one of the first games I play on the new Xbox, so I’ll wait to see what’s in the new update until then. I don’t know if it has an optimization update, but even if it doesn’t it already has a 4K mode with an unlocked frame-rate, and that’s good enough for me.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Why do all the beautiful planets have obnoxious sentinel presences, sod off you space pigs.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    ASAB

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    This is gonna be one of the first games I play on the new Xbox, so I’ll wait to see what’s in the new update until then. I don’t know if it has an optimization update, but even if it doesn’t it already has a 4K mode with an unlocked frame-rate, and that’s good enough for me.

Yeah, I started a new game to check out the patch but then I saw the xbox load time comparison taking it from almost two minutes on a one x to less than 30sec on a series x, and its definitely going back on the shelf for another month.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    So I left the game running while I went to get some food with the wife. Got home and the computer was shut off, probably because of a cat stepping on the power button (stupid fucking PC cases with the power button on top). Whatevs, no big deal, boot up only takes a couple seconds. But now No Man's Sky is deleted off my computer? I'm having to redownload it as we speak. No idea what could cause this to happen, that's fucking strange. I hope the saves are in the cloud, or else I'm going to be really fucking sad that I lost that save file.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    But now No Man's Sky is deleted off my computer?

Also the cat.

• Options
    Luckily the save data was still there, thank fuck.

Also started another base in the new galaxy! Gotta do SOMETHING with all these extra resources

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

I should have clarified that I’m finding wrecked freighters and not the derelict ones you buy coordinates to. It’s legit the exact same wrecks you can find on planets but in space.

• Options

I should have clarified that I’m finding wrecked freighters and not the derelict ones you buy coordinates to. It’s legit the exact same wrecks you can find on planets but in space.

I've seen them, too. You cant go aboard but I managed to shoot some cargo containers for resources.

• Options
    Is there any way at all to earn Quicksilver without doing multiplayer bullshit? I don't want to play with anyone else, but I do want a living ship, but if it's required that I play with others I'll just forget it even exists.

• Options
    Is there any way at all to earn Quicksilver without doing multiplayer bullshit? I don't want to play with anyone else, but I do want a living ship, but if it's required that I play with others I'll just forget it even exists.

You don't have to play with others to do Nexus missions. Just initiate a mission and start it before anyone can join you. But if it's a mission to kill creatures I'd advise playing with other people, as they can help complete it much, MUCH faster by spreading out and killing stuff over there while you're over here killing stuff.

I think I got some quicksilver once for blowing something up during a space encounter, but it was a paltry amount and not worth trying to farm.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The weekend events give a pretty decent chunk and while you will see other players there, you are in no way required to interact with them. Hell, even if someone joins my missions I just ignore them.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    yeah you don't need to play with anyone
    and the big weekend missions are actually made easier by the other people marking things

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    yeah you don't need to play with anyone
    and the big weekend missions are actually made easier by the other people marking things

yeah people usually build bases nearby with landing pads, and sometimes if it requires specific plants, they will have them growing there for you.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I just want to find a planet with a super deep ocean at this point. I don't know if the new updates allow that, because when I last played, every ocean was a puddle.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Forgot that I excavated a ruin some months back. Not sure why I did it.
    y20kvxw9mj78.png

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Not sure why I did it.

Me everytime I come back to this game and discover a half-finished project from 6 months ago.

• Options
    Forgot that I excavated a ruin some months back. Not sure why I did it.
    y20kvxw9mj78.png

One thing I found out recently - in the ruins where you have to find keys to open a chest, the chest is actually highlighted when you use your scanner.

Something I wish I’d learned on my first one, and not my fourth or fifth...

• Options
    Did some exploring the other night and found some neat stuff.

LKfFVfm.jpg?1
    Found a Trinary system. On the map it looked like a regular indium star, and all the planets were indium/activated indium.

5DXdExx.jpg?1
    Checkout a swamp/wetlands planet. Very different. It had these little organic huts occasionally. They weren't scanable plants or minerals, and were like Yoda's house in Star Wars.

evPXAjx.jpg?1
    They even had organic lights and windows!

s0J4pWb.jpg?1
    I also found what I think is my new primary base world.

It has most all of my wishlist.
    - Activated Indium
    - Glowy grass
    - Pretty
    - Archive!

Technically it's not a 'Paradise', it's 'Tropical'. So it has storms, but they seem so minor and don't do any enviornmental effects. It might be the first time I've run across that. Until now, if it had a storm, during the storm was hell. These I can walk around and the only issue is slightly reduced visibility. Seems perfectly fine to me.

Also it has bubbles everywhere!

• Options
    edited October 2020
    So I found this big boy on a poison planet and wow I came up to his front hip!
    0bqnnltbeybj.jpg
    n5kzlt672cfl.jpg

. . . desert planet. I came up to his elbow.
    y14ay7hxexvd.jpg
    nfsoim49amc3.jpg
    c0mrgfuutcos.jpg

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    I’ve not seen any really huge creatures, but I did find a race of what I can only describe as Owlbears.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Has anyone here played through entirely in VR? Thoughts?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Has anyone here played through entirely in VR? Thoughts?

Entirely? No, I can't VR for more than about 30 minutes before things get real bad for me. But I've got a buddy who plays with PSVR who highly recommends controller only, no wands.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion