As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hope you like Counter-Strike:
    EXPERIMENTAL MODE
    The next experiment begins! This time we’re hoping to get your feedback on some changes to Solider: 76’s Heavy Pulse Rifle. We’re using the 2-2-2 Role Queue ruleset so that you can get a feel for how these balance changes might affect the live game.

HERO UPDATES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)

Soldier: 76

Heavy Pulse Rifle

Bullet spread removed
    Constant recoil added
    Ammo increased from 25 to 30
    Developer Comments: We’re testing some changes with Soldier: 76’s Heavy Pulse Rifle that make the weapon more controlled by recoil, rather than bullet spread. Overall, this will make him better when firing in full auto, rather than controlled bursts. While recoil exists with other heroes’ weapons, these changes are intended to be impactful to gameplay, rather than establishing the “feel” of the weapon.

You can play experimental in the server browser if you don't want to wait in queue. It's pretty tough to get the hang of. I feel like he should have a few accurate bullets so you still can burst fire if you want.

Zek on
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Recoil sucks, game already taxes my aging, crumbling ability, don't do it.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Recoil sucks, game already taxes my aging, crumbling ability, don't do it.

age has no bearing on ability...

23u0mp2js6wr.png

become a crab

obF2Wuw.png
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    More and more, I really want an asymmetric mode. Just had a really frustrating match against a Doomfist because we had (a garbage) one too. Knowing and paying attention to the audio cues doesn't help when the friendly and enemy ones are the exact fucking same and they're both going literally constantly.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    of the top500 dps on the asian region in season 20 only 381 remain on the leaderboard

why?

because the other 119 all got banned for cheating lmao

obF2Wuw.png
    Comp also desperately needs "confirm you're fucking here" before starting a match. Three fucking matches in a row where we started on defense with someone still in spawn, essentially giving them the first point for free and enough of an ult advantage that point B or the second point was also a freebie. I'm amazed that it's apparently not showing up in their data since it seems to be about 50/50 for it to happen. And probably a 25% chance to happen even it's the second round. Where the fuck are you going, you dumb shits?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    First for me. Had a game where 1 dps and I did over 75% of our team’s damage.

Yeah we lost. I think our sombra did 3k dmg the entire map.

edited October 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KRU6WRCvWo

Was proud of my perfect stall to buy the time to win this, but the real MVP turned out to be the enemy DPS.

The Sombra not only hacked our Reaper after he wraithed for god only knows what reason, but didn't have the big medkit locked down. She proceeded to lose the 1v1, which gave him enough meter to ult.

So he wraiths into the middle of the enemy team like an idiot and ults... and their Junkrat not only doesn't secure the easy kill, but launches him into both their healers.

Christ.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Finals were good. I don’t get the complaints about Shock only winning on control.

I mean, they have the best tracer in the world and used him. They have the best baptist in the world they can only use vs Pharah, and they have the best Rein in the world who had to learn Hog, and held his own vs Gesture’s hog which dominated Shanghai. They closed it out on Hollywood with all of their “best in world” players playing their not best heroes (Violet-Zen, Super-Hog, Striker-Hanzo).

The only player on their main was Moth, and arguably Choi when he played Sigma.

At some point, people just have to realize that no matter how much the meta changes, Shock always adapt. Really impressive perfect championship run considering this meta didn’t include their best players mains. This whole tourney, minus Fusion, was tense and close. Very fun.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Super used to play Hog before OWL (he was almost an off tank in season 1) and Viol2t is a top 3 Zen. I think the only real surprise for me was Striker's Hanzo. He crushed Fleta and Lip in the mirror match. Only Profit was able to keep up with him.

tidying up shadowplay folder after trying to save my one trick torb to gm account that mysteriously ended up 3600 after i played a few too many games on a large amount of ketamine and 2 bottles of wine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFzl5FgK8cY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuoPW-Vjo6M

obF2Wuw.png
    tidying up shadowplay folder after trying to save my one trick torb to gm account that mysteriously ended up 3600 after i played a few too many games on a large amount of ketamine and 2 bottles of wine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFzl5FgK8cY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuoPW-Vjo6M

I like how your Torb play while in a chemically induced coma is still higher than my account.

great thing about torb is u dont even need to know where u are and ur turret is still droppin bodies

obF2Wuw.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    great thing about torb is u dont even need to know where u are and ur turret is still droppin bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMJ-s4T16M

I knew what that was before I hit play. That has to be the best PotG in all of Overwatch.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    if you gave the funniest person alive a million dollars, they couldn't write a more perfect potg than that

I just watched a S76 do less than 4K dmg in a 12 min game.

I kinda wonder what he thinks effective gameplay looks like. Like, is he going “totally carrying” as he misses every shot?

Now I saw my team’s Mei ult an empty point. As in, we killed the entire enemy team. No one is around. He ults.

Next ult, he throws it into narnia, of course after we’re all dead.

This game.

Those both sound like the Mei fat fingered.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Now I saw my team’s Mei ult an empty point. As in, we killed the entire enemy team. No one is around. He ults.

Next ult, he throws it into narnia, of course after we’re all dead.

This game.

To be fair, Narnia needed to be nuked from orbit, so their heart was in the right place.

steam_sig.png
    Those both sound like the Mei fat fingered.

I fat finger maybe once every few hours, prob less. Twice in a game is extremely unlikely imho.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i've definitely panic shot my sombra ult before and felt really horrible...

I just had a game with three throwers on my team. Our road hog threw himself off the edge over and over, our other tank emoted will shooting at a wall, and our bastion ran in circles.

What the actual fuck.

Are you kidding me with this shit, Blizzard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-a5dg4D_s

ztrEPtD.gif
    edited October 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-a5dg4D_s

Wait what? He pinned one and then it swapped to another?

That is weird.

sanstodo on
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I just had a game with three throwers on my team. Our road hog threw himself off the edge over and over, our other tank emoted will shooting at a wall, and our bastion ran in circles.

What the actual fuck.

I mean, probably actually children. solo queuing is a crap shoot

So what's everyone's experience in open vs role queue? It's weird, for me (console) it feels way less toxic with less smurfs/int-ers than in role queue. And a lower % of toxic messages post-game.

edited October 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-a5dg4D_s

Wait what? He pinned one and then it swapped to another?

That is weird.

Their Rein and I started charging at like .1 seconds apart. I somehow suctioned up his (ulting) Zen from behind him, so I passed through him as he was starting his charge (because charge makes you immune to knockback APPARENTLY), at which point he suctioned me, which caused Zen to be knocked back SOMEHOW in the opposite direction from both of us.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    The zen bodyblocked your charge, so you hit him instead of the rein. It wasn't a suction or anything, it's just the animation snapping from "in charge-able zone" to "charge animation. The rein started charging in the same direction a moment later, so you got trapped in his charge and lost the zen in your own charge. There's nothing buggy going on there, it's just how the skills work.

And it's not like you lost out on much, you were charging into the enemy zone of control during a transcendance while discorded, the rein wasn't gonna die.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    edited October 2020
    Should I have used sarcasm quotation marks? Charge doesn't make you immune to knockback. Or damage for that matter. Neither pin nor knockback was applied, but I passed through him. Meanwhile, Zen's position literally skips three times in about a .5 second span as the game struggles to figure out what the fuck it should be doing, and then he's forcibly ejected not only in a completely illogical direction, but launched into the air. "Nothing buggy" my ass.

Also, "enemy's zone of control?" What? You can literally see two enemy corpses on the ground, our Reaper ulting, and hear Tracer on their 76. The "enemy's zone of control" was filled with my own team's DPS. Separate people during Transcendence, especially when you're pushing them into bad positions, like where your Reaper and Tracer are. They had already lost that fight (and the match since the cart was 10 seconds from the win). Like, there's a reason their Rein had turned around and was trying to run. It wasn't a 300 IQ move to countercharge via glitch invulnerability.
    Pailryder wrote: »

Man, do not read the replies to that post. They could probably take a healthy chunk out of toxicitiy just by banning everybody in that thread.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    soldier patch and halloween stuff out

apparently also the dumb ball change too

obF2Wuw.png
    edited October 2020
    Blizzard: "Why don't people want to play tank ever!?"
    Also Blizzard: "For all our biggest hyped up events, against AIs where you can fuck around and learn characters in a low pressure environment, nobody is allowed to play any tanks. Ever. Fuck all tanks."

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    soldier patch and halloween stuff out

apparently also the dumb ball change too

they removed that from the patch notes, looks like it didn't go in but was included in the patch notes by accident

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/JLxGCPPTw4I

some good looking costumes.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    these aren't my very favorite costumes, but compared to some of the skins from other events this past yearish, they're definitely better than average

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Three new Ashe voicelines, but it sounds lighter than Jennifer Hale's voice, I wonder if they sneaky snake replaced her.

Werewolf Winston and Ragdoll Echo look the best of the skins.

Both this week's challenges down on the first try, and seemed pretty easy to be honest, but it could be because I had decent teams and team comps for both on my first attempts. McCree (me)/76/Torb/(Brig-ghost/Baptiste-fast). Baptiste feels about as ridiculous for this mode as Torb is.

Ghost one just seems like whoever the ghost is chasing needs to reposition. Only time it got dicey was towards the end when our Brig was massively out of position (ie away from literally everybody) and seemingly not throwing out packs either since two of us were huddled in a corner near death for like 5 seconds before dying.

Quick mode almost seemed like it might almost be easier than normal mode. More zomnics and they run out of their little hole faster, so a lot more ultimates and the blue bomber ones were practically in your face before shooting instead of bumbling around in their hole.

ztrEPtD.gif