As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Lives Matter Thread 6

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    If he's undergoing any treatment there's no way they're letting him tweet

You're generally allowed your phone in the hospital unless you're delirious, brain injured, or have certain psychiatric conditions

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

This is weird. I don't know how to understand this.

This is what I always say when I'm extremely conscious and aware of my surroundings.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    There is a zero (0) percent chance he tweeted something that ends with "LOVE!!!"

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    There is a zero (0) percent chance he tweeted something that ends with "LOVE!!!"

Or maybe he was visited by three Covid spirits, and is now a changed man?

Ah, but a man can dream...

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    All the newspaper layoffs have really hurt the "flash-on polaroid proof of life" industry.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Glenn Beck went through difficult rectal procedures and didnt come out any better.

Although he did imply 45's assassination and get reprimanded for it.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

No no, it was Melania that said "fuck this christmas shit"

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I turned off chat in various games 4 years ago because they got ghoulish about assassination fan fiction and other things
    I only left WoW's on because there is a limit to the ignore list and others would tell them to knock it off

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "In a statement Monday, Cameron revealed that the only charge he recommended to the grand jury was wanton endangerment. But the motion filed by the juror noted that the attorney general had previously made public comments stating that his team walked the grand jury 'through every homicide offense, and also presented all of the information that was available to the grand jury.'"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grand-jury-recordings-released-breonna-taylor-case-n1241803

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Tube is going to talk to so many FBI agents this weekend.

They think a lot of themselves that I might want to travel to the US right now while a pandemic is in full swing.

That said, someone should take the format of the meme of all of the fallen presidential candidates from the nomination process, but make it of all the dead presidents standing there welcomingly.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I didn't realize that Ilhan Omar's father died of COVID. That absolutely sucks.

Edit: Oh wow, pages behind.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

You're generally allowed your phone in the hospital unless you're delirious, brain injured, or have certain psychiatric conditions

With Trump, how would they differentiate that from business as normal?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Can people please transcribe their tweets

Half of the last 5 pages are just empty posts

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

Do you have some kind of a blocker turned on? I can see all of the tweets that are being posted.

Still understandably annoying, but it seems like it's worth looking into on the end of those who are having issues.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I haven't changed any settings. I just seem to get random days where embedded tweets don't work properly, I don't know why.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    It usually happens on my phone. Completely at random

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Yeah for reals, sometimes on mobile Chrome the forums don't load inline tweets at all, and refreshing or even restarting my phone does nothing to help it. Only happens intermittently, but when it does, it persists for a while.

• Options
    Ketar wrote: »

Do you have some kind of a blocker turned on? I can see all of the tweets that are being posted.

Still understandably annoying, but it seems like it's worth looking into on the end of those who are having issues.

Happens in a lotta threads when people's pcs and phones update at various speeds

Additionally, several tweeta have been deleted and all we see are empty awesome posts.

https://youtu.be/EUbD09hVaNw

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Paladin wrote: »

my working assumption is that if he's on any medication, especially medication that might get him in any way high, that his staff would take his ability to tweet away

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Tube is going to talk to so many FBI agents this weekend.

They think a lot of themselves that I might want to travel to the US right now while a pandemic is in full swing.

That said, someone should take the format of the meme of all of the fallen presidential candidates from the nomination process, but make it of all the dead presidents standing there welcomingly.

There are fbi agents in most major cities and at least 2 per state

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I've been reading the Washington Post article someone ripped about this and, trump's family better be hoping his lawyers were really zealous with those liability waivers.

Because in the past few days alone before the diagnosis, he was around a lot of people who have the time and money to make him pay for their treatment.

Not just get a settlement to be paid whenever, I mean actually get money right here right now

Edit
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/us/new-jersey-drivers-license-suspension-reason-trnd/index.html

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Making sure [*.]twitter.com is blocked and h ttps://[*.]platform.twitter.com:443 is allowed under the cookies settings helped.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone think we should make a Trump has covid-19 thread instead of filling up a Black Lives Matter thread?

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Does anyone think we should make a Trump has covid-19 thread instead of filling up a Black Lives Matter thread?

Yup, after this thread ends we were gonna try and split it off into its own thread

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Barr next Barr next Barr next

Well...

He's definitely not careful.

(Tweeter is random person and my fingers are crossed for entirely unrelated reasons, of course)

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Tim Burke is a former Deadspin guy, definitely not random and very reliable

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    It wasn't a value judgment, obviously.

Random in the sense that he is unrelated to the video, and was the first person I found who had it up, and who didn't seem horrible. But also, a random dude.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a good news journalism website which is discussing the murder of Breonna Taylor? Has anyone transcribed all the grand jury recordings?

• Options
    Does anyone have a good news journalism website which is discussing the murder of Breonna Taylor? Has anyone transcribed all the grand jury recordings?

The Associated Press seems like your best bet until someone goes deep

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hey, speaking of right-wing dipshits without shame or compunction about using public resources they fought against:

Pretty sure this is the one time it would be morally justifiable to root for black lung.

I feel like this piece of shit is the kind of guy who would apply for those benefits even if he didn't actually suffer from it.

Hell, he does it fraudulently and if anyone finds out he just spins it into "I was testing the system look at how easy it is to defraud just shut it all down"

• Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/breonna-taylor-grand-jury-audio-recording.html
    One of those officers, Detective Myles Cosgrove, who the F.B.I. said fired the shot that killed Ms. Taylor, described in the audio being uncertain about exactly what occurred during the chaos after the police used a battering ram to burst into Ms. Taylor’s apartment.

“I just sensed that I’ve fired,” Detective Cosgrove said in an interview last month that was played for the jurors. But, he added: “It’s like a surreal thing. If you told me I didn’t do something at that time, I’d believe you. If you told me I did do something, I’d probably believe you, too.”

How many jobs are so lax that you can kill someone and get off completely scott free, when your response to having killed that person is "IDK what the fuck happened lol"

• Options
    Something else pointed out with other body camera videos shown in this thread and previous thread is that they are trained to disassociate from scenario

• Options
    Adam Ruins Everything and Cody of some more news have done shows on that thing with cops being trained and encouraged to be sociopathic murderers

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Who was the young woman that was killed by cops during a wellness check? My Google fu is failing me and all this time I kept thinking it was Breona Taylor .

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    You're gonna have to be more specific than that, people are killed all the time in wellness checks

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Who was the young woman that was killed by cops during a wellness check? My Google fu is failing me and all this time I kept thinking it was Breona Taylor .

are you thinking of Chantel Moore, a Nuu-chah-nulth woman killed by Canadian police in June?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/ep4vzj/canadian-police-killed-chantel-moore-ejaz-choudry-during-wellness-and-mental-health-calls

• Options

Which one? Fuck cops

Sandy Guardiola

Atatiana Jefferson

Chantel Moore

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    seriously, why bother swatting someone anymore when you can just call in a "wellness check"?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "In a statement Monday, Cameron revealed that the only charge he recommended to the grand jury was wanton endangerment. But the motion filed by the juror noted that the attorney general had previously made public comments stating that his team walked the grand jury 'through every homicide offense, and also presented all of the information that was available to the grand jury.'"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/grand-jury-recordings-released-breonna-taylor-case-n1241803

A reminder that "available information" does not include any bodycam footage of the officers before or during entering the apartment and engaging in a firefight.

• Options
    Ooh, what about paroll officer killed in a wellness check asked by her office she was quitting from.

Did I just describe a complicated hit?

This discussion has been closed.