As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Lives Matter Thread 6

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Chris Christie has tested positive for COVID-19:

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Is the word anymore getting changed to anymo... for anyone else? I stg I've seen like 4 different people make that same typo/autocorrect

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    on mobile? I remember the forums doing that when I used chrome, but since switching to safari/firefox it hasn't popped up.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Midnite wrote: »
    on mobile? I remember the forums doing that when I used chrome, but since switching to safari/firefox it hasn't popped up.

Yeah I'm on chrome for android. Good to know it's not just me

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    we just say anymo now

it's fetch

Yamiche Alcindor is the PBS Newshour White House correspondent. The WH press pool has been passed this note from an anonymous source with access to the President's status:

“The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ronpaulit'shappening.gif

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Chris Christie has tested positive for COVID-19:

With all the video and the fame of the victims overriding HIPAA privacy, that Rose Garden ceremony is going to be goldmine for those studying how this virus spreads.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    That unnamed source, btw, appears to be Mark Meadows who is on video asking to go 'off record' moments before the press pool went bananas.

And now apparently the Senate is out until the 19th

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    also apparently it's coming out now that trump's diagnosis was on Wednesday, actually

so, that's not good

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Dark Lord Satan heed my call

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    there's something intensely poetic about a group of people whose only guiding principle is selfishness all infecting each other with a potentially lethal illness because they can't be fucked to wear cloth masks when they're near other people, and they will have learned nothing from this no matter what

this whole time they should've been killing just each other, but instead they had to also kill hundreds of thousands of people who didn't really do anything wrong, in the process making life even more precarious for millions more

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
    trump now has a pre-existing condition that would preclude him from ACA benefits if his lawsuit passes the courts

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    there's something intensely poetic about a group of people whose only guiding principle is selfishness all infecting each other with a potentially lethal illness because they can't be fucked to wear cloth masks when they're near other people, and they will have learned nothing from this no matter what

this whole time they should've been killing just each other, but instead they had to also kill hundreds of thousands of people who didn't really do anything wrong, in the process making life even more precarious for millions more

Oh I've seen people sharing pictures online of Mr. and Mrs. Trump wearing masks with captions of, "See? They wore masks and it didn't help! Masks are a lie!"

I fucking hate this planet

JtgVX0H.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Dark Lord Satan heed my call

All those years of sacrifice and dark toil. It all comes to this.

You've got this, hob.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited October 2020

Julie Pace is the Washington Bureau Chief for The Associated Press. The AP is saying that Trump was in fact administered supplemental oxygen at the White House before being transferred to Walter Reed.

jgeis on
    That unnamed source, btw, appears to be Mark Meadows who is on video asking to go 'off record' moments before the press pool went bananas.

And now apparently the Senate is out until the 19th

Here's video of Mark Meadows asking to go off the record with the White House press pool:

• Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    how the fuck is "off the record" even a thing. if the president is in the process of becoming a victim of a plague he helped cause, that shit needs to be reported on and corroborated

if you're a white collar grunt who's gone to the news with evidence that your bosses are doing illegal shit, under those circumstances you get to demand anonymity. you shouldn't have that option if you're the goddamn white house chief of staff

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
    120490514_1457695237773927_3080801778903900636_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Og3L8TIcaVgAX-0KNdj&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.fna&oh=2197df9ba5ed345118c95aa82aab680e&oe=5F9CDCB5

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Who was the young woman that was killed by cops during a wellness check? My Google fu is failing me and all this time I kept thinking it was Breona Taylor .

Which one? Fuck cops

Sandy Guardiola

Atatiana Jefferson

Chantel Moore

Right, it was Atatiana Jefferson. Goddamn there are too many.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular

Julie Pace is the Washington Bureau Chief for The Associated Press. The AP is saying that Trump was in fact administered supplemental oxygen at the White House before being transferred to Walter Reed.

Looking at the comments on that Tweet, there are apparently also a lot of people that believe that he was using a portable oxygen concentrator as he walked to the helicopter and that it was visible in the newscasts of the event.

Bolded is 100% false and a dumb conspiracy that shouldn't be repeated.

zkHcp.jpg
    Kadith wrote: »

Looking at the comments on that Tweet, there are apparently also a lot of people that believe that he was using a portable oxygen concentrator as he walked to the helicopter and that it was visible in the newscasts of the event.

It is a true statement. A lot of people on Twitter are saying it.

As for whether it is true, I imagine we’ll know eventually from leaks.

It is a true statement. A lot of people on Twitter are saying it.

As for whether it is true, I imagine we’ll know eventually from leaks.

No, we know it's false because we have the original pictures and footage from him leaving, drawing red arrows and circles on pictures doesn't make things real.

The supplemental oxygen however is very likely.

zkHcp.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    So the timeline on his treatment and their lack of official notice until after it leaked makes it pretty clear he intentionally went about his fundraising business fully aware he was infected which also they wouldn’t have done if they didn’t intend to try and keep it under wraps entirely.

It really makes me wonder about the arriving too late to be tested debate story. Were they actually just dodging the independent test.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/1RDRaEAahhU

Are yall implying he only admitted it when was symptomatic?

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I find the version where Trump honestly didn't give a shit if he put anyone at risk and actively didn't believe it was possible for him to be infected and so didn't give a fuck about the debate test way more believable.

sig.gif

Yeah sorry, I wasn't really trying to say it was valid, just that a lot of people seem to be into that and it surprised me. I hadn't seen it before the replies to that Tweet, and it was getting a decent amount of traction there. I've edited it out of my original post, should have been more clear.

In other news, the spokesperson for Regeneron has clarified that the President did not in fact receive a polyclonal antibody treatment, and instead recieved two monoclonal treatments:

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    HE HELD RALLIES WHILE KNOWING HE WAS SYMPTOMATIC.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    HE HELD RALLIES WHILE KNOWING HE WAS SYMPTOMATIC.

checks out, yeah

Yeah sorry, I wasn't really trying to say it was valid, just that a lot of people seem to be into that and it surprised me. I hadn't seen it before the replies to that Tweet, and it was getting a decent amount of traction there. I've edited it out of my original post, should have been more clear.

No real harm on your part, just I think there should be a reminder to everyone, this is the perfect environment for conspiracy theories to be created and spread

Basically all we have at this point is speculation

shit is fuckin weird

(also still hilarious)

zkHcp.jpg
    My guess, Trump was betting that he’d stay asymptomatic, and no one would ever know he had it. He didn’t care about collateral damage.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    "It was like they were looking for an excuse just to hurt people.” Harrowing story of an August protest in the Loop that turned into a police riot. Fantastic story by @dudgedudy
    with amazing visual work from @DominicGwinn
    https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/we-just-want-to-go-home/Content?oid=83201246

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    How long did they hide Roosevelt's need for a wheelchair?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Its pretty wild we just don't know who the head of state is right now

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I heard it was Tube

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
This discussion has been closed.