As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PODCASTS: which Backstreet Boys song samples a fart?

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
Asking for a friend.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    also: podcasts!

what's everyone listening to these days

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Like how you can put your ear up to a seashell and hear the ocean butt rock is where you put your ear up to a butt and hear Theory of a Deadman

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I didn't sleep enough last night and lack the focus to even listen to a podcast

The world is a faint buzzing noise

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    FUCK Y'ALL CHINCY HAD MY BACK

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Quit Playing Jams With My Fart

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    something something put your ear up to a butt something travis mcelroy

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    quit playing games with my shart

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Late to the party but I want to give a shout-out to @Poorochondriac for educating everyone on the Hooburrito

Thank you for repping my favorite thing to have ever existed, the Dennys + Warped Tour Presents the Hooburrito by Hoobastank

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Y’all remember Hot Action Cop?

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I've never been a regular Denny's person - I've honestly never had one that readily accessible, or if I did, I also had legit all night diners that I would, generally speaking, rather give my business

But I love their commitment to bizarre promotional tie ins

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    The best thing to come out of the Hobbit movie trilogy was the Denny's tie in deal.

Those fuckin hobbit breakfasts probably took a year off my life but they were worth it.

Dennys-DofS-menu-1024x850.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    The best thing to come out of the Hobbit movie trilogy was the Denny's tie in deal.

Those fuckin hobbit breakfasts probably took a year off my life but they were worth it.

I get some morbid amusement at thinking how Tolkien would react to that.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Fuck, that Hobbit Hole Breakfast looks really good

IKknkhU.gif
    I mean if you were going to promote anything with hobbits massive piles of comfort food is basically the perfect fit.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Fuck, that Hobbit Hole Breakfast looks really good

I was a waiter at a denny's when the hobbit promotion was happening

the hobbit hole sold like gangbusters

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

I get some morbid amusement at thinking how Tolkien would react to that.

honestly? I'm not sure. I can't seem to find anything about Tolkien and diners or fast food.

I reckon he'd probably be alright with it, to some degree? He seems like the type that preferred traditional cooking given his books, but the idea of fast food hobbit breakfasts seems like the thing that might appeal to him just, like, conceptually

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think tolkien would like diners but hate chains

liEt3nH.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think the concern is more with the commercialization/tie-in rather than the food

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    i think tolkien would like diners but hate chains

As exhaustively covered in his two thousand page tome, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dwarves.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Man that Golum game is going to be a fuckin nightmare, huh?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    https://www.scarymommy.com/the-witches-remake-hbo-max/

Seems like Podcast Away will have one more episode than expected!

sig.gif
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'd swap the S tier with the A tier but then we're good. You know Charon has that bomb ass weed and Dusa would constantly be caring for everybody while they got out of hand. Skelly would be the guy doing crazy shit for everybody's entertainment. Finally, dogs and music make everything better.

edit: I'd also totally want Bouldy at my party. Sisyphus can drive him home.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I cannot listen to Behind the Bastards or Worst Year Ever anymore and haven't been able to find the head space or something for either of them for months

I listen to three archery podcasts
    The Push
    A Bunch of B. S.
    The Lethal Podcast

They're the three least objectionable archery podcasts I could find, the other main ones are either too Trumpy, too "all predators should be eliminated so I can have a better chance of harvesting a trophy" or too churchy

Or all three

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Lions led by Donkeys is probs the only consistent one I listen to

The Joseph Medicine Crow episode is pretty good

The source he uses is Crows own book so it's pretty fun

icGJy2C.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I bet Poseidon fuckin sucks out loud to be around for more than eight seconds

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'd bump Asterius up one tier but otherwise that's a good tier list

Oh yeah except Poseidon, no way is he fun to be around.

Tynnan on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The latest Reply All is a weird, twisty, surprisingly-humanist descent into the world of toll-free numbers

It's much more interesting than that may sound

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm pretty sure Hades' Dionysus is actually like D-Tier to party with

liEt3nH.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've been listening the the podcast Knowledge Fight for a few weeks now, which is all about tracking what's going on with Alex Jones and the InfoWars sphere of influence. Yesterday's new episode following Jones' reaction to the first Presidential Debate is great stuff. Jones is so mad at Trump for not parroting Jones' conspiracy theories about Covid and such on the debate stage. Of course, after Trump brings up Hunter Biden, he declares all is forgiven and Trump won the debate handily.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    There’s a podcast called Ashes Ashes that’s about various ways our world I’d totally fucked. Interesting if you have the emotional energy for it.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I sure don't!

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The Renner files is heating up! That's a pretty light-hearted look into just what the actual frick is going on with Jeremy Renner. It's better than it sounds

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I cannot listen to Behind the Bastards or Worst Year Ever anymore and haven't been able to find the head space or something for either of them for months

I listen to three archery podcasts
    The Push
    A Bunch of B. S.
    The Lethal Podcast

They're the three least objectionable archery podcasts I could find, the other main ones are either too Trumpy, too "all predators should be eliminated so I can have a better chance of harvesting a trophy" or too churchy

Or all three

definitely feel this with my hobby of choice

one of my local motorcycle garages has a podcast called Gnar Talk that, in spite of being largely about Harley Davidson customization, is actively working-class leftist and generally hates the whole Sturgis flavor of biker culture

not being an H-D owner, I only drop by that garage once in a while but they're generally a delight to listen to

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Rude Tales folks are playing Among Us with their Fun City cohorts on Twitch Sunday at 2PM ET, for those interested.
    It seems they’re broadcasting on 3 channels: Rude Tales, Bijan Stephen, and Jenn de la Vega (I guess they’re from Fun City)

godmode on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    what time zone? and channel

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Great questions! I updated my post.

godmode on
This discussion has been closed.