As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Black Lives Matter Thread 6

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Let me tell you this right now, Mike Pence doesn't have it. Pence in a lame duck session will not accomplish much and he'll almost certainly lose a giant chunk of the Trump base that got on board for Trump.

Yes Trump has the religious right. Yes he has the greedy sociopaths. Yes he has the part of the republican party that dresses like some sort of ventriloquist dummy supervillian whose power is to dry up every vagina within 50 yards.

...but that's not his base. That's not who he brought to the table when he chased off all the Hank Hill Republicans. Trump's base is made up of guys who put Punisher logos on the F150 they film Youtube rants out of. We're talking about sunburnt upper management for a chain of boat dealerships who "value hard work" but somehow also have the same BMI and odor as a butter glazed ham. Trump's base is guys who meander around the point they're making while misusing words they think will make them sound smart. "Senator Pelosi is trying to gerrymander 40 million dead babies!" It's those hotdog necked psychos who identify with Trump not so much on the material basis of class but as the rich guy they would be if they were a rich guy.

Mike Pence can't lead that. That milquetoast Claude Frollo looking wiener? They'll almost certainly whip themselves into a QAnon conspiracy hole when their 4chan posting failson tells them he heard that Pence poisoned Trump with a COVID laced cheeseburger. Beyond that Pence is boring. The thing that keeps a significant portion of Trumpers going is how angry he makes the libs but Pence isn't out there being epic on Twitter for them.

So yeah, I'm perfectly fine with Pence taking over if it means the Republican party fractures into the guys they always had and the alt-right assholes who previously weren't voting because politicians weren't "telling it like it is."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Special K wrote: »
    Wow nothing could convince me more that he's bedridden than saying he wants documents

I'm becoming steadily more sure Meadows is running a scheme of some sort here, but I'm confused as to what the end goal is.

"do and say what the president or president's staff tell you"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Pence has all the personal charisma of a pound of frozen turkey burger

• KadithKadith Registered User regular

Ron Johnson, repub senator who tested positive attended repub speaking event after receiving result

🙏please let republicans continue to cause cascading super spreader events among themselves🙏

zkHcp.jpg
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Uriel wrote: »
    Pence has all the personal charisma of a pound of frozen turkey burger

One of the weird quirks of the whole Trump "thing" is that he surrounded himself with GOP castoffs and hangers-on whose careers were otherwise over. Pence, Graham, Sessions, Barr, and many others had become fringe figures in their own party, which is why they tied themselves to Trump's rise. The biggest exceptions was Christie, who was seen as a legitimate presidential contender before Trump's repeated public humiliations.

Whether they can continue to remain in charge is unknown, but I suspect the GOP stalwarts they displaced will bring out the knives to regain control if Trump dies.

Phillishere on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

AOC wrote:
    That’s if the GOP can even sustain a quorum.

If not, Dems can call roll and potentially delay proceedings - and we should.

We shouldn’t give McConnell an inch. Every minute matters.

mitch wants to halt senate hearings until the 19th

PiptheFair on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If they lose quorum then the Senate may, for the first time in who knows how long, actually be considered in recess.

This would however be a TERRIBLE thing because the whole reason they started the not-in-recess nonsense was because when they are the President can just shove in their Supreme Court pick "temporarily" for a period of time and previous Presidents absolutely did this back when the Senate and President were not all of the same party and the former weren't complete sycophants of the latter.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mitch definitely has the rona.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Trump destroys the reublican party in ways we didnt concieve of.

Neat.

https://youtu.be/wfzHT_7Nirk

Sorry for the comment earlier, meant it to be an American Dad reference to fit in with you youngins

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    If they lose quorum then the Senate may, for the first time in who knows how long, actually be considered in recess.

This would however be a TERRIBLE thing because the whole reason they started the not-in-recess nonsense was because when they are the President can just shove in their Supreme Court pick "temporarily" for a period of time and previous Presidents absolutely did this back when the Senate and President were not all of the same party and the former weren't complete sycophants of the latter.

Fortunately, the only way that could happen would be for the President to be conscious and able to do it

sig.gif
    Do not want him to die, but realistically, at this point, if everything so far is true he's going to loose so many cells to the virus and treatment, he'll be as good as dead and make George Burns at 99 look like Lou Ferrigno

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Do not want him to die, but realistically, at this point, if everything so far is true he's going to loose so many cells to the virus and treatment, he'll be as good as dead and make George Burns at 99 look like Lou Ferrigno

I think we can hypothetical criticize the future someone without mocking their hypothetical appearance

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Fortunately, the only way that could happen would be for the President to be conscious and able to do it

If they invoke the 25th and succeed then Pence can handle the actual task. If he's not in the same condition anyway.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular

Chris Christie has checked himself into the hospital at the direction of his doctors.

zkHcp.jpg
    edited October 2020

I think we can hypothetical criticize the future someone without mocking their hypothetical appearance

Not look look, but that contrasted his physical condition afterwards, George Burns, grade on ability on a curve, would have been closer to the incredible hulk than 45

RoyceSraphim on
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Over 200,000 dead to these assholes, and those are just the easy ones to count.

I hope every one of McConnell's dreams and plans is crushed by this shit.

He's earned far worse.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »

He's earned far worse.

They let this happen because they thought it would only effect liberal cities. That's documented. They keep pretending it isn't real to pump up the stock market. That's documented. They encourage white supremacist militias to harm protestors while using federal troops to round people up in unmarked vans. Again, documented.

That's not even getting into the concentration camps for kids or the various war crimes in the Middle East and Afghanistan. Or the knock-on deaths and lives destroyed by their many, many horrific domestic and international policies.

I can not even pretend to care about their health and well-being.

edited October 2020
    Kids in cages are a symptom of larger issues in central and south America

Obama failed to meaningfully change course, 45 largely ignored the region except for his "third state" policy.

Not to mention his ... charisma aiding the worst sort of leaders Brazil and Guatemala while entrenching Maduro and his dietary plan

RoyceSraphim on
  • PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Label wrote: »

He's earned far worse.

They let this happen because they thought it would only effect liberal cities. That's documented. They keep pretending it isn't real to pump up the stock market. That's documented. They encourage white supremacist militias to harm protestors while using federal troops to round people up in unmarked vans. Again, documented.

That's not even getting into the concentration camps for kids or the various war crimes in the Middle East and Afghanistan. Or the knock-on deaths and lives destroyed by their many, many horrific domestic and international policies.

I can not even pretend to care about their health and well-being.

I care very much about the status of their health. This is the best I've felt it months.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Remember when Paul Reiser gets eaten by the xenomorphs in Aliens after he had risked everyone's lives for his own profit, and it's funny/satisfying?

The GOP getting Covid is funny/satisfying for the same reason.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    See also: Peter Stormare getting nibbled to death in The Lost World after tasing the compies a bunch

sig.gif
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular

Obama failed to meaningfully change course, 45 largely ignored the region except for his "third state" policy.

Not to mention his ... charisma aiding the worst sort of leaders Brazil and Guatemala while entrenching Maduro and his dietary plan

people emigrating here is a symptom of larger issues in central and south america. kids in cages are a symptom of the ruling class of this country having a criminally narrow definition of who counts as human

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Will they try to weekend at Bernies trump you think?

vEaRQgH.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Oh God, the Kant/Bentham/Marx one...*chef's kiss*

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Oh God, the Kant/Bentham/Marx one...*chef's kiss*

Click through to his/her page, there's more.

Jragghen on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    So, about those documents he was reviewing...

Spoilers: they're blank pages. Because they're too lazy to even find a proper prop.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    good god damn

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »

Spoilers: they're blank pages. Because they're too lazy to even find a proper prop.

Is that...a black Sharpie marker?

They didn't bother to grab an actual pen?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Trump never uses anything but a Sharpie for some reason. Seriously, look up pictures from literally any time he's signed a bill, it is always with a Sharpie.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I think the assumption is his eyesight is going and he refuses to wear glasses, so he can't read his own writing unless it's in sharpie.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Probably because it’s the most well known “permanent” marker, and he’s a rube

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »

They've pulled this before

• MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    The Q people are having a normal weekend

Hunt for Red October indeed

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Is the plan underway?

Or is it... under weigh?

Really hope Tucker Carlson catches covid based on today's rape victim comments.

people emigrating here is a symptom of larger issues in central and south america. kids in cages are a symptom of the ruling class of this country having a criminally narrow definition of who counts as human

I suppose you're right.

This discussion has been closed.