As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2031648
    The Tampa Bay Lightning's celebration with the Stanley Cup will likely look different than usual.

The team will host a boat parade along the city's Riverwalk and Hillsborough River at 5 p.m. on Wednesday to celebrate the Cup win. Fans are encouraged to gather safely along the Riverwalk.

"The Stanley Cup is once again coming home to Tampa, and we could not be more proud of the Tampa Bay Lightning for embodying the resilient, fighting spirit of the Tampa Bay community and for bringing the Cup home," Tampa Bay mayor Jane Castor said.

"Despite every challenge this past year, Tampa continues to ensure that our comeback is even greater than any setback. Thank you to our team for working hard, playing hard, and giving our community something to celebrate. We cannot wait for Stanley to get than tan."

There will also be a celebration at Raymond James Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, with socially distant pod seating available.

Looks like they're doing a boat parade instead of a normal one and then going to have an event at Ray Jay that evening.

Good for the team keeping social distancing, but I’m going to hazard a guess that the fans will be packed along Riverwalk so I’m going to skip it. Also, not going into Ray Jay even if they do say their doing social distancing. To bad we win in the year of the plague and Florida being the stupidest state with precautions.

50433.png?1708759015
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    The Tampa Bay Lightning's celebration with the Stanley Cup will likely look different than usual.

The team will host a boat parade along the city's Riverwalk and Hillsborough River at 5 p.m. on Wednesday to celebrate the Cup win. Fans are encouraged to gather safely along the Riverwalk.

"The Stanley Cup is once again coming home to Tampa, and we could not be more proud of the Tampa Bay Lightning for embodying the resilient, fighting spirit of the Tampa Bay community and for bringing the Cup home," Tampa Bay mayor Jane Castor said.

"Despite every challenge this past year, Tampa continues to ensure that our comeback is even greater than any setback. Thank you to our team for working hard, playing hard, and giving our community something to celebrate. We cannot wait for Stanley to get than tan."

There will also be a celebration at Raymond James Stadium at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, with socially distant pod seating available.

Looks like they're doing a boat parade instead of a normal one and then going to have an event at Ray Jay that evening.

Good for the team keeping social distancing, but I’m going to hazard a guess that the fans will be packed along Riverwalk so I’m going to skip it. Also, not going into Ray Jay even if they do say their doing social distancing. To bad we win in the year of the plague and Florida being the stupidest state with precautions.

Yuuup. I did buy a bunch of merch last night though so that was fun!

96058.png?1619393207
    Bullhead wrote: »

I wanted to buy some merch but being Covid poor makes it unable to happen. You need to wear all your Merch at one time and post a pic.

50433.png?1708759015
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »

I wanted to buy some merch but being Covid poor makes it unable to happen. You need to wear all your Merch at one time and post a pic.

I will! Though it will take a bit, the order has expected delivery dates of...
    10/8
    10/13
    10/19
    and 10/26.

The 10/26 makes me sad as that's my new stanley cup champ flag for out front :(

96058.png?1619393207
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Those are....Penguins colours now??

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    They remind me more of Nashville’s mustard jersey.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Huh. Just found out that (1) the guy who was the King's mascot who I used to play hockey with had still been with the Kings, but (2) he got accused of sexual harassment earlier this year, and (3) the Kings have fired him. I presume they fired him after completing their own investigation.

That's disheartening.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Lehner re-signs in LV, Jarry re-signs in Pitt. And for some reason the Sharks are going to trade for Dubynk??

The goalie market this off-season is fascinating. Presumably Fleury and maybe Matt Murray will both be on the move.

:so_raven:
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    It's going to be a crowded market this year.
    Fleury
    Murray
    Andersen
    Markstrom
    Holtby
    Hank (got bought out by NYR)
    Crawford
    Greiss
    Khudobin

All free agents this off-season

Edit: sorry, Fleury isn't a FA but he's rumored to be on the block. Could he be the #1 G for *two* NHL teams' inaugural seasons?

Mugsley on
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Lundqvist got bought out so he's in the market too.

Ton of contracts coming up this off season since the CBA was set to expire this year.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Somehow the Oilers will still end up with shit goaltending, I can just feel it.

:so_raven:
    edited October 2020
    Rask is reportedly on the trade block as well.

Jayricho on
    It'll never happen but I'd love to see Rask end up in Toronto or LV

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    The Stars have stated that they are going to try to keep Khudobin, but I just don't see how they are going to accomplish it.

LD50 wrote: »
    The Stars have stated that they are going to try to keep Khudobin, but I just don't see how they are going to accomplish it.

Trade off Bishop

50433.png?1708759015

Trade off Bishop

I think they should. They have Jake Oettinger waiting in the wings, and Dobby has been a more solid goalie than Bishop.

Trade off Bishop

I think they should. They have Jake Oettinger waiting in the wings, and Dobby has been a more solid goalie than Bishop.

And I like Bishop, from his years with Tampa, but you’d probably do better with Khudobin as 1st while they train a replacement.

50433.png?1708759015

Trade off Bishop

And I like Bishop, from his years with Tampa, but you’d probably do better with Khudobin as 1st while they train a replacement.

Yeah. Both Dobby and Bishop have been great, but Dobby has been both great and healthy. I don't think they can afford to pay 2 starting goalies.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Is it a cap issue? Just he's going to be worth more than they can pay?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

Trade off Bishop

Yeah. Both Dobby and Bishop have been great, but Dobby has been both great and healthy. I don't think they can afford to pay 2 starting goalies.

Possibly, but the league is moving to more of a platoon setup for goalies. 1A and 1B with load management.

Mugsley wrote: »

Trade off Bishop

Possibly, but the league is moving to more of a platoon setup for goalies. 1A and 1B with load management.
    Brody wrote: »

To answer both in one answer. Sure it could work if you have 2 people willing to share the starting spot. That is also if you can afford them both, and the one that’s getting paid less is willing to agree. Has it been done before? Yes. But I can’t remember who they were but I didn’t think they were both “Starting” quality Goalkeepers? I could be wrong.

50433.png?1708759015
    I mean, they have 15m cap left, is Khudobin's new contract likely to eat all of that, or do they need that many other players?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Mugsley wrote: »

Trade off Bishop

Brody wrote: »

To answer both in one answer. Sure it could work if you have 2 people willing to share the starting spot. That is also if you can afford them both, and the one that’s getting paid less is willing to agree. Has it been done before? Yes. But I can’t remember who they were but I didn’t think they were both “Starting” quality Goalkeepers? I could be wrong.

You can argue Fleury + Lehner but the season was in all kinds of chaos by that point.

I think Murray and Jarry were a platoon this past season. No?

Halak and Rask, as well.

I don't know if the stars are normally a cap limit team, but they have to sign 7 more players, and while the restricted free agents don't have a lot of leverage, some of them Faksa, Gurinov, and especially Hintz are all due for raises.

15 mil for 7 players including a starting goalie isn't a ton of space

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular

Elliotte Friedman: "Jack Johnson on waivers for purposes of buyout"

@Burtletoy Have you cracked open the champagne yet?

Saw an article today that said the Leafs are giving Spezza another opportunity at a Cup but they’ve also re-signed him for another year. Kinda sending mixed signals there.

Waivers just means another team can offer a trade for the player? And if no one takes the option, he just goes to the AHL, or does he just go home and take his yearly salary from the couch?

Waivers means another team can take his contract, no need to trade. Waiver wire transactions are free.

And, kinda. In this situation it is "waivers > buyout" not "waiver > ahl"

The buyout is a clause in the nhl/nhlpa trade agreement that says your team can cancel your contract, if they feel like it. Jack Johnson will still get paid, but its a different pay schedule and amount than was originally in his contract

Remember that Jack Johnson a few years ago, sued his parents because they were in charge of his estate and they decided to take out millions of dollars in high interest loans against his potential future contracts, and Jack is super in debt because he trusted his parents to not be assholes.

Like, I feel bad for the guy, but I also don't want him on my hockey team.

Yeah. I was able to find stuff pretty easily describing buyout, but it's been a while since I looked into waivers, and it was a pain to find something without a bunch of time digging. Kept getting compliance buyouts.

So if another team wanted him, they would just pick up the rest of his contract, or sign a new contract with him? Is the cost of a trade separate from the things traded that big of a deal?

Like, separately, if someone traded player A for player B, each valued at 6mil over 3 years, would there be some cost paid to ?the NHPLA?

edited October 2020
    If another team wanted him they would have two choices, claim him off waivers which would keep his contract. And waiver claims are processed in the opposite order of the teams rank in the standings, or since the season is over, the previous seasons final standings.

Alternatively, since the penguins have signaled their intention to buy him out, a team that wants him could wait until after his contract is bought out, then negotiate a new contract, and now Johnson gets two paychecks a month, instead of one.

I guess a third option is they could trade for him, which would also be still on his current contract (no-move/no-trade clauses are not necessarily retained after a trade, but generally are)

There is never a "cost" paid during a trade, in that sense. I just meant, they don't have to give the penguins anything, unless they took option 3 I mentioned above.

Burtletoy on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Lundqvist never lifting the cup might be the saddest story of this generation of hockey to me

it's a shame even when the Rangers were "good", they weren't really that good and he carried a disproportionate amount of the weight

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Hank's numbers are ungodly when you adjust for the teams he was working behind. Even when they were good

I’m more disappointed that Iginla never got a Cup.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »

He and Duchene and Stastny and O'reilly were the chosen ones.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »

Parallax :(

https://youtu.be/PwZ3IpGJAmQ

McDavid tested positive for coronavirus

Yikes

Draft Day today and I need some action. Going through withdrawals already. Summertime hockey was intoxicating. Somebody do something ridiculous!

This discussion has been closed.