As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Lives Matter Thread 6

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Remember when Sinéad O'Connor ripped up a picture of the pope because she had been sexually abused by the Church, but spoke out before everyone knew it, and was banned by Loren Michaels because "she got political" or whatever the fuck? Let's see that asshole try that again.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Who is she talking about when she means "sellout negroes?"

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

The AG of Kentucky is the one who tried to blame the lack of charges on Breonna Taylor's murderers on the Grand Jury.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The people in Africa that sold their brethren into slavery.

sig.gif
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    This discussion makes me think of this poem I was shown in a college class years ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlssG718dDQ

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    The people in Africa that sold their brethren into slavery.

Not a lot of people make that connection, I'm surprised she did.

On that note, there's a book by a former slave who was a slave in West Africa and Colonial America, where he contrasts the two.

Okay, it wasn't Omar Ibn Said

Here it is, The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

Busy men being important and not dead

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    At least the papers Kim is marking are not blank.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Becoming more and more convinced that the way this goes is he rushes through his treatment to get out of the hospital and either gets it again or his body breaks down and he kicks it of pneumonia or whatever

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Busy men being important and not dead

I don't find the comparisons to North Korea or the Soviet Union to be especially clever or hilarious, considering it's just... how American politics have been, just continually increasing in intensity over the past decades.

• Options
    Well I wouldnt compare the politics of those three things but I would compare the "look I am not a corpse" genre of photography as specifically highlighted in that picture because it is fucking funny

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    it's gonna be a lot of fun when the qanoners refuse to believe he's actually dead

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    it's gonna be a lot of fun when the qanoners refuse to believe he's actually dead

I was thinking about this last night, about the odds they all write him in anyway and throw their votes away

It's certainly unproductive to be gaming out these scenarios but that's one that spring fully formed into my mind

• Options
    Bloody hell is this shit depressing. Waiting and waiting for the next chapter to be written.

https://youtu.be/hJMBubNUr1s

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

But there's pictures of him going over documents! He's fine! Totally fine

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I was thinking about this last night, about the odds they all write him in anyway and throw their votes away

It's certainly unproductive to be gaming out these scenarios but that's one that spring fully formed into my mind

well it's not throwing it away, the votes count and go to whoever is replacing him, in this case pence

this wouldn't be our first dead guy election

I still fondly remember john ashcroft losing to a corpse is missouri

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

well it's not throwing it away, the votes count and go to whoever is replacing him, in this case pence

this wouldn't be our first dead guy election

I still fondly remember john ashcroft losing to a corpse is missouri

I actually did not know that!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Heck, here’s a list of 6 US politicians who have been elected while dead in the 2000s alone.

I personally remember Hof’s election from the last midterm!

• Options

"Oh you thought I said witch doctor! No I'm a which doctor, as in, what am I even doing"

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    True to form they're claiming he's doing much better and could be discharged as early as tomorrow, meanwhile he's apparently on a steroid that's only indicated for patients on oyxgen or a vent.

Yeah sounds like things are going great, guys.

• Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    so uh, have we had any proof of life since he got to the hospital?

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Some wishful thinking I think

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Also even if we take this at face value:

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    so uh, have we had any proof of life since he got to the hospital?

Yeah, they posted a picture of him signing what was later revealed to be a blank piece of paper, and a video where he spoke of doing very well and ready to get back to work, which was later revealed to be at least partially edited.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    It's interesting that they'd offer the info that he's being given dexamethasone. If I'm reading things right, the evidence supporting dex in covid is for patients who are somewhat sicker than just "mild"

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    It's interesting that they'd offer the info that he's being given dexamethasone. If I'm reading things right, the evidence supporting dex in covid is for patients who are somewhat sicker than just "mild"

Yup.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Yup.

as tempting as it is to read into that, i could also see him just being a big fussy baby and demanding they gave him any medicine they got

we know so little about what's going on and what's true and what's misinformation, i'm hitting a point where I'm kinda just tuning out all the updates about it. lemme know when he's either better or (hopefully) dead

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Someone with more direct clinical knowledge than me can correct me if I’m wrong about this, but my understanding is that dex is not a drug you’d want to just give someone who didn’t absolutely need it.

This feels like they’re throwing the kitchen sink at him and that’s just not something you do unless you need to.

Tynnan on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I would throw a kitchen sink

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Come on man, let's be real

It'd be easier to drop it, like an ACME anvil style

• Options

Yup.

as tempting as it is to read into that, i could also see him just being a big fussy baby and demanding they gave him any medicine they got

we know so little about what's going on and what's true and what's misinformation, i'm hitting a point where I'm kinda just tuning out all the updates about it. lemme know when he's either better or (hopefully) dead

Well, as I understand it, at his age, you do not have the maneuvering room to say fuckit with your options the way you would with a teenager.

No allergy having little Billy, Tattooine.

His 90 year old drinking grandfather whose cancer is in remission....final level of Strike Suit Zero.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Come on you repulsive fuck

Be October's big moment, do the right thing and cop it

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    my birthday is Saturday this coming week and I know what *I* want for it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Yup.

According to this info, that steroid is actively harmful to patients who do not need it:

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

Thats impossible. As Trump has taught us, one can't even throw a brick, its way too heavy.

burbo on
  • Options
    MMX44QO.jpg

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

hold up, let me give you a hand

RsMU18e.gif

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    My wife is an ICU doctor who has been treating covid patients continuously since March. She was positively giddy when she heard that he's on dexamethasone.

As that tweet from Craig Spencer points out, at a minimum it means that he requires supplemental oxygen right now. And you do not give it to someone who has a mild case.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/white-house-misused-rapid-covid-19-tests-face-masks.html

I just can't with these fucking morons. Imagine refusing to use condoms because you have access to a pregnancy test

This discussion has been closed.