As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited March 2021 in Games and Technology

dIL7nNd.png
The Switch is Nintendo's 7th home console 5th handheld newest hardware. After the Wii U's struggles over the past four years, especially with advertising and PR, this is Nintendo's comeback kid.

As the name implies, the Switch is a hybrid console, capable of going between standard TV play and on-the-go gaming. The console itself is actually just a thin, tablet-esque bit of hardware that's like a slightly smaller and less bulky Wii U gamepad. But don't be confused: whereas the gamepad was just a screen that streamed from the Wii U itself, the Switch is a fully independent console. It has a capacitive touch screen (a departure from Nintendo's preference for resistive), two slots on the side for controller attachments, Wi-Fi, and uses a USB-C cable to charge. Due to its mobile nature, it uses cartridges to play games. There are three main ways to play:

0SgPsNn.png
TV Mode
This the traditional couch playing mode. The Switch comes with a dock that uses an HDMI cable to broadcast the Switch to your TV. This is where the Switch acts like a regular home console, and there's not much else to say. You can play using the game's controller (Joycons) separated or together (there is a grip included in box to give the joycons a controller form factor, but it does NOT charge the Joycons), or you can opt for something more typical like the pro controller (Sold Separately).

lwj0MDJ.jpg
Handheld Mode
The mobile mode, this is just taking the Switch out of the dock and playing on it. The Joycons slide on to each half of the console, giving you a more handheld experience. Battery life will vary based on the game and what you are doing, with estimates being a broad 2-6 hours. Breath of Wild was used as a benchmark, going three hours on a single charge. People are saying something like Shovel Knight can go as long as 7 hours. The general rule of thumb is that polygon-based games will drain the battery roughly twice as fast as ones uses sprites or less demanding graphics. Switches can also connect to up to seven additional Switches for local multiplayer purposes.

oCSjfHq.jpg
Tabletop Mode
Tabletop mode is basically handheld, but the Switch has a little kickstand that lets you prop it up. Each half of a Joycon can operate as its own independent controller, so you can use this mode to play games with another person. The Joycons also have an attachment called a strap that slides in and gives you better L/R button and a bit more grip. It's worth noting that ALL controllers work in this mode, including the pro controller, so you don't need a bunch of joycons.

Oh, and the Switch isn't region locked. You will have to make foreign accounts on your Switch for each market, AND switching markets in the eShop empties your wallet, but it is possible and easy!

pKdbuRi.png

There are two models of the Switch.

8r8EO2U.jpg
The Standard Switch retails for $299.99, and it comes with the following:
  • Switch Console
  • TV Dock
  • Left and Right Joycons
  • Joycon Wrist Straps
  • Joycon Grip (NOT a charging grip)
  • HDMI Cable
  • AC Adapter
You have the option to buy a Switch with black Joycons or Red/Blue Joycons. CHOICES! There is also no shortage of bundles coming out, and they usually save you some cash by coming with a game or extra accessory, so I'd keep an eye out for those instead of buying the base system.
NOTICE: BUY THE LATEST MODEL. It has a fairly decent boost to battery life over the launch model at no other expense. This doesn't release until August 2019, but it will be worth the wait!

ymnS42y.jpg
The Switch Lite retails at $199.99, and it comes with the following:
  • Switch Lite Console
  • AC Adapter
  • That's it
The Switch is an obvious budget model aimed at people who don't care about the dock and just want those games. It is smaller than the Switch, with a 5.5 screen, has a somewhat better battery, joycons that are fused to the system (and have d-pads!), and the inability to dock. Despite presumably having the same USB-C port to charge. For more details, check out this huge fuck-off chart:
xzkfi3zbei931.png
I'd only get the Lite for like...a kid. Or if you just 100% don't nor never will care about docked mode. Because for the cost of like, 1.5 games you can get a lot more flexibility and features.

Need more crap? Accessories are available if you got cash to burn. Remember that a lot of these won't work with the Lite. Do your research!
qY2lGed.jpg
MSRP: $69.99
Want a more traditional controller? That'll be seventy bucks, pal. As a bonus, it comes with a USB to USB-C cable that can also charge the Switch itself, and the Pro can connect to your bluetooth-enabled PC with little difficulty. The Pro has most of the features of the joycons, including motion controls, HD rumble, and NFC support. I don't think it has the infrared scanner thing, however.

2lSUmW0.jpg
MSRP: $79.99
Additional Joycons can be purchased for a hefty fee. They do come with two straps, however.

pmemXGu.jpgE7hNz9V.jpg
MSRP: $49.99
Lose just ONE Joycon? Nintendo has got you covered, although they will charge you an extra ten dollars more than what they cost bundled together. Because business.

22W0iUI.jpg
MSRP: $29.99
That pro controller sure was pricey, wasn't it? Well, for less than half the cost, you can just slap your joycons in this thing and get a similar experience while pretending it's a dog or something. This one also charges your joycons while they're connected to it, unlike the one that comes with the Switch because Nintendo is cheap.

HUpSshu.jpg
MSRP: $14.99
Because you really want a wheel icon next to your name in Mario Kart. Slap a joycon in and race or just use it as a very awkward controller grip.

Z9IINT0.jpg
MSRP: $89.99
Breakdowns of the dock expose this thing as being hilariously overpriced. Please don't buy it.

z8rzxC7.png
The Switch will probably be Nintendo's biggest step forward regarding online play since it actually added online services to its hardware. It seems like Nintendo is finally learning from its contemporaries, having all online stuff managed from your Nintendo account. Sadly, Nintendo is also learning from its contemporaries in that they're going to charge us just to play online. The good news is that the service is fairly cheap, being $3.99 on a month by month basis, or $20 for a year. Another popular thing to do is join in with other people on a Family Account, which is $34.99 a year for up to eight people. That's less than five bucks a YEAR, so I'd definitely go that route if you can find the people. Check out the chart to see what a subscription gets you versus being a plebeian who thinks online play should be a basic free service.
1Cfjnc8.png
The monthly game downloads may have caught your eye. Nintendo is doing something new, and they're launching a Netflix-esque service for their catalog of classic games. While subscribed to Nintendo Online, you'll have access this library along with bonus features like online leaderboards and multiplayer. It's (currently) just NES titles, and they've been adding new titles each month. There's also been little bonuses for subscribers, like the free Tetris 99 game or a coupon to save $20 on two games. Nothing outrageous just yet, but something to keep an eye on.

2l2JFV7.png
What's the battery life for everything?
The Switch: 2-6 hours (Launch iteration), 3-7 hours (Switch Lite), or 4.5-9 hours (2019 iteration) depending on the game. As a rule of thumb, 3D games like Zelda or Mario will last about three-five hours. A game with sprites or 2D effects like Shovel Knight will last about 6-9 hours.
Joycons: 20 hours. Note that that do not draw power from the Switch when attached to it and in portable mode.
Pro Controller: 40 hours. The dock does have three USB ports that can be used to charge.

Is the Switch backwards compatible?
No, it uses carts and has no disc drive to play Wii U media. And no, it's also not backwards compatible with the 3DS, DS, or any other Nintendo system.

Do the carts really taste bad?
Yes, they are coated in denatonium benzoate, which is one of the most bitter compounds for humans. It's meant as a deterrent against children eating them. Don't lick the cart, dummy.

Can I go online in portable mode?
Yes. Also, while it has no browser, if you are at a place with Wi-Fi, there will be an applet that lets you pay/agree to their terms so you can get online.

Are there seriously friend codes?
Yeah, who knows why. The good news is that when you punch in someone's code, they'll get a request instead of playing this game of "Did you send it?" Furthermore, more options are set to be added like traditional friend requests through your Nintendo account, which...raises the question of why use friend codes in the first place.

Is the Switch region-locked?
Nope! Import to your heart's content. You can even switch regions on the eShop, BUT you will lose whatever current balance your account has in its current region. So spend your money first.

Can I connect to the TV using third-party USB-C cables?
No, for whatever reason the Switch must be docked to display on the TV.

Can I recharge the Switch using a portable power bank used for cell phones?
Depends on the amperage and voltage. There are now power banks specifically designed for the Switch, so I'd recommend those first. But those are pricey, so a phone one can work in a pinch. Just keep in mind that you will, at best, maintain battery while playing off a power bank. It just isn't strong enough to meet the wattage demands of the Switch. Power banks for laptops work better, but at that price point you may as well just get one guaranteed to work.

Which screen protector should I used?

Tempered glass. While plastic ones are cheaper, they themselves are prone to being easily scratched, which means you'll have to replace them every so often. On top of this, tempered glass feels better when using the touch screen, and they tend to be easier to apply (fewer bubbles). Tempered glass will set you back more cash, but you'll save more in the long run. Right now, amFilm is the screen of choice for most people.

How much memory does the Switch have?
32 GB, of which around 25 is usable. For reference, Breath of the Wild uses around 13GB. You can use micro-SD cards to expand the memory. Because Switch carts are so small, I recommend a micro-SD with plenty of memory, because Switch games will be large and it defeats the purpose of going digital if instead of 32GB carts you're just swapping 32GB SD cards. A Sandisk Ultra with 128GB of memory should last you a while.

Can the pro controller cable be used to charge the Switch?

Yes, the cable that comes with the Pro Controller can be used like any other USB to USB-C cable. Hook it up to power banks, charge your pro controller through your PC's USB ports: go wild.

Where's Virtual Console?

It's dead, Jim. There's been rumors of a VC successor, but as of E3 2019 only the Switch Online service offers classic Nintendo titles.

Does this mean end of the line for the 3DS/Wii U?

As of 2019, Nintendo has ended support for the Wii U and 3DS. Long live the Switch.

HgpHq3s.png
The Switch has games, making it a true revolution in the industry. Oh, and in case you missed it: the Switch is not region locked. You can create separate accounts for other regions and access their eShops there.

G&T Approved!
The following games are almost unanimously praised by the community. If you need a place to start, make it here.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Snipperclips
Fast RMX
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Blaster Master Zero
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Tumbleseed
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Disgaea 5
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Sonic Mania
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Pokkén Tournament DX
Fire Emblem Warriors
Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Doom
Steamworld Dig 2
Mummy Demastered
Has Been Heroes
Resident Evil Revelations I & II
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

But what other games are good?

There are a lot of games on the Switch and some of the good ones might slip past you. Not the obvious stuff like BotW and Odyssey, but the smaller gems that go unnoticed. With so many games getting released, it's hard to keep up. So the PA folks are gonna compile some mini-reviews of these great titles in the following format:

Name
Price (mention if digital only here)
Genres
Similar games
1-2 sentence review with pros and cons

For example:
Golf Story
$14.99 (eShop only)
Golf/RPG
Mario Golf GBA
A fun and addictive golfing game that has a lot of customization. Some of the NPC side quest stuff drags a bit, but not enough to ruin the fun. Highly recommended!

Penny Arcade mini-reviews:

Dresdenphile suggests:
  • Kamiko
  • $4.99 (eShop only)
  • Action
  • Zelda 1?
  • This short indie game tasks players — who control the titular priestess Kamiko — to take down demons and complete puzzles along the way, racking up combos. With 3 characters to choose from, each playthrough handles differently.

UncleSporky suggests:
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse
  • $15 (eShop only)
  • Multiplayer Competitive Platformer
  • Similar games: nothing really like it. Gang Beasts or Duck Game?
  • Players take turns adding wacky, dangerous pieces to a level to hopefully prevent others from reaching the flag, while not making it so impossible that they themselves can't make it. Amazing party game.

Jazz suggests:
  • Sega Ages Virtua Racing
  • $7.99 (eShop only)
  • Arcade racing
  • F1 meets Out Run, maybe?
  • Groundbreaking 1992 racing game from the early days of fast 3D in arcades. The Switch port is upgraded from the original arcade game, courtesy of retro wizards M2, with big performance improvements and even replicating the arcade's 8-player setup if you're so inclined. Great fun in short blasts without eating all your quarters!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I think the original post should have more Shantae. Pretty soon the whole series will be available on the system.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Have to say, Super Mario Bros 35 may be pretty basic and repetative, but damn it can really be addictive. Only got first place 3 times but even getting in the top 5 can be a blast. Though any time I die during the first stage is an embarrassment.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    It's a fun palette cleanser before bed for me

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    New thread smell.

I can't wait for Ghost of a tale to release on the switch it looks absolutely charming. Also keeping my eye out for Vigil the longest night it's got that bloodborne/dark souls 2d metsoulvania look that i'm hopelessly addicted to

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Wait, what are warps?

How reading this made me feel:

kJ7.gif
    ...unless there's some other explanation, of course. But my first thought was "Oh god, am I that old now?" I have no idea what age Brody is, though.

It's all good, I'm old enough to have caught the tail end of the NES. My baby sitter gave me a bunch of maps he made for Zelda.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I picked up a physical copy of 3D Allstars, honestly not sure I want to open and would rather just get digital because finding my Luigi’s Mansion case to change cartridges would be a hassle.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My daughter was playing Mario Odyssey and came upstairs to tell me that she couldn't get into the Odyssey. I told her to open the map and teleport to the ship like she knows how to do.

"But daddy, the Odyssey isn't there. It's on top of the hat."
    "What? Honey, the only time that happens is at the beg....oh...oh no."

I run downstairs to find that she's started a new game. I open the save files and there's only one, with my 800 Moon file missing. Yup, all that work gone.

On the plus side, she's getting to experience the full game now with chasing after Bowser, the frozen desert, purple coins, and so on. Of course, she's too afraid to do anything with enemies, so we're "working together" (ie. I do all the hard work, she collects the moons) to save Peach.
    Come to find out later, that she logged in with her own profile instead of mine, so all my Mario stuff is safe! Of course, I'm keeping her on her own profile (Toadette w/a red background) so she can enjoy the game from the start.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Apparently Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered is coming to Switch, though it hasn't been officially announced yet.

https://nintendoeverything.com/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered-seemingly-coming-to-switch-in-november-details-and-screenshots-revealed/
    New information about the long-rumored Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered has apparently made it out from a Japanese retailer. The big news is that, supposedly, the game will launch for Switch on November 6 – at least in Japan.

We also have the following details and screenshots:

– Made by Burnout Paradise Remastered developer Stellar Entertainment
    – Physical version seems to have an internet download like some other Switch games
    – All DLC included
    – About six hours of additional gameplay
    – 30+ challenges
    – Over 30 challenges
    – Supports cross-play

EA is expected to make Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered official on Monday.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Super Mario Bros 35 is pretty damn fun! Was on a roll playing earlier and got first place twice, with only a couple games played in-between.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    We started playing Luigi's Mansion 3 for Spooktober. It's got some legit creepy moments! And I love Luigi's scared animations, the way he briskly walks away from stuff. So good.

Also they did an admirable job constructing uh... "dialogue" out of Mario catch phrases in that intro movie.

Oh brilliant
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I lost interest in LM3. Maybe I should go back to it.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Posting to fix unread issue. To contribute, my Switch use is on and off. I can go months without touching it. But damn if it hasn't paid for itself in flights alone. What a life changer for long international flights.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    I got 1st in Mario 35, yay!

This thread won't let me post a picture from my phone cos it's too big, boo!

The Switch will let me post a pic to Twitter and Facebook, which I don't use, boo!

You'll just have to trust me on this one, yay?

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Listening to my kids playing Goose game in co-op and roleplaying as a romantic goose couple is the funniest thing I tell you what.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    My first Mario 35 first of today netted me my second highest Most Coins Collected total, knocked out all three daily achievements in one swoop, and got me from level 44 to level 48! (Plus 2 new icons)

NNID: Rehab0
  • Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    I managed to snag an Animal Crossing edition of the Switch this morning. 🎉🎉

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Ear3nd1l wrote: »

I don't want the whole Animal Crossing Switch ... But I do want need those Joycons. I don't even need extra joycons ... but those colors speak to me. They would more than likely sit in the box ... being beautiful ... and totally hating me for making a trophy out of them.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Switch means life.

• b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Apparently Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered is coming to Switch, though it hasn't been officially announced yet.

https://nintendoeverything.com/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered-seemingly-coming-to-switch-in-november-details-and-screenshots-revealed/
    Snip

This is awesome. But I feel like they are not listening to the fans. The Hot Pursuit series has already come back once, right? Why can’t they remaster Underground? I don’t want to pop my old discs in at this point because I know there’s a chance it may not hold up to my memories. Someday...

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I was shocked today - I had to go to Walmart and in the case were regular Switches, Animal Crossing Switches, and Ring Fit Adventure. I haven't seen any consoles in the wild for a long time. I'm sure they'll be gone by end of week and magically there will be some for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »

I don't want the whole Animal Crossing Switch ... But I do want need those Joycons. I don't even need extra joycons ... but those colors speak to me. They would more than likely sit in the box ... being beautiful ... and totally hating me for making a trophy out of them.

There are third-party controllers, both regular and joy-con-like with the colors.

I bought some from STOGA that are quite nice. The “pro” style will be too small for a lot of hands, but I love ‘em.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I was shocked today - I had to go to Walmart and in the case were regular Switches, Animal Crossing Switches, and Ring Fit Adventure. I haven't seen any consoles in the wild for a long time. I'm sure they'll be gone by end of week and magically there will be some for sale on Facebook Marketplace.

Probably due to attention shifting to the PS5 and Xbox Series letting stores replenish their Nintendo stocks.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Huh, the number of rooftop parties I’ve attended has not increased since 2017. Is it too late to get a refund?

YL9WnCY.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Give 'em time.

I hope you said 'hi' to Nessie and Bigfoot while you were all there.

It's only proper.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular

The detailing on the back of the AC Switch is genuinely lovely.

b1rdman wrote: »

Snip

This is awesome. But I feel like they are not listening to the fans. The Hot Pursuit series has already come back once, right? Why can’t they remaster Underground? I don’t want to pop my old discs in at this point because I know there’s a chance it may not hold up to my memories. Someday...

The series coming back is one thing, but bringing that specific game back is another - it was brilliant.

It'd be like remastering Burnout 3. Paradise is great and all, but 3 was the pinnacle.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I still feel like Revenge is peak Burnout for me. I absolutely hated Paradise because the lack of crashes (yes pressing a button and having your car flip around doesn't count).

Revenge was great too, but 3 just pips it for me.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (with New Funky Mode) is 25% off at Best Buy right now. $45.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze?country=us

I got an email alert on this from Deku Deals. I don't share all the sales I see but this particular one seemed notable enough to post since it's a first party Nintendo game.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    My Switch has become "You can play Hades on it, and I guess some other shit too?"

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I tried out Super Mario Bros 35 this morning for the first time. It's pretty neat. I played 6 games and went 32, 28, 25, 16, 12, 2. My daughter was watching me play and was constantly updating me on everything. How many coins I have. What place I was in. What enemies were on the screen. It was like an adorable Siri that I could only pause for a brief second.

In my last game, my opponent that won was level 53 and had 2,600 coins to my 180. I'm sure I wasn't going to beat him, so I'll take second.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (with New Funky Mode) is 25% off at Best Buy right now. $45.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze?country=us

I got an email alert on this from Deku Deals. I don't share all the sales I see but this particular one seemed notable enough to post since it's a first party Nintendo game.

Super Mario Party is also $45 at Best Buy and Amazon

As is Super Mario Odyssey, Best Buy Amazon

and Breath of the Wild Best Buy Amazon

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    When I played my first game of Super Mario Bros. 35, I said to myself, "I am not going to be that guy who gets killed by the first Goomba."

I strode with confidence, jumped, hit the coin block and faceplanted straight into it.

._.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Getting increasingly impressed at Hades, in terms of how everything about it seems to scale so elegantly. Just watching an early misgiving about no save point or bonfire system completely melt away within the course of a dozen or so escape attempts. Those early rooms basically become loadout screens over time for how little time they end up taking.

Just such a marvelous flex to have the story and character strength AND gameplay challenges almost completely flow together.

Official reveal trailer for Need for Speed: Hot Persuit Remastered, coming November 13th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRnez3di1I

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    When I played my first game of Super Mario Bros. 35, I said to myself, "I am not going to be that guy who gets killed by the first Goomba."

I strode with confidence, jumped, hit the coin block and faceplanted straight into it.

._.

Hi 5 that is EXACTLY what I did. Came in 35th.

It’s just a massive physics shift to go back to normal smb1 controls from playing the Super Mario Maker improves controls.

• Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »

Snip

I hooked up my Gamecube for the first time in years to play NFS Underground 2 and I'm having a blast with it. I wish you could still get the PC version because it ran in a higher resolution. The GC version is so dang blurry.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Official reveal trailer for Need for Speed: Hot Persuit Remastered, coming November 13th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRnez3di1I

I had a whole post written up for this too :p
    30 fps cap for Switch both handheld and docked, with 1080p docked and lower otherwise. A bummer, but not unexpected. Also cool that this has full cross-platform play and Autolog support.
    This game fucking rules btw