As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Among Us] One marination, under sus.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    A really common thing among younger audiences of the game is telling their friends or siblings who killed them.

I think kids lack the mental maturity to be able to consciously avoid using certain ways to win the game in order to make the game fun; they just work within the confines of what's actually possible and not the "spirit" of the game.

It's very common to see people in public games say something like "it's blue, my sister says they killed her" and for them to genuinely not think there's anything wrong with that. They almost seem baffled when people want to kick them for it.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I just saw on twitter some people are trying to make the game into an esport with ELO and everything. Like, it’s a simple party game, not a high stakes game.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I just saw on twitter some people are trying to make the game into an esport with ELO and everything. Like, it’s a simple party game, not a high stakes game.

If you put enough money on the outcome everything can be a high stakes game.

steam_sig.png
    Here's reverse Among Us. They could talk as much as they want during the game, but had to mute during the vote/discussion phase. It's as silly as it gets.

https://youtu.be/Sh-XCOe9nLo

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I like Mr fruit a lot.

Probably the only group I like watching more than his is Kaif's crew.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Language is a bit too vulgar for my tastes personally

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    yes, a lobby full of Scots, Welshmen, and Irishmen is not going to be clean.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    So I bought Among Us today.

The first game, one of the characters was named "Drez." Was that the imposter? Or did someone else in my first game ever of this game somehow coincidentally name themselves Drez on Steam? I actually don't even think my username on Steam is Drez. I'm confused.

And then the next two games immediately ended in victory.

I was a crewmate each time.

Help?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Join our Discord and play with us.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Drez wrote: »

The first game, one of the characters was named "Drez." Was that the imposter? Or did someone else in my first game ever of this game somehow coincidentally name themselves Drez on Steam? I actually don't even think my username on Steam is Drez. I'm confused.

Help?

Playing with randos is gonna be weird and probably not all that good actually. Bad logic, bad names, rudeness, people leave/afk. I'm sure you can find some good groups, but it's really a game for people you know to some degree. You can play with randos just for the lulz but don't expect anything good.

re: the name, you plug in a name when you play iirc, it's independent of Steam. You can change it easily too. I think you just happened to get someone called Drez in your game? Assuming you weren't looking at yourself. You'll see your own name too. In fact I bet that's what happened :p

Steam profile
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Help?

Playing with randos is gonna be weird and probably not all that good actually. Bad logic, bad names, rudeness, people leave/afk. I'm sure you can find some good groups, but it's really a game for people you know to some degree. You can play with randos just for the lulz but don't expect anything good.

re: the name, you plug in a name when you play iirc, it's independent of Steam. You can change it easily too. I think you just happened to get someone called Drez in your game? Assuming you weren't looking at yourself. You'll see your own name too. In fact I bet that's what happened :p

Nope, literally my first game, someone named Drez was running around. He was blue and clearly wasn't the default costume. I was red, I was called Player or Player 1 or whatever, and he definitely wasn't me. I seriously encountered that kind of a coincidence?!?!?! WTF

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    We're gathering a party now

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    It's been really fascinating playing with rotating groups on the public LFG server. Different groups and sub groups develop different meta strategies within themselves.

One of the guys I've been playing with has a stupidly good memory and eye for detail, so it's resulted in people intentially spam faking tasks even while crew so they don't get immedielty called out while imposters.

One lady picked up a reputation for spam killing on CD, but last night she went two different imposter games not killing anyone period until the final double kill to win it. Her one game she killed fast she got called out right away with basically no evidence.

My normal strategy has been to always tell the truth no matter what, but I changed course last night as imposter and blatantly lied about everything, and wound up getting two different people thrown off because they contradicted me. It only worked for one game but it was a hilarious way to win.

Trying to get a group together tonight for some stabbin' around 9pm PST. Join us in Discord please!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    We have three trying to form up if any interest

We've got 6 right now. Anyone free to join us?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Someone made an Among Us level in Trouble in Terrorist Town, a similar social deduction game that's part of Garry's Mod.
    https://youtu.be/26uPEjR-yp8

It uh....""""works""""

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Someone made an Among Us level in Trouble in Terrorist Town, a similar social deduction game that's part of Garry's Mod.

It uh....""""works""""

You mean TTT is not supposed to be played a FFA?

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    My daughter found an among us clone on roblox. Seemed pretty dead on because whenever I told her anything from the real game it was valid. First thing she did was sus red. Accurately.

edited October 2020
    New Among Us beta build, played with the devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZKYK-JdhWI

Highlights are an option for anonymous voting, and the task bar only progresses during meetings so no more Taskbar Terrys obsessively tracking everyone

I always felt the taskbar was a bit cringey to use, same reason I like disabling visual tasks..game is already easy enough for a competent crew.

Dhalphir on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    That taskbar change is great.

"You don't know who voted for you anyways, you just know it was everyone" loll

Steam profile
    new beta patch is out, it added shapes for the wires for colorblind folks, the ability to hide the taskbar or make it only visible during meetings, and an option for anonymous voting

Those are great changes. I’d recommend adding shapes to the characters as well as an optional colorblind mode.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    i've been pulled into Mobile.

Fencingsax wrote: »

Mobile huh? That sounds sus. I saw you on Steam earlier...

But hey, welcome to the crew. Sign in to the Discord to hop in our groups!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If anyone would like to play a slower paced and possibly less space themed version of this, we have a forums play by post game starting up here.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Mobile huh? That sounds sus. I saw you on Steam earlier...

But hey, welcome to the crew. Sign in to the Discord to hop in our groups!

Oh, I am playing at home.

It took... longer than it should have to figure out I could use discord from there while playing on my phone.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I just played the most heartpounding game as an Imposter. When the game started, there was another player who dropped at the start due to a connection error, so when I was shown as Imposter, my partner in crime had no name. So I presumed that I got stuck in a match as 8v1 with no Imposter friend. However, the game had only a 10 second Kill cooldown (pubbies like their murder), so I started trying to go to town. By the time the first body is called, I killed two people. But 4 names were gone (the disconnect, my two victims, and someone else). I presumed someone else dropped when they weren't imposter (as pubbies have that problem), but still somehow I nearly got caught and had a tie vote ascribed to me.

I played the next round frenetic, racking up another body, before trying to engage a stack kill by turning off the Lights in electrical. Sure enough, I thought there were a few people on the box, but it was only two other people. Still I tried the kill, self-reported, and implicated the other player who was actively fixing lights - they said "where" and I said "right at your feet!"

I successfully trick everyone to vote out the Purple player who didn't call a body at their feet. I figure that then implicates the shit out of me, but hey, low kill time, maybe an O2 issue, I can make something happen. I then realize that they have no player name somehow. And then as they get vented, it says they were an Imposter. So I did have a partner that whole time, and I just foolishly thought I was alone since they had no red name to look at.

I use the opportunity to treat this as a hell of an alibi though. I convince the dark blue player of my alibi, though Pink and Light Green are the other crewmates, and they has sus'ed me the whole game. I try to do O2 to split the party, but the Light were still off from the previous murder. Meanwhile, the other dead Imposter is actively closing all the doors, actually impeding my progress to get to Electrical. I see Light Green in a hallway, take the shot, run into Electrical and the body is called 2 seconds later.

Dark Blue is panicked, assumes me or Pink. Pink knows it is me, but Blue demands to know where they were. I already indicated I was in electrical, and had shored up my prior alibi with Dark Blue, and Pink takes forever to respond with their location so Blue gets more paranoid. But the voting timer runs out while waiting for Pink, and the lights still aren't fixed so I can't call Reactor or O2. I run towards Electrical, and just barely get in range of Dark Blue, secure the kill and laugh my way to the bank.

I kept kicking myself for killing and implicating my other Imposter buddy when we could have easily won by just waiting in Electrical and murdering any one other body, but I made lemonade and it felt wonderful.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    To be fair, it seems like a good reason to not due something dumb like remove your player name.

It's super cheesy, lame to color blind people, and will apparently get you killed by your own team.

To be fair, it seems like a good reason to not due something dumb like remove your player name.

It's super cheesy, lame to color blind people, and will apparently get you killed by your own team.

I was under the impression it was a bug.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    It's probably a bug. Maybe not. Definitely had a game where I was crewmate and saw imposters with red names when the lights were out.

Also just had an absolute roller coaster of an imposter game tonight. Playing on Skeld, early on I camped lights, called them and made it seem like I prejacked them to help give myself some cover. Partner (Purple) got off a kill in the 2 seconds they were down and got away, but the body got insta reported. She had minor suspicion on her and a couple other people, including white (playing under the name Green for extra confusion). Next round, I pull off an epic vent kill in Admin while the lights are out, killed someone on the table while two people did upload, got back out with no one noticing at all.

So we're at 8, no hard suspicions on anyone, and I was able to soft clear my partner from that kill. Next round, though, the group detective needed to go. Had her alone in admin, called reactor, merced her, and then another person wandered in, but my partner got them, and we dipped south through storage, barely skirting past someone else. Body got reported like 3 seconds later, we hadn't even cleared electrical yet, but the other 3 people all claimed to be in caf or weapons, so just straight up claimed to have been just getting to the reactor with my partner. Queue all the infighting for the people not doing reactor. No one gets voted off. A double kill and we win. Easy.

Or not. Partner insta-calls reactor coming out of the meeting, not giving any time to burn off the emergency clock. So we have to run and disable the reactor. Everyone is there group up. She dances back and forth. I dance back and forth. My timer is up. I count to 3, walk over someone, hit Q. I see the doors shut. Body gets reported. She had her menu open and didn't have the CD up.

Meeting starts, blue is all "get red out of here". I wait a couple beats, unmute and ask "Green, why didn't you double kill with me there?!". White/Green is incredibly confused by this. So I repeat. He's just like "I don't know what you're even talking about man." Me: "If you killed with me, we would have won. When imposters are equal numbers, they win." Blue helpfully chimes in "All right, vote Red off then Green. White. The player named green."

I get voted off, they button, vote white off. Game doesn't end, and you just hear blue on Discord saying "Oh." Partner calls reactor and murders blue to end and win the game.

it's always funny when the crewmates forget that you have to vote on 6 if both imposters are alive, and even funnier when they don't vote but the imposters managed to blow it anyway

edited October 2020
    We had a full lobby for the first time in a while last night, was some truly excellent games (and I got like 3-4 wins as Imposter :hydra: )

This one:
    6gouz8e229hs.png
    Me and Tef won without a meeting ever being called. I called a cheeky Reactor, we both killed the only 2 people who bothered to come as the 4 other people ignored the call figuring one of the people in their group was an imposter

Local H Jay on
    Getting some friends together tonight to play for the first time, can't wait

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    I low key want to see a mod/game mode that tells the players there’s one impostor, but there are actually no impostors (maybe a few randomly triggered sabotages to keep the act up). The victory condition would be all players completing their tasks, but I’d be curious to see how many games flame out before that point from the usual levels of rampant paranoia and squabbling.