As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    Re-doing what level classes learn things is like right up near the top of my list of things I want next xpac.

Some of them are just really dumb. Like forbidden chakra being mostly useless on MNK from like 54 or whenever you get it till 62 when you get the trait to passively gain charges.

That does sort of fit with how it used to work; you built it with Meditation before a fight or when the boss leaves, and you get like one shot of it during the fight.

Which ain’t great, but it’s an option.

It was, basically, their button they hit during downtimes? Of course, since GL stacks>all...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    man i still haven't gotten around to doing the second weapon fight

just doesn't seem pressing when it's just its own thing

liEt3nH.png
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    It's real good

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    yeah I highly recommend doing that, it's a pretty cool solo duty

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

It's the devs basically deciding that what this game really needed was some Gundam.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Miqo'te
    So what you are saying is that if we haven't done it yet we totally should get right on that?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    It fuckin rules

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra

It's the devs basically deciding that what this game really needed was some Gundam.

It is mandatory to pick the most gundam responses possible to all the conversations.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    trying to have brain when you could have fell cleave??? why??? makes no sense

Warrior is a delight

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    You can get a lot of good pictures with that outfit.

Spoilers for 2.55 MSQ
    rqrtB4n.jpg

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what realm are folks playing on, I think I might try playing this videogame again

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm on Goblin, also my sub expires tomorrow
    Most everyone else is on Sargatanas I believe

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    most pa folks are on sarg yeah

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I've got alts on many servers. Which means I'm getting around to noticing some minor variations in the text.
    Hdx4M8j.jpg

is potd still the best way to grind catchup levels?

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Roulettes first then depending on role and level just doing your highest level dungeon is faster if you got short queues I think, also do WT for a half level a week

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    edited October 2020
    Viera
    I would say daily roulette bonuses, then POTD if you're a DPS or highest open dungeon if you're a tank or healer. Maybe mix it up between POTD and dungeons if you want to change it up but the DPS queues for dungeons can be like 10+ minutes.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Do you still have any Main Story Quests to do? They boosted the heck out of the XP on those.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Fig-D wrote: »

Do you still have any Main Story Quests to do? They boosted the heck out of the XP on those.

I'm 46 and my next msq is 49

also my recommendations aren't showing any quests my lvl

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Recommendatioms are zone appropriate

Viera
    ah, you ran into the dreaded 46-49 gap
    yeah you're gonna want to run palace of the dead or dzmael darkhold/aurum vale to catch up, I have no idea why that level gap is there in the MSQ. It's very dumb.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Fig-D wrote: »

I'm 46 and my next msq is 49

also my recommendations aren't showing any quests my lvl

Ah yes, that gap. It's still not great. PotD is certainly an option but first time bonuses on dungeons are really big and leveling dungeons always award loot from the last boss now (personal loot, in addition to the chest).

If you haven't already unlocked it, I'd suggest doing the quest Fort of Fear in Coerthas Central Highlands to unlock Dzemael Darkhold and then run it. If you've already unlocked it then run it once, the rested xp bonus you have should net you at least half a level if you've run it before and the first time completion will push that to about a full level's worth of xp if you haven't.

Once you hit 47 you can do the quest Going for Gold in Western Thanalan to unlock The Worst Leveling Dungeon in the Game The Aurum Vale. After a run or two there you should be 49. The instance doesn't do a great job of explaining the boss mechanics to you and the first room can be a shit show but it shouldn't take too long to get two runs in. Being the only dungeon from 47 to 50, it's kinda popular.

What server are you on? If you're on the Aether data center then you can party with folks on Sargatanas.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Viera
    aurum vale aka the piss cave

BahamutZERO.gif
    yeah I'm on sarg

I haven't played in like 2 years so I gotta learn to push buttons again

• BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Have you unlocked any of the Beast Tribe dailies? They're another good way to grab a chunk of exp every day.

If not you can start the combat based ARR ones here, here, here and here.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
    Roegadyn
    There's also the do 5/10 FATEs challenge logs. Those give a decent chunk.

And if you can stand to do a bit of PVP the daily frontline roulette gives an ok chunk with a short wait time even as DPS. And get some tokens for fun glam items!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    If you are under 50, you can also do the hunt logs and grand company hunt logs as well for a chunk of XP while waiting on a queue for a roulette. Or FATEs if you've run out of other stuff like that to do.

I got plenty of rested xp and some dungeons I can run for first time bonuses, so I should be fine now

but when I wanna level and alt class, it's just roulettes and palace I assume?

Roegadyn
    I got plenty of rested xp and some dungeons I can run for first time bonuses, so I should be fine now

but when I wanna level and alt class, it's just roulettes and palace I assume?

If it's a DPS yeah. Tanks and healer you could chain run whatever the highest lvl dungeon you have fairly easily.

Also unlock the Crystal Tower raids asap. Alliance Raid roulette fairly often has DPS in need and gives a good chunk of xp, so that's good for any class once it's over lvl 50

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited October 2020
    Miqo'te
    You can also do
    • Squadron dungeons if your grand company rank is high enough, (repeatable)
    • Levequests (up to about level 60), (repeatable)
    • FATEs (while queued for a dungeon), (repeatable)
    • Completing challenge logs (weekly),
    • Beast tribe quests - do while queued for a roulette (the Heavensward onwards beast tribe quests scale to your character level up to the maximum level for the expansion), (daily)
    • Centurio Clan/Clan Nutty Hunt targets - do while queued for a roulette. Available from 50-60 in Foundation, 60-70 in Kugane, 70-80 in the Crystarium - (daily)
    • Palace of the Dead (10-60, drops off after 60), - repeatable
    • Heaven on High (61-70, unlocks at 63 in The Ruby Sea, drops off after 70), - repeatable
    • Daily PVP roulette (you can swap classes to something you like to play once inside, the class you queued as will get the xp) (daily)
    • Trust Dungeons (level 71-80 in Shadowbringers) - repeatable
    • Completing 9 stickers in the Wondrous Tales book from Idyllshire, gives about the same XP as doing a MSQ roulette - (weekly).
    • Running the highest level available dungeon, though note that the 59 dungeon tends to give more xp than a level 60 dungeon. However you'll have lots of time to spend doing all the unlocks for all the old dungeons and I'd say they are all worth doing at least once.
    • Note that the 50/60/70 roulette is often said to be lower xp and not worth it, but I think they gave it an update recently since it was giving about the same bonus XP as the leveling dungeon to my characters between levels 70 and 80.

Edit: Fixed a couple of things based on comments below.

Caedwyr on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    note heaven on high is actually 61-70

Viera
    and palace of the dead gives exp up to 60

BahamutZERO.gif
    Miqo'te
    Palace of the dead gives XP above 60, but it starts to drop off pretty fast.

This discussion has been closed.