As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What did I just say

(Thank you)

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

FURIOUS i will never get the STL to make my own

Which medabot is that? I looked at a fan-wiki and it looked like all of Metabee's series are boxy or have very different bits, and all of Rokusho's series have melee focused arm weapons? Are there other beetle-inspired medabot product lines besides KBT and KWG?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I think it's just a Metabee fan redesign. Admittedly, a super sharp looking one.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    It is very cool looking. The lines of the torso and legs in the first picture kind of remind me of the Sumo from Turn A Gundam.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    A thousand Wing Gundams were sacrificed to make this monstrosity....

• Options
    I don't think those actually are wing zero kit wings, they're from something else. No idea what.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The ones near the body are from the Wing Zero. The bigger ones look like they are from the Star Build Strike.

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    I assumed it was bunch of these: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10534203

HnBzCj5.jpg?1

• Options
    You are correct, sir. I wasn't aware that was even a thing (I don't build HGs).

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Wow. I cracked both shoulder connectors on my FA Unicorn.

Guess we’ll see how well the cement holds.

• Options
    NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to post my completed models for a while, so here you go:

u0J2ts5.jpg
    The Seekers about to drop Cybertron's hottest album.

M4S7d5a.jpg
    Featuring the universe's hottest new artist, Little Bee.*

The Bumblebee model was a bonus that came already completed.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    so pictures/videos of the upcoming PG RX-78 are out in the wild now
    unknown.png

multiple layers of innerframe, etched metal detail parts, LEDs for the head, vents, thrusters, and sabers

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    oh that is one sexy grandpa

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My hands feel shaky just looking at those tiny parts lmao

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    How tiny can those parts be? It's a perfect grade.

Looks awesome though.

• Options
    I've never had a PG so I don't have much reference. I think Master is biggest I've done. I'm fairly intimidated by stuff like LEDs but it's absolutely a cool effect

• Options
    Oh it's not just a PG, it's a PGU.

Perfect Grade Unleashed

I assume this is similar in approach to the MGEX.

I'm going to make a wild ass guess and say this'll be $500.

• Options
    Jesus Christ

I don't think I'd even be allowed in the same room as that

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Small parts on a PG are still big compared to RG/MG parts. LEDs are probably just these https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Gundam-LED-Green/dp/B005L9ZUBY those usually go in the chest of a MG but they can fit in PG heads or the 00's shoulder engines.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    For some dumb reason, I thought "Those 30 Minute Mission kits, they're kinda dumb, right? They're pretty generic? I should look into them to be absolutely sure that I don't like them".

So I looked into them. It went like this:

"Oh, there's actually a really wide range of colors and a few different base sculpts! These are really nice."

"Hmm, there's 3mm ports all over the place, and you can do a lot of part-swapping. That can add some personality..."

"The weapon and equipment packs are super free-form! That's rad!"

"Wow, they really are super-cheap. God damn it, I want these, don't I?"

I looked around some more to see what kind of customs people make, and stumbled upon this:

I am just livid about this, because I'm dumb enough to look at those photos and think "Oh, this is pretty straightforward, I can probably build like 80% of those just from the photos and make up the rest, I should add 5 of each color of each suit to my shopping cart right now".

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Hey Gunpla thread, weird question:

What the heck should I search for if I want scale model parts for like, factories, industrial plants and other such industrial nonsense to use for kitbashing stuff? Surely those exist right?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    Hey Gunpla thread, weird question:

What the heck should I search for if I want scale model parts for like, factories, industrial plants and other such industrial nonsense to use for kitbashing stuff? Surely those exist right?

I've done a bit of looking, and your best source is going to be model railroads and things like that. With the advent of cheap 3D printing and wood laser cutting, they are getting more common and cheaper.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Perfect Grade Unleashed

Not far off; 27,500 JPY.

So, cheaper than the PG Exia Lighting Ver, but still a spicy meatball, gonna be clocking in around $270 I guess.

I think going off the promo pics, the beam sabre can light up? Pretty cool gimmick.

It looks like it has a pair of red and green navigation lights on each shoulder, which is a very weird touch? Surely you'd just have one color on each?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Perfect Grade Unleashed

Not far off; 27,500 JPY.

So, cheaper than the PG Exia Lighting Ver, but still a spicy meatball, gonna be clocking in around $270 I guess.

I think going off the promo pics, the beam sabre can light up? Pretty cool gimmick.

It looks like it has a pair of red and green navigation lights on each shoulder, which is a very weird touch? Surely you'd just have one color on each?

Maybe because it can fly backwards?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I noticed that the RX-78-F00 Yokohama Gundam has those too, both on the shoulders and the hips-or-knees. I like it!

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Yeah I like the aircraft/ship navigation light colors on the Yokohama gundam and this

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So is that PG based off the 1:1 puppet they are making right now?

It... looks so shiny and cool and I'm suddenly asking myself if my Unicorns need another PG to go with them... Which will be my 3rd grandpa if I do so?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    No, I think it has a different design from the Yokohama gundam, it's lifting some elements like the navigation lights though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Welp, that's my first PG right there.

• Options
    it's tempting me as well, I love that design where I normally don't care much for the RX-78-2
    if only it was like, $80 instead of $270 lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    so pictures/videos of the upcoming PG RX-78 are out in the wild now
    unknown.png

multiple layers of innerframe, etched metal detail parts, LEDs for the head, vents, thrusters, and sabers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB_TfcVRybU

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I noticed that the RX-78-F00 Yokohama Gundam has those too, both on the shoulders and the hips-or-knees. I like it!

I meant that each shoulder has a red and a green light, which ain't how they work in real life! But upon further examination, in the video footage of it, the pairs on each shoulder are matched instead, 2 red on one side, 2 green on the other... so I think they can color change? Or they just goofed on one of the rendered images, and the video is the correct version.

Edit: yeah OK, the navigation lights are just reflective bits of plastic, they definitely just goofed on one of the renders.

Also just noticed this thing is apparently using the early RG style inner frame, where each limb is a pre-built thing you just snip off and flex and they're done. So. I've built up a lot of faith in Bandai's engineering and experiments over these last couple years, but an RG skeleton system at 1/60 seems fucking insane, no?

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Looks like that's the inner skeleton. By that I mean there are like 3 layers of parts before you put armor on it for this PGU. It's likely there's a good deal of structural integrity being built up in those layers.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    How common is it for a p-bandai kit to get another run?

I assume not very but the Woundwort got like 3 so idk.

Feel bad about missing out on the Mudrock

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Daaaaamn that video.

About the only thing I didn't see was the core fighter being removable? But I may have missed it.

Edit: Yeah, looks like no removable core fighter.

majwony5xmgi.png

Athenor on
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Local distributor had to cancel my store's Bandai order for next month because they were the only ones who ordered any. C'mon, Big Hobby, let me give money to my store!

...No, I can't afford that PG Red Frame Kai.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Local distributor had to cancel my store's Bandai order for next month because they were the only ones who ordered any. C'mon, Big Hobby, let me give money to my store!

...No, I can't afford that PG Red Frame Kai.

That... really sucks. :( Anything in particular you were after?

• Options
    Oh hey, want it in English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka1uL1VXg_o

This discussion has been closed.