As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Night Shift

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Night Shift

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    MaryAmeliaMaryAmelia Registered User regular
    The thumbs up button kinda looks like Gabe.

• Options
    islingtonislington Registered User regular
    The Thumbs Down icon looks like Mike Racecar

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    The tip of his tongue finds the depth of your love.

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I'm still holding out for H.A.R.D. Load to be picked up.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    gbrooksgbrooks Registered User regular
    OK. So. "C.C.P.D.A." could stand for Cowboy Chocolatier Public Defender Anteater. But that sort of contextually obvious interpretation isn't why we're all here, is it? We're here because we want MORE.

Contextually Counterintuitive Public Displays of Affection
    Calvert County Papal Defense Alliance
    Calvert County Pupal Defense Alliance
    Calvert County Pupil Defense Alliance
    Calvert County Pupil Defense Alliance, but the other kind of pupil

• Options
    PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    They'll drop it after season two when it stops driving new subs.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    So... are they implying the buff guy is some sort of were-anteater?

I actually want to see more of this now. Like, scenes from whatever insane book they're imagining.

• Options
    "Ever since I met you, I've known there's something different about you. The strange things kept adding up. Your regular trips to South America. That time you secreted a stink from a gland in your rear when those muggers threatened us. The way you hide your testicles inside your body... when I put it all together, the truth hit me. You're...."

She hesitated. She could feel his smouldering gaze on her as he stepped closer and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Say it." He growled.

She took a deep breath. "Myrmecophaga tridactyla."

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    So... are they implying the buff guy is some sort of were-anteater?

Yes, but that's a bit incomplete. They're implying the buff guy is some sort of were-anteater that fucks.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    What makes this work is how little of an exaggeration it actually is.

3enb8an0zq5d.jpg
    bbll8jyvkxcz.jpg
    61rj1pc97fa8.jpg
    bffe2u9xqarh.jpeg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Netflix description clarification please... "secret"-ihv, or "secrete"-ihv (ihv is kind of the phonetic V sound of secretive i'm looking to add on to the ambiguous word...).

• Options
    robecoyoterobecoyote Registered User regular
    No dissing two time Hugo Award nominee Chuck Tingle, buckaroo!

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I respect Defender Hellhound for his ability not to look down in shame like the others. You gotta love yourself, man.

On an unrelated topic, look out for my newest series, When a Man Loves Himself.

dennis on
  • Options
    I found this story description from the author of Defender Hellhound:

In Fake Fur, a group of clueless human furries are accidentally booked at Shifting Sands, to the amusement of the real shifters. But wolf shifter Calvin isn’t laughing when he realizes that the beautiful woman in faux fur fox ears is his mate.

As over the top as these books are, the idea of a bunch of furries getting dunked on by actual were-people is kinda genius.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    T-Danger wrote: »
    As over the top as these books are, the idea of a bunch of furries getting dunked on by actual were-people is kinda genius.

I remember a book in which vampires used an internet forum to communicate, on the logic that normal people would just think they're weirdos and ignore them. The anecdote for this system being abandoned was that at one point several vampire lords mobilized for a turf war against what they thought was an ancient nest with unheard of powers but turned out to be three weird kids from Chicago and a rando from Toronto with thirty accounts taking a stand against cyber bullying.

It... Wasn't a good book, but I always get a kick out of the brand of urban fantasy that, rather than elaborate hidden worlds just have people out in the open on the logic that "normies do way weirder shit than this."

Hevach on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Given the sheer number of these fucking things that exist, saturating every keyword search in the Kindle store for a start, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re all written by algorithms powered by botnets.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Given the sheer number of these fucking things that exist, saturating every keyword search in the Kindle store for a start, it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re all written by algorithms powered by botnets.

Next step is - naturally - erotica featuring botnets. "When you meet this botnet, you'll say, SEOOhhhh!"

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Too late.

ah1bvwahkx8c.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    UshioUshio Registered User regular
    There is literally a manga where the heroine has a 'close encounter' with an ant eater.

• Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ushio wrote: »
    There is literally a manga where the heroine has a 'close encounter' with an ant eater.

I seem to recall some banned commercial (from Australia, I think) with a similar idea.

Bremen on
  • Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    Evil Dead is a paranormal romance film between a woman and a tree.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Amateurs

sad7kuz37btz.jpeg

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Next step is - naturally - erotica featuring botnets. "When you meet this botnet, you'll say, SEOOhhhh!"

We kind of got that with Ex Machina.

Though I suppose her AI was search engine based. It must get pretty kinky in there.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Honestly, these are folk who know what they're about and figured out how to make money out of it. We should all be so lucky.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Bremen wrote: »
    Ushio wrote: »

I seem to recall some banned commercial (from Australia, I think) with a similar idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdrOWhxA46Q

For the curious.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Emperor MegamanEmperor Megaman Registered User regular
    I'm going to need the name of that thing about actual bear or the Irish Dragon Brothers. I need to be able to show it to people when i tell them this kind of stuff exists and they don't believe it.
    Is that the "Cowboy bear" one?

• Options
    I'm going to need the name of that thing about actual bear or the Irish Dragon Brothers. I need to be able to show it to people when i tell them this kind of stuff exists and they don't believe it.
    Is that the "Cowboy bear" one?

Here's the author behind the 'Cowboy Bears' series. And hoo boy, she is not just limited to bears.
    https://www.fantasticfiction.com/s/maia-starr/