As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gameplay perspective, cool, Astra needed a mixup. Character... No thanks. Don't think I'm gonna spend much here. Need some non-OC mythics!

edit - Got Leif from a no-reds free pull. Decided to go in once more for reds. 2 reds... Seliph and Plumeria?? Okey dokey, easiest mythic banner ever. 9 orbs for 3 5 stars is hard to beat lol.

So I guess it's time to use her and fallen Ike in Astra!

Acheron on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited October 2020
    Oh sweet Jesus it's kitty Robin
    https://youtu.be/DV8EriD0ieo

IS, you really know how to steal all my money don't you?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Gotta go for my main dragon man Dheginsea. At least I won't have to vote for him in CYL5 now.

Jokers Wild...imagine Xane on a team with, let's say, Idunn, L!Edelgard, and F!Kris, just to keep things color-balanced. As long as they stay within two spaces he'd have top-tier stats in every category! And that's before counting his Atk/Res Form bonuses or any other stat buffs he might get through other units or inherited skills.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    So Tiki is a non-dancer who can dance other units from the same game, including dancers, and if she receives a +6 all buff from LAzura, she comes out of it with +30 attack. Right?

Also, Dheginsea's dragon form and voice are dope, but I feel like they did him dirty introducing him as a 4 skill seasonal variant.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    Sigh... My most hyped remaining new hero to get in (Dheginsea) should have been a mythic with a completely stacked kit. Instead, a shitty seasonal that's completely out of character. Not pleased.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Acheron wrote: »
    Sigh... My most hyped remaining new hero to get in (Dheginsea) should have been a mythic with a completely stacked kit. Instead, a shitty seasonal that's completely out of character. Not pleased.

I feel fairly confident he'll get a vanilla version pretty soon. IntSys must have put a lot of work into that huge dragon sprite, they'll want to reuse it.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Blew through my entire orb stash but I got a Dheginsea! Along the way I also summoned a second F!Byleth and Eyvel (got them merged to +1 now), a Valentian Catria, a Larcei, and a 4* Xane.

edited October 2020
    I can't tell if I was lucky or not. I pulled like five Robins which is awesome, but it took me forever to get one Dheginsea... Ah well.

It was Enough Robins to not feel bad sacrificing one to L!Grima for essentially QR4. So worth.

Also it took me way too long to realize Robin was supposed to be a werewolf and not a kitty (it honestly only occurred to me when I realized what her weapon name was). But whatever, close enough :P (I swear they all look the same to me.. cat girls, dog girls, fox girls, wolf girls.. Too similar :P)

Edit:
    g9qoiym3fpqk.png

Oh god I just noticed her title...

Warlock82 on
    Ha, I like the map they chose for the last map in Tempest Trials.
    Awakening chapter 1 ftw

I want both Catherine and Shamir...here's hoping I pull one in 40 summons so I can use my free one on the other.

Now THAT is a support unit. Finally taking some risk and making a very intriguing healer. Tempted to spark for a Flayn if my tickets fail me!

Pretty good luck this banner. Got a Flayn and a 5* Seteth in my first circle. Later I pulled a 4* Seteth (got promoted and merged) and a Shamir, so I was free to use my spark on Catherine.

For being from the actual 3H artist, the art seems off somehow. Maybe it's the guy who did the S support pics instead of the portraits :P

Otherwise he looks insanely broken, as new legendaries tend to be. I'm sure everyone will give him DC and Aether and we'll see +10s all over arena soon.

edited October 2020
    Wow, for once the game didn't hate me. Pulled Dimitri in about 10-15 orbs or something, first 5*, +ATK/-RES. I'll take it :3

Warlock82 on
    I dumped about 40 into blue and got my first Chrom. Not great IVs but not crippling. Oh well, maybe I'll see Dimitri in January.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Brave dimitri +atk or neutral? I'm leaning towards neutral for the bulk. Will be +3

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Brave dimitri +atk or neutral? I'm leaning towards neutral for the bulk. Will be +3

Atk. Superboon, and the extra Attack is going to help him if you run Aether or another healing special, so it's not worthless defensively either. +Defense is the only other boon I'd consider on him, if it's between Attack and Neutral I'd go with Attack every time.

Kasyn wrote: »

Atk. Superboon, and the extra Attack is going to help him if you run Aether or another healing special, so it's not worthless defensively either. +Defense is the only other boon I'd consider on him, if it's between Attack and Neutral I'd go with Attack every time.

Yeah I think +ATK or +SPD is almost universally the best IVs for almost everyone (unless they have some gimmick involving their defensive stats). +ATK I feel is pretty much always good. Maybe the exception might be Kliff with his weirdo weapon but I dunno about even that)

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I didn't get a Dimitri, but I did get my first LAlm. Looking at his powers, I'm not saying why he's the destroyer of worlds?

steam_sig.png
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »

Yeah I think +ATK or +SPD is almost universally the best IVs for almost everyone (unless they have some gimmick involving their defensive stats). +ATK I feel is pretty much always good. Maybe the exception might be Kliff with his weirdo weapon but I dunno about even that)

I have 27 +10s and only two of them aren't either +Atk or +Spd, so yeah, I think this is mostly right. Atk is always at least a good IV. Speed I put on units if I feel like there is an actual shot at them not doubling things, and similar for enemy-phase based units where I want to prevent doubles on them. (Assuming the stat is salvageable. Sometimes it's a dump stat. Also there are random exceptions to this like Brave Ike who I want to get doubled.)

If I drop +Res or +Def on a unit it'll usually be the result of some kind of specific synergy, like the Def check on Myrrh's Great Flame. Or if it's a unit I use almost exclusively to tank one kind of damage, and I'm using a special that scales off of that stat.

Spoit wrote: »
    I didn't get a Dimitri, but I did get my first LAlm. Looking at his powers, I'm not saying why he's the destroyer of worlds?

The secret of Alm is that his weapon scales on enemy defense and he has a powerful 2 CD prf special. Makes him really hard to tank, particularly alongside null follow-up.

The other secret is that darting blow 4 sucks really, really badly. My Alm is +1 +spd and once I gave him swift sparrow 3 he became insanely strong.

Feh Channel featuring new autochess mode:

https://youtu.be/2SBSgSWW7FA

And the new Special Heroes trailer, with sexy ninjas!

https://youtu.be/h7O_C3mcSRw

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I know some people hate it, but I need that Laevatein based on the art alone.
    (Though essentially being a green Altina doesn't hurt either.)

RoyallyFlushed on
    Pretty weak channel, but I like those seasonals better than most. Not completely ridiculous or out of scope for a FEH game.

Aargh my Ashnard hungers for ark/def rein, but I have no orbs to chase C skill fodder.

That Thani refine for Micaiah (Atk/Res+5 and guaranteed follow-up when over 50% HP) is really good.

edited November 2020
    Agreed on Micaiah. I have one at +3 +atk with no premium skills, but now she seems worth it.

Null C disrupt or special spiral? Hmm...

Acheron on
    I'm in a similar situation with Micaiah. I gave her Atk/Res Solo awhile back, and originally just had her running with Quick Ripose for her B slot to give her an extra role as a mage tank. But she doesn't really need that anymore, so I was looking at the other potential options. I'm kind of leaning towards Special Spiral for firepower, or Mystic Boost to make her a good dragon fighter while helping maintain her health condition for her weapon.

Null C Disrupt is definitely good, but it's *so* good on so many units that I wouldn't throw it on Micaiah for that reason. Unless you just really love her, of course.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I have flayn but they are not getting any exp via healing. Are they bugged or something or is this intential?

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Assuming you're using her new Rescue skill, it specifically says she doesn't get special charge/XP/SP from using it.

s7Imn5J.png
    Rescue is basically coded as a movement assist that just so happens to heal, rather than a "real" healing assist.
    And you don't get XP for using movement assists, so...
    You gotta downgrade her healing ability at first until you can unlock her weapon and baby her up that way.

Rescue is basically coded as a movement assist that just so happens to heal, rather than a "real" healing assist.
    You gotta downgrade her healing ability at first until you can unlock her weapon and baby her up that way.

Her weapon has built-in Wrathful Staff so it's not so hard to get kills with her.

I'm in a similar situation with Micaiah. I gave her Atk/Res Solo awhile back, and originally just had her running with Quick Ripose for her B slot to give her an extra role as a mage tank. But she doesn't really need that anymore, so I was looking at the other potential options. I'm kind of leaning towards Special Spiral for firepower, or Mystic Boost to make her a good dragon fighter while helping maintain her health condition for her weapon.

Null C Disrupt is definitely good, but it's *so* good on so many units that I wouldn't throw it on Micaiah for that reason. Unless you just really love her, of course.

I already have a Null C +10 distant counter Eirika and Hawkeye. Also a Nailah and 2 fallen lyons. Guess I got lucky pulling Null C!

Mystic boost might a good idea... I have one of those spare too. I am thinking null C might be a bit too niche actually, maybe special spiral would be better general power.

Andy Joe wrote: »

Her weapon has built-in Wrathful Staff so it's not so hard to get kills with her.

Healers don't come with their weapons learned, though. So no matter how shiny or strong the new healer is in the end, they still gotta be babied up first.
    It's true she has a pretty high attack stat but I wouldn't call her an offensive powerhouse or anything by any means.

I already have a Null C +10 distant counter Eirika and Hawkeye. Also a Nailah and 2 fallen lyons. Guess I got lucky pulling Null C!

Mystic boost might a good idea... I have one of those spare too. I am thinking null C might be a bit too niche actually, maybe special spiral would be better general power.

Yeah that's definitely a lot of Null C you are packing, there. It only comes on two units, you know, so that's a lot of Nailah and F!Lyon pulls you're talking.
    Though I did just pull a random Nailah on the most recent banner, so I guess it does happen...

I still haven't settled on what I'm going to give Micaiah yet, but I'm leaning a little towards Mystic Boost right now. Even if it's not necessarily as flashy or exciting as some of her other options.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I have so many level up mats that healers and dancers just get upped to at least 30 from the get-go

Ooooh yeah, got a Lysithea from my tickets! Been wanting her for so long for aether defense. Now I'm planning a Dark defense featuring her and Shamir with deadeye. No BIke allowed!

edited November 2020
    Ooooh yeah, got a Lysithea from my tickets! Been wanting her for so long for aether defense. Now I'm planning a Dark defense featuring her and Shamir with deadeye. No BIke allowed!

Ironically I got Brave Lysithea from my tickets. I was laughing a bit at that one. "Wrong Lysithea game!"

Side note, fuck this arena season. I gave up and just did it on easy for the stupid chain rewards. I was gonna drop to t20 regardless so what's the point? (I keep losing like 3-4 games in.. It's so stupid). Legendary Chrom needs to be banned from this damn game. Also Legendary Dimitri can go to hell with his extra move every other turn and insane damage bs.

Warlock82 on