As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    He leadin' you, mate.

He is, which is especially funny because a) he's a cat and has no idea where he's going and b) it's a small center and there's nowhere to go anyway. So we just end up sort of walking in circles but if I go the 'wrong' way he'll meow at me and dart in front of my feet to block me.

I'm going to miss that weirdo.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    D'AWWWWWWWWWWW

BahamutZERO.gif
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    He leadin' you, mate.

He is, which is especially funny because a) he's a cat and has no idea where he's going and b) it's a small center and there's nowhere to go anyway. So we just end up sort of walking in circles but if I go the 'wrong' way he'll meow at me and dart in front of my feet to block me.

I'm going to miss that weirdo.

That cat's probably thinking "Man, I am so sick of trying to guide this big ugly two legged idiot around... I'm going to miss them something terrible once I'm out of here"

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sound is mandatory

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    HAPPY
    WATER HAPPY
    BEACH BEACH BEACH BEACH
    HAPPY
    HAPPY BEACH WATER BEACH HAPPY

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Bad vibes behind the spoiler
    Our bunny Waffles was getting better. Hasn't been weezing in weeks and was gaining weight. Thursday he was suppose to go in for surgery to fix his teeth. We came downstairs to get him fed and set up for the evening and he was laying weird. Just with his back legs sprawled out. We tried to get him to move, but it looks like he can't work his back legs at all. No vet open right now, so were taking him first thing but were pretty sure that the stress from the infection in his brain a few years ago, and the upper respiratory he's been fighting the last few months has finally caught up to him. Pretty sure were going to have to put him down tomorrow. We've been wrong before but...this doesn't seem like something he can bounce back from.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Is that NOT the easy way to make a baby burrito?

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    d1JHrfA.jpg

Huh. I've seen this video before without the carrots. CGI is fun.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

Huh. I've seen this video before without the carrots. CGI is fun.

Pretty decent edit!

Theres no rule that says a dog cant play ping pong:

Buncha Pigs!

While you chased the ball, I studied the blade:

1BghIAu.jpeg

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZVyHH-voR8

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    1BghIAu.jpeg

He always was

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

obijpu0a73ru.jpg

edited October 2020

oh this second one fooled me at first but I now realize this is probably CGI
    warning signs I should have noticed: too many babies, too small, all randomly hanging out in a suburban park, only 2 actual poses that are identical between all individuals, the babies aren't supposed to have horns yet. Good compositing work with the shadows on the big one, that really fooled me.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Baby giraffes actually do have horns at birth! They're the only mammals with this attribute!

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    The second one is almost certainly cgi.

But hey, at least it made me go look for actual baby giraffe videos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2SlZ5dABdrk

All Giraffes are CGI. Sorry you had to find out this way.

NOOOOOoooooooooo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

Yep, Cute Giraffe Images

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    For reals tho newborn giraffes are like 5-6 feet tall straight up. Those mofos are taller than I am.

I will be trampled to death trying to hug all of them and it will be worth it.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The
    Zxerol wrote: »
    For reals tho newborn giraffes are like 5-6 feet tall straight up. Those mofos are taller than I am.

I will be trampled to death trying to hug all of them and it will be worth it.

This is what hugging a baby giraffe looks like

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I haven't made posts about our fostering lately, because some of it isn't entirely snugglehug (though no deaths or illness or anything like that, thank God!) So first, the happy stuff! Here's Runty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiquUOibRkY

We've decided to keep her instead of Drack, for a few reasons. One is that she seems to have some sort of deformity - notice her tail always stays curled to the side, and her back feet are always pointed outward in a way I've never seen on a cat. In addition, we're not sure we'll ever be able to get her 100% human friendly, but she clearly likes Zach and lets him snuggle her, so she can live here instead of having to try to survive as a feral.

The black kitties have all been microchipped, treated for fleas, and had their first round of vaccinations. They're officially ready to go up for adoption, I'm just waiting to see the rescue we work with put them up. Initially we were hesitant to let them go for adoption until they had been spayed and neutered, but the rescue assured us that they follow up to ensure that spaying and neutering is done, and contractually they can take the cats back if the owner refuses. Additionally, the cost of spay/neuter is covered by the new owner's adoption fee, so there's no real reason for them to refuse. They're all very sweet and I'm hoping they get some good owners soon!

Now for the less snugglehuggy stuff:
    We had to set Dagna and Cole free. Dagna and Cole were in the same litter as Runty, but they just couldn't get used to human contact.
    Cole was just terrified all the time and Dagna growled constantly and wanted to take swipes at any humans that came near. So we got them spayed and neutered and set them free. I thought I was OK with this decision (I'd actually been saying Dagna needs to go free for a while), but the day Zach sent them out I bawled my eyes out. I continued to cry every night that they didn't appear on our feeding camera on our front porch. However, after three days Dagna did show up! I was so relieved that I once again cried my eyes out. Cole didn't appear at first, but while I was worried for him I made the excuse to myself that he's more skittish than Dagna, and he needed longer to reassure himself that it was safe and we weren't going to jump out and grab him if he came to eat. Last night, finally, Cole appeared and ate from our bowl. On the first appearance it seemed like Dagna was being lookout for Cole, and only ate after he was done. This is their second appearance last night/early morning, and they stayed a lot longer and seemed more relaxed (though Cole still seemed very alert):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0RzQW9I6c
    Edit: whoops, forgot the Cole and Dagna vid, I updated the correct URL.

I didn't make a full video of their time there, but they stayed around 45min. I'm so happy we get to watch them grow up!

Also in positive news, we bought some feral shelters and I'm going to try to construct them today, or at least take them out of their boxes. We have 5 regular ferals now, and I only bought two shelters, but at some of those five pair up (Dagna and Cole pair together, Shale and Leliana (Dagna, Cole and Runty's mom) pair together. Morrigan (black cat, mom of the black kittens) goes solo. So we'll definitely need a third shelter. I would have bought three but I'm hoping I get a job soon to pay for this stuff. This is the shelter we bought. I know I could have done a rough and dirty shelter using storage containers from Lowes, but I like this model a lot (they have an "upstairs" for the kitties to sleep in!) so it's the one I'm using.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    These new transformers are getting ridiculous:

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    ROLL OU-er, roll to...right here

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    One feral shelter built, both painted.

nxav317oxkxy.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I am worried about duck

He's been itching a lot and even dug out some fur spots but doesn't seem to have fleas now he's all lethargic today...

I got kfc and he didn't even beg or flip out about it...

Tallahasseeriel on
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    That does sound worrying Uriel.

Anytime my sister's dog was acting strangely we'd immediately be on alert to see if things became better or we needed to take her to the vet.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Imma have to get him into the vet but they are booking out into November

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hey! This week has been real fuckin' weird, and it's only Tuesday!
    you know what you need to get you through to Wednesday? A super hyped baby wombat, is what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c255TTXLJBY

• SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    The kid is so hyper, he can jump cut all over the place.

This discussion has been closed.