As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    @Brainleech on the 'Hasbro's not-Kickstarter' page, they make a point of emphasizing the exclusive bonus minis you get with either tier, which to me says they do plan on producing some quantity of the game box and the two expansion packs for regular sale afterward.

I suspect the bonuses the upper tier can unlock if the campaign goes over the goal will also be exclusive to backers, though.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    If you can stomach the shipping, it's probably a good idea to get in now. Hell you could probably sell any unwanted exclusive minis after the fact and recoup some of your losses.

I hope they have plans to release the 4 expansions that either didn't release in the US (Wizards of Morcar, Against the Ogre Horde) or were in severely limited quantities (Frozen Horror, Mage of the Mirror).

Because finding complete copies second-hand over the last decade has been ... disheartening.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Huzzah! Wonderful news!

Hasbro fixed the shipping issue, so shipping to Canada is now the same cost as the USA.

Mythic Bundle get!

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    @Brainleech on the 'Hasbro's not-Kickstarter' page, they make a point of emphasizing the exclusive bonus minis you get with either tier, which to me says they do plan on producing some quantity of the game box and the two expansion packs for regular sale afterward.

I suspect the bonuses the upper tier can unlock if the campaign goes over the goal will also be exclusive to backers, though.

still 150 is cheaper than the secondary market for the previous printing an epoch ago
    But i will pay good hard earned money if they reprint the elf and barbarian quest packs

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    HeroQuest added a FAQ sometime recently, so I guess they arent planning to ship until Fall 2021.

Also, they seem to have stalled out at $1.8m which covers all the stretch goals except the bonus quest book.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Sons of Behemat up for preorder this weekend?

I'm more curious as to the whole "work with any faction" rules.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed in the lack of giant novelty dice!

My guess is that the book will let you customise the mega gargants with various traits, kinda like imperial knights, but the allied ones have specific, fixed traits.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    HeroQuest added a FAQ sometime recently, so I guess they arent planning to ship until Fall 2021.

Also, they seem to have stalled out at $1.8m which covers all the stretch goals except the bonus quest book.

Eh it's gone up $50k so far today and there's 32 days left so I'm pretty confident it'll hit $2mil.

I know we have a few folks in the MD/DC/VA area on these boards. Is anyone interested in my (painted) Ironjawz army? I'm not interested in shipping so gotta be local.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed in the lack of giant novelty dice!

My guess is that the book will let you customise the mega gargants with various traits, kinda like imperial knights, but the allied ones have specific, fixed traits.

for 150 quid a piece, they better be some real good rules

Wait 150 pounds? I thought I saw 150 USD

TheGerbil wrote: »
    Wait 150 pounds? I thought I saw 150 USD

the big boys are 150 quid, the medium boys are 100

the GBP is about 1.30 USD right now, and we tend to eat about a 20-30% increase in price due to shipping and tariffs

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The leaks I am seeing are saying 150€ / £120, which don't get me wrong is still a wild price tag, but I'm not seeing £150 anywhere.
    Still, more expensive than Archaon (in fact I think that makes it the most expensive kit they sell??) prices it well out of my interest zone.

I might’ve misread the leaks as pounds instead of euros thanks to by old man eyes, but yeah it’s a bonkers price tag

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still I am far more curious about the Broken realms books as $50 a book is kind of steep if the rumors of a another reboot of AoS are true

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    The Gargants release is doing absolutely nothing for me, so i can skip this whole business

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    When people first started talking about the "sons of behemat" release, the new name had me expecting something much wilder and more... AoS-y?... than what we got. I don't know, but an expanded range in the same vein as the old WHFB Giants feels underwhelming to me. I was hoping they would do something with the old sky titans' background lore and the fact that the Ogre's big canons were made by the titans, to make them much weirder and more fantastical.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    A sky titan gun slinger with a bunch of those ogre cannons as pistols would be something.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    The Gargants release is doing absolutely nothing for me, so i can skip this whole business

I just painted a ton of large models for a ogor/bcr army and am not really looking to do some more at the moment. If I could split them with my Araknaroks, I could have a dog walker squad tho.........

steam_sig.png
    There's a rules preview up for the gargants on warhammer community right now, I hope they have some potent allegiance abilities cos I can't say they're lighting my world on fire from the preview.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Never having played a game of AoS, I can't comment on their fighting prowess, but I do think the new mega-gargants look really cool. Not sure if they're €150 cool, though…

If I do get one, I plan to customize it heavily. I managed to make a female regular-sized giant before, and half my ogres are ladies. Sounds like a fun challenge to do that with a mega-gargant.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    I was half-tempted back when we first saw/heard about them to femme up a mega-gargant and induct her into the cult of Khaine as a project, but of course that was before they announced there was new DoK stuff coming down the pipe anyway.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    So I just had the best idea for a new AoS faction: Gummi Bears!
    Seriously though; medieval knight bears that are only a couple of feet tall and live in elaborate tree forts. Super-bouncing optional but highly recommended. Just file the serial numbers off and hope no-one notices until it’s too late.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    So I just had the best idea for a new AoS faction: Gummi Bears!
    Seriously though; medieval knight bears that are only a couple of feet tall and live in elaborate tree forts. Super-bouncing optional but highly recommended. Just file the serial numbers off and hope no-one notices until it’s too late.

Squig hoppers are basically that already! Except for the living in trees bit.

akirasig.jpg
    Boingrot bounder army with little bear proxies?

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    $320 Australian for the big boys. The most expensive single model kit outside of Forgeworld and ... Smaug I think. I was never going to do Gargants anyway but wow. That's 20 bucks more that a Switch Lite just for reference.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    I think it's 220-230 CAD. They are extremely expensive for a single model.

edited October 2020
    One of the problems is that on the one hand it's a super big showcase model, but on the other hand comes with a bunch of options, which the other big models usually don't have, making it more expensive than other large monster or vehicle kits.

The other problem is that GW have been increasing prices like crazy over the last year or two even moreso than the years before. Like, a Baneblade kit is 140$ and comes on 7 sprues, compared to the 4 of the Mega Gargant. Archaon is 3 sprues for 165$ so isn't all that much off from the gargant, actually, it seems.

honovere on
    Also there’s a direct, recent, comparison with Indomitus that comes off really bad. Even Szarekh…

Szarekh has half the plastic, 2 sprues, and is still 150$.

Aleguzzlers were 65$ for two sprues. Although to be fair Szarekh's sprues are way more packed than those ancient ones.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    They seem extremely niche to me being massive in size, cost and effort, and are probably priced with that expectation. The kind of person who wants to deal with a model that huge is likely willing to pay a premium for it. It's not like anyone is going to pick one up on a whim.

Like I love the look of these things in photos, but I wouldn't consider actually buying one for a hot second and can't think of anyone I know who would. I'm assuming that that person if they do exist, is so excited to get their plastic angry child that they are willing to fork over whatever it costs.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    The difference to the other large kits is that except for 40k Knights, you get one of them as a centerpiece, not half a dozen. I'm not even sure how it works out for cost compared to unit/army size. Buying a bunch of infanry boxes that gives you the same amount of ingame points might be similar.
    But pricing is all over the place anyway. 20 Mortek guard: 60$, 2 large Sprues, 10 Vanari Auralan Wardens: 60$ 1.5 large sprues, 5 Alarith Stoneguard: 60$, 0.75 large sprues

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Asher wrote: »
    $320 Australian for the big boys.

I say this regularly about hobby prices here but holy shit.

It’s the “opening weekend” calculation; they need to recoup the cost of development ASAP so they price it based on total cost/1st week expected sales and they clearly didn’t expect to sell many of them.

There's a rules preview up for the gargants on warhammer community right now, I hope they have some potent allegiance abilities cos I can't say they're lighting my world on fire from the preview.

Hah, they've previewed some of the battle traits and there is some decent stuff shown (megagargants counting for 20 on objectives, or 30 in a subfaction, for one thing.) I'm still not necessarily convinced of their survivability given it's an army with literally no chaff/screening options at all, but if there's maybe a way to get some ward saves in the mix or something...

I mean they have a 4+ save with 35 wounds each. 3 big boys alone is 105 wounds before we even get to the mancrushers. Ale guzzlers right now have 12 wounds each so assuming man crushers are those or better it's minimum 141 wounds.

Which is a decent amount

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I mean they have a 4+ save with 35 wounds each. 3 big boys alone is 105 wounds before we even get to the mancrushers. Ale guzzlers right now have 12 wounds each so assuming man crushers are those or better it's minimum 141 wounds.

Which is a decent amount

Randomly remembered my first game with Beastclaw Raiders (the first version) back when you "balanced" by counting wounds, if you weren't using points.

Turned out i had 50% more in points for an equal number of wounds. No wonder I crushed that game.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Man, I wonder if I can just proxy Perfect Grade gundam models instead of the giants. Better modelling experience in every sense, and still cheaper.

(if I was interested in the giants, which I'm not really)

akirasig.jpg
    You joke, but I do think outside of GW tournaments and stores there'll be lots of proxying going on for Behemat armies, unlike the big centerpiece kits like Archaon/Alarielle/etc. which are fairly uniquely in design there are plenty of great alternatives for 'big, scruffy giant man.'

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    In a game of Vanguard (Mantic’s skirmish spin off of Kings of War) we rolled a scenario that involved a neutral giant model smashing around the board and we were unprepared so had to improvise. As our gaming club meets in a Scout hall we found a scouting trophy on a windowsill that had a suitably sized statuette on it and had giant Robert Baden-Powell wrecking the place up.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    HeroQuest broke 2m which opened up a bunch of new stretch goals.

I want that Orc bard so bad, you guys.

This discussion has been closed.