As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So a few people are still going, but we played for four and a half hours. It's super fun.

We finally ended a few minutes ago. Was fun! I was never evil though so I think it may be broken :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Five hours solid, thanks everyone who joined in and was nice to see many familiar faces and voices.

OrokosPA.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Hey everyone, I created a Among Us thread and a Discord channel for us all to gather in.

Trying to get a game going tonight (9pm PST). Join in!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I will probably be posting signups for a game by the end of the week.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Beyond this point you enter the land of King and Creator.
    Step across this threshold and obey our laws.
    Bear witness to the last and only civilization, the eternal Kingdom.

th9nmgwy27ek.png

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Anyone up for being a reserve?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

The Defenders of Deepnest have eliminated all threats to their kingdom and outnumbered the invaders.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    Is anybody going to be running BattleStar Galatica anytime soon? It has been around two years since I have played.

Is anybody going to be running BattleStar Galatica anytime soon? It has been around two years since I have played.

Wrong thread, this is only for Phalla games (aka the forum's version of mafia/werewolves). Which... we should get another one going here :D

Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

Wrong thread, this is only for Phalla games (aka the forum's version of mafia/werewolves). Which... we should get another one going here :D

Sounds like @kime is volunteering to host a game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Hey, yo, I got this weird thing upcoming where imma have to quarantine myself for a couple weeks. I think I kinda wanna run a game, since imma have literally all this time. Probably gonna post a game for starting Tues or Wed? I am prepared to do weird-ass shit or relatively chill; what kind of game would people like to play?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    Invictus wrote: »
    Hey, yo, I got this weird thing upcoming where imma have to quarantine myself for a couple weeks. I think I kinda wanna run a game, since imma have literally all this time. Probably gonna post a game for starting Tues or Wed? I am prepared to do weird-ass shit or relatively chill; what kind of game would people like to play?

Anything, I hunger for content :D

Steam profile
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I kinda am super digging revisiting a theme I touched on several years ago; I am definitely this weekend going to post a new game themed after table-top roleplaying games. If you would like to take a look at a game I ran with similar themes, look at this link.

The short version is that regular villagers/mafia (or NPCs) had to give me a quirk, which i interpreted into some kind of power or restriction or both. The 'specials' (or PCs) had the ability to ask clarifying questions which in fact changed the rules of the game by being asked. The fluffy/thematic idea was that NPCs needed some identifying characteristic so that the PCs would remember them, and PCs contributed to the worldbuilding of the game by playing it.

I want to come back to some of those themes with more experience and try again. (it's gonna be a weird-ass shit game)

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yes do it

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    So..
    You're running the Christmas phalla then?

edited December 2020
    This happened last year from @Sir Fabulous and I think it deserves calling out again as one of the best things to happen in Phalla.

Although I noticed that the transcribed lyrics messed up "pale" for "tired" and now it's TRASH :P

Edit: Also somehow I just noticed I didn't give that post an Awesome for some reason? Fixed :D

kime on
    Steam profile
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Was cleaning old files off of my computer and found this from 2013, I have no idea what it means or which game it's related to!

xggqenv6vhpy.jpg

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Clearly means kime sus.

kime!

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Looked at first like the second vtm phalla, but Mill wasn't there. Doesn't match my records, so I'm not sure I played that one.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Looks like Obi's Hot Potato game to me

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Anyone else ever spend 5+ hours straight reading through old phallas and proboards instead of sleeping at night?

No?

Just me?

P.S. !kime

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Anyone else ever spend 5+ hours straight reading through old phallas and proboards instead of sleeping at night?

No?

Just me?

P.S. !kime

I hate seeing how much we lost in old threads with the forum switch.

Some OPs were works of art.

OrokosPA.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Looks like Obi's Hot Potato game to me

Great game, great game.

Very skillfully won if I recall, although the details of who was involved escape me...

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Very skillfully only trusting villagers for no reason

I think I remember having had a very stark 'I just revealed to MrT, and I have no confirmation that their revealed power is not mafia.'

discrider on

No?

Just me?

P.S. !kime

This is the secret reason I run games...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

No?

Just me?

P.S. !kime
    I've done this before, but I can't reconcile my cringe for baby spectre.

Edit: I apologize for killing the phalla sign up thread!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Wow have we not had a game all year? Maybe I'll run one so I can be a shoe-in for game of the year at the next Phalla Awards, whatever the heck that is.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    I've had a couple ideas I've been meaning to draft out so I could run them by someone who has hosting experience, but I'm probably not going to be able to host anything until the holidays or next year due to IRL stuff.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Plenty of time to get it well balanced and such.
    IRL stuff this year is a big jerk, I agree.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited June 2021
    In the year of 202X

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    BSG Phalla, best of both worlds.

It amazes me we haven't done this yet, but there are many copies and we (don't) have a plan, I suppose.

wVEsyIc.png
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

It amazes me we haven't done this yet, but there are many copies and we (don't) have a plan, I suppose.
    I've got a plan. I'll post sign-ups on the 19th.

After having watched the movie "The Plan" my only take away is that by their standards everyone has a plan.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular

There were a couple of BSG Phallas back in the day. I got to be Admiral for a fair length of tenure!

There's definitely space to revisit all of the old themes from years past, though. I need to see if I have the time to revisit one of my intermediate designs and actually finish one of them up, I'm extremely rusty on it all.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I'm mostly just worried about player count :(

Steam profile
    There are 6 awesomes on that post, therefore we have enough to have the typical percent be mafia, all set.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    If you run it, they will come....

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I would love to be part of a Phalla again!! I have missed it and was thinking about Running one myself. Not sure yet of theme....I have to remind myself of rules and such. May be a little rusty

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I was told people be planning a Phalla!

VayBJ4e.png