As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ottawa wins the draft just off the strength of Alex Trebek making the pick.

oldmanken on
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Do you think an 18 year old from Germany knows who Alex Trebek is?

Not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely asking! It is a funny question, but really, if I'm Stutzle, I'm wondering who that guy was.

...it's disturbing how much I look like Pierre McGuire.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

do you also force your pointless knowledge of every player's high school career upon everyone in earshot?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Do we have ANY idea yet, of what’s going to happen to/when/if the upcoming season starts/delays/dies?

50433.png?1708759015
    Chanus wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »

do you also force your pointless knowledge of every player's high school career upon everyone in earshot?

K'Andre Miller went to Minnetonka High School in Minnesota before going to play NCAA hockey and the University of Wisconisin, where he was picked by the New York Rangers 22nd overall by, but stayed in school another year.

No. No I do not.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    sharks with a classy move for their 31st overall pick

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Do we have ANY idea yet, of what’s going to happen to/when/if the upcoming season starts/delays/dies?

I saw yesterday that they changed their projected start date to Jan 1st 2021. So now the 20-21 season will have zero games played in 2020.

Penguins traded matt Murray, which means there is a starting goalie in the NHL named Tristan for the foreseeable future!

Burtletoy wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

I saw yesterday that they changed their projected start date to Jan 1st 2021. So now the 20-21 season will have zero games played in 2020.

They should have the opening games straddle the ticking over of the New Year. Problem solved.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I was kinda hoping the Leafs would take a serious shot to get Murray but I'm guessing they weren't willing to give picks.

Hopefully Murray can help spur yet another Sens rebuild (even though the owner refuses to spend money on the team)

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So are they planning on bubbling up for the season or travelling all over?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Penguins traded matt Murray, which means there is a starting goalie in the NHL named Tristan for the foreseeable future!

Assuming they get Vegas to retain salary (how much???), what do you think of Flower going back to Pittsburgh. He's got 2 years left on his deal @ $7mill/year, I believe, and I think having him there to back up Jarry makes sense to me. Still a young goalie, could use veteran advice from a good guy who won't create drama. Fleury playing 20-30 games seems reasonable.

Or am I way out in left field because I like Fleury?

I'm actually expecting him to get picked up in the Expansion Draft

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    There's probably going to be a bubble at first, assuming they actually start in Dec/Jan, but I can't see them doing an entire season in a bubble.

The playoffs was only 2 or so months and it was already driving the players/staff crazy. Asking for them to put up with that for an entire season is a lot.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

well, i guess i'm a die hard Caps fan for a year

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

well, i guess i'm a die hard Caps fan for a year

Never! I hope they finish second to the lightning though, I will root for them otherwise.

96058.png?1619393207
    it's just to get Henrik a cup

i'll do what needs to be done

And Holtby went to the Canucks, Markstrom to Calgary.

I find it interesting that Holtby signed a 2 year deal, which may mean he's going to be an easy exposure in the dispersal draft. A little expensive, on a short term deal, and a little on the old side. So Seattle would probably pass on him, Van protects Demko.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    whoa dang, TJ Brodie to the Leafs

he was on my wish list, but after he refused a trade to Toronto for Kadri last year I figured the odds of him signing there as a UFA were pretty slim

and 4x5M isn't bad either, I also figured someone else would overpay him

Tory Krug to St Louis. Biggest signing of the day, apparently.

I still really like him, maybe 2 years too long in the term

I'm really curious where Hall goes... and if it isn't the Avs, I'll be shocked.

#lumbus cleared a ton of cap space for *something*

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    I'm really curious where Hall goes... and if it isn't the Avs, I'll be shocked.
    Depends on how honest is he about signing short term. With Landeskog and Makar up in another year they really can’t afford him more than a season.

Leafs also got Wayne Simmonds (sic?)

edited October 2020

This one kinda hurts a bit as I always liked Z, though he is inconsistent as hell. Gotta figure this takes the Avs out of the running for Hall though. Even with retention that’s still $5 million for Saad and it makes a hole on the back end to fill that I don’t know that Byram or Timmins (assuming he can play) is ready for.

Jayricho on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Z took penalties and hit, which usually put him out of position. I'm a okay with this trade. His physicality will be missed but a team built like Colorado just won the cup so

In Byram we trust I guess.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    edited October 2020

Well, Hall did say he wanted to win. What nobody realized is that he was actually talking about winning more draft lotteries.

Jayricho on
    Got a chuckle from this:

I just don't get Hall's ambition. I get that the market isn't good, hence the 1 year, but I'm sure there had to be better suitors.

oldmanken wrote: »
    Got a chuckle from this:

I just don't get Hall's ambition. I get that the market isn't good, hence the 1 year, but I'm sure there had to be better suitors.

he's going to score 100+ points playing with Eichel and get a ton of money next summer

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Man, wtaf!

:so_raven:
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I assume the tweet is a joke? Im missing the point?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    The joke is Eichel and Hall together are going to be very very good and fun to watch but they are not going to be enough to keep Buffalo from getting regularly slapped around even by other bad teams.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Their first two lines look pretty good actually, and their d seems ok. I wonder if they could take a swing for Fleury in goal.

:so_raven:
    Well supposedly the Avs offered him $6.5 for a year. *shrug*

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I'm glad that's the highest they went.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Couple interesting college hockey rules changes:

1) No one will be thrown out of faceoffs. A second infraction by the same player will be a minor penalty.
    2) Offensive zone team gets to pick which faceoff dot is used.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
This discussion has been closed.