As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    God, it's less than a year and they're already indulging in Death Knight level cards. If it's not burn o clock how are you not going to playing Targon to have the ability to fish for Comet?

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    God, it's less than a year and they're already indulging in Death Knight level cards. If it's not burn o clock how are you not going to playing Targon to have the ability to fish for Comet?

They’ve said that there are cards to remove the buildings. Aggro decks will run over the building build. Although, once the reach turn 5, it’s coming down and you better have an answer ready.

To be fair, Riot has shown they’ll address things that are OP fairly quickly, so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm unclear on whether landmarks are considered units. If they are you'll still be able to Capture/Obliterate them and Tahm in particular would be able to eat them for free.

Which sounds funny, but he's essentially a demon of gluttony and his backstory has a throw away line about him literally eating a house.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    So if you Noxian Fervor a barrel, it does 4 damage. That's really dumb

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Coinage wrote: »
    So if you Noxian Fervor a barrel, it does 4 damage. That's really dumb

It counts as 8 for Swain's level up too.

The way it works makes perfect sense. The +damage adds 1 (or more) to each of the spell's effects.

shryke on
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'm unclear on whether landmarks are considered units. If they are you'll still be able to Capture/Obliterate them and Tahm in particular would be able to eat them for free.

Which sounds funny, but he's essentially a demon of gluttony and his backstory has a throw away line about him literally eating a house.

They aren't. They specifically said cards were getting reworded to clarify (well, supposedly clarify anyway) which effect them and which don't.

Another "win the game" card. Interesting numbers on it. Wonder if it'll see much play and/or work at all.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited October 2020
    Saw people saying that regen effects might count for it, in which case that shit could get out of hand real fast. And we don't even know how Soraka might synergize with it yet.

That last card though I think might be Hush 2.0 though. A 3 mana fast spell that either pulls a landmark or destroys one? That's potentially basically a 1-stop "Play Targon and shut down all enemy Landmark decks" button that won't even brick your own hand against non-landmark decks.

shryke on
    edited October 2020
    I think it slots comfortably into Frel/SI. Use Braum/Trundle to stall aggro and get regeneration healing, doesn't get harmed by Avalance/Ruination, and SI control is already happy to run Grasp and Wail.

Oops it's Targon. It'll depend on how well you can get trolls and Soraka to work together then.

Yilias on
    I think it slots comfortably into Frel/SI. Use Braum/Trundle to stall aggro and get regeneration healing, doesn't get harmed by Avalance/Ruination, and SI control is already happy to run Grasp and Wail.

Oops it's Targon. It'll depend on how well you can get trolls and Soraka to work together then.

Targon/Freljord is totally a thing too. Braum/Trundle works just fine.

edited October 2020
    Yilias on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Win the game by boring your opponent to death. Awesome.

On her own she seems ok. Good card draw engine. But with the landmark that's gonna be nasty.

And heal->elusive is gonna be hilarious and/or toxic.

STARS HIDE ME

I know some people will hate the addition of more counterspells but as a Blue lover I'm hyped.

They all seem like fun cards.

Except the P&Z landmark which looks like a "Jinx deck I guess" card and that's it. Unless the new P&Z champ somehow interacts with discard or fleeting.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I know some people will hate the addition of more counterspells but as a Blue lover I'm hyped.

I think this game needs better narrow answers like that, so I'm a big fan. More of this and culling strike, fewer vengeance, deny, will of Ionia, etc. Generic answers are either priced out of relevance or too good (and then become priced out of relevance).

The dude who is basically Zed but also evasion is kind of frightening. He's much easier to block but that doesn't mean anything if they're going over the top to kill you.

ChaosHat on
    It doesn't seem like a good card but who wanted more completely random card generation

Even in their demonstration clip it discarded his removal (and the turret) to give him irrelevant garbage.

What are the odds on one of the next labs having players start with a random monument? High?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Not zero but I think you need more than one per region to make it fun (and I'm not even convinced we're getting one per region this set)

liEt3nH.png
    The only question I have about the P&Z monument is whether Round Start occurs before or after you draw cards.

If it's after it's just random garbage. If it's before then it's slightly better since you'd at least get 1 card from your deck each round.

Demacia Dragons look neat. I like the "Can block Elusive" text as well.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Sharpsight is excellent, probably replaces Riposte in any list that doesn't run Fiora.

We've also got our next event announced for Oct 28th: https://outof.cards/legends-of-runeterra/2008-kda-arrives-in-legends-of-runeterra-on-october-28-new-collectible-cards-event-pass-game-mode-and-board

It's K-pop themed and across all 3 of their in-universe games (League/Runeterra/Team Fight Tactics). Not a lot of information but it'll have collectible and constructed-playable cards as well as cosmetics.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Shyvana seems exactly my speed. Scouts has been one of my favorite archetypes and I think this will be kind of the bigger, midrangier version of that. Nothing says fun like attacking three times in one turn!

I'm just disappointed that it seems like it doesn't work along side it so well.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    That set of cards definitely makes me interested in trying a dragon deck built around Shyvana. Strafing Strike looks like a lot of fun.

My last ionia epic card reward upgraded into a champion, and now I don't need any champions. I'm very close to the champ capsule, so I guess I have to stop playing until the patch drops! I have enough space to at least get my couple of wins tomorrow, if I don't complete any quests...

I am flush with shards and 8 champ wcs, but losing a couple thousand shards by not waiting out is too painful!

edited October 2020
    I’m missing 1 champion to have them all (a third Diana). The rest is 41 Commons, 31 Rares, and 11 Epics. I’m hoping to acquire them from my Vaults and some Expeditions. I’d craft what I’m missing, because...uh, I’m low on Shards and Wild Cards...

gfhxb8z07qcw.jpeg

v1xeok0htqmy.jpeg

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    PAAAATCH NOOOOTES:
    https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/patch-1-12-notes-monuments-of-power/

- Genevieve Elmheart to 4 health from 5
    - Bastion to 4 mana from 3
    - Hush now 2 mana from 3 and doesn't create copies of itself
    - Living Legends (the one that fills your hand with fleeting celestial cards) only refills your normal mana now. It used to also fill your spell mana.

Good changes all around. Nothing to crazy, but that’s probably good going into a card dump.

I also made the mistake of reading the LoR subreddit and some people are really losing their shit over the Kpop cards getting added. Mostly because they break region identity.

Like, I get that, but that’s really not that big a deal, is it?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I don't know why they'd expect otherwise. League is infamous for having ridiculous skins.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i would be very surprised if the kpop spells aren't shit

liEt3nH.png
    Nerfing Genevieve is some silly shit imo.

She was unplayable at 4/4 and the 2nd best card in Demacia at 5/5 (behind Ranger's Resolve).

I'm surprised to see a nerf to Demacia instead of Noxus/Bilgewater, but if they want to hit Demacia then she's the best choice.

She basically powercreeped Cythria right out of the 6-drop spot. Guess we'll have to see if this changes anything.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page