As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Have they given any details about the Bozja raid? All I know is that there's 2 difficulty levels with different amounts of people. Specifically did they say if this was going to be anything like BA from eureka? I really liked how different that place was from a normal raid and would love if this new one was just as experimental.

Quoting from the live translation someone did in the AkhMorning discord: "Much feedback was had about BA and how much people enjoyed it. They've tried to improve upon it further, now people will be able to queue up. Savage will be easier if you prepare who is bringing which actions."

The official slide itself also mentioned that the 24 man normal version wouldn't have role requirements for matching, which seems interesting (48 man savage version just said that you need to form parties before entering)? So not a lot, but I guess queuing up like a normal duty instead of whatever BA's nonsense was?

Also, they elaborated on Monk changes on the JP blogpost, someone translated those as well:
    Hi, Monk mains.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/57270579.html

Once again, always take the following summarized info with a pinch of salt. Standard deal.

・疾風迅雷を特性化になりレベルが上がると覚える
    →レベルが上がるとどんどん早くなる

Greased Lighting will be reworked as a trait, where its level will increase according to your level. This means the higher the level the faster your actions will be.

・迅雷関連のスキルの見直しをかけているので改修

Skills related to Greased Lighting will need to be reviewed, thus will be reworked.

・戦闘中に貯める必要はなくなる

You no longer need to stack them during battle.

・手数で押していく遊び感覚は極力変えないようにしている
    →手触りは今とそれほど遜色ないように努力している

They are making sure to retain the busy feeling you have as before, and they are working hard to make sure you don't feel laxed just because it's been reworked.

・迅雷維持のストレスからの開放

They are working to ensure you're free from the stress of having to maintain Greased Lighting

Sounds like a near full rework, which I mean honestly the job needs it at this point.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Lalafell
    Monks just straight-up having a faster GCD than anyone else is going to be an interesting idea. I wonder if this will make them want to have no Skill Speed at all, or as much as possible.

Also, I wonder what this will mean for the stance cycle. Greased Lightning was the main incentive to properly cycle through the stances in order.

Enlong on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I'm guessing it's totally fine for me to spend tomestones of poetics right now just to shore up my gear?

PiptheFair on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's totally fine for me to spend tomestones of poetics right now just to shore up my gear?

It's literally always okay to spent poetics; there is no cap to what you can farm, only what you can hold. Poetics are explicitly the sub-level-cap tomestone and I can pretty much guarantee that you ill get more than you need.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    Yeah Poetics are easy to get overall

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    grabbing ironworks gear at 50 is a great idea to do yes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I wonder if they'll give Blue Mages a way to handle UWU, or will they just be soft-banned from that by not having Limit Breaks?

BLU 70 is hella exciting, anyhow, and I wasn't expecting it to show up this soon. Here's hoping we get an oGCD heal from Lakshmi!

edited October 2020
    Viera
    blue mage can pseudo-tank LB3 by using the turtle dragon skill
    e: diamondback, that was it

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Lalafell
    Just let BLU use Limit breaks if they’re mimicking a role. We could have Force Field for Tank, Grand Delta for Caster, and maybe Flames of Rebirth for Healer.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Enlong wrote: »
    Monks just straight-up having a faster GCD than anyone else is going to be an interesting idea. I wonder if this will make them want to have no Skill Speed at all, or as much as possible.

Also, I wonder what this will mean for the stance cycle. Greased Lightning was the main incentive to properly cycle through the stances in order.

I think the stances still work out to higher DPS if you're doing them in order since you need to use the third stance strikes for the buffs on the first.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Yeah, the guaranteed critical hit on Bootshine for following Dragon Kick is a big chunk of damage.

Au'ra
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Yeah, the guaranteed critical hit on Bootshine for following Dragon Kick is a big chunk of damage.

Dragon Kick doubles the potency of Bootshine for use in stance, then Bootshine auto-crits from behind when you cycle back to it. It's a 300 potency crit and you get to do it every sixth weaponskill.

Miqo'te
    blue mage can pseudo-tank LB3 by using the turtle dragon skill
    e: diamondback, that was it

that isn't enough, is the thing
    the lahabrea interlude requires, in sequence: caster LB3 to kill adds, healer LB3 to get rid of Doom, melee LB3 to kill Lahabrea, and then tank LB3 to survive Ultima

UWU probably isn't beatable by BLU as-is unless they, like, give them proper Limit Breaks (maybe tied to Aetherial Mimicry?)

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Does White Wind calculate its health bestowed at the end of the cast or at the beginning? I'm guessing server lag would probably make it unfeasible, but in theory 8 BLU casting that in sequence could go from the first player being at 0.4% health, doubling eight times all the way up to 100%.

Or, with the added spells given in the level 61-70 range, they could get other tools to handle doing things like that more reliably.

edited October 2020
    Viera
    The end of the cast.

And yeah I think latency would make it unreliable for 8 white winds to always top the group off. 2 blues in healer aspect could maybe top the group off in 2 GCDs by pom curing one of them and then white winding though?

DPS limit break 3 potencies can be sort of almost approached kinda (9000 potency single target, 6150 pot AOE) but only by stacking buffs and using the suicide skills. Do blues have a combat rez?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean if we're going to ask how blue mage is going to deal with a level 70 raid mechanic i reckon we should use the skills they get from 60-70 to do it

liEt3nH.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Angel Whisper is a rez ain't it?

Its locked behind doing like, the whole Carnival though

X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    And it has a very long cooldown

Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Does White Wind calculate its health bestowed at the end of the cast or at the beginning? I'm guessing server lag would probably make it unfeasible, but in theory 8 BLU casting that in sequence could go from the first player being at 0.4% health, doubling eight times all the way up to 100%.

Or, with the added spells given in the level 61-70 range, they could get other tools to handle doing things like that more reliably.

The problem is that Lahabrea's doom is some kind of non-standard one where just healing someone to full isn't enough - it seems to be specifically coded to require Limit Breaks (which is kind of the gimmick of that part of the fight, tbh).

But yeah, I figure that they'll either give BLU ways around that (be it through actual Limit Breaks tied to Aetherial Manipulation or BLU spell workarounds) or just pull a Palace of the Dead and outright ban BLU from participating in Ultimates. (Similarly, I suspect BLU will be banned from Eureka.)

Roegadyn
    Oh yeah theres no way in hell they let Blue into Eureka huh?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    god, I wish they would, but I doubt it

did they ever let blu into potd?

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    god, I wish they would, but I doubt it

did they ever let blu into potd?

Nope.

steam_sig.png
    if yopu're gonna give me delivery moogle quests, at least let me turn into a moogle goddamnit

Au'ra
    Honestly some self-transformation type mounts would be cool.

yoshi p is a fucking COWARD

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Let my dragon turn into a dragon.

I'm begining to think this Hunberct Longshaft delivery quest isn't entirely about engineering terms

50y99xE.jpg
    One down, nine to go.

Lalafell
    Give me a “mount” that is just the sparkle effect you have when you’re using the flight pads in the Antitower.

How many seconds until all 720 new plots per server are claimed?

Roegadyn
    'bout 30

X22wmuF.jpg
    Miqo'te
    Depends, how fast can you speedrun from the aetheryte to the furthest plot?

oh so this is just palastine now?

Viera
    What is, Ala Mhigo? It's a land occupied by a hostile empire, yes.

BahamutZERO.gif

I just got to the part in ARR where
    refugee revolt caused by dude trying to turn the battlefield into an apartheid state so he can get omega

Viera
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I just got to the part in ARR where
    refugee revolt caused by dude trying to turn the battlefield into an apartheid state so he can get omega

my memory of this part of the ARR patch story is extremely fuzzy

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited October 2020
    Roegadyn
    There’s a part in the ARR patch content where a character tries to annex carteneau

Javen on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I genuinely do not remember that

gonna need to new game plus arr some time

This discussion has been closed.