As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Epic 7] Eda and Celine banners. Valentines rerun.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    From what early reports I saw, the healer has amazing skills but her stats are really really bad. Ian seems to be this rounds Lena and is really good.

The early reports on Ervalen are that he's going to be a beast. His mods are great if something has more than 6K HP than him, which if that works for PvE, he'll be a monster. I'd save some BM/skystones for next week.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Nah, he's not Limited and I already have Baiken to one shot Banshee so PvE is covered and I hate PvP

Also he's a little shit

Madican on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Arena is weird

I lost against 4 different teams, then did a refresh, and suddenly 4 teams are a single person on defense so that's four easy wins. I beat the 5th team of full slots, and then four of the next 5 teams are also single persons. So I'm climbing from low Gold IV to Gold III super easy off of this. And these defense teams are all Gold V or Gold IV.

Do folks just ignore defense even as they climb out of Wood tier?

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Arena is weird

I lost against 4 different teams, then did a refresh, and suddenly 4 teams are a single person on defense so that's four easy wins. I beat the 5th team of full slots, and then four of the next 5 teams are also single persons. So I'm climbing from low Gold IV to Gold III super easy off of this. And these defense teams are all Gold V or Gold IV.

Do folks just ignore defense even as they climb out of Wood tier?

It's not uncommon to see people not quite realize the whole defense team thing until they get a big higher, yes.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    They're doing it on purpose so you hit them and they can Revenge you for easy points. Though that didn't stop me from farming those teams straight to Master where I now only do NPC battles and no one attacks me.

Also seeing something on Reddit about us getting another round of ten summons

Yeah I mean that doesn't sound so bad. I get 16-20 points for defeating them, I lose 2-4 points if they revenge me. Big whoop.

Time to go neuter my defense team! kek

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming the free 10 pull today was so people could try and get some of the new characters. I got six Muchachas.

And my first Lilibet.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I got a glenn. And a couple of dust 4*s heh.

Also Ken did good in his first guild war. Kise not so much. Well Kise losing in her slot was because of a team with some strange speed timings. My broman got outsped by a ml lidica just barely or speed tie. But a bbk was fast to cut in front of my cdoms getting pushed by my broman crits. Was a strange team. They didnt really do dmg but my broman is made of paper and died to the bbk but the other two lived even my cdoms so yeah was just meant to cut. The ken I brought against a kayron arby comp with ml haste and ml krau. We got the arby down twice then he got his s3 stun off on the kayron to kill him once. The diene just sat there till the end heh. Him getting his energy faster is real nice.

Got a Sigret imprint and Iron Fan for dust, plus an extra Angelica to feed into ML version. Noice.

I got a bunch of 3* units to level silver dogs. No sparkles, but then I had some good luck the last time so I'm not expecting much.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Hadn't really been playing much, but came back to finish the event at least. Did my 10, didn't really get anything new or exciting.

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I got a BM Haste imprint!

edited October 2020
    Glenn is an arby slayer. Its stupid how much dmg he can do in just ok gear. He can one shot ssbs and other high provile targets pretty easily too.

I want some of the other ones with good kits. Even if they have 3 star stats they will most likely be good for those outside of the top 1%.

Jubal77 on
    edited October 2020
    So I took Rose, C. Dom, Sigret and Baal&Sezan into arena against SSB, Arby, Krau and Roana. You can probably guess how it turned out, and it pisses me right the fuck off.

Rose buffed my team, Baal debuffs, C. Dom deletes SSB and Sigret deletes Arby. And then C. Dom also deletes Krau a couple turns later.

But during all that, Baal&Sezan get killed by Krau because of course they do, and Roana is functionally immortal.

So I guess my question is what do I do against defense teams with 25k HP absurd defense soul weavers who can stall forever until the damage timer kills me? And why the fuck is something like that in Gold 3?

Is there a good reason why the overtime advantage isn't with the attacker and not the defender? I bought two counters for their two DPS, grrrrr

Gonna swap out B&S for Ken, I guess?

Edit: nope; without B&S landing crits on Arby and Roana, my C. Dom doesn't have the juice to one-shot SSB. Not to mention Ken can't open with S3, so I don't have enough souls for C. Dom's S3 because my Tagehel doesn't have any copies yet.

Edit edit: that dude's in Gold V actually, lul. Sandbag much? I cut my losses and refreshed, and hit Gold II. I'd still like to know which units to look out for to break the blue/green immortal healer with seemingly infinite defense and effect resistance brick wall comps

Rius on
    Sometimes you run into folks that don’t care much and have decayed into lower levels with well geared units.

If your C dom can’t kill Roana solo, you just need better gear. She barely heals and is usually slow. Her main trick is healing off counters/dual attacks.

Well nothing from today's ten pull, but I did get a Destina dupe from the monthly ticket so into Ruele she goes.

Madican wrote: »
    Well nothing from today's ten pull, but I did get a Destina dupe from the monthly ticket so into Ruele she goes.

Wat?

Shadowfire wrote: »

Wat?

Destina is a Ruele imprint

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Got through abyss 101. These floors do not play around.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Wat?

Destina is a Ruele imprint

Oh, I had no idea! I thought you were just saying you hated Destina, which... I kinda get it. But...
    Huh.

I'd forgotten Daydream Joker existed so I'm through Abyss 63 now, lol.

I don't think I'm going to hit Gold I, most of the defense teams I'm seeing now are faster. Turning my focus mostly to NPC battles. I'll have enough for the slate in a couple days, so that's nice.

Does anything ever use the red Molas or are they just meant to be broken down into three green Molas

edited October 2020
    Nat5 skill ups use them to get the last big increases.

Jubal77 on
    Rius wrote: »
    Does anything ever use the red Molas or are they just meant to be broken down into three green Molas

They used to be used for the final skill ups on nat 5s. A while ago they were removed from skill costs so now you just break them down.

Oh yeah thats right they changed them to the equivalent of molagoragos.

Ya why they needed multiple currencies for skill ups is beyond me, haha.

edited October 2020
    Oh man. ML Krau just too good on gw offense. Chips dmg off nicely and near constant uptime of immunity is just nuts. I have his speed about where it needs to be for where we are at in gws to always have it up against the popular bruiser teams. Just horse biking things to death. Such a simple kit but one of the better ones they have done lately.

Jubal77 on
    Don't take the free unequip from the event until you want to use it. It only lasts 6days in your mailbox and redeems when you use it out of the mailbox.

I have rolled five Sigret EEs now and have yet to get a 75% threshold one. I do have 14%s of the other two though :rotate:

Yeah it's RNG for those until you get enough to bash together in the Alchemy Tower. Which is how I got mine because boy did it not want to give me that slot at all

These new abyss floors are challenging for the wrong reasons. On multiple floors you essentially need to pass RNG checks roughly 20-30 times in a row to succeed. If you fail, sorry try again. Attempts take 20 minutes.

That’s less than engaging gameplay.

Ervalen in three and I don't even care because I thought I was on Krau banner.

Ervalen in 8 and I am happy because watching him he is nuts good.

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Ervalen in 5 pulls, but I really want the arti. But I know I shouldn't pull more for it!

Full pity! But I got three of the artifact on the way so ok.

Krau in 25 and Ervalen in not yet because my resources are thin and Landy burned me with the minute one pulling, lol. If he's that good I'll try to snag him before his banner disappears I guess.

Got Ervalen in 30 pulls. No arti so I tried another 60 or so and no dice. Gave up to move to Krau banner. He's one of my most used units, so I wanted to try for an imprint. Ended up with 2 holy sac's but in 60 pulls or so I got my imprint. I have 300 skystones right now and no BM's, so SG better do a couple re-run banners next lol.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I have not yet recovered from Landy full pity, and didn’t luck out in 10 so, oh well!

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I won't pull for Ervalen because he's a little shit.

edited October 2020
    He is a little shit. But is one of the best bruiser team breakers released yet. And that is all you see these days really. Fat. And you know I think Lilias is worse on the character story front.

Jubal77 on