As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Cultural Event of [Blaseball]

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I was hoping for my tigers to win. It would have been the third championship for them right?

Blaseball could have ascended!

Never look back!

Both the Pies and Tigers were playing for ascension, yes.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    I was hoping for my tigers to win. It would have been the third championship for them right?

Blaseball could have ascended!

Never look back!

Both the Pies and Tigers were playing for ascension, yes.

And if the Crabs have another dominant season, they too will be in the ascension race

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder if the tigers have any cute fan art

edited September 2020
    I am very amused by the Garages getting a player Stable... and then incinerating them.

And the Philly Pies stole their own player.

Polaritie on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Rest in Violence Ron Monstera, you were one of the greats.

But hey, now we've got 2 new pitchers, and our home games are gonna be stacked. We'll see how it shakes out next week after the siesta

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited September 2020
    Also, is it just me or did that steal and maximize player blessing only max out one stat?

Polaritie on
    Yah, just looks like Batting maxed out. There are several stats on the back end, and it may be only one of them got pushed

Hail Hydra
    Doesn't really match up with the text of it. On the other hand, it's max batting, that's a big buff for the Pie's lineup. If Jessica gets unshelled early in the season they'll be in good shape.

Also that 50% better playing in crows weather won't hurt.

My beloved Breckenridge Jazz Hands now have a five-star batter, and a four-star batter with a Shrink Ray (making his strike zone smaller). They're a little late in the lineup for my taste, but that ain't shabby.

Now if we could just shore up our pitching stable.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So I guess we angered the Peanut again? I'm not exactly certain how and as a fan of ONE of the teams currently trying to kill god I'm beyond caring.

YOU FOOLS

The Shelled One
    SERIOUSLY?

The Shelled One
    SERIOUSLY

The Shelled One
    100 MILLION SNACKS

The Shelled One
    WASTED

The Shelled One
    YOU FOOLS

The Shelled One
    THAT IS IT

The Shelled One
    STRIKE FOUR

The Shelled One
    YOU ARE OUT

The Shelled One
    SEE YOU SOON

We're in Siesta for the next week while one of the devs is moving, according to my sources. The nut's outburst is just a kayfabe justification for the shutdown

Hail Hydra
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular

I can tell I have terminal peanut poisoning because I saw this and my initial reflex was "oh that's a good Jessica Telephone and Nagomi McDaniel" in spite of having been a Dorohedoro fan for over seven years

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    You're not wrong, though. I dunno what Dorohedoro is, but that's an excellent picture of Jessica and either Nagomi McDaniel or Comfort Septemberish, for sure.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Blaseball is back, baybee

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    All is as it should be.

RGo9cE8.png

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I screwed up last season and sat on about 30k coins at the end, which apparently puts you in the 1%.

I figured there would be blaseball millionaires at this time!

rhylith on
    People blow all their cash at the end of the week and generally hover around 10k to avoid getting hit with ETR. No reason to hoard it all in this game!

Hail Hydra
    rhylith wrote: »
    I screwed up last season and sat on about 30k coins at the end, which apparently puts you in the 1%.

I figured there would be blaseball millionaires at this time!

We thank you for your sacrifice.

They sent us an e-mail:
    EVERYBODY WAKE UP

THE PEANUT CALLED STRIKE FOUR.
    THE MONITOR FEEDS.
    THE MICROPHONE HAS A PLAN.

THE FINAL ACT OF THE DISCIPLINE ERA BEGINS TODAY WITH SEASON 9 OF INTERNET LEAGUE BLASEBALL.

A STORM IS COMING.

TAKE COVER. PLAY BALL.

The Commissioner is still doing a great job.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Breath Mints are popping off so far, huh? 8-1.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Spies just got reverbed HARD.

A bunch of our pitchers became hitters and vice versa. Which was alright for our batting but kinda rough for our pitching.

I appreciate that they're letting us vote on the forecast, as a fan of the Pies "Birds" is the only possible answer.

Also I have cast hundreds of votes for everyone else to get a Fifth base, I look forward to what is to come.

God this Fridays/Breath Mints game is great. It's trying so hard to end but it just can't.

edited October 2020
    Not content with a record-worst 21-78 regular season record, the Fridays are going to boldly strive to add a few more games to the loss column, because we got randomly selected to play the Wild Card series. Time to see if all that party time was worth anything.

Update: we couldn't quite pull off the series win but we gave the Tigers a scare. They thrashed us in the first game 13-1, but the Fridays rallied to win game 2 and held a 5-4 lead in the 7th inning of game 3 before the Tigers eventually pulled away. This is simultaneously the worst and best season in Fridays history.

shalmelo on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Nagomi McDaniel was pecked free by the birds and according to blaseball news network immediately hit both a 2-run and 3-run homer.

Time to face to crab.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SEEK SHELTER

liEt3nH.png
    We may not have won the championship, but all in all I think this was a good night for the crabs.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Welp, I'm sufficiently terrified.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Well everyone is gone

Time to crack us open a Nut God

EDIT: wait, they’re back now that I’m on another device; was it a glitch?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    Was this a good night for anyone? says the fan of the team who tried to spite god and has now lost like half their team.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Fuck it. I'm dialing into this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqwvJbkVPhU&ab_channel=Joshatiel is the video that got me into it.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    Lanz wrote: »
    Well everyone is gone

Time to crack us open a Nut God

EDIT: wait, they’re back now that I’m on another device; was it a glitch?
    Yeah that was just the site getting swamped and having trouble loading the players.

Lasbrook wrote: »
    Nagomi McDaniel was pecked free by the birds and according to blaseball news network immediately hit both a 2-run and 3-run homer.

Time to face to crab.

The Peanut's plan was nearly perfect, but they made one mistake. Nagomi got out just in time to avoid being recruited to the Pod team. She's free, she's angry, and she's about to become omnipotent.

d9a06tyrmrvs.jpg

x440hwirmrsy.jpg

When did she get those modifications?

Each team had a random player get the Fire Eater, Siphon and Friend of Crows buffs, which I assume are related to the decrees that passed. I haven't looked through all the rosters yet, but so far Nagomi's the only player I've seen who got more than one of the buffs.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    hopefully Nolanestophia comes back from the Shadows one day

also lmao at Miami fans spending all our votes trying to kill our team, and not getting a single blessing, just like always EDIT: I can't read, we killed an umpire let's goooooooooo

Crippl3 on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    OH FUCK MIKE TOWNSEND IS BACK

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I love how we created some kind of super pitcher in our shadows, and then also retrieved pitchers from our shadows but we didn't get Goodwin Morin

We got Mike Townsend

Also holy shit our pitching stable is miserable now huh

Maddoc on
    My beloved Breckenridge Jazz Hands got hosed this election

No blessings at all, shame bubble. Oof.