As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Malifaux]2 Ed- Ripples of Fate! Victorian Horror skirmishgame

1282930313234»

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Reading the Nephilim cards more and I really really like how Grow works now. It’s no longer a pair of upgrades and is built into the models themselves, which is great.

It’s also not tied to killing certain level enemies, just killing any enemies and devouring Corpse markers with their Bonus action.

This turns Tots into flankers looking for injured enemies to finish off, Young and Lelus into damagers to prepare meals and Lilitus into meal lures. Rather than being a kind of additional scheme to try to accomplish the crew as a whole is built around Grow.

Really big fan.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Goddamnit I thought I was out and they've PULLED me back in.

I'm digging the streamlined ruleset and cards.

If I stick with it, would any of you fools consider playing on VASSAL? I did it before in 2e, and I can only assume it's easier now.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Played a game with Titania tonight against my brother. We just played Strategy (Turf War) because we haven’t played in a year or so plus learning new stuff. I wanted to play Titania a lot last edition but always defaulted to Pandora. I’m not a fan of Pandora this edition so I’m using the excuse to change over to Titania.

He took the Viktorias, with Vanessa, Big Jake, Malifaux Child, Taelor, a Ronin and a Bandito. I had Titania, Gorar, Aeslin, a Rougarou, 2 Autumn Knights and 2 Bultungin with Nefarious Pact on the Rougarou and Inhuman Reflexes on Titania.

The crews main annoyance, Underbrush markers, is hilarious. I had 8 at deployment all over the board, and was up to I think 16 by the end of the game, with Titania shifting them around for bonus damage and various Fae using them for extra damage on attacks.

Titania herself feels like they went with Royal Indignation as her template. At 14 wounds, Df5, Wp7, Hard to Wound, immunity to severe damage (counts as moderate), Life Leech and a 2 wound self heal trigger on her 8” range attack, she’s a huge tank. Just hurting her is hard, and she can easily heal back.

Autumn Knights are deceptively tanky, as are Fae in general. Knights, Aeslin and Rougarou all have Hard to Wound, with Knights also having armour +1. With most attacks going down to 2/3/4, you’re usually only getting hit for 2, 3 if they get lucky. Titanias severe damage swap to moderate is a 3” aura so good placement and she can stop someone getting severe damage on important models.

I had two highlights this game. First was the Bandido trying to knife an Autumn Knight, Red Jokering his attack. The Knight Red Jokers his defence, wins, declares Ram for Parry trigger and kills the Bandido. Just hilariously good luck.

Second was an Autumn Knight charging a Viktoria, dying, being reborn through the Gorar, charging Viktoria again and killing her.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    After initial stock shortages and the pandemic, I finally got a game of third Ed. in yesterday!

A win for my Lucius vs a Sonia. Great fun, though a full 50 stone game for a new edition and at least a year off playing may have been a little optimistic as it took us 5 hours. I barely felt the time go though as goddamn do I love this game.

The thing Lawyers do now where that can draw the top card off the discard at the start of the turn is great. Use a 13 in defence to dodge an attack and then just pick it straight back up again!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Now that I've nearly got my 3,000 points of Genestealer Cult bought, I've turned my attention back to Malifaux since it's still being played actively in my group.

Went and grabbed a bunch of stuff I was missing for Titania and Pandora, who I have settled on as my mains. Aversions and Lyssas for Pandora, Bultungin for Titania. Though now that they've done these weird combined boxes, I have a spare Iggy and pair of Rougarou, though my nephew is happy to take those off my hands.

All I need now are the Silent Knight (cause Killjoy is fugly) and a box of Waldgeists (which I can already tell I'm going to have to wait for Zoraidas box in December and offload Zoraida, Juju and the Doll to someone).

Also, buying those three boxes means when I pre order Withces and Woes next week, I'll have spend enough to get Rotten Harvest Candy and Baby Kade, which I am so hyped for. So far Neverborn have not gotten any special edition crew boxes, and the fact that the first is my girl Pandora? Yyyyeeeessssssss.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Oooo.

My 40k. Buddy is starting to play Malifaux again.

Wheres this spec edition crew for Pa doea??? Link?

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Oooo.

My 40k. Buddy is starting to play Malifaux again.

Wheres this spec edition crew for Pa doea??? Link?

The crew box is getting a store release, so it's more of an alt crew box than an LE.

Spoiling the images because they're kinda big. This is the crew box - same as her normal crew box but without Candy or Baby Kade. Halloween themed, so Pandora is a Witch and the Sorrows and Poltergeist are Scarecrow themed ghosts.
    WaldosWeekly_9_16.2020_Box.jpg.45dd33ea60bfd49afc9783205b474154.jpg
    WaldosWeekly_9_16.2020_Renders.jpg.24bd8ac45ebf587a81f479476aebbff3.jpg

Baby Kade and Candy are done, but they're separate LE models. They'll be available during holiday sales. There's an October promotion where spending $75us gets you one, $150us gets you both.
    WaldosWeekly_9_16.2020_BabyKade_Render.jpg.11f02c3a41f78ce2988a95b255e25267.jpg
    WaldosWeekly_9_16.2020_Candy_Render.jpg.2fdc47c886419503c5ae7eb06c261574.jpg

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    How are people doing miniatures gaming in the time of COVID, anyway? I've been eyeing Malifaux for a while, but now seems like a particularly silly time to get into tabletop wargaming :razz:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Depends where you live. In Australia (well, NSW at least) stores can have people in them as long as they maintain distancing (and a 4’ table does that well), and houses can have up to 20 guests.

So I’ve had the odd game by getting a table at the FLGS or at my brothers house.

Others are doing it via Tabletop Simulator or Vassal (Wyrd have official Vassal modules for Malifaux, The Other Side and Through The Breach).

It’s not an ideal time for the hobby. Most people are using the lack of gaming time to catch op on painting.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    How are people doing miniatures gaming in the time of COVID, anyway? I've been eyeing Malifaux for a while, but now seems like a particularly silly time to get into tabletop wargaming :razz:

They haven't stopped in San Antonio, that's for sure.

The people here...worry me.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Grabbed Witches and Woes, and also a Neverborn fate deck that put me over $150us, so I also just submitted my claim for Rotten Harvest Candy and Baby Kade.

Started painting an Aversion and a Lyssa, and it's super weird painting them at the same time as a bunch of 40k minis. 40k minis are cluttered with detail, a lot of which isn't really necessary. Wyrd models by contrast are very plain.