As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragalia Lost] EoS. officially lost.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I don't know. I can't remember the last time they did double drops for high dragons, but I've also never gone into the high dragon trials really at all until the last couple weeks.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    To be fair they only just created the Solo side with the new patch. They're probably experimenting a bit, spacing things out so people can farm what they want.

Lemme tell ya it's real nice to be able to auto an Agito, even if it's just Standard, and not have to deal with groups demanding meta units or bust. Managed to make Volk sword and wand, though not looking to unbind either just yet.

I dream summoned Grace so I should probably get to soloing mKai, right?

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Well I guess there are two types of high dragons that you can farm then. We not me. My teams aren't stronk enough for me to solo them yet. The bots will just do something stupid like stand in the fire.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    Team comp determines a lot of it. Templar Hope is kind of a lynchpin in most of the solo groups for wind content because of his party wide healing double buff, though you need at least a regular 6* sword for him to really shine. He and Lowen together pretty much keep the team at full health even when they're standing in garbage. Victor and Lief deal the damage for me, but you can easily sub in Sylas, Hawk, or even regular Ranzal if you can get them to 100.

edited October 2020
    I feel like I've got a very good selection of adventurers due to several lucky streaks on banners. I know that my weapon library is lacking, and that I'm missing facilities that hold me back a bit. I've only played on and off with this game, so I'd wager that I'm missing the majority of event facilities that provide a not insubstantial boost to units.

I'm trying to focus on getting healers online for co-op to help get the ball rolling on getting HDT trial weapons setup and hopefully agito not long after. My Marth might be ready or close to ready for the wind Agito fight. These dragon essences are finally starting to get some of my dragons MUB'd.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    If you can get chimera weapons for whoever your main units will be, and just get the void weapons for them upgraded for the bonus dragon damage, that is about enough for most of the characters you'd want to bring to those fights. The facilities might be tougher, but most of them are available in the compendium, with the bonus of the wyrmite and tickets that are available from them.

Nintendo posted a video yesterday reminding us how awesome the music in this game has been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcqi9OKDU3E

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i can't decide if this focus on HDT weapons is future proofing a next step for them or just giving a broader range of options to people. but that's odd because chimeratech are still stronger up till HDT2 with 1 upgrade.

Like personally the only HDT weapons i need or would be easier for me to make are light ones, because the tartarus fight is very hard to solo and not exactly fun to coop

edited October 2020
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Nintendo posted a video yesterday reminding us how awesome the music in this game has been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcqi9OKDU3E

I was just listening to some of those songs the other day.

Also, I just had a thought. I believed that I was content with my ability to Spark Illia by the end of this. But then I realized: "What if my girl Alex gets an alt for Halloween?" Suddenly my priorities became clear. I don't think that I can take that risk. I hope that one of the freebie rolls gives me Illia.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    From the announcement today, it looks like there's a short Halloween defense event coming up next. New Halloween characters appear to be Melsa (definitely) and Akasha (I think). Hard to tell with the costume. If it is Akasha, then the costume actually makes her look less creepy.

That is definitely Akasha

New Akasha? Give me more Heinwald/Curran/Lathna Cthulhu family drama!

I didn't expect the halloween banner to be the next one. I might be able to spark Illia then.

About how many wyrmites/tickets do we normally get in a month? The next alt-costume threat for Alex would be Christmas I think.

3DS Friend Code:
    There may be more than just the two characters in the banner image, and I'm fairly confident that there will be a regular Halloween event after the defense event, although it could be a rerun, so who knows. The good news is that they always (as far back as I can remember) give you the details for the next banner before the current banner expires, so you can wait till the last day to try to spark Ilia if so desired.

• MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    Do sparks/wyrmsigils persist across banners?

Maratastik wrote: »
    Do sparks/wyrmsigils persist across banners?

No. You get wyrnsigil remnants after the banner ends that you can use for other not as useful stuff. It's not bad, but it's definitely not a pity rollover.

• MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    So does that mean you can only use them to buy a banner character? Or can you buy any character (that doesn't have limited availability like gala units)?

So does that mean you can only use them to buy a banner character? Or can you buy any character (that doesn't have limited availability like gala units)?

You can only spark the focus units (the ones with the boosted rates). In other words, at present the only character that we can Spark is Illia.

3DS Friend Code:

You can only spark the focus units (the ones with the boosted rates). In other words, at present the only character that we can Spark is Illia.

And the dragons are Jeanne D'Arc and Cupid, so you probably have them already. Not worth sparkling them.

And the dragons are Jeanne D'Arc and Cupid, so you probably have them already. Not worth sparkling them.

Yep. You're correct. I didn't expect that since the appearance rate menu doesn't list those two on rate up, but they are indeed on the "wyrmsigil" menu.

Moral of the story is that it is indeed a small subset of the characters that can be sparked. I suppose that we'll need to check the wyrmsigil menu to be sure, but I'm under the impression that the majority of the time it will be the showcase units with the bolstered crafting rates.

Cururu wrote: »
    There may be more than just the two characters in the banner image, and I'm fairly confident that there will be a regular Halloween event after the defense event, although it could be a rerun, so who knows. The good news is that they always (as far back as I can remember) give you the details for the next banner before the current banner expires, so you can wait till the last day to try to spark Ilia if so desired.

I'm definitely holding onto my stash until the final day. Does anyone recall if they've done multiple seasonal banners that feature new units for the season? I know that they've re-run old seasonal banners but I was under the impression that they'd bundle all of the new halloween units into the same banner.

Now I'm getting scared. Wasn't one of the FEH units split up? Wasn't Tiki on a different banner than Chrom and Peony? I recall there being drama about that. Is everything bait? Is amassing a stockpile large enough to double spark the only way to be safe?

I want to avoid the following situation:
    *Final day of the illia banner*
    Me: Oh look, the new halloween banner doesn't have a halloween Alex. I'm going to spark Illia now

*Final day of the halloween banner*
    Me: NOOOOO!!!! They have a second Halloween banner featuring new units and I'm gonna miss out on Halloween Alex!!!

3DS Friend Code:
    The one exception seems to be the gala banners. Gala Zena's banner had a bunch of units available to spark.

The one exception seems to be the gala banners. Gala Zena's banner had a bunch of units available to spark.

Not really. It just had Zena, Meene, and Midgardsormr Zero.

The one before it had no focus at all, so it had the whole lineup of Galas to spark. But otherwise if there's a focus that's all you can get from sparking.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i took a break for about four months and now... this.
    as a returning player, what do i even focus on right now?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The first thing you'll need to do is re-equip all of your teams with weapons and prints (pick whatever you think is best to start, look into loadouts later). The second thing is to just go do the content you were doing last and see how it feels with the new balancing and weapons. If you can't remember what you were doing, you're probably best to poke around with Void Battles and figure out the most difficult content you can accomplish and then going from there.

Lucedes wrote: »
    i took a break for about four months and now... this.
    as a returning player, what do i even focus on right now?

Void Weapons, if you didn't make them before. There's now one for each weapon type and element in that type and they changed all the abilities that were on Void Weapons before to be unlocked by unbinding the "new" versions. So things like Petrify Resist and such. Once you unlock a weapon ability like that though, it's unlocked for all weapons of that type. So if you unlock Petrify Resist (Fire) on a Fire Wand then all Wands will have that ability unlocked.

They also pushed all the other abilities into Void Weapons too. Chimera Damage +30%, Astral Damage +30%, even High Dragon Damage +30%, so you can see why unlocking those abilities is vital for doing the higher content now.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    This raid runs like absolute trash on my phone :///

I’m sort of starting to figure everything out again. The void weapons thing I never would have gotten on my own, thanks everyone. Are the weapon bonus things like +.5% HP/Str also universal?

edited October 2020
    They are, but it looks an an intense expense for a 0.5% boost. Looks like a late game resource sink to me.

edit:
    Also, am I reading this right? We're getting a DRAGON banner instead of a the Halloween one? So I won't know if we have a third seasonal adventurer waiting in the wings until after my window to spark Illia has expired.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I've been doing Expert Tarturus runs for Agito materials and man, the cheese run is so much easier than doing it the "right" way with a light team.

Ok, I swear that I checked the UI a billion times and it told me that I had until 1:00 on the 13th to finish the Illia banner.

Turns out that I'm not sparking Illia and I'm keeping my stash. At least I've got a spark ready in case they surprise reveal an extra seasonal like a Halloween Alex or a Christmas Alex.

3DS Friend Code:
    Ilia is really great, but if she's not what you want then keep saving for what you do want. Most of us have been playing long enough that we have more than enough characters to fill roles on our teams, it's just a matter of who's cool now. I'll cross my fingers for an Alex alt for you.

edited October 2020
    I'm a little bit bummed out since Illia looks like a blast to play and anecdotally people seem to be getting good numbers with her. I did want to spark her and I swear that my UI said that the wyrmsigils expired on the 13th.

Alex is my favorite character in this game and I was bummed that I missed out on her gala, and I didn't yet have a big enough stash to spark her during the banner near the start of the anniversary celebration.

I think that I have been blessed by good rolls and have a strong stable of characters. IIRC, I have at least once offensive character in each color that can be considered "meta" although I don't necessarily have meta characters that cover all of the status resistances. I just only have a handful of them built up, and I have a ton of weapons that I need to build not to mention all of the facilities that I've missed out on.

I'm at at the point where I've got teams with might in the ~20k-23k range. I think that I just need to build up the right character to break into some of the agito fights and I should be good. I might be able to do it right now with Marth or Lowen.

edit:
    Also, surprisingly I'm missing Templar Hope who've I read is an extremely useful 4*. I see him in the drop table but he won't drop.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Templar Hope was a bad found a niche in eCiella. Since the rebalance he's become way better, and I'd run him in a whole lot of stuff.

• RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I finally finished grinding the mats necessary to get all of my dracoliths to max level, the last of my non-maxed facilities. I feel like Frodo after the ring was destroyed in Mount Doom.

Russad wrote: »
    I finally finished grinding the mats necessary to get all of my dracoliths to max level, the last of my non-maxed facilities. I feel like Frodo after the ring was destroyed in Mount Doom.

I've been doing the same thing. I had ignored those and the fafnirs for the longest time. Now I have all but dark maxed out (I forgot to run Zodiark on Saturday when the rewards were doubled). I was hoping Zodiark would have double rewards today, but he does not appear to.

Facility level is over 2000 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V76_z08-Rig

Melsa is so cute!

Akasha as a water blade makes me sad though. I want her, but you expect me to bench Valerio? Wat?

Hold up, is that Galex's remix? Suddenly I'm very happy that my schedule got mixed up and I failed to spark Ilia.

Alex is my favorite character and I was bummed out that I missed her original Gala. The fact that she's overpowered makes those words sound a bit hollow, but I really do want her as a character.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited October 2020
    Can anyone else confirm the following:

In the "Showcase info" page for the banner, it shows the banner expiring at 12:59 AM on Oct 19

However on the wyrmsigil page, it displays that wyrmsigils are available until Oct 20 at 00:59

Is that a display bug like I think that it is? AFAIK the wyrmsigils expire alongside the banner. The former is displaying the time in a 12 hour format, while the second is using 24 hour format and it is offset by a whole day.

edit:
    That feeling when a rainbow spear falls down and it's Xanfried.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    For me banner expires at 10/18 10:59pm and Wyrmsigils show as expiring at 10/19 22:59, so their data is probably wrong.

Opty on
    edited October 2020
    I think that the date and time stamp are adjusted for local time. But I think that the the wyrmsigil date is just wrong.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code: