As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Low Bar: Cleared!

Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho HoDisconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
edited September 2021 in Debate and/or Discourse
There was going to be a double header tonight, but more New England players tested positive. So, Denver/New England will be rescheduled. Again.

Now, celebrate the coaching styling of Dan Quinn!
2020-10-02-FalconsChoke.png

Santa Claustrophobia on

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This is a weird season. San Diego is now up 20-3 with less than five minutes in the half.

• Options
    eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    Chargers defense is stout as hell and Herbert is a soul crusher at QB

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    All it takes is for one player to fuck up and there's a 64 yard td pass.

• Options
    They took brees out, of course the qb is going to run it.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    1 minute left down by 1, opponent has 3 timeouts... kicks the extra point

Edit: at least they didn’t play prevent.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Such a chargers game.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Oh man they donked the kick to win that hurts my soul.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Gotta be pleased with that game as a chargers fan.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Buffalo/Tennessee is on CBS right now.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Lots of pretenders getting exposed in the AFC.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I forgot there was a game tonight. My gf is gonna be pissed. She already thinks sports are on every day. And with the nba finals, league of legends , and football being postpone till Tuesday, I get her point.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    hmmm leveon homeless again
    maybe pats?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    So, is miami just horrible, tennessee awesome, or is tannahill a legit qb?

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    RickRude wrote: »
    So, is miami just horrible, tennessee awesome, or is tannahill a legit qb?

Aka how the hell does Adam Gase still have a job?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Tannehill is looking pretty legit. He's like 13-4 as a starter in Tennessee.

Also as a titans fan I am beyond hype at this victory, especially after all the Bills fans have been talking so much trash the last week.

• Options
    Sometimes I'm happy for tannahill, others I'm salty. We took a chance on him in the draft, we groomed him for 4 years, and he never really produced. Then again the team sucked, the offensive line was horrible, and his receivers didn't help him constantly dropping passes. Running game? When's the last time miami had that. Ricky williams probably and Dave wanstadt wasted him.

I hope he continues to find success, but wish he could have been the guy in miami. I always liked him.

• Options
    Sometimes I'm happy for tannahill, others I'm salty. We took a chance on him in the draft, we groomed him for 4 years, and he never really produced. Then again the team sucked, the offensive line was horrible, and his receivers didn't help him constantly dropping passes. Running game? When's the last time miami had that. Ricky williams probably and Dave wanstadt wasted him.

I hope he continues to find success, but wish he could have been the guy in miami. I always liked him.

yeah it's amazing how a change of scenery can change things for a player. Hopefully Tua turns out to be a great franchise guy (especially after learning under Fitz). The dolphins are looking good this year and have been one of my faves since I was a kid.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Bills are still legit - Josh Allen actually looks pretty confidently in control of the offense, which I never thought I'd see (well, that one headscratcher INT he threw tonight I did think I'd see). Also their punter is fucking godlike, wtf

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The Bills have a really tough schedule

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Bills are still legit - Josh Allen actually looks pretty confidently in control of the offense, which I never thought I'd see (well, that one headscratcher INT he threw tonight I did think I'd see). Also their punter is fucking godlike, wtf

From what I've seen of Josh Allen my main criticism is that he seems like a dumbass. Like, last week he had a play where he was under pressure and ended up chased 10-15 yards behind the LOS and took the sack when he could've easily thrown the ball away well before that. That sack took them out of field goal range, in a game where they were already up two TDs. There was no need to go for broke and if they take the field goal they're now up two TDs + a FG.

So the fear is that he's gonna do dumbass shit like that INT but without the explosive plays to compensate for it, but so far that doesn't seem to be true.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

From what I've seen of Josh Allen my main criticism is that he seems like a dumbass. Like, last week he had a play where he was under pressure and ended up chased 10-15 yards behind the LOS and took the sack when he could've easily thrown the ball away well before that. That sack took them out of field goal range, in a game where they were already up two TDs. There was no need to go for broke and if they take the field goal they're now up two TDs + a FG.

So the fear is that he's gonna do dumbass shit like that INT but without the explosive plays to compensate for it, but so far that doesn't seem to be true.

I think this is a problem that a lot of the younger "future of the league" qbs tend to have. Deshaun, Lamar, and Allen especially. They get on a streak and it's hard for them to fathom not being able to simply put the team on their backs, so they make a bad decision and get severely punished for it. Then that feeds into a cycle of bad decisions. I think it's largely a maturity thing that they'll all grow out of given the chance, though.

• Options

In his defense, I've yelled at veteran qbs for doing the same thing. It's not hard to throw it at a running backs feet.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's funny to remember that Russell Wilson was referred to as a "game manager" in his first few seasons, which really just meant "he didn't make the same dumbass mistakes we expect from young quarterbacks."

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It's funny to remember that Russell Wilson was referred to as a "game manager" in his first few seasons, which really just meant "he didn't make the same dumbass mistakes we expect from young quarterbacks."

Also that he was constantly negatively compared to RG3 and Andrew Luck, because he
    1. Was smart enough to take care of his body and had a coach who wasn’t trying to kill him
    2. Wasn’t allowed to do all the things he was capable of (like throwing the long ball) because the OC wanted to focus on the run and short-yardage high-percentage pass plays

And yet both those guys are out of the league now and he’s sitting pretty

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Also that he was constantly negatively compared to RG3 and Andrew Luck, because he
    1. Was smart enough to take care of his body and had a coach who wasn’t trying to kill him
    2. Wasn’t allowed to do all the things he was capable of (like throwing the long ball) because the OC wanted to focus on the run and short-yardage high-percentage pass plays

And yet both those guys are out of the league now and he’s sitting pretty

While true I think it's very arguable that neither of those players are out of the league because of their lack of smarts but rather because holy hell were they abused to hell and back by legitimately terrible management and coaching.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

He was failed by his head coach(es); the latest in a long line of QBs that got fucked over in the Miami system.

It seems as if Flores is working towards breaking that, but we won't really know until Tua is the starter.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Point of order, RG3 is Lamar’s backup, very much still in the league

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    'You look tired. Have a lie down.'

• Options
    I love Timothy Burke’s Twitter

• Options
    There will be no Pro Bowl in 2021.

The world shrugged.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

The world shrugged.

They still do that anyways???

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

The world shrugged.

Isn't it in Florida these days? I’m sure the governor will try and order them to have it.

• Options
    It's supposed to be in Las Vegas in 2022.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

The world shrugged.

I’ve long thought they need to just release an All-Pro list, in part because some years so many of the first choices are hurt or injured that you end up with the 5th and 6th best players in their positions being considered “Pro Bowl” caliber.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

The world shrugged.

I’ve long thought they need to just release an All-Pro list, in part because some years so many of the first choices are hurt or injured that you end up with the 5th and 6th best players in their positions being considered “Pro Bowl” caliber.

That's basically what they're doing this year.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

The world shrugged.

Isn't it in Florida these days? I’m sure the governor will try and order them to have it.
    He absolutely would.

But yeah, the Pro Bowl is (as of late) in Orlando, FL the week before the Superbowl. Because Hawai'i the week after the SB isn't good enough, I guess?

sig.gif
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    While he hasn't been particularly productive (yeah, understatement), I'm kinda surprised to see that the Jets arsed Le'Veon Bell at this stage of the season.

Mainly because with the guaranteed money, are the Jets really going to get a player capable of doing better?

Having this particular front office and coach make significant personnel decisions seems like the wrong move, given the future they deserve.

I dunno which sucks more for Jets fans. That their coach appears to be fucking up their team right good, or that there's a non-zero chance they won't pull the trigger on him, and he'll still be there next year.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Dammit now the Falcons have 4 positive tests.

The league got my hopes up but was just getting lucky early

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+