As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I genuinely do not remember that

gonna need to new game plus arr some time
    It is initially proposed so that it can be built up to be a place for the displaced ala mhigans to settle, but is ultimately stopped because the person doing it also wants to own everything and ultimately have an entire population of indentured servants

The REAL reason, as is mentioned earlier, is to plunder all the sweet Allagan stuff.

The person is...either Telegi Adelegi or the other one, I can’t remember

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Lalafell
    I genuinely do not remember that

gonna need to new game plus arr some time

The character in question is
    Teledji Adeledji.

Perhaps the end of his story was what stuck in your mind more.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Also, trademark watchers point out a possible name for the next expansion.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Lalafell

I can see those Critical Engagements getting super toxic.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    So there are 1v1 critical engagements. I can see those being both really cool and super stressful.

Found one where some mnk got in. There was a crowd of people watching and cheering them on. And then they died.

It's neat how it had this arena like aspect of watching somebody fight a match, but that mnk had everybody watching them fail and that's gotta be rough.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Wooooo managed to relocate my house to my ideal spot in Goblet!

4jucpSh.png

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!
    ey4ve9h0wpa0.jpeg

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    How do people save up the gil to buy a plot of land?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Bucketman wrote: »

Varies. Crafting and gathering can be lucrative, especially right at new content drops. You can farm some extremes for drops, treadure maps, etc.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Roegadyn
    Sell materia on patch day.

Javen on
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Javen wrote: »
    Sell materia on patch day.

Ya if you don't craft then selling rank 8 and 7 materia when new 8-person raids come out is one of the easiest ways.

Hardcore raiders are going to be buying the new crafted gear and will buy tons and tons of materia trying to get them fully melded for the first week or two.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »

Varies. Crafting and gathering can be lucrative, especially right at new content drops. You can farm some extremes for drops, treadure maps, etc.

Speak of treasure maps I have like 3 to do I just need a group

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Treasure maps aren’t the fastest way to make money, but they are BY FAR the most enjoyable.

Doing maps as a group is legit some of the most fun I’ve had in this game.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Wooooo managed to relocate my house to my ideal spot in Goblet!

4jucpSh.png

I think that's the exact same plot my house is on. Well not exactly the same, presumably it's on a different ward. I hope.

Shit, I better go check and make sure my house is still there.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    alternatively, if you are too lazy to do maps, mine 1 treasure map a day and sell it on the MB for anywhere from 30-50k gil.

selling random gathering mats and intermediate crafts is how I make most of my money, though I'm not exactly rolling in gil.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    From the sounds of things it is significantly easier to grind the mats for the relic weapon outside of Bozja than in Bozja

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    alternatively, if you are too lazy to do maps, mine 1 treasure map a day and sell it on the MB for anywhere from 30-50k gil.

selling random gathering mats and intermediate crafts is how I make most of my money, though I'm not exactly rolling in gil.

Is there some trick to finding treasure maps in mining nodes?

• Options
    Roegadyn
    From the sounds of things it is significantly easier to grind the mats for the relic weapon outside of Bozja than in Bozja

yeah they are a 100% drop from FATES if you get a gold rating, as far as I can tell

Just uhhhh, make sure you're grinding for the right one, unlike me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »

Is there some trick to finding treasure maps in mining nodes?

Not really, there is just an 18 hour cooldown between maps appearing, which is shared between all map types. In my experience it only takes like 2-3 nodes for a map to appear once this cooldown is up, so I just go to Lakeland once a day and hit a few nodes to get my daily map.

Note that you can only hold 1 of each type of map in your character's inventory, though you can store extras on retainers (and maybe your saddlebag? I haven't actually checked this)

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    yeah you can have 1 open map in your inventroy, one bottled map, 1 bottled map in saddlebag, and one bottled map on each retainer.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te

Bozja had a best-in-slot leveling earring, so that's something: if you have 1,000 forgotten fragments appraised, you get a lvl.1 il.430 earring that scales with your level and gives +30% EXP below level 80. And +3 Haste within Bozja, which is probably big.

• Options
    Au'ra
    Neveron wrote: »

Bozja had a best-in-slot leveling earring, so that's something: if you have 1,000 forgotten fragments appraised, you get a lvl.1 il.430 earring that scales with your level and gives +30% EXP below level 80. And +3 Haste within Bozja, which is probably big.

Holy... yeah, I may focus on Bozja until I get that at least. That's useful. But haha... yikes at Bozja being worse on odds. Coerthas FATEs are trivial.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Au'ra
    Eh. I'm ok with the odds being worse. I'm going to do the Bozja stuff anyways for its storyline plus Bozja gives pretty good experience for any jobs you have between level 71 and 80.

Bozja lets me work towards multiple things at once where if I just did the HW fates I'd get my weapon faster, but I wouldn't get Bozja progress or get easy levels on some of these jobs I have in the 70s

H0b0man on
  • Options
    Au'ra
    Well, the Yokai event is active still and you can also overlap the first Anima weapon step since its HW FATEs, but yeah. Being able to level while working on the new weapon stage (again) is a big improvement over Eureka.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Miqo'te
    I'm watching folks do Bozja on Twitch, it looks cool
    The critical engagements look harder than I thought they would be lol

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Crippl3 wrote: »

They're real fuckers

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Au'ra

They're real fuckers

A red chocobo is committing massacres on patch day? Where have I heard that one before...

• Options
    Au'ra
    The duels are also pretty fun to watch.

1 person who signs up randomly get selected for them and every one I've seen has gone like this

First 20 or so seconds: everything is fine. Maybe some aoes but nothing crazy.

After that: Boss does some new mechanic that just one shots you if you don't know about it in advance.

Yet to see somebody win a duel, though it is the first day

• Options
    Miqo'te
    Polaritie wrote: »

They're real fuckers

A red chocobo is committing massacres on patch day? Where have I heard that one before...

To be fair, that wasn't one chocobo.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I was stuck in queue until about 15 minutes after maintenance ended, but still managed to buy my target plot of land (albeit the subdivision version). I just wish they'd decided to expand with more than 3 wards per city. One thing I did just discover is that fighting the Striking Dummy while in Shirogane plays the Stormblood combat music, which was nice. Getting the outdoor decorations all set was simple enough, but I still have no idea what to do for the interior yet.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I made the mistake of logging in at 605 instead of 6 so by the time I made it in all the new plots were gone already.

Currently trying to snag one of the plots where someone relocated from, and this invisible timer is literally killing me

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    The Chocobocalypse was glorious, and I'm glad I was a part of it.

To those who don't know the context: This happened on patch day for the second set of the Return To Ivalice raids. You needed to complete a mission where you find a missing Moogle. You find him in one of those "you are about to get attacked" rings, and approaching him spawns two Red Chocobos. Red Chocobos have always been quite nasty, using a signature spell called "Choco Meteor", which here was a standard AOE attack that does high damage if you get hit. Here's the thing, though. Because this was patch day, everyone was going to this location to do the mission, and spawning their own pair of Red Chocobos. Their Choco Meteor spells could hurt anyone, not just the person who spawned them. And they didn't go away if their target died.

That peninsula quickly became choked with a gigantic flock of Red Chocobos, all using Choco Meteor at unpredictable times (because there were so many, spawned and aggro'd at different times), killing many, many adventurers trying to thin the flock. And any new people wandering into the mess made the flock continue to grow. Lots of people earned the achievements for resurrecting strangers that week.

• Options
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    my girlfriend and I only just started playing about a month after stormblood launched

we coincidentally got to the point in the msq that took us past that spot when the chocobopocalypse was happening

and we had no idea what was happening

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    redchocobo.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    what could possibly go wrong with creating a private military from a bunch of washed up adventurers with no government oversight and helmed by a wealthy 16 year old

guess I'm gonna find out soon

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    what could possibly go wrong with creating a private military from a bunch of washed up adventurers with no government oversight and helmed by a wealthy 16 year old

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    PiptheFair wrote: »

guess I'm gonna find out soon

it’s prolly fine

This discussion has been closed.