As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] Game is out and it's real good!!!

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    I...what???

I didn't touch lance in pre-Iceborne times. Hell, I barely even touched gunlance. If I wanted a shield, I'd use charge blade. Otherwise, I was solidly an Insect Glaive flippy ninja. In Iceborne, though, I've found Lance/Gunlance to be incredibly strong and I'll use them to basically cheese every fight up to Safi.

This concept of any of the lances being particularly bad is completely foreign to me and makes no sense.

It's not that they're bad, it's that Lance was just really really good pre-IB.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I wish the IB update hadn't pushed the game past what my machine can really handle.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Not that it probably helps you, but when I updated my mods today, I noticed the mod loader requires another pack that's supposed to greatly improve game performance, things like how badly CPU capped the game is.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Not that it probably helps you, but when I updated my mods today, I noticed the mod loader requires another pack that's supposed to greatly improve game performance, things like how badly CPU capped the game is.

Last I tried to load, all mods were broken. Are they letting us do mods again?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Mods are definitely still working for me. I think things had to be updated early today because of a patch but otherwise they've worked great.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    This is the performance improvement mod. Make sure you remove all mods you had, you will either need to download their updated version, or remove them if they did not get an update.

https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterworld/mods/1982

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Seriously

Why is the rajang fight so stupid and awful

They basically made it impossible for me without a heath mod

jungleroomx on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Seriously

Rajang has always been stupid and awful, but Capcom itself and way too many fans have constantly given it a free pass because it's "iconic".

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Seriously

Rajang has always been stupid and awful, but Capcom itself and way too many fans have constantly given it a free pass because it's "iconic".

"We made all of these mechanics for fighting monsters more fun

Now we're gonna take them all away for this stupid ape that just constantly spams."

w3rnda5ibmtp.png

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I was kind of excited to see Rajang return to World on the assumption that its moves and attacks would be updated ala Rathalos to suit the new engine, oh what a fool I was!

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Rajang is at least a nightmare as DB, stupid ape never stands still, still havent bothered with Furious Rajang.

MR Kulve Taroth fight has been annoying to say the least, not due to the monster itself but most fights fail because randoms cart so much, please get those 2 pieces of Gold Rathian with Divine Protection 5 if you keep fainting to a stiff breeze.

I love Divine Protection 5, makes tempered elders much more manageable.

Sirialis on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Had a dream I had a pet Rathalos about the size of a large dog. It tried to eat some sort of rusty metal pipe, started bleeding from the mouth and then I picked it up, started freaking out and running around a hotel asking if there was a doctor.

Weird, I've never really been a fan of the raths. If I was going to dream of owning a monster, I thought it would be a Kulu. Precious chicken boy. <3

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Dragonbone layered Dual Blades looks sweet, never seen anyone use them or the look before.

Base game where I ran elementless with awful looking Diablo Clubs DB is but a distant memory.

Really looking forward to facing Rajang in Iceborne, actually.

One of the few monsters I wasn't able to defeat in MH4U. Got an old score to settle.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »

One of the few monsters I wasn't able to defeat in MH4U. Got an old score to settle.

He's just the worst.

He's just the worst.
    Does he still do Sonic spinball attacks from the air?

Shit's hilarious.

He's just the worst.
    Does he still do Sonic spinball attacks from the air?

Shit's hilarious.

Yeah but that's probably the most easily avoidable thing

It's the constant spamming of regular attacks that do more chip damage to me than most unblockables that I find stupid

I ended up watching some videos on his move set and their tells, it helped to some degree. Of course I was also playing LS so I can its great counter to handle some BS.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    sweet i'm getting consistent fatalis solos now

edited October 2020
    I often dont get people to join when I put out a SOS, for Kulve for example.

Then I looked for another SOS to join and skipped the lone Dual Blade postings and was like “Oh right, thats why.”

Average random dual blader fucking sucks, too many run glass cannon builds without the skills to back it up.

Is it needed to tenderize faces/horns before a wallbang adds to horn damage? Read that somewhere and unsure if its true or not.

Sirialis on
    edited October 2020
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Average random dual blader fucking sucks, too many run glass cannon builds without the skills to back it up.
    Hey, thats not..

Okay, yeah. Its true. I've really grown to like dual blades in Iceborne but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't clocking in longer times on my hunts compared to every other weapon.

Dr. Chaos on
    edited October 2020
    Its okay to suck but if certain people repeatedly are the ones carting 3 times in a row in group events and fucking it up for everyone else, it gets a little tiring.

I’m a little miffed that the “Light weapons can tenderize in 1 hit now” turned out to be more like, spend a ton of decos to meld this specific new Shaver deco that also takes up a tier 3 deco slot, only then can you tenderize in 1 hit.

I still dont know what the new Safe Landing deco does.

Sirialis on
    edited October 2020
    I'm glad I can tenderize in one grapple hit, I try to keep the meownster consistently wounded everywhere when fighting in groups.

Except for Rajang, because fuck that entire mechanic I guess.

jungleroomx on
    I'm in the minority for sure but I've always liked Barioth's design more than Tigrex or Nargacuga.

Saber-toothed cats are cool, man.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Barioth is such a zoomer pos

edited October 2020
    Narga, Anja, Stygian Zinogre, Kulu, and Pukei are the best fight me.

Kulu is such a stupid idiot chicken boi I love him

jungleroomx on
    I'm a sucker for anything thats a brute wyvern. My favorite group.

...except for Uragaan. Radobaan is cool though.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I'm a sucker for anything thats a brute wyvern. My favorite group.

...except for Uragaan. Radobaan is cool though.

fight uragaan with pierce HBG with shields and he's a joke

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    So I jumped on yesterday for the first time in ages and all the armor I was wearing was just able to be upgraded. I swore when I last played I needed to grind out some annoying bits to do the armor level cap removal. Was that changed?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So I jumped on yesterday for the first time in ages and all the armor I was wearing was just able to be upgraded. I swore when I last played I needed to grind out some annoying bits to do the armor level cap removal. Was that changed?

maybe? they increased the armor cap again post launch at some point. you might still have another tier of upgrades to unlock still

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Had a dream I had a pet Rathalos about the size of a large dog. It tried to eat some sort of rusty metal pipe, started bleeding from the mouth and then I picked it up, started freaking out and running around a hotel asking if there was a doctor.

Weird, I've never really been a fan of the raths. If I was going to dream of owning a monster, I thought it would be a Kulu. Precious chicken boy. <3

Personally, I'd want a pet mini-Nargie or a sparkle pony.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited October 2020
    Naphtali wrote: »

maybe? they increased the armor cap again post launch at some point. you might still have another tier of upgrades to unlock still

Oh no.

So is Safi Jiva a good place to start on getting better weapons and armor when the event rolls back around? Or maybe I should work on getting/upgrading Kulve Taroth stuff right now? Not sure where decent upgrades lie since I expect it'll be a while before I'm qualified to attempt the new wyverns.

Saldonas on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Nargacuga would be neat. Zinogre is my choice because doggo, but... hmm...

Lagombi maybe? Or just goof bear Arzuros.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

Kirin definitely needs a butt stallion subspecies.

Or sizzle kitties

I think they're p cool as long as I'm not fighting Lunastra

• UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Naphtali wrote: »

Oh no.

So is Safi Jiva a good place to start on getting better weapons and armor when the event rolls back around? Or maybe I should work on getting/upgrading Kulve Taroth stuff right now? Not sure where decent upgrades lie since I expect it'll be a while before I'm qualified to attempt the new wyverns.

The Safi Jiva set and weapons are a good baseline for later content, they can pretty much last you till Fatalis. Raging Brachy weapons w/ blast is a step up from there, followed by Alatreon (Dragon) then Fatalis (Raw/Dragon) imo.
    MR KT is mostly for getting weapons with high elemental damage and is entirely optional. Elemental DBs and Savage Axe CBs come to mind. They do help with the Alatreon fight but still are reliant on the safi jiva armor set because of how good the set bonus is

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
    1 Kulve Taroth run, 4 Golden Dragonsphires, 2 from horns, 1 from body and 1 from quest rewards.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    The full trailer for Paul Anderson's 'I Was Transported To Another World And Now I Have To Hunt Monsters!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1qwginrWU

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    The full trailer for Paul Anderson's 'I Was Transported To Another World And Now I Have To Hunt Monsters!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1qwginrWU

Well the monsters look like monsters so thats a plus.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    man what is the evil eye carve rate

had three kills with none from carving