As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I just booted up GFL for the first time since... fall 2018 or so? they added a lot of stuff wow

i like the exploration thing

@""Dongs Galore"
    If you haven't yet already, do a speed run through the first few chapters of the story. There's new player rewards that they added, but existing accounts need to backtrack to pick them up. There are lots of cores to be had.

Also, when it comes to neural mod upgrades, M4 is arguably the best choice for your first upgrade.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    edited September 2020
    @Dongs Galore
    I don't know how I managed to mangle my @ in the previous post. Must've been some quirk of phone posting. I just wanted to point out that we're also expecting a Gunslinger Girls collab event to arrive sometime in the next few months, so you'll probably want to try to get at least a few echelons to level 90 with x5 links to insure that you can clear the content. I don't know how geared up your account is. If it's not very much, then clearing through chapter 6 will do a lot to jumpstart your progress with the aforementioned new player reward.

An ARSMG team that's essentially the AR-Team minus M16 will make a serviceable ARSMG team. In fact, once upgraded with their neural mods and special equipment, pretty much the whole AR team are S-class units. As for a first rifle team, M14 is a common and top tier rifle. Combining her with some handguns and some other self buffing rifle will probably be able to handle any Rifle content in the collab.

They added a lot since fall 2018. Fairies, HOCs, and neural mod upgrades are all pretty huge late game resource sinks for veteran accounts. It's a lot to take in at once.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Handy guide for current mods.

https://gamepress.gg/girlsfrontline/neural-upgrade-priority-guide

Next major story event will give us mods for 416, UMP9 and Type88. From what I've seen and read, Type88 is going to be another one of those really good mods that you want. The good news is she is a 3* so she is relatively cheap.

For battery sinks, I'd work on getting your basecamp upgraded, since that will be it's own source of batteries. Not to mention getting combat reports, general parts, special combat reports and cores. So it helps to cut down the grind, which is a facet of it's design. You'll definitely want to get the fire control cores since those will be needed for mods and we don't get many chances to acquire them. Pretty much once a month from the black market when it restocks and whatever events are willing to hand out, which seems to be limited mostly to major stories.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I have one ARSMG team at ~23k and an RFHG team pushing 20. I need to get my other AR team up

edited September 2020
    Honestly I haven't used CE as a meaningful metric for a long time, so I'm not sure where that falls. Just focus on getting the teams to level 90 with x5 links.

A priority should be clearing the story. That includes backtracking to square one to get the new player rewards. That may be sufficient to get your teams topped up and in ship shape. I don't know precisely what they're going to throw at your during the collab event, but all of the new events have included a normal mode and a hard mode. I'm 95% sure that a player starting from scratch and who proceeds through chapter 6 IIRC to finish unlocking the AR team should be capable of clearing normal mode thanks to the new player rewards. You may very well not be able to clear hard mode, but that shouldn't matter too much. All of the unique collab loot like the collab units and cosmetics will be normal mode rewards. The hard mode rewards will be caches of common loot rewards like bundles of skill training data. You probably won't lose any sleep on missing out on a few hundred units of training data.

Continued progress through the story will unlock the fairy chamber and HOC garage. Getting your foot in the door with these are nice since you're awarded a Command Fairy and BGM-71 for free upon unlocking the facilities. Once you unlock fairies, you'll want to do some heavy equipment production to create some fairies. Don't get carried away trying to upgrade the fairies quite yet since they're a huge resource sink, but even getting entry level fairies of any type attached to your squad will provide nice stat boosts. The command fairy boosts XP generation rate, so it's nice for grinding XP.

As far as upgrading facilities go, upgrading the expedition chamber is a priority since it gives you a lot of nice loot. You don't need to max out the storage boxes if you are diligent with periodically checking in to collect the loot. Getting a large collection of pets to maximize usage of advantaged pets is a long term but low priority goal. However you may want to adopt at least one pet of every type (dog, cat, bird, other) to help bias your expedition destinations to what you need. Note that you may desire two or even three dogs since there is a much larger demand for the loot from the snowfields.

I think I would probably rate the HOC analysis room, the fairy chamber, and then your combat reports room as the next priority for your batteries. Completing your pet collection ranks lower than upgrading any facility. Note that you don't really need to upgrade the HOC repair facility. It will be exceedingly rare for them to be involved in direct combat whatsoever.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited September 2020
    25k on an ARSMG is low 90s at x5. I have more than enough cores to x5 another echelon, I just need to grind them up. I've cleared the story except for the night missions on the last couple chapters, but need to do the Campaign chapters.

I produced a couple fairies but idk how to use them, can I just leave them on auto?

What's the Theater and why can't I seem to do anything in it?

e: new player rewards? as in they've added new rewards since I first cleared them?

Dongs Galore on
    25k on an ARSMG is low 90s at x5. I have more than enough cores to x5 another echelon, I just need to grind them up. I've cleared the story except for the night missions on the last couple chapters, but need to do the Campaign chapters.

I produced a couple fairies but idk how to use them, can I just leave them on auto?

What's the Theater and why can't I seem to do anything in it?

e: new player rewards? as in they've added new rewards since I first cleared them?

Fairies:
    You just attach them to a squad. Fairies buff a squad in three ways
    1. Their passive stat buffs which always are in effect
    2. Additional stat buffs from their talents, such as the Damage I talent on your freebie command fairy. Talents have a randomized proc rate that improves as you upgrade the fairy and ultimately caps at 100% proc rate when fully enhanced...it's a pretty massive resource sink to enhance fairies to 5* levels. It's along term thing
    3. Bonuses from their skills. Your ability to activate fairy skills is limited by your supply of fairy commands which regenerate over time at a rate that is controlled by the upgrade level of your fairy facilities. Combat fairy skills can activate their skills every battle, and those are the ones affected by the auto on/off switch. You can manually engage or disengage the skill for the next fight regardless of the state of the auto switch. Strategic fairies can only activate their skills once every couple of turns, but they tend to have out-of-combat effects. A few examples, the paradrop fairy lets you relocate an echelon to a nearby helipad. The illumination fairy illuminates a larger radius around your squad at night. The construction fairy fortifies the tile into a zone that grants additional buffs to your units.

Theater:
    Theater was a community event. It ended a week or two ago. You can still access the theater mode to check out the scoreboards. I was late editing the title of this thread, so I'm sorry if that confused you into thinking that it was still live. It wasn't the kind of thing that you could grind out in a day or two though. You had to cumulatively participate for every day of the event.

New Player rewards:
    They were added sometime in October 2019 IIRC. You'll need to replay the first few chapters of the story to unlock the rewards.

https://gamepress.gg/girlsfrontline/new-career-quests-and-progression-full-list-quest-rewards
    ^LOTS of combat reports and cores. Also, new players receive the AR-team in a state where they're already partially leveled and linked. Veterans who already owned the AR-team receive compensation in the form of equivalent cores and combat reports that would have been required to upgrade their level 1 units to the equivalent state.

3DS Friend Code:
    Personal experience with HoCs getting damaged courtesy of nodes covered in toxic material on a ranking map, and reading what others have said, proves that the repair stuff for HoCs doesn't matter. Not unless you are a completionist or you get one of those cases where you can just have a damaged HoC chill there because you don't need it immediately. Be it one damage or the entire health bar, your HoC will be sitting in the repair bay for over a day if you don't want to spent quick repairs on it. Chances are you'll more often than not want to use that HoC ASAP.

I probably should like put together a guide on battery sink priority since no one has done one really for new players.
    -Upgrade gate console to level 8 so that you can send out five t-dolls for expeditions.
    -Only upgrade gate console to level 9 if you happen to have three pets courtesy of events or as story rewards for like the one or two gacha costume sets that reward them. Though IMO I'd still hold off. Pets tend to be a huge sink and even though midmission rewards will sometimes be batteries or other really useful things like, gold equips, training data; especially advance data and memory fragments. Getting those is RNG and what you get is also RNG. Better to sink batteries into sure bets when they are limited.
    -Upgrade storage rack to meet your needs. You want to avoid expeditions being a waste of resources because your rack was full and the rewards ended up being forfeit. I want to say level 2 or 3 will be adequate. If you check the game often everyday, you could get away with having just one level on the storage rack, but some might find that a little tedious.
    -Get the HOC listening post to level 10, this generates sample that you can analyze.*
    -Analyzer should be raised to level 3.*
    -Briefing station should be raised to level 7*
    -*Given difference in battery costs and how they flow in, you can do some alternation between these three. It probably makes more sense to say get the listening post to lvl 3 and then get the other two to level three before going back to the listening post.
    -Get listening post to level 10.
    -Level sample storage structure to a level that works for you.
    -Level fairy chamber stuff to max, except for fairy command storage structure. You can get away with leaving that at lvl 9 if you have other priorities.
    -Go back to HoC room and level the Analyzer to a level that works for you. It doesn't need to be maxed, it just needs to be at a level that lets you burn through samples at a rate to avoid capping on them.
    -Go to the garage, upgrade the training range to lvl 10. Also note, until you hit lvl 10 on this do not use special combat reports for training your HoCs because the lower this structure is the more batteries will be needed per point of xp. You get max efficiency at level 10 and you'll need it sense training HoC skills, they have three, cost batteries and to go from 1-100 requires 5000 special combat reports and to use those reports, you need batteries.
    -Level your chip storage to a level that works for you.
    -Get you HoCs to lvl 60 so that they can use 5* chips. BGM should be the first one you do this with.
    -Get skill one on BGM trained to lvl 7
    -Get skill one on 2B trained to lvl 7
    -Get skill three on AGS trained to lvl 7
    -If you haven't gotten three pets yet, get your third pet and then get the gate console at your expedition base camp raised to level 9.
    -Probably get your fairy command storage to 200, granted only matters if you intend to do ranking semi-serious or seriously. On the other handing, tis nice to go into exp weeks with 200 commands for bombing the shit out of the 9-1N exp route with an adequately leveled airstrike fairy and no handguns (not unless you don't feel like AFKing).

At this point it really depends on what you want to do. If you don't really care about ranking, you could get away with neglecting you HoCs. M2 and when they add AT4 to the general pool, have uses but you'll mostly see that in ranking and the original three will cover your non-rank stuff. At some point, you'll want M2 at lvl 60 with SL7 for her first skill to make some things a bit easier to deal with. You also want AT4 at lvl 60 for theater, since two good shield breaker HoCs is the current meta for consistent core 8 clearing (if you don't care about ranking, there is still merit in being able to clear core 8, in that you can hit the max individual point goal sooner and then ignore the remainder of theater). Don't even think you need to do anything with AT4's skills to make her work for theater either, I mean it makes things die faster, but it doesn't help her break shields. Though do note that if you raise her first skill, you'll want to take that to SL10 because each level increases the percent that it does the AoE damage, so you might as well make it guaranteed.

As armchair suggested, it's worth getting one of every pet. More advantaged pets means hitting the basic expedition resource jackpots (they have a boosted chance of finding mysteries zones that give you more of the gifts). They also boost the chance of getting mid-mission rewards and those can be really nice as previously mentioned. Seriously, amazing when you get one of the highly desired gold equips, like HV ammo or tanking exos. At some point, it's probably worth getting two of every dog, that can be adopted. You eventually hit a point where other stuff will keep going up and you buy everything out the first of the month that doesn't require gifts of the snowfield. I'm pretty sure you need to roll with like two advantaged dogs for a week or two to get to that point for snowfield stuff.

Probably invest some in the data room to fit your needs, it helps with having handy stuff for certain events. If you can quickly pop out combat rewards, the bingo events that require you to spend 100 batteries or gift 10 gifts to t-dolls become easy mode. I think lvl 4-6 on most stuff will be adequate for most things. I would probably do this before going heavy into pets for expeditions because pets are pricy. Also the data room increases the rate you can turn out special combat reports as well, which is useful if you do intend to max out your HoC levels.

At some point, whether you go for completion or not. You'll have to figure out a balance between getting more pets, leveling/maxing non-critical room structures and raising HoCs levels past 60, raising their non-priority skills. This is especially true, if you decide you want to be semi-serious with rating and more so if you are primarily or exclusively free to play because it's going to take a bit to all of that.

Finally, an important thing to note with HoCs. BGM and 2B are the only two, where it's worth maxing out all three of their skills. 2B would be the first one to get all three skills maxed out because you'll always 98% of the effect from doing do. Get 2B's debuff skill first because it is really handy, and then get her deceptively worded second AoE skill last, it's not skill 1 and it's not nearly as good as the description makes it out to be. Still it's more AoE damage to make mooks dead faster. BGM gets less out of her stacking lethality skill, one lethality isn't a priority for her and things have to live long enough for it to stack up on, you run into such things, but you'll run into mode pure mook packs that die before that can hit two stacks. AGS has two skill worth training to max, after her third skill is trained, you want to get her second skill that helps with her damage. You could probably ignore her precision skill, but basic data and batteries are cheap enough, that it might be worth getting to SL4. It doesn't do a ton for her because HoCs don't suffer the night penalty, cannot miss structures or shield break attacks. So only really useful for regular hits and mostly killing mooks, but her AoE is only okay. AT4 has a similar setup to AGS, she has one skill where it's probably not worth investing into past basic data. She can lower enemy accuracy, but it doesn't stack with other sources IIRC, but depending on how things go might be worth raising to SL7 if you get enough enemies you deploy her against that don't have sure hit attacks. That's the big thing holding the skill back, is that she usually gets deployed against things that spam your units with grenades or try frying them with lasers. Sure it'll troll strelets, but those guys are pathetic enough that you don't want to invest too much into trolling them. Her third skill is pretty solid, doesn't need to be SL10 to avoid instances of it being a dud. M2 is weird, she has one skill that is worth getting to SL10. After that, she has a precision skill, which probably does more for her than AGS because she is actually solid at kill massed mooks, not as good as 2B, but it doesn't do enough to really be worth it. She is also the only HoC with a skill that is dubious and might actually not be worth the basic data depending on who you ask. In short the skill will randomly buff a random unit upon hitting any enemy with a buff that increases evasion and accuracy, this can stack to three. Problem is that buff may be useless for the unit that gets it. For instance, you're running AS VAl Mod 2/3, with adequate buffs to have her second skill up enough to not need a night scope since it's perfect accuracy, if she has perfect accuracy, then more accuracy doesn't help. If evasion is doing something for her, well things have gone horribly wrong for you.

At some point I probably should make an account on reddit or a new twitter account, but kind of loath to do so. Would like to the devs the following things for QoL stuff.

-Having the option to go directly to the salvage yard when at or above max capacity for t-dolls or equips.
    -Having a setup at expedition base camp where we can choose between manual, auto until weekly reset and full auto.
    -Now that I've looked at the new quests, the only real fix we need at this point would be replacing daily simulation runs with a daily on spend sim energy, including surplus. The current setup pretty much forces at least a double login in for the day and with how most sims are setup. Well it doesn't work with the reality of sims at all. Get sick or have a busy day and you get the shit choice of either getting the dailies done, but get short rewards from the combat sims because you're doing nothing but beginner level or forgo getting the daily quests. Data sims seem to be the only one that works with any real flexibility, unless you badly need advance data or literally have to spend one energy at a time and need something other than basic data. Defense drills doesn't work with the daily at all.
    -Massively buff HoC chips to make doomsday Tetris relatively trivial. They've already admitted it's not working as intended and now that we know a fix is inevitable, really kills my already low motivation to deal with fucking things. Also would be a good way to get ahead of potential blow back because I have a feeling that doomsday Tetris is fundamentally at odds with the design goal being more of a thing for tastes. Either it matters that the whole board is filled out or it doesn't. If it doesn't matter, then what is the point of having it to begin with. If it matters to fill it out, well that really eats into freedom of choice because it now has stuff that people want maximized. Either way they will probably get some blowback, but massively reducing how many resources they cost would minimize it because the resources currently used are fairly trivial. Only one that stings is calibration tickets and that's only based on how old an account is for the most part.
    -Up the cap on energy, really should be a once a day deal IMO. I've had days where I've been sick or busy and end up capping my energy and missing out on stuff.

Then ask if they are happy with the following.
    -Fairy talents. Seems like the only goal they've met is making it so people don't want to reroll talents unless they aren't happy with the one on the fairy they plan on using. Only problem is the RNG with fairy talents is bad enough that you try to get one that natively rolls a decent or good talent before raising it. Only suffering the awfulness that is fairy calibration when you need a specific fairy skill or get enough of type clogging up your roster, that you have to pick one. Next is the whole issue where a good chunk of the fairy talents might as well not exist. You pretty much have Fervor and DMG II as the go to ones. Crit II and Armor II seem to be niche. DMG 1, Crit I and Armor I are fallbacks if you don't want to or can't wait for better. Literally, everything else might as well not exist. So fairy talents seem prime for a revisit and might be a good candidate for rng removal since they've stated they wanted to reign that in.
    -What fairies are being considered as substandard. I doubt barrier, sniper, rocket and defense are the only ones on the radar and I seriously hope they didn't consider any of those four be good enough.
    -They've mentioned wanting to reduce how much grinding we've done. So have to wonder if we'll see an expansion of the forward base camp to have something akin to a mission board (think WoW) or commissions (think Azur Lane). Seems like a way to give people a shot at collecting resources and giving us a passive way of earning xp on units.

Anyways, bets on what day we get the new patch? I believe they stated we get it either the 2nd or 3rd week of September. Given we're in week two, we probably get it next week. I'm thinking given that this is a major overhaul of daily and weekly quests, which reset on Monday, that we might get it the 14th instead of the 15th. It preempts a ton of potential drama because if I were the devs, I wouldn't bother trying to convert stuff. New quests go in and you essentially get a refresh when patch hits. So potential for people to complete all the weekly stuff on Monday for more tokens and some of the other more desired resources and then have fresh dailies on Tuesday or at least get one last run at the ones going away or being changed.

I hope that everyone has luck with the crafting rate up. I got away pretty lightly and managed to craft everybody. I'm still over the softcap, so I'm feeling pretty decent for the general rate up.

A reminder. 5* rates aren't improved at present. It's just the overall crafting rates of the new units. The general rate up will feature improved overall crafting rates.

3DS Friend Code:
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    got all the new tdolls in about 200, 250 contracts? wasn't really counting because i had plenty of everything

Someone on my friends list claimed that it took 1000 contracts for c93, which is a big OOF.

3DS Friend Code:
    Someone on my friends list claimed that it took 1000 contracts for c93, which is a big OOF.

she did in fact take the most contracts for me as well, but that's pretty yikes

i mean due to nothing new after isomer i've been sitting pretty on a pile of resources + contracts with no reason to spend them, but even 1k would be a damn big chunk of my contracts

I just double checked the pm and he said 1100 contracts. That's like 140k resources for most resource types.

My contract pile is a bit low since I've been lax with my logistics. I keep getting caught up with life and then I sit down at the end of the day and realize that it was data day.

3DS Friend Code:
    I think it took me less than 150 contracts to get all four. Wasn't really paying attention to contract count and my resources are in pretty good shape. Had almost 200k manpower, 170K ammo & rations and like 170K parts. Ammo is down to 109K, so I'll have to focus on that a bit before doing something that focuses on ammo and rations going into the general rate up. The last 4* & SMG that I had yet to craft, believe it's PP 90 (like three SMGs with a very similar name) showed up, so don't have to rely on daily crafts or 10-4E to make her drop. Bit sad that neither K2 or ADS showed up when I was crafting the other guns, but given how quickly I got them, not surprising either. I do have to say there probably is some truth behind the voodoo recipes. Only one that took a bit was C93. SIG popped up first and I think the recipe I was using was more optimal for the other AR. The new SMG probably took a bit longer than the ARs.

Anyways, have to resist the urge to queue up the best voodoo recipes for the two ARs I'm still missing until general rate-up happens. I also spent the last two weeks doing some checks of end chapter maps and have gotten all the drops. So the last three guns I need are crafted 5*: ADS, K2 and GR Mg36. I'm hoping with voodoo stuff, I can snag Mg36 during rate-up and make some attempts at the too ARs. Want to save a nice stack of resources for fairy crafting, namely want to use T3 crafting with the best recipe for combo fairy. If I get her and still have a good resource stash, drop to T1 crafting of fairies at the 500X4 recipe. Granted the plan assume that the next collab doesn't give us a true core and I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish i could give you some of my K2s, I have gotten like 4 of them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    We have confirmation on new client release. It goes up on the 22nd, so next Tuesday. Don't know if it still applies to anyone, but if we have anyone new that lurks, who hasn't bound their account, probably should do so. I'd suggest the Sunborn Japan option, I do believe that is the EN publisher because fuck giving FB and twitter more access to your internet life.

https://old.reddit.com/r/girlsfrontline/comments/iv4bl2/v20600_client_update_optimizations_revealed/

-Note that the 22nd is the last day of the general equip crafting rate-up. This is important in regards to the new client because we get the special order feature, which lets you craft a specific equip, but your limited to 20 per week. So if you really want a specific equip, like more HV ammo or need more tanking exos. Then you'll want to keep resources on hand to take advantage of that. The downside of the feature is that you can guarantee yourself HV ammo, but it could be all grays. Assuming this still works with rate-ups, the special order could be very good for ensuring you get to walk away with some of the equips you wanted after a rate-up.

-Also we have exp rate-up. If you have an airstrike that can curb stomp 8-1N, I'd suggest saving up enough commands to knock out the kill regular machine and armored machine quests on Monday. I figure Mica does one of two things. We either get a clean slate on weekly quests, so you use that as a chance to get some easy resource hauls for the fairy rate-up, while getting gobs of exp, or the new weekly stuff doesn't go into effect until the week after. I'm leaning towards we get a clean slate, but even if we don't airstrike spam of 8-1N is really cheap and only costs manpower, you'll get equips to turn into resources, likely won't cover the full manpower cost, but both weekly quests give a nice haul. A few of the other weekly quests are probably worth doing this for. This include training, if you can spare the data. Chip stuff, but that does eat a pretty chunk of resources, even if it just 20 (note if you have 5* of all HoCs, I wouldn't bother since all you get are samples under the old paradigm). I guess since it's rate up, you might as well clear the equip one. I wouldn't both with the t-doll one or the god forsaken 100 repair one (yes, you could game it, but do you really want to?). If you have calibrations tickets to spare on Monday to knock out the fairy calibration, might want to do that before the meager discount quest goes.

-We also get an unequip all button.

-Finally, we get to run combat sims with the units and gear we have against shit we'll face on maps. Combat sims that cost you nothing and don't involve starting up a rating map and hiking your echelon over to whatever you need to test things on, hoping you don't piss away too many resources. Don't know if you can kill a hydra deathstack that is killable, just fire up the sim and slot in what you have that could fit the bill. Then find out if your stuff is up to snuff without anyone of your units or resources getting destroyed.

-Pet adoption page will now tell you if you have a pet and if you have dupes of said pet.

-Also you can apparently toggle on stuff to select 4* stuff. So for those of you with nothing but 5* equips, if you can limit it to just equips, you can now speed up inventory clears. I guess it's an option for t-dolls, but I foresee people forgetting they have it on and nuking copies of units they had set aside for 3* and 4* units that they either intended to raise or use as link fodder.

-Also you can autobattle campaign stuff now. So that is a more resource expensive but time efficient option for people that are trying to complete the pokedex.

I want to reiterate Mill's warning about the upcoming update. If you're making use of a guest account, then bind it to some other form of authentication such as a Sunborn ID or whatever the other options are (facebook, gmail, twitter?).

If you're utilizing a guest account, there may be a risk of losing your progress in the transition between clients.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited September 2020
    fg9v43ds96m7.jpg

The october roadmap confirms that we'll be getting the Gunslinger Girl collab in October. I'm lagging behind on my friend points. I don't think that I'll have enough FP to buy all of the GSG backgrounds.

I hope people got some good rolls during the rate ups. My M2 mortar team is 4* now, and I have a few fairies at 5* now (technically they need a few more levels to reach 5*, but they're sufficiently enhanced to be 5*). My sniper, rescue, and shield fairies all reached 5* enhancement range, and my command and warrior fairies aren't too far behind.

edit:
    I also picked up a third paradrop fairy who I'm keeping mothballed for now.

I need to sit down and look at this target practice thing eventually.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    I spent pretty much all my resources in fairies, with a bit on dolls. Dolls didn’t get me much, I didn’t get any of the missing smgs or ars or hgs I was looking for, but did get a lot of cores.

Fairies were so so, I got a decent amount but didn’t get anything to 4* like I had hoped.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Well I'm one t-doll away from having the pokedex completed. Just need ADS. MG36 didn't take to long. K2 took a bit and I ended up with two copies of her. I'll just have to hope my daily crafts yield ADS or that we get some sort of event that makes her easier to acquire.

My 24 crafts during equip rate up was kind of meh. Managed to get another HV ammo and that was it. Still, going to take advantage of special orders, since that's a good way to fill out slots once you have a ton of gold equips anyways.

Fairy rate-up was okay. I was fishing for combo fairy, but did not get her. I did manage to score 4 construction fairies and one of them rolled damage 1 natively, so was able to roll them up into on unit for space saving. I'm really close to having my first 4* fairies. I just need to figure out how I want to go about with regularly fairy crafting. If I'll make a stab for combo fairy on Mondays as I get the weekly done or if I'll ignore it until I get some five star fairies or the next rate rolls around. From what I understand, SC might not provide a good setup for it to really shine.

The only complaint I have about the new client that is new, is what they did with fairy commands. I hate that I have to go to settings to get it on auto for maps where I want to AFK airstrike or not have to remember to activate my fairy every turn. It's also really annoying because I have to click on an echelon to see how many fairy commands I have, during combat.

Well seeing how rate up week is live now for night SPEQ drops in Chapters 1-10. A handy guide on whether one is worth one's time and in what situations the might be worth it. https://gamepress.gg/girlsfrontline/should-you-farm-special-equipment

Bit sad they forgot one reason for farming M16's SPEQ. That she is great for making maps during events cheaper, if they have the right enemy composition, that she can effectively troll the mobs.

Anyways, I'd say STAR's, M16's and Stechkin's SPEQs are probably top three to get because most people should be making use of them if they have them. Only one of those is an obnoxious drop, but Stechkin is a solid handgun and she only gets better with her mods. After that, you get some where it depends on what you plan on doing. Others that do improve unit performance, but said units needed a ton of help that their Speqs can't cover. Finally, one SPEQ that should ignored unless you want them all for some reason (I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist until Mica gives either it, MG3 or both an intervention much like what they did with FAL. I Suppose they could also give MG3 a mod that fixes her issues even if she has her current SPEQ).

Got my first 4 star fairy, which was illumination. The way things are going, it might be my first 5* as well. Still debating if I should just feed it 14 more illumination fairies or take a break and give the other illumination fairy up to three, since that only requires 4 more of them IIRC.

One thing that is becoming apparent, now that I'm in a spot where my primary crafting thing is fairies. Still chasing for ADS as the last crafted unit, and only unit, that I don't have. Mica needs to revisit their resource formula. I know overall most things don't use parts, but once you hit a point where most of your crafting is using an equal number of parts, you run into an issue where part income starts to lag way behind everything else. At the same time, it becomes clear that manpower, while it does actually see a fair bit of use is attached to too many of the good logistics missions, so you end up in a spot where you're trying to bleed the stuff off, while getting the other resources to a similar level as it. Pretty much, Mica needs to account for the fact that a good chunk of logistics were probably build without fairy crafting in mind, that manpower probably should be dropped on some for parts. It's not game breaking, but it is annoying when you hit that point.

As awesome as the new patch is. It's really highlighting how dated the rigidness of combat sims is. I've never been a fan of the whole, you must log in twice a day, in a way that ensures you don't cap energy. The model feels even worse with the new quest design because the final tier of combat daily stuff, is the one thing you'll often be stuck waiting around for. Also again, defense drills don't play well with that daily and it really falls apart on days you don't have data sims and you end up letting energy cap and miss out on energy. Sims are pretty much designed sot hat you always want to run anything that isn't DD or data on the max difficulty level. So if you miss out on one energy, in order to get the daily done, you have to run three advance runs and one intermediate, but the the intermediate is less efficient. Anyways I'm surprised they didn't move it to spend one energy for the first tier of the daily and then three more energy or the second tier. This would have fixed most issues, since you could get the daily quest stuff done ASAP. Still crap on how rigid it is, but DD would actually play nice with it. If you overcap, you'd still have the ability to finish the daily quests without have to drop to less efficient setups. All that said, having tried some other stuff, I think I'd love to see them copy azur lane's daily thing to a degree. Instead of having the energy trickle in every two hours. You get 12 energy at server reset and can spend it down. That means you only have to worry about sims once a day and if shit happens, as it does in life, you aren't in a spot where you know you're losing out because adjusting your login times to avoid energy overcap just isn't feasible.

All that said, the new patch stuff has been fantastic. I still need to sit down and do the new night chapters, but life and genshin impact have been distracting me. Probably doesn't help that I've always found night maps to be my least favorite type of map and still a bit miffed at how awful 9-1N was.

I've been getting swamped by real life as well. I'll finally sit down to relax at 8 or 9 PM and realize that it was Data Day. I'm trying to at least grind enough XP to convert my batteries into combat reports, but I've been losing ground. I've also been neglecting my friend point farming. I read that we'll need friend points to buy some GSG backgrounds from the friend store during the GSG collab, but I don't have enough if they cost 15k each like I heard.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited October 2020
    I'm finally progressing through the story again (i had stopped at Chapter 7/Arctic Warfare) and man, I forgot how good GFL's story is. Easily the best gacha plot I've experienced. The protagonists are far more compelling than they have any right to be in an anime game about sexy gun robots whose clothes keep falling off.

The cafe stories are all pretty good too, alternately sweet and dramatic.

e: the only gacha I think has comparable emotional weight is Kancolle, and that's purely because most of the kancolle girls represent ships that you know are fated to die in battle

Dongs Galore on
    I'm finally progressing through the story again (i had stopped at Chapter 7/Arctic Warfare) and man, I forgot how good GFL's story is. Easily the best gacha plot I've experienced. The protagonists are far more compelling than they have any right to be in an anime game about sexy gun robots whose clothes keep falling off.

e: the only gacha I think has comparable emotional weight is Kancolle, and that's purely because most of the kancolle girls represent ships that you know are fated to die in battle
    Don't forget that you can play through a lot of the old story events in addition to the chapters.

I really hated UMP 45 after how she acted in Arctic Warfare, but Deep Dive delved into her character and explained why she acts like she does. She was still a jerk, but her backstory supports her actions. Singularity is another high point.

3DS Friend Code:

to be fair their clothes only fall off if you let them get shot a bunch, which, i think if i got shot a bunch there probably wouldn't be much left of me much less my clothes

Orphane wrote: »

to be fair their clothes only fall off if you let them get shot a bunch, which, i think if i got shot a bunch there probably wouldn't be much left of me much less my clothes

if I remember right, Calico's cafe story involves her legs getting blown off, which would be a much less sexy graphic

Continuum Turbulence spoiler
    We do kinda see that with SOP2

3DS Friend Code:
    I've been binge watching season 1 of Gunslinger Girl in advance of this collab. I've got about three episodes left. Oof, it hits you right in the feels at times.

3DS Friend Code:
    So for those that get chapter 10 night done. If you haven't noted it already, 10-2N can be done completely with dummy echelons and unlike the budget maps of some past events. It isn't ass. Sure it takes 5 turns, but you aren't constantly clicking units and micromanaging movement out the wazoo to make it happen. So it's a good map to keep in mind for weeks, where you need to reduce resource usage because of a rate-up. So probably worth going through the hell chapter that is 9-1N to get to this chapter to get 10-2N unlocked.

edited October 2020
    I just started watching season 2 of Gunslinger Girl last evening. I can see why people view it as a step down in quality.

The collab started today. Be sure to collect your daily event currency so that you can unlock the assorted rewards from the event shop. Also, don't overlook that a halloween point event started today as well.

yrl3gyni6rc2.jpg

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    i've been this close to quitting gfl just because i find with the stay at home i don't have as much time to putter around on my phone as i used to and managing dailies is just enough work that i don't feel like dealing with it. but i guess i'll at least run through this collab.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Dailies are much more manageable now with the revamp. Only one that ends up being somewhat obnoxious is combat sims. I do not miss the old repair dailies that required you to do 28 repairs, WTF MICA!" Anyways, if you find those to be a chore, you could always go for an approach of hoping onto the game for just events or when you feel like playing. It's only going to be really an issue if you were shooting for collecting all the non-collab units, which I think it just massively slows down, or if you didn't build up your core units. Once you have a good core set of units, dailies really are only good if you're trying to collect all the units and have a massive roster of event ready units.

Someone in Mica needs to have the perennial rule of "if it ain't broke, leave it the fuck alone; especially, if the only reason you want to mess with it is for looks." The change to the fairy command stuff continues to be a shit show. "Hey, I know you left the thing setup so that if this unit gets attacked, the fairy skill will be used, but fuck you, it won't!"

Knight_ wrote: »
    i've been this close to quitting gfl just because i find with the stay at home i don't have as much time to putter around on my phone as i used to and managing dailies is just enough work that i don't feel like dealing with it. but i guess i'll at least run through this collab.

Honestly, most days I just get my crafting daily quests done. Beyond that I just try to keep the torch lit with enough EXP income to try to stay on top of my battery income in terms of combat report generation. I've been really busy with work these past few months and have had other events eating up my free time. I still need to eventually sit down and clear the past two night chapters.

For EXP grinding, I vastly prefer 6-4E. I can post the grinding route later. It generates far more EXP per run than any other map that I'm currently aware of, although I should probably check the new ones eventually. Most of the super-serious crowd are more focused on EXP per resource, but I don't have time for that. I gladly pay a premium on resources to save some time.

I have a pretty good stable of dolls though, so I'm content with mostly maintaining a holding pattern rather than trying to break into top 100 territory.

3DS Friend Code:
    edited October 2020
    I've been binge watching season 1 of Gunslinger Girl in advance of this collab. I've got about three episodes left. Oof, it hits you right in the feels at times.

the collab's story is very sweet and sad

i want to protect henrietta

e: also whoever does the translations for these really hits a higher level of prose than the average gacha translator

Dongs Galore on
    edited October 2020
    [
    Mill wrote: »
    Dailies are much more manageable now with the revamp. Only one that ends up being somewhat obnoxious is combat sims. I do not miss the old repair dailies that required you to do 28 repairs, WTF MICA!"

When did the revamp they dailies? Because since I started back up I've been kind of like "this is much less painful-in-the-ass than I remember, why did I quit?"

Dongs Galore on
    [
    Mill wrote: »
    Dailies are much more manageable now with the revamp. Only one that ends up being somewhat obnoxious is combat sims. I do not miss the old repair dailies that required you to do 28 repairs, WTF MICA!"

When did the revamp they dailies? Because since I started back up I've been kind of like "this is much less painful-in-the-ass than I remember, why did I quit?"

with the new client a few weeks ago

also oh no the story select is Scarborough Fair

edited October 2020
    This is kind of a crumby drawing and I wish that I could turn off the dumb cloud overlay, but this is what I personally do to grind EXP when I don't have the time to babysit the game. You need three combat ready echelons, auto resupply must be enabled, and IMO damage protection should be turned on just incase of bad RNG with the dragoon fights.

1: Paradrop team comprised of badasses that can take on those three dragoons. Honestly, those dragoons are the toughest mobs on the map. It can be tricky to come up with a budget team that can take them out with minimal repairs. I'm currently using Kar98k and QBU88 for their quick nukes with three handguns as support to keep running costs down a bit. M4 Mod3+buffers can probably clean sweep it, but that would be three dolls worth of surplus EXP instead of 5.
    2: An HQ defense team. Their fights are easy. You can probably use either a pure handgun team, an AR or two supported by lots of handguns, or just whoever needs some EXP.
    3: The Boss Fight team. The fights are not that hard. Lots of different teams that you can use. I'm using an IWS Exodia team since it's 4 handguns and one rifle. I recommend putting your command fairy on this team since it will do the most fighting.

If I counted right, this plan soaks up EXP from 15 battles, 4 of which are boss battles. I'll queue up these orders while I'm matchmaking for some other game and set my phone down. I just ran it and it generated 119,676 surplus EXP from one run. Factors worth noting for that value. Not all of the dolls were at level cap, so that influences surplus EXP income. Some of the dolls are modded dolls with oaths. I'm not sure if that influences surplus EXP gain. I'll need to experiment. The boss hunter team had a maxed skill level command fairy.

So basically I spend a few moments of my time queuing up a bunch of commands, and then just set the phone down. Do that about twice per hour and that maxes out my combat report production capabilities. Below is the picture and a verbal description of the orders.

8sfc4cml4e2t.jpg

Turn 1:
    1. Spawn the paradrop team at the HQ and redeploy to the far east helipad
    2. Spawn the HQ defense team at the HQ and advance it forward one tile

Turn 2:
    1. Advance the paradrop team north one tile
    2. Spawn the boss hunter team at the fart east helipad
    3. Swap the positions of the paradrop and boss hunter teams
    4. Activate planning mode
    5. Order the boss team to move to the helipad to the north (Green arrow marked by a green #1)
    6. Order the paradrop team to move clockwise to attack all three dragoons (orange arrow marked by orange #2)
    7. order the boss team to move to the presently unoccupied enemy tile to the north, and then to the far northwest tile containing an Alchemist (Green #3)
    8. Order the HQ team to move forward two tiles (Blue #4)
    9. Order the paradrop team to move to the enemy HQ (Orange #5)
    10. Order the HQ team to move north one tile (Blue #6)
    11. Order the HQ team to move back south at least to the tile south of the Oasis (Blue #7)

So that's how I level my everything. It's an understatement to say that it's less resource efficient than corpse dragging or directly leveling dolls. But nothing's stopping you from integrating dolls that you need to level into the squads. I'm at the point where I don't really have anything else to spend my batteries on, so this is what I do to kind of maintain a holding pattern as I casually build up a stash of combat reports that will bankroll whichever dolls that I'll need for the next story event.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code: