As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    can't imagine any problems stemming from this

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Lalafell
    Look. Crystals: good. Bravery: good. Crystal Braves: double good.

Its basic math.

Enlong on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Also they are the blue colored Grand Company.

Everybody knows that video game law mandates that blue = good guys.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    yall the memes weren't exaggerating

the red chocobo bozja fate is an actual fucking war crime

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    It's one of the funniest things I've seen in this game.

The only thing that would make it better is if they made the fight music for it Crazy Chocobo.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Cleared the Castrum tonight, and hoo boy does some plot happen. The next set of content for Bozja isn't going to mess around.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Cleared the Castrum tonight, and hoo boy does some plot happen. The next set of content for Bozja isn't going to mess around.

What resistance rank does that call for to clear all the plot stuff anyways?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Red Chocobos are like the tonberries of the Final Fantasy Tactics world. They look cute and/or weak, but everyone who's encountered one fears them.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Bozja is significantly more enjoyable than Eureka. Also the mettle loss on death feels low enough that it doesn't make getting wrecked in a funny way not, uh, funny.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

What resistance rank does that call for to clear all the plot stuff anyways?

10 is minimum to enter Castrum.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    30 hours later, I bought a house

GOD this system sucks.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I managed to get my first house the other night by waking up and racing to a goblet subdivision as soon as the servers opened. Got lucky and got in quick with no disconnects and now I own a small estate. I'm desperately poor, but I can garden!

• Options
    Roegadyn
    It’s just a...bad system.

And there’s so much pent up demand from turning off auto-demolish for over 6 months with no ETA on when it’s coming back. I’ve heard they’re adding more physical servers so they can expand housing even further, but it’s still really rough!

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Miqo'te
    I was just having a conversation with Red Cat last night about how they should have handled housing. I think they should have left the wards as Free Company housing only like it was originally, and instanced the player housing.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Frankly if apartments had balconies where you could put a garden plot and some outdoor furniture I wouldn't have even bothered getting a house.

I do kind of think that the housing system is at least partially a victim of 1.0 legacy spaghetti code. That's why we can't have glam dressers outside of inn rooms, they are exceptionally finicky/prone to crashing things.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Frankly if apartments had balconies where you could put a garden plot and some outdoor furniture I wouldn't have even bothered getting a house.

I do kind of think that the housing system is at least partially a victim of 1.0 legacy spaghetti code. That's why we can't have glam dressers outside of inn rooms, they are exceptionally finicky/prone to crashing things.

Yeah, the only reason I have any interest in acquiring a house at all is for gardening. If there were some way to just have a garden, I would just get a room at my FC estate and wash my hands of the matter.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Is there big profit in gardening, or is it just something of convenience?

• Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    If nothing else, make it a lottery system so you can register your interest then let a diceroll decide.

It'd let players do literally anything else with their day, rather than stand at the placard for hours and most likely come out with nothing but a wasted day.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    There are a few profitable items, but it's also kind of a hassle, unless you're going to be stopping by your house very regularly anyway and can just water your crops without going out of your way. It's definitely not in the top tier of ways to make money.

Speaking of houses... snagged an open small plot and went from having my house way the hell in the back, by the path that goes up to the apartments, to right in front of the waterfall in the central circle. One of the worst plots in the zone in my opinion, to one of the very best. Sargatanas Goblet Ward 18, Plot 44, if anyone wants to check it out.

Anyway, working on finally finishing my basement, and the lack of toilets bothers me. Especially because my house is an Ala Mhigan restaurant. Has anyone seen any good options for player-built toilets using existing objects in creative combos they could point me at? I am aware that our video game people don't actually poop, but the absence bothers me.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Roegadyn
    If nothing else, make it a lottery system so you can register your interest then let a diceroll decide.

It'd let players do literally anything else with their day, rather than stand at the placard for hours and most likely come out with nothing but a wasted day.

Honestly the worst ones were when you'd spend hours at the placard, alongside others, then suddenly someone would instantly relocate from another plot.

Felt REAL good to have 6 hours invalidated in an instant like that. At least in the cases of a new purchase, you could be like 'yep, just lost RNG'

Javen on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cactuar
    I will take a plot in the crappiest, scummiest, most crime ridden part of The First if I have to.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Been finishing off the last couple sets of legendary medals for the Yo-Kai weapons, I go through Stormwind zones and FATEs take a lot longer than they do in the ARR ones, especially solo. Syncing down to level 10 for a level 4 FATE means overpowering it in seconds, while syncing down to 60 for a 54 FATE, not quite so much. Finally, I switch over to doing the last set of Heavensward FATEs, in Coerthas Western Highlands.

My, but it's busy here.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I will take a plot in the crappiest, scummiest, most crime ridden part of The First if I have to.

The plot I grabbed is BAD, but it’s mine, and buying a new plot is by far the hardest part.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2020/the_make_it_rain_campaign/cx5vklj29q

Make It Rain comes back October 21st, I assume this is a Golden Saucer themed event?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    yes it's a gold saucer thing, and they're skipping a Halloween event this year because they didn't have time to make one.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Two down, eight to go.
    tw24QeF.jpg

• Options
    Au'ra
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Two down, eight to go.
    tw24QeF.jpg

You're crazy, you know that?

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Javen wrote: »

The plot I grabbed is BAD, but it’s mine, and buying a new plot is by far the hardest part.

Yeah, that's why I bought my old terrible plot. Once you've got your foot in the door, it's just a matter of checking the available plots every so often and getting a better spot. Or it will be, once they turn back on the ability for ownership to lapse.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Much like in my real life I will be renting forever in this game

• Options
    Au'ra
    Javen wrote: »

Yeah, that's why I bought my old terrible plot. Once you've got your foot in the door, it's just a matter of checking the available plots every so often and getting a better spot. Or it will be, once they turn back on the ability for ownership to lapse.

That first day plots can open from that again will be glorious.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    IMHO the thing that really kills the housing system is that, when they finally added the "1 house per player" restriction, all of the assholes who were already hoarding entire subdivisions got grandfathered in

SE should make them each just pick one and demolish the rest, maybe give them some freebies as compensation if they really feel the need

it wouldn't even be bad for PR, the entire community hates those fuckers

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Oh I didn’t know they got to keep their shit; that sucks. Definitely make them pick one.

• Options
    Au'ra
    IMHO the thing that really kills the housing system is that, when they finally added the "1 house per player" restriction, all of the assholes who were already hoarding entire subdivisions got grandfathered in

SE should make them each just pick one and demolish the rest, maybe give them some freebies as compensation if they really feel the need

it wouldn't even be bad for PR, the entire community hates those fuckers

There are literally wards where like one person owns 80%+ of the lots.

• Options
    Lalafell
    I've heard of one where it's entirely owned by a single person's alts.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Enlong wrote: »
    I've heard of one where it's entirely owned by a single person's alts.

and that person...

... is Yoshi P

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    why do you need to own more than one house
    this is not entirely a FFXIV question

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    why do you need to own more than one house
    this is not entirely a FFXIV question

fuck you got mine

• Options
    Lalafell
    And yours, and hers, and his, and hers, and every opportunity for yours in perpetuity.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    We were ready to settle for getting any kind of small house for our small FC on Odin. Ended up getting a medium and everyone who participated in the mad dash to get that also managed to snag private houses in the same neighborhood. I've wanted a house as a while as a crafting project and had the money set aside well in advance, in case it ever would become an option, so I'm quite happy I got one.

This discussion has been closed.