As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• MillMill Registered User regular
    To add to that, if one doesn't want to run 6-4E or can't make that work. 8-1N carpet bomb retreats is a decent bit of surplus xp. There are better maps for getting more xp, but the map is pretty solid if you just need to burn 60 fairy commands that would otherwise be wasted. Only thing to keep in mind is to have no handguns, so you can auto it. Bomb the five nodes you usually hit with Zas, do that four times and your done. All it costs is manpower and fairy commands. Even though the equip salvage probably won't make up for most manpower spending, you do get other resources and IMO those are usually more valuable than the manpower.

A good python 5HG comb can pretty much do all the intelligence quests. This does also give one some decent options for other budget farming for getting XP, if they don't want to corpse drag, do carpet bomb run or 6-4E, but need to burn through batteries.

I actually, need to consider my options because I'm essentially out of base structures to upgrade. All of mine are max upgraded. The posters don't appeal to me. I'll probably get gsh's skin next and not sure if I have bad luck with RNG or if there are some additional pets that are locked behind cafe collections or aren't available at the rescue station. I could have sworn the pure black cat would show up at the rescue station, but I've never seen and I'm starting to wonder if it's an event reward that hasn't made it's way there. They really need to give us a pet index with how they are acquired. At this point, think I've got double dogs for all the ones available at the rescue station. Not seeing much point in having three, need some trickle of all currencies to buy out stuff and three dogs seems overkill.

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    @Mill
    There used to be a pet index screen. If you go into the dorms and select a piece of furniture, there's a little "i" button that will bring up the whole furniture set. You should be able to check that for most normal pieces of furniture. Pets used to have that same button, but it's gone now. I don't know why.

I have a near complete collection of pets. You might have seen someone using the "Black Cat Fore" cat, which was Jill Stingray's cat from the Vallhalla collab. There's also Chinese Pastoral cat (black) that's wearing some halloween mask that's a cafe collection reward. To my knowledge, that halloween cat is the only pet on EN that I don't have. However I think that there are several more in the client's game files that haven't been released yet.

Also from the Vallhalla collab was the "Rad Shiba" dog.

The following are minor event pets that I'm not sure if they've been added to the rescue station since I only own one copy of each. That said, I haven't been in a rush to adopt duplicates of non-dogs:
    • Search and Rescue Pug
    • Muscision Dog
    • Santa Shephard
    • Beach Patrol Dog
    • Zongzi Cat (My gut says that this one might be on the rescue station)
    • Veiled Macaw

I agree that there really shouldn't be a need for more than 2 dogs. I've started investing in triples because I've found myself bumping into 9999 batteries at the end of the month a few times, so I splurged on adopt a dog or two. I've also had a run of bad luck where I haven't been getting the snowfields, but IMO dipping into the consumable food to stack the deck will take care of such streaks of bad luck.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    The Gacha gods have smiled upon me. I did some grinding of New Fork EX while catching up on GSG Season 2, and Angelica showed up. I hope that everyone else rolls her without too much trouble.

471xndbdahzg.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    from what I remember looking at the skills/statlines of the collab dolls

Rico is really strong and the best unit out of the collab because lmao +45% crit dmg cape SPEQ vs the normal +25% and also she has both passive dmg boost and a quickscope bamboo on SVD's statline
    Angelica is solid/good because she's AUG who gives up some uptime/duration (5 up / 12 down vs AUG's 7 up / 16 down) on her skill in return for an occasional passive damage boost + no sweep targeting during skill, meaning that maxed out ROF is actually brought to bear on targets instead of scattered amongst a horde
    Henrietta is alright with P90's statline, but SMGs are focused around dodging damage entirely instead of mitigating it, so small amounts of HP shield aren't super useful compared to having it on an SG who can mitigate damage to the shield via armor. She does get ok evasion boost when the shield is down but it still has to stack and she doesn't get evade stacks when she shields which kind of conflicts imo, and without something extra she definitely isn't going to be taking on the more difficult enemies we keep getting in major events
    Triela is....passable if you don't have any of the regular top SGs, I guess? Her base armor is less and her skill active only helps her do damage/run faster, which is gonna be moot if she's with MGs anyways. She could be a memester thanks to her passive allowing her to knife people but...that still requires you get up close to enemies which is usually extremely bad because that means they're also targeting you. Still might be good for things like counterknifing brutes running in but....
    Claes - lol

Orphane on
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was with Jill's cat. I at least now know that I probably have very pet available from the rescue station. Guess I hope we get a rerun of the event that gives that pet because I want it for my fairy market dorm. Need to looked at the others you listed. Outside of the ones locked behind cafe collections (think it's currently one), there is either one or two, that I'll have to wait to hit the rescue station because they are non-collab event related.

Also grats on Angelica. I suspect she'll get duped some since she is a better version of AUG. Namely she drops the random targeting thing. I know the AR field is pretty tight, but IIRC she fills the rather rare niche of being an AR that can buff the entire echelon. So on heavy ARSMG maps she could in theory have a place, where her tiles offer more than Ribeyerolls. She already beats AUG. We only get one M4. Not sure there are any other ARs that can do that. She might also be really handy in theater as swap brute slayer.

Edit: For people that just want collab units, but may not be able to get them all or can't. Unless there is one you really like, the priority for getting the ones that requires some grinding, assuming you don't luck into them dropping on your first clear (only applies to Angelica & Claes). Rico (pretty much should be the first event currency buy and her SPEQ should be the second buy). Angelica (which is a map drop and it's on the best map to farm for currency). Triela (mostly your average shotgun, but going to be rather good for new players because it's yet another easily accessible shotgun. Anyways, SAT8 and Elphelt are the only two SGs that stand out now and only SAT8 is still obtainable. We're suppose to get content that makes KSG shine and I think we're suppose to get some additional crafted SGs that standout rather than "ye average SG that is quite okay if you don't need what SAT8, Elphelt and KSG bring to the table." Claes is last and that's because she is a pretty lackluster unit.

Sadly, I don't think collab dolls will ever get a revisit if they end up not be great units. So Claes is going to be either cored by most or gather dust along with Noel Vermillion. I suppose thismight be Henrietta's fate to a degree because she really can't beat the stuff the top tier SMGs bring and the roster of top tier SMGs keeps growing. Both from new ones getting added to the game and old ones ascending with the help of a good mod.

I feel bad for time strapped people that want everything and don't have R93 yet because IMO if I were in that spot, there probably is an argument to get R93 before Claes, even if it means missing Claes. I will say that UKM-2000 should be the last thing anyone farms, she'll be permanent when Isomer goes permanent and she isn't a useful unit. CZ-75 should probably be second to last. Seems like she has been picked for like 40-50% of the last events as a drop, so seems like we'll see her more often as a drop than R93. Also we're pasted age where she is the lynchpin of 5HG echelons.

Mill on
    i use triple dogs assuming it's not a holiday limited where i literally can't because the consumption on snowfield currency is literally 3x anything else and the things you get with it are things you would actually want to acquire every month when it refreshes as opposed to long grinds or things you only need one of like furniture/SPEQs

edited October 2020
    Honestly I suspect that I'll be getting a dupe of Angelica. If I keep using New Fork EX as my daily currency grinding map, statistically I'll probably get a dupe by the end of the event. I'll probably use the pity currency to just purchase a copy of Claes.

I've mostly used AUG for situations where I've needed a machinegun-like bullet hose, but for some reason I didn't want to use a machinegun. Her skill starting off at 4 seconds also let her hit the ground running faster than a lot of ARs. Occasionally her random targeting would come in useful in situations where normally a meatshield target would soak up too much damage. Usually she'd be tag-teaming with RFB to try to get some damage on backlines, but IIRC on a few rare instances her random attacks were nice for picking off dinergates that were part of a larger horde. Another distinction is that AUG buffs all doll types, while Angelica buffs ARs and SMGS. Sometimes I'll embed AUG into a rifle team so that she can help cover their weaknesses against night time evasive targets and swarming enemies like dinergates and scouts. In that instance, AUGs buffs partially make up for the absence of the handgun that likely would have been buffing them.

Angelica starts the battle with that passive damage boost active, so that's pretty enticing right there. I've already put this original one into skill training since at the very least she'll probably be valuable in fights where the action starts really fast and waiting for that extra 2 seconds for the average 6sec ICD on most ARS would be too slow. AN-94 for her double shot passive, K-2 for starting in burst mode, and Type95/Type97 are the dolls that I usually think of when looking for very quick firepower boosts. Although needing such rapid startup has been a rare enough niche that only AN-94 and AUG are the ones whose skills that I've really invested in. The others are just x5 linked at 90.

Also, IIRC bullet hoses like G11 see some value again in one of the future events where KCCO gets some new toys. AUG and Angelica may be able to help the sleepy neet out on that front.

edit:
    I'll also second the wishes for a valhalla collab re-run. I dont know how much ope that we really have for it, but AFAIK the companies were really friendly with each other over the whole thing so it's not like they burned any bridges.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited October 2020
    Her skill starting off at 4 seconds also let her hit the ground running faster than a lot of ARs.

? Type95/97 are the fastest starting off at 2s initial (but give a lot to be able to do that) but 4s is pretty normal for some of the more popular ARs such as M4, STAR, G36, G41 etc. to the point that AK-12 feels slow to me because her skill is 6s initial. AN-94 is also 6s initial but she glides by on her passive essentially duping her skill effect as long as targets are getting downed fast enough. There are others with 6s icd, yeah, but I think what I'm trying to say is that 4-6s ICD is the norm for self-buff ARs and 6s hasn't ever really been the average if you go down the list.

While in some occasions sweep targeting can be useful, it's been a trend in major events that we keep having to deal with stuff like strelet/zombie hordes where AUG's spray targeting does no good because it's more important to be mowing down enemies as they get close and a single round of bullets from AUG is barely a scratch on those guys even if she's firing at 150 rof. I get the feeling Angelica will feel a lot more satisfying because again, bringing that ROF to bear on a single target is going to be more immediately noticeable than dispersing it across several enemies that all survive the hit with hp to spare

Orphane on
    Based on what I've seen. Honkai Impact collab, which only was seen on CN servers IIRC, is the only one that is definitely out. Given that miHoYo named dropped Girls Frontline as an anime like game in there Genshin Impact survey that gave out premium currency, I'm incline to think the issue isn't that there was bad blood after the collab. I mean, having a game blow up in popularity the way Genshin Impact has, we'll see if it has staying power, and then name dropping other games in a survey that gives rewards players want, is essentially giving all the name drop games some major free publicity. If there was bad blood, they'd never do that. I get the impression what happened was they did the collab and found they didn't like working with each, but were adults about. AKA realized that even if they didn't like working with each other, that isn't a reasonable reason to have bad blood between each other. So I suppose in a way, Honkai Impact collab has a non-zero chance of showing up again, but really unlikely given how these companies like to do collab (re-runs try to have new content and new content means having to work together again).

I suspect the only two entities that Mica has bad blood with are Sega, which tried dicking them over on a collab project that was cancelled and Yostar. Yostar really did dick them over because that was the original publisher they were going to run with outside of China. I gather Yostar tried sneaking some bullshit in that got caught before they could screw Mica over completely, but they had enough claim on the name Girls' Frontline they were able to essential get away with selling the name in the Japanese IP market, hence why GFL is Dolls' Frontline in Japan and also why it got hit with a huge delay. So pretty much, even if the people at that make up Hypergraph, that use to be Mica employees left with no bad blood and even if they wanted to do a project with their old teammates again, just won't happen as long as their publisher is Yostar. No idea whether there is bad blood between Hypergraph or Mica.

Though Valhalla collab seems the most likely to get a rerun out of all the current collabs right now.

Finishing up the collab stuff. Some notes that will help people.

-Can't remember which maps off the top of my head, but having a sniper in you ARSMG can make things less terrible with EX maps and I guess help new players with weak echelons. Both twin and taunt are extremely useful on most EX maps
    -EX1-2 Full Length Play is going to be the hell map for most. All I can say is you'll want taunt fairy for both echelons and with a high skill level. Twin fairy will work in a pinch. This is a map where you don't really bother to S rank for completion and I would suggest with your retreat echelon that you use it to kill as many enemy as you can before retreating. This means less wasted ammo.
    -EX1-4 Garden of Old might be awful if you don't have an adequate paradrop. Ideally, you want a spawn setup where you're not wasting time going down to defend the HoC and where your paradrop echelon can take the top left most heliport in peace. On turn two, retreat paradrop echelon, switch in a better fairy and have it slow clear stuff out at the top. Doing this, I was able to take the middle heliport by turn 3 and took the right heliport with my defending echelon by turn 4. Taunt and twin are going to help, but with the pure hoards of mustache snipers you run into (I had two), twin will not last that long. Also M4 Mod 2 can be amazing here. I'm not sure double Jupiter would be wise, but you could probably consider switching out the SMGs for two good buffing HGs, while running with ARs in the back. Once the defending echelon moves, if didn't have to resupply 2B, you can probably pop her in on the left top heliport and have her support the echelon up there on turn 5 once the command post is safe. Again not a map you care to S rank.
    -EX1-5A is awful. I tried to S rank it with 4 dummies because you don't fight but got cases where things bricked because all my dummies were surrounded by no entry nodes. I did figure that you can deploy on the command post and helipad even if they have the no entry marker. So I pretty much brute forced that map to complete. Just keep in mind that the map is turn limited. So make moves count or you'll run out of turns before you can take the enemy command.
    -EX1-5B is also awful, only you need to fight shit to get it done. Good news, and I posted this on gamepress. You can cheese the map with paradrop. It's doable with just one paradrop and if you use the echelon with that paradrop, I don't think you even need to level the skill (I'm assuming the CD is the same regardless of skill level). Just if you use one paradrop fairy; especially, SL1, you need to get that heliport ASAP so that you can snag the third heliport before the turn limit runs out. You can also exploit the no entry thing to make this easier, beans can't zerg nodes with no entry. Obviously, you can really cheese this map if you have 2 or 3 paradrop fairies with max skill. Just spawn in, take heliports and switch around to keep them secure. I'm not sure you want to do all that on turn one though, since you might not be able to keep all three heliports as no entry, but could be wrong. Also if you have to retreat an echelon, you can't redeploy so try to avoid having to withdraw echelons on this map.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    fortunately, EX1-1 seems to be the only map you need in order to farm out the store. You can do 1-1 on autopilot after the first turn

e: also im buying triela first because her bayonet thing is cool

Dongs Galore on
    Well with the two EX1-5 maps, it sounds like Mica might have broken something in route to the global servers. Don't know if it was an intentional move meant to hose up guides that didn't play out well at all or completely accidental. Both maps have bad cases of having all your echelons get surrounded by no entry nodes and thus preventing the player from being able to do anything, which makes both makes very unfun.

A few weeks ago I made a fuss about collecting friend points to be prepared to purchase the collab base backgrounds from the friend shop. I don't think that I ever mentioned that the patch notes stated that those backgrounds are apparently permanent additions to the friend store, so there was no rush to get all of the friend points. No need to burn gems on them.

3DS Friend Code:
    Which is great for people that one them, I do like the night garden one. Have that in place right now, instead of the darkest dungeon background. Also double adjunct is the best if you have some stuff to work with.
    jx9h24zba8am.jpg

Also all cyborgs obtained. Not sure if I like how this dorm turned out or if I'll do some adjusting.
    z9v0uacvxqbm.jpg

Mill wrote: »
    Well with the two EX1-5 maps, it sounds like Mica might have broken something in route to the global servers. Don't know if it was an intentional move meant to hose up guides that didn't play out well at all or completely accidental. Both maps have bad cases of having all your echelons get surrounded by no entry nodes and thus preventing the player from being able to do anything, which makes both makes very unfun.

EX1-5 seems to be unplayable right now, it doesn't follow the rules it lays out. I've seen a very specific and complicated three-echelon sequence that will unlock the last two squares but I can't reconcile it with the rules stated by the mission.

Also, I've pulled Angelica three times while grinding bears

btw my UID is 34079 if anyone has space. six dorms

I added you to the OP. My friends list is presently full, but I might be able to find an inactive to kick.

3DS Friend Code:
    Yeah, people are pretty sure they broke something. I ended up brute forcing it. Just slowly moved echelons up. If they got trapped, I'd retreat one if I still had an action point. Move up and do switches to open things up. It took a like 3-4 attempts, but I got it. Saving grace is if you don't care to S-Rank it's fairy cheap, since you can use dummy echelons.

Second one has similar issues, but you can cheese it with paradrop. It's doable with one paradrop if you can cap a helipad early enough without having to use the skill. You have enough turns that the CD will end. You could probably cheese it with three paradrop echelons if all the heliports end up being no entry.

edited October 2020
    November roadmap is up. Looks like Shattered Connexion is coming sooner rather than later.

gile0g23la6j.jpg

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Wondering if freaky pandemic will include both last years Halloween event and the new one that got released this year. I'll be bummed if it's just last years event.

I guess, I'm might need to be a little more active to make sure I have enough reports to raise all the characters I'll want use in SC ranking. Rico and Type88 are going to need reports. I need to see who mod number four is going to be. I know Type88, UMP9 and 416 have been confirmed, with the last two being story related mods. Type88 is pretty much the one broken mod most people will not want to sleep on because she becomes crazy good, which is probably fitting for a 3* rifle that is rarer than many 4* rifles and I think some 5* ones as well. Also want to say we get a few new units that are worth power leveling as well. Bit sad that I have confirmation on not getting 5* fairies before SC, I'll have a fair number of 4* ones, but I doubt I'm going to churn out 10+ of any one fairy type to get my first 5*.

lmao i forgot the new furniture gacha animation was in with the box shine previewing the highest tier of reward you got

also i got the skin i wanted lol
    BE58TMw.png?1

Reminder that this is the last weekend to finish up the collab if you haven't yet. I haven't quite yet since I've been really slammed. I'm gonna sit back this weekend and enjoy the last few chapters.

3DS Friend Code:
    Just a heads up, we now know what all the mods are going to be for the next major event:

Story related:
    416: She isn't bad, but don't think SC is quite the content that makes her super useful. Part of her issue is SOPMOD exists, but you only get one of SOPMOD, so for some exp drag maps, you'll want her mod. Also her second skill does appear to give her a niche to occupy that SOPMOD can't fill. Her mod speq is also more damage, since it's in the same slot as an exo.
    UMP9: Is nice, her second skill makes her flashbang useful against bosses. You get a 25HP shield and 25% for 5s to everyone in the same column if the target of flashbang is immune or dies when it hits. If it's stunned, you get 50% more damage for everyone in the column. I don't think her SPEQ does her any favors, since I'm pretty sure you'll take her as main tank and it's very much more damage and less tank. Probably in the worth building, but there are better options category.

Non-story related:
    MP5: Her tiles also now affect RFs, so she can tank for them. Her second skill gives her 20% evasion for 8s for every enemy group present, up to like 3 layers, when the shield expires. I want to say she is on the cusp of being meta. She's still a shield SMG and that comes with trade offs that don't quite let her exceed other SMGs. Though worth building; especially, if you get her her exo, which IIRC gives her some crazy amounts of evasion. Her mod speq looks kind of meh because it's damage and accuracy, so you probably still want the silencer, even if it's not much evasion because you bring her to tank.
    Type88: This is another mod that you want to build. If I had to rank her, probably top five in this order M4 > Calico > STAR > Type88 > AS Val. If you can only get one mod for this batch and have the top three mods, this is the one you want.

I'll just quote the skill
    If there are enemies directly in front of her, switch to attacking with an energy blade sending out waves of energy dealing 1x damage to all enemy units in the same lane as her. When Damage Focus N is active: Attacks gain a piercing effect, dealing 1x damage to all enemies it passes through. Additionally perform one of two actions based on the enemies status; If they're armoured and has the highest HP, fire a missile dealing 1.5x damage to the target and dealing 0.5x damage to enemies within a radius of 2 units. Splash damage is affected by armour. If they're unarmored, throw a cluster grenade which will deal 0.5x damage within a radius of 1 unit repeatedly up to 7 times. Repeated explosions on the same target will only deal 0.25x damage. Grenade damage can be evaded and is affected by armour.

What Type88 does is silly and she is M4's partner for a glass cannon version of double Jupiter. Her SPEQ is icing on the cake.

I finished up the last of the collab tonight. It was kinda dumb that I could cheese the entire finale puzzle with my two paradrop fairies. But it saved me some time. Lots of time.

3DS Friend Code:
    It is, but it's IIRC Mica managed to break said puzzle, so probably just as well. With the right setup, you can cheese it with just one fairy. It won't be S rank, but it doesn't matter.

I managed to get three Angelica drops and farmed up enough medals to buy a fourth copy and along with a copy of Claes. So that's a fair number of cores saved for crafting more fairies.

I'm trying to decide what to do with my medals right now too. I feel compelled to pick up the angelica from the shop, but R93 is there too. Also, through some twist of luck, I've managed to acquire seven Angelicas. I'm starting to wonder if I'm potentially in the running for "most Angelicas farmed" on the collab statistics infographic, but I'm sure someone has 11+

3DS Friend Code:
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I didn’t even bother finishing this collab. I feel like the new levels are always so complicated I need a guide to do them this exact expected way and then someone else is just playing the game for me, idk.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Some of the EX maps were like that. Especially at the end. The last two maps had some kind of weird puzzle thing going on like that old "lights out" game. The finale in EX had the puzzle mechanic on a big board with lots of enemies on it. The enemies did not look too tough, but I had paradrop fairies and they let me skip the puzzle.

Some of the ex maps were kind of ridiculous with the enemy spam. I feel sorry for people who don't have some kind of AOE unit leveled up. Vector, Uzi, 2b14, Bizon, QBU, Zas, and my airstrike fairy all put in a ton of work for me.

I enjoyed the collab, but I wish that most of the girls could have gotten more screen time. Henrietta kind of hogged the spotlight.

I also don't think that the story was as good as the Valhalla collab. I still enjoyed it a lot though.

3DS Friend Code:
    R93 is definitely worth duping giving how she can fit in any general rifle echelon and is a very, very good unit.

Honestly, with medals. I'd argue that if you have all the units and fully linked and don't dupe. If you have enough for a doll and are still crafting fairies, screw cakes, get yourself some more cores.

Anyways, I have to say after playing Genshin Impact, Azur Lane and Arknights. All of those games have really made me appreciate this game more. I have things I'll criticize about it and I have done that a fair bit, but many do I appreciate that it's something you can play for free without being at a disadvantage. They don't force you to spend a ton of time grinding shit to the extend other games do. They don't make things needlessly complicated. They also go with a setup where they fully get that sometimes people need a break or want to go for a coast style of play at time (only log in once or twice and spending 10-20 minutes knocking out dailies for the day).

I've been busy IRL and haven't much opportunity to really post. But as some of you are already aware, Shattered Connexion is starting next week on the 24th. Here are some of the old limited drop T-Dolls that are returning. Of special note are HS2000 and P22. Those two handguns are really good and worth picking up if you missed out on them before.

Also, as far as new units go, Kord and SSG3000 are new limited dolls being added to game. Kord is a very high priority machinegun to get your hands on.

k0eyghs3toat.jpg

oxvmrgxlm6oe.jpg

The event missions will contain lots of goodies in the form of various items, furniture, T-Dolls, and a TRUE CORE MASK. So this is an oppotunity to grab a rare 5* doll from the construction pool that's been evading you so far (Probably a shotgun).

ep7zci2vel0i.jpg
    2gajqbotokba.jpg
    pdt0am0eoizj.jpg

These events also tend to have lootboxes that you can collect daily. I haven't seen what their contents will be this time, but they always tend to have juicy things like furniture, training data, and opportunities to get a desirable 5* doll.

And ofcourse, there will be another ranking event. I'm partly dreading that just because I've been drained from IRL events and haven't really done much to shore up my forces. But I was in a strong position in the first place, so I should be fine.

3DS Friend Code:
    jm0eibbk5xz51.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=456fae627de9d378f953e8726b4017c692b6102b

Here's the supply box drops. Not sure I agree with having FP-6 as a drop from there given that she dropped in the last sets of crates we had. Also on the fence with PA-15 being chosen because she had the introduction rate up and then another rate shortly after that. The others aren't bad choices at all, but loot crates t-doll drop rates are pretty horrid. You could get every crate possible or only get the guaranteed one for open X crates.

Anyways got MP5's exo finally. Working on getting the UMP exo, probably will grab two, so I have one for both UMP9 and UMP45, should we get a map where both are worth using. Don't think a third one will ever be needed because that would require all three sisters to be worth using and them giving UMP40 a worthwhile mod. It's not impossible, but IDW and Bren mods exist and they are garbage. At some point, need to get 416s SPEQ because I think it'll make her better for farm maps.

I'll need to check things but I think the two map drop units and the clear reward ones are going to be worth raising for most. The two machine guns are suppose to shake up the meta and the one that isn't Kord is advantaged. Desert Eagle is suppose to be crazy good. The rifle is a 4* version of M200, so if you don't dupe, she have value. If you do dupe, she might not have value if you have a dupe of M200. The crate drop, isn't terrible but as of right now, there are better ARs. That said, seeing what they did with some of the future mods, she might end up being a good pick down the line if debuffing is made worthwhile. So I wouldn't raise for this event and it doesn't sound like the latest event made her meta or good enough to use, but if you hit a point where all the meta units are trained high enough on skills and have worked through a a decent chunk of the A tier units for training or all of them. Then it might be worth raising her skill and having her set for the day that debuff stuff becomes a thing because she does more damage to debuffed units.

Also Ceia linked the Division collab units, let's say they took an interesting direction and I have to wonder if the choice of setup was influenced by how Azur Lane has done some event units.

I haven't done much with the story event yet except farm my daily boxes. I was lazy and just farmed them on the first EX combat map. The Strawberry+Python combo wrecks the boss zombies pretty hard.

I'm pretty sure that you've got a lot of leeway in which second rifle and which supporting buffing handguns to run. I'm running a C formation because I want position 5 unoccupied to avoid the zombie's pain field, and I'm too lazy to reposition my dolls for crate farming. A 4* damage II artillery fairy was providing passive buffs.

3ane1vlslj57.png

3DS Friend Code:
    edited November 2020
    Not a huge fan of the intel point system this time around.

Anyways they dropped the December roadmap.

k9ugwbmp04161.png?width=1200&format=png&auto=webp&s=cfffe2cf9c53540830c07b144bd9c7bb778b5de9

I'll save people some heartbreak and frustration. Yes, we're getting three new shotguns and there is a high chance two of those will be 5*. No, whatever 5* shotguns we get will not be something you can pick up with this event's TCM, what they list in the shop now is all that you can get with it, they aren't going to amend.

I guess I'll have to rethink my resource spending, I was being somewhat conservative with them because ranking map is both a drain on resources and means you aren't running logistics if all teams are on the ranking map. It was nice having a few months of not having to bother with a weekly heavy t-doll craft but I doubt I'll get enough resources stocked up for many crafts; especially, with need to save enough for ranking runs and probably needing to dump a ton into to equips to get them up tp snuff. Hell, already burned like 30k resources on some speqs and HV ammo.

Also hoping they ease up on mods for a bit or give us some free handouts on either memory fragments or calibration tickets. I still have 5 units that need their mod three (MP5, UMP9, G43, Bar & Bren). I'm in rough shape on calibration tickets, I blame fairy calibration on being a shit show for this because I need to clear fairy roster space and that was folding dupes of worthwhile fairies that refuse to roll with a good talent natively. I'm hoping between rewards and lucky drops with boxes and expeditions that maybe I can get caught up mods. Doesn't help that I've a few times where I've overcapped on sim energy. I really wish they'd just give us our 12 sim energy at servet rest so that we can get our daily sim stuff done and not have to give shit about tracking that timer, probably my biggest beef with the game currently. Granted, we're close to catching up so the ease will probably show up. I do have to wonder if they'll implement some sort of catchup mechanic with mods because after a few more batches that's going to be pretty intimidating for new players and that's probably where we hit t the tipping point on now one being allowed to go "but you don't need them all!" because we'll probably have a large enough must have mods, that a brand new player gets intimidated by the number. They do need to revisit some of the garbage mods though. I don't expect everyone to be a must have like M4, AS Val, Type88, ST AR5 or Calico, but they really should be in a spot similar to Mosin Nagant, not a most have, but nice to have if you've invested in them. I think currently IDW and Bren are trash tier and G43 isn't exactly great either.

Edit: Before I forget, stuff with the Division collab that we likely see early next year. Don't click if you don't want to be spoiled. Courtesy of Ceia.

Collab doll #1. https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugys6ZFvK319-wxSDTZ4AaABCQ
    Collab doll #2. https://www.youtube.com/post/UgypmagGNg4-RjFIrhZ4AaABCQ
    Stuff regarding maps, drops and event store. https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxXBFi3Uu7fJni6QZN4AaABCQ

Comes with four skins, third link has one of them, if you dig around in the community section of his page, you can find the rest.

Mill on
    edited November 2020
    I don't think that I'm going to break the bank chasing the shotguns. That said, I haven't really looked at them, but we haven't really fielded shotguns that often and when we do field them I'm normally fielding Sat8 and/or KSG as the star centerpiece shotgun with the occasional use of Saiga (or Elphelt) if I need some AOE from the shotgun.

What I'm saying is that I'm not expecting the shotgun meta to change overnight, so I can probably live without them until we get our next set of TCMs. We'll probably have at least one story event during the first half of next year, and then the anniversary will hand out another TCM. Again, I haven't looked at them yet so maybe they're amazing. That's just my initial thought.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Yeah, need to see who we get. People are leaning towards DP-12, CAWS, and Liberator as what we get. I haven't checked to see what all the old servers have in the way of roaming SGs, that we don't have. So that might be an accurate list and I kind of doubt this would be a time where they'd spring something like M200 on EN. Looking at what the wiki says on them.

DP-12 might be an interesting one, 15% to both FP and accuracy tiles and this applies to rifles and MGs. Granted we're moving to day maps for ranking at some point, so that hurts accuracy, but does help with MGSG comps. Her skill also looks like it could have some good value. "[Passive]: Each reload grants a 40 HP shield to self for 5 seconds. Additionally, reduces incoming damage by 25% to self and allies in the tiles directly behind her for 5 seconds. [Active]: Immediately carry out a rapid reload and obtain +3 additional ammo to current clip; Additional ammo will be consumed first and deal 1x damage twice (incompatible with slugs)." Will have to see how she is rated, but looks like she could have cleared the mark to get into echelons.

Liberator at this point looks like she is going to be a checkmark for anyone with any decent number of shotguns. I suspect she'll end up being one that annoys me if I don't get her during rate-up because it seems like for most players at this point, that aim to collect them all. The big hangs ups will be 3* or 4* units that are either really freaking rare like Type88 or are only available in heavy production because you get to use TCMs to acquire them if RNG is being a butt.

CAWS, I've seen mentioned a bit the few times I've jumped into some o the boards. Her tiles are standard MG only, 18% FP and 12% accuracy. Her skill is as follows, "[Active]: Gains a 40 HP shield for 5 seconds. [Passive]: When any HP shield is active on self, stop attacking and gain 1 stack of charge every 1.5 seconds, up to 3 stacks. When charges are maxed out or the HP shield expires, carries out an expanding special attack and clear all charge stacks. [Charge 1]: Deal 5.5x damage that cannot miss to enemies within an area of 3 units ahead of self. [Charge 2]: Deals an additional 5.5x damage that cannot miss to enemies within an area of 5 units ahead of self. [Charge 3]: Deals an additional 5.5x damage that cannot miss to enemies within an area of 8 units ahead of self." So she looks like she has potential as well.

Honestly, I suspect if both DP-12 and CAWs are good, it's going to be for niche use. DP-12 looks like she could the big mixed echelon SG tank. CAWs looks like she is going to be the tank that holds up annoying enemy setups with tanky/tons of fodder in the front and has a means to deal dps to more pesky backline shit.

I'll have to figure out how many pulls I want to make. With TCM and how things have worked out for loot crates, I'll probably want to get at least Liberator during rate-up when she'll be the least obnoxious to get. The other two would be nice, but TCM exists and Mica might make them easier to get via other means.

Speaking of drops. I pretty probably burned my luck for this event. X95, who I already have dropped for me as the final drop for clearing E2-1 and it was on normal. >< Then got two ACR today and a Negev. Negev is going to be cores. Dupe X95 and ACR were already used as links. Probably will have to farm a ton for the two drops I want. Already worried on the furniture front since I haven't seen any. Will laugh if this is the event where I get the crate exclusive drop in massive quantities. Like I said, Mica has been doing some things to make debuffing more a thing with some of the later units, so this could really benefit ACR, since without debuffs present she has respectable damage, but currently you have to gimp all the damage in the rest of the echelon to get her to a point where she can beat ST AR15. So if we get an echelon where you want to get tons of debuffs going, she'll be a very strong option as the dps; especially, if there is enough that she beats ST AR15, assuming you got a slot for her.

Slowly finishing the event up. Halfway through chapter 5. Also need to farm up Kord still, but given it took 53 clears of normal 2-1 to get SSG3000, I'd rather get to the good EX map for that. Also can use that map to corpse drag. So probably a good way to get some levels on the new units that have a spot in the ranking map.

Some thoughts.
    -Chapter 5 sees a significant ramp up in difficulty for EX, not sure how it translates for normal.
    -Gustavs suck, partly because they show a failure in design on the devs part. I think my issue with some of the harder difficulty stuff is that the devs realize micro is a way to add challenge, but they don't seem inclined to do some of the extra work to make the experience actually enjoyable. For starters, the way micro works, there is zero excuse to not implement a screen lock. Also they need to give players an option to work around sluggish load times, which are at their worst after a reset. The first thing is a proper reset button, so that the game doesn't to be shut down and restarted, which means less semi-DDOSing on their system as a bonus and I've noticed loading seems wonky, not sure if it's the game code, my machine or the emulator. For the wonky loading, just add an option in the game screen setting screen, "do a countdown before starting battle." What this would do is load up the battle, but before anything happens it does a countdown, probably from 5. This ensures that everything for the battle is loaded before anything can happen, this gives people a chance to more seamlessly move units if they have to or retreat. Would also help with figuring out what placement skills are given because this game has a bad habit of placing them in different spots for no rhyme or reason if you change up an echelon (one would think if you put say SAT8 in the leader spot, her skill would be the first one, but that's not how it works). Finally, they need to give us a proper way to retarget because awkwardly and unintuitively shuffling units around until they select the right target is pretty awful gameplay. I don't care if that might make things easier, the current retarget thing isn't acceptable design and shouldn't be justified because it adds a challenge.
    -I'm mixed on intel points. I suspect getting hit with the bugginess of them colored my view here. I admit there are one or two maps where I looked at what was needed to do it on EX and said eff that and completed the objective on normal. IMO the intel point set up sort of mars the concept of having multiple objectives because they go from optional to required if you want all the story and rewards.
    -Also wasn't a huge fan of the final boss fight in chapter 3, one issue is retargetting. Another issue is, that even on EX, you can run into an issue where you end up having too much dps and that excess dps can take you down a bad path.
    -Bit iffy on puzzles. My big complaint, is that the way several are setup, you only get the hint once in game and if you mixed it or forget. Your choices are either reset or consult a guide. Puzzle hints really should be accessible beyond the first time you see them.

Overall, I'm mostly enjoying the event. The story is probably the best part.

Also Mica finally did the thing I was hoping they'd do one of these days. Send out an in game message telling people about how the ranking map works. The big one being "hey guys, you get 2k x 4 resources and 50 gems, but simply showing up. Deploying a dummy echelon and ending the run." So will be interesting to see if we get a huge influx of people that actually do that for a change. I know a ton of players in the past didn't touch the ranking maps and I strongly suspect many didn't do so because they felt that you had to do a ton of stuff in order to get any rewards. Yes, I'm aware that here, GFL Corner, gamepress, reddit and a number of other places would state that information, but like every other game, much of the community doesn't check those sources and the only way they see certain tings is if it's mentioned in game. So awesome to see Mica is apparently starting to understand this.

took me a while

h5hktpJ.png
    VGPYFcm.png

I'm hoping we see some guides for ranking EX here pretty soon, since the bug fixes have rendered most obsolete. Trying to get an idea of what my resource budget is going to be for chasing new SGs. Given I'm aiming to collect them all and we don't really have an guaranteed means to get non-5* units. The gun I want to craft most is Liberator. She'd likely see zero use, but I could TCM the other two.

That said, I think both DP-12 and CAWS have uses in the current ranking map. Just eyeballing the skills, CAWS is going to be the most useful of the two because you can put her on ELID duty and her shield means she'll have much longer staying power in that area. She is likely the most useful of the two. I don't think we'd run with mixed echelons for paradeus, if we do and a shotgun is needed, DP-12 fits best there pretty well since she buffs RFs. If not, upon reloading she gets a shield, so she has some decent value against ELIDs. Not nearly as good as SAT8 & CAWS. I want to say reload means she is going to get that shield a bit less, but I could be wrong there given how rarely we've used shotguns right now. The AoE damage her skill is going to have with probably really help on ELIDs and might make her a pretty good tank for smasher setups; especially, if she can do a number on spawned ELIDs with her skill. I suspect KSG with some sort of shield beats both and she might be on par with them, even if she lacks the shield. I'd have to look at what the armor and evasion is for all three.

Anyways, the reason I'm thinking about this is that SAT8 won't be put on ELID duty from the get go since you'll want here for the Gustav in EX ranking. Pretty much need to kill that quickly, since the bug means it'll provide support to stuff you want to kill. I think the current strategy is to paradrop in, let the debuff drop and then proceed to go kill the Gustav. If you were planning to raise M1918, this is a good map to do so. She along with Lewis, Kord, PKP and M19895 CB seem to be the big MGs being brought for the job. I need to see if they are still getting equipped with crit scopes or if that right is forcing people to go with red dots and holoscopes. BTW for non-ranking EX maps, go with crit scopes on your anti-Gustav MGs, they shouldn't need to really fight anything with evasion and that will give them more damage to kill the zero evasion Gustav. If you do go with M1918, try to get her titan chip equip, apparently it does result in more dps for her, the MOD 3 Speq is pretty much useless if you can get away with a crit scope (note, if you can afford Mod 3, it's worth it for the extra few stats, if her job is to kill the Gustav). As a no duper, I'm waiting for a revised strategy that deals with the Gustav having to die ASAP and likely needing to paradrop in on it because depending on what works best, is going to have a chance on impacting what my other echelons look like. I'm thinking it's going to be minimal at worst, can't use SAT8, but depending on how things go next Saturday, I might have a decent/solid alternative for whatever ELID team would be impacted. I actually have Kord at max skill, Lewis will be there soon, PKP is max skill, working on M1895 CB and raising M1918's skills. My plan was to probably run with M1918, M195 CB and Lewis because it sounds like that might be the best combo for tacking Gustuvs down quickly.

edited December 2020
    I just wish that they would have waited until after new-years before running SC. These past few months have been very draining for me since I've been buying a house, and I haven't been able to touch my mobile games beyond staying in maintenance mode. I'm going to try to binge through the story this weekend, and I've got some leave lined up to run some errands downtown on Tuesday and I'll probably spend the afternoon and evening making a first ranking run.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited December 2020
    Mill wrote: »
    I'm hoping we see some guides for ranking EX here pretty soon, since the bug fixes have rendered most obsolete. Trying to get an idea of what my resource budget is going to be for chasing new SGs. Given I'm aiming to collect them all and we don't really have an guaranteed means to get non-5* units. The gun I want to craft most is Liberator. She'd likely see zero use, but I could TCM the other two.

That said, I think both DP-12 and CAWS have uses in the current ranking map. Just eyeballing the skills, CAWS is going to be the most useful of the two because you can put her on ELID duty and her shield means she'll have much longer staying power in that area. She is likely the most useful of the two. I don't think we'd run with mixed echelons for paradeus, if we do and a shotgun is needed, DP-12 fits best there pretty well since she buffs RFs. If not, upon reloading she gets a shield, so she has some decent value against ELIDs. Not nearly as good as SAT8 & CAWS. I want to say reload means she is going to get that shield a bit less, but I could be wrong there given how rarely we've used shotguns right now. The AoE damage her skill is going to have with probably really help on ELIDs and might make her a pretty good tank for smasher setups; especially, if she can do a number on spawned ELIDs with her skill. I suspect KSG with some sort of shield beats both and she might be on par with them, even if she lacks the shield. I'd have to look at what the armor and evasion is for all three.

Anyways, the reason I'm thinking about this is that SAT8 won't be put on ELID duty from the get go since you'll want here for the Gustav in EX ranking. Pretty much need to kill that quickly, since the bug means it'll provide support to stuff you want to kill. I think the current strategy is to paradrop in, let the debuff drop and then proceed to go kill the Gustav. If you were planning to raise M1918, this is a good map to do so. She along with Lewis, Kord, PKP and M19895 CB seem to be the big MGs being brought for the job. I need to see if they are still getting equipped with crit scopes or if that right is forcing people to go with red dots and holoscopes. BTW for non-ranking EX maps, go with crit scopes on your anti-Gustav MGs, they shouldn't need to really fight anything with evasion and that will give them more damage to kill the zero evasion Gustav. If you do go with M1918, try to get her titan chip equip, apparently it does result in more dps for her, the MOD 3 Speq is pretty much useless if you can get away with a crit scope (note, if you can afford Mod 3, it's worth it for the extra few stats, if her job is to kill the Gustav). As a no duper, I'm waiting for a revised strategy that deals with the Gustav having to die ASAP and likely needing to paradrop in on it because depending on what works best, is going to have a chance on impacting what my other echelons look like. I'm thinking it's going to be minimal at worst, can't use SAT8, but depending on how things go next Saturday, I might have a decent/solid alternative for whatever ELID team would be impacted. I actually have Kord at max skill, Lewis will be there soon, PKP is max skill, working on M1895 CB and raising M1918's skills. My plan was to probably run with M1918, M195 CB and Lewis because it sounds like that might be the best combo for tacking Gustuvs down quickly.

are we looking at the same skills here?? because I'm comparing the two and am very confused at how you arrived at the conclusion that CAWs is more useful than DP-12 in this particular context.
    CAWS:
    6uUyWww.png

DP-12:
    dRacWym.png

I just don't see how CAWS is a better shielder than DP-12. Looking at the skill details, CAWS only gets a 40hp shield on an 8s initial with 16s cooldown, while DP-12 effectively gets a 40hp shield on a 3s initial with 16s cd due to the combination of her shield on reload passive and active fast reload, and that's not even counting regular reloads. Given that DP-12 has a 5 round mag and 30 ROF, even with the 3 extra shots I'm fairly certain DP-12 will use all 8 shots and then reload before 16s is up after her skill use, so she gets 2 40hp shields every 16s skill cd to CAWS's 1 and she shields earlier. Throw in the damage reduction DP-12 gives herself and the tdolls behind her and it's just icing on the cake. If we want to get further into skill comparisons then there's a lot of conditional shit to be said about CAWS's skill from a potential offensive standpoint, like if there's other hp shielders or what enemy types you're up against, but that also doesn't take into account the bare minimum 1.5s charge time for CAWS to use her special attack or the fact that CAWS doesn't attack (and therefore potentially knockback enemies) at all if she is being shielded. However, I'm 95% certain DP-12 is more useful in a general case than CAWS is going to be.

S.A.T.8 obviously beats the pants off both of them because of her 2s initial 8s cd on her shield for everyone on the front.

edited for tone

Orphane on