As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think it makes some sense in that she was so good she had replaced Cythria the Bold instead of competing for the 6-drop slot with her. We'll see how it works out.

I think in terms of timing it might be a preemptive check on the power of Damacia's new dragon archetype.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Ooh, this season's icons look sick. Platinum continues to be the best though, just fancy enough without being overdesigned.

KKlew4P.png?2

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    She was unplayable at 4/4 and the 2nd best card in Demacia at 5/5 (behind Ranger's Resolve).

I'm surprised to see a nerf to Demacia instead of Noxus/Bilgewater, but if they want to hit Demacia then she's the best choice.

The problem with nerfing basically anything in Demacia is that there's a ton of competition in each slot for very similar effects so tiny nerfs basically invalidate one or the other. Is she better than Cithria now? Ehhhh.

ChaosHat wrote: »
    She was unplayable at 4/4 and the 2nd best card in Demacia at 5/5 (behind Ranger's Resolve).

I'm surprised to see a nerf to Demacia instead of Noxus/Bilgewater, but if they want to hit Demacia then she's the best choice.

The problem with nerfing basically anything in Demacia is that there's a ton of competition in each slot for very similar effects so tiny nerfs basically invalidate one or the other. Is she better than Cithria now? Ehhhh.

Is she better then Cithria the Bold now? It depends what you wanna do. Which is the point they should be trying to hit.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Slaughter docks is such a good card, holy balls. The ticking towards deep is almost a bonus to the value of flipping to a sea monster. Even when I'm not playing against trash like Star Spring it feels like it should cost 4.

Coinage on
    Coinage wrote: »
    Slaughter docks is such a good card, holy balls. The ticking towards deep is almost a bonus to the value of flipping to a sea monster. Even when I'm not playing against trash like Star Spring it feels like it should cost 4.

Eh. How many good sea monsters are there that aren't good because of their play effect? And by the time you go deep and it flips itself to a sea monster, your sea monster already cost almost nothing anyway. It's basically losing tempo in order to Toss 1 every round after the 3rd. I'm not sure that's a good trade.

Slaughter Docks is okay. If it transformed when you hit Deep instead of start of next round I'd be more of a fan.

Been playing the new lab tonight. Honestly, the main thing the labs with premade decks do is make me doubt the devs understand the game at all because my god they cannot build good, consistent and even vaguely balanced decks in these modes.

The lab decks brick out so easily and the Star Spring deck is I think just miles better then the others once you get the hang of it because there's almost no Landmark removal in any of these decks.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Tahm Kench is completely ridiculous.

Wish is way too powerful, Spring seems like it should have a higher trigger for winning the game but its hard to tell from just the labs.

Bedlam on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    shryke wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Is she better then Cithria the Bold now? It depends what you wanna do. Which is the point they should be trying to hit.

I think despite having different mechanics they actually overlap in role significantly. They're 6 drops that provide some kind of anthem effect and ability to dodge tinier blockers. Gen has some more marginal synergy with scouts, and Cithria is more generically useful/powerful.

All competitors will have a chance to earn an exclusive card back by reaching 3 wins in any tournament. All participants will also receive an exclusive icon.

Oh no, I need that icon. Now I'll have to grind...

edited October 2020
    Dragons is like Bannerman but even more irritating. Hold on lemme just slam a board of discounted bodies you can't trade with and then also get free minions from Inviolus and free removal from Shyvana

Coinage on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dragons is like Bannerman but even more irritating. Hold on lemme just slam a board of discounted bodies you can't trade with and then also get free minions from Inviolus and free removal from Shyvana

I loved mono-Bannerman right after launch. So that Dragon deck sounds like my jam!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I'm 4-0 against Shyvana/ASol with Fiora/Shen. I think the 'oops all dragons' approach is wrong, like ASol seems to really not belong in a curve out midrange deck.

Oh yeah, the Shyv decks I've seen mostly had her as the only champion

I think Soraka/Tahm Kench is much better then people were initially thinking.

Star Spring is hard to deal with as a win-condition for many decks and Tahm Kench can control the board really well if you have the healing to support him.

edited October 2020
    God every game being against Soraka or dragons is backbreaking for playing any kind of unoptimized deck. It's the day after the expansion in Silver, give me a fucking break!

Coinage on
    It seems like the appropriate meta response is to just lean even harder into Bilgewater/Noxus. Culling Strike and Ravenous Flock are both very strong against the healing decks.

God every game being against Soraka or dragons is backbreaking for playing any kind of unoptimized deck. It's the day after the expansion in Silver, give me a fucking break!

Technically, Silver players right after the expansion drops are Plat level players like myself that are probably drowning in Wild Cards and Shards to craft anything they want.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Snagged a 'Prime Glory' with a lineup of Fiora/Shen, Jinx/Draven Discard, and Endure. I'm not sure if it was partially due to playing at 4 in the morning, but the queue was mostly Gold-Diamond players running off meta and unoptimized stuff. Only the final opponent was Masters.

I've decided to go back to doing an Expedition run each week to help fill out the Epics I'm missing. I mean, sure, I could craft 'em, but this mode is a fun change-of-pace. Plus it allows me to get this...

ygmn951nvsuo.png

...out of something like this...
    oewfiwqjymdf.png
    w14subo7yha0.png

I'm a simple man. See a Poro Snax, take a Poro Snax. Run lots of Poros, skip 2 drops since I have so many 1 drops, push hard on turns 5-7 w/Snax, then completely flip the script with late game bombs and the Arena (which sadly only got used once, but to great effect).

Most games were won by building up a innocent board of 1/1s and a 3/3, then going in on turn 5 or 6 with double Snax for a huge open attack. So many people were playing, big greedy Control decks and just got surprised. Had a few losses, one to a Tahm Kench eating by dudes and healing and another where I somehow drew all my big stuff first.

POROS 4 LIFE!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Lead Design Dev was chatting on a player stream and gave a bunch of hints for future balance: https://outof.cards/legends-of-runeterra/2050-steve-rubin-talks-runeterra-on-twitch-confirms-upcoming-lee-sin-and-make-it-rain-nerfs-more-landmark-removal

The most concrete stuff is planned Lee Sin and Make It Rain nerfs.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    buff sad poro

liEt3nH.png
    I was able to get the xp I needed to get a level 12 Vault while not completing my “spend 18 spell mana” quest. Did it my creating a Elite Mono Demacia deck with only x2 Flag of the Fallen and x2 Relentless Pursuit.

It actually did really well, even in its unoptimized form. Updated it and will give it a go tomorrow.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited October 2020
    vrgy2vflk72h.png

Getting Vaults like this make me never want to craft anything.

Edit: OH SHIT! Right after opening that Vault, I won a game that got me my Random Epic Demacia road reward. It upgraded to a Champion card, then upgraded AGAIN to a Champion Wild Card. I should go buy a lottery ticket today.

Edit 2: Holy crap! My Demacia Champion Capsule!

emaq1mvzr68z.png

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    nerf dover :|

My first run on a fresh Expedition went 6 wins with a janky Bildgewater deck. Ugh! So close!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I've cracked a silly amount of bonus champions this mini-expac and now it is certain basically all of my champion capsules will be wasted as gems. First world problems I suppose.

Lee with the ability to grant overwhelm is too annoying, I would be happier if they made his level up different. It doesn't even make sense with getting free barriers

Won a few games with Mogwai’s Championless Undying deck. Standard Undying deck where you kill them off to buff them up over time. Has the new Shakedown card to kill off units while making two enemies Vulnerable. Perfect for your Undying to take advantage of.

Fun deck and very cheap. Only 1-2 Epics and the rest Rares and Commons.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Lee with the ability to grant overwhelm is too annoying, I would be happier if they made his level up different. It doesn't even make sense with getting free barriers

Dragon's Rage has always felt like a weird fit for the card. Especially when it was his champ spell.

I wonder if it would make more sense to give him like overwhelm and keep the "if they don't die, recall them" or something like that.

Yeah, Lee needs some form of nerf. Stats, mana cost, text. Something. He's just too strong right now and the only way to deal with him is either 1) don't interact with him at all (aggro) or 2) pack a lot of Burst speed freezes and pray you can pick him off.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Yeah, Lee needs some form of nerf. Stats, mana cost, text. Something. He's just too strong right now and the only way to deal with him is either 1) don't interact with him at all (aggro) or 2) pack a lot of Burst speed freezes and pray you can pick him off.

The problem I think is that the way he's currently designed, he's a pure control champ. Stall the game and then one-shot the nexus.

I think if he was more a "relentlessly clear your board of units" champ he would feel better. But would probably not be good again.

I lost a game I had easily won, but Lee Sin just steps up and hits me for 20 off the bench. Like, that really shouldn't be a thing. Another avenue they should explore is getting the Overwhelm aspect added to the Dragon's Rage spell. It seems fine, or at least not as oppressive, when he doesn't have a permanent Overwhelm attached to him to double dip on the damage.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Grabbed a second Prime Glory with a singleton list from reddit, basically just MF Scouts with a bunch of Bilgewater/Targon filler:

CIAAABQBAMDAMAIDAAHAIAQAAEDQSCQKAMERUHBDFE3EQVCVLBQAWAQGAUEBMGQ4EATC2OR4HYGQCAAGBEGA6FIWDENB2IJFEYZQ

Strangly, I also achieved Prime Glory!

I just did the Draven/Jinx deck and padded it with puffcaps and Garen.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Grabbed a second Prime Glory with a singleton list from reddit, basically just MF Scouts with a bunch of Bilgewater/Targon filler:

CIAAABQBAMDAMAIDAAHAIAQAAEDQSCQKAMERUHBDFE3EQVCVLBQAWAQGAUEBMGQ4EATC2OR4HYGQCAAGBEGA6FIWDENB2IJFEYZQ

Gave it a shot, since I had most of the cards for this already. Got a couple of wins... but then I got completely dunked on by a Trundle/Braum deck.

Thought I had it in the bag, but they used Counterfeit Copies to shuffle four copies of Redoubled Valor into their deck and oh god why does Trundle have like 28 attack with Overwhelm...

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    PMAvers wrote: »

Gave it a shot, since I had most of the cards for this already. Got a couple of wins... but then I got completely dunked on by a Trundle/Braum deck.

Thought I had it in the bag, but they used Counterfeit Copies to shuffle four copies of Redoubled Valor into their deck and oh god why does Trundle have like 28 attack with Overwhelm...

"One smack'll do!"

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Mono Demacia Elites is my new jam. Bannerman was my go-to deck when I first started LoR, so it feels good to come back to them. While it's not Tier 1 or anything, Elite synergy is definitely improved with the For the Fallen card. You load up units on curve, take good attacks/trades, buff with the Battlesmith and Bannermen, and end with Cythria.

Additional fun comes in the form of storing 3 spell mana, popping For Demacia!, then dropping a Relentless Pursuit. Even better is if your opponent spends all their mana to kill your board, you can then instantly reload with For the Fallen (often for 0 mana), then attack and Relentless Pursuit. It's pretty strong and surprising since there aren't a lot of people playing this deck right now.

This is my new build I'm testing:

CIBACAYABQFQCAABAQDAYFA2EISCOMZWAIAQCAAVAEBQADYA

It changes the following: -1 Relentless Pursuit, -1 Reinforcements, +2 Stony Suppressor

I'm gonna see how it fares against Lee Sin and spell centric decks. Changing gems from 1 to 2 mana is huge in slowing/stopping Lee Sin from getting out of control too quickly.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page