As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    whoa

that's significantly more than I was expecting.

I'm pretty persistent, but I dunno if I'll bother.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "We have placed nine hundred pieces of shit throughout the world for you to seek and collect, pervert"

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    unfortunately the puzzles to collect them are mildly entertaining. They're also varied enough to make a nice change of pace.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    unfortunately the puzzles to collect them are mildly entertaining. They're also varied enough to make a nice change of pace.

the reward for doing them to increase your inventory is enough to jump on one if you see it and aren't doing anything else, but it's not worth trying to remember and hunt down every single one in the game.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Like, out of all of the WoD gamelines, Werewolf was the one that specifically had a bit of a nazi problem, too.

I hadn't heard that, but it's weird if it's true because that game is cringingly 90s liberal. The entire theme of it is anti-corporate eco-warrior stuff.

it's the association with norse paganism/nationalism that pulls in the brownshirts

the Get of Fenris was basically filled with (natch) dogwhistles.

In Heart of the Forest, there're two tribes you're not allowed to join: the Red Talons because your character wasn't born a wolf, and the Get of Fenris because they're a bunch of fuckin' Nazis and everybody hates them.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Like, out of all of the WoD gamelines, Werewolf was the one that specifically had a bit of a nazi problem, too.

I hadn't heard that, but it's weird if it's true because that game is cringingly 90s liberal. The entire theme of it is anti-corporate eco-warrior stuff.

it's the association with norse paganism/nationalism that pulls in the brownshirts

the Get of Fenris was basically filled with (natch) dogwhistles.
    xxq7ke0tndhj.png
    Oh hey, guess what just got brought up in Heart of the Forest.
    jw5di39vwm01.png

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Was Hitler a werewolf

Witler

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

the reward for doing them to increase your inventory is enough to jump on one if you see it and aren't doing anything else, but it's not worth trying to remember and hunt down every single one in the game.

Don’t the rewards for collecting them also run out long before you have collected them as well, so that the only benefit to getting them all is bragging rights?

• Options
    "Partisans 1941 is a real-time tactics game with stealth elements, set on the eastern front of WW II. As an army commander behind enemy lines you gather a group of Partisans to wage guerilla warfare against the German occupants.
    "
    20201014 partisans 1941 (strategy, tactics, stealth, commandos)

Battle through the longest night as Leila a member of the Vigilant Order and uncover the truth behind the eternal darkness, Leila's mysterious sister, and the eldritch horrors that stalk her in a world that has forgotten daylight.
    20201014 vigil: longest night (2D, metroidvania, RPG, action-adventure)

RuneScape is a high fantasy open world MMORPG. Explore an ever changing and evolving living world where new challenges, skills, and quests await. Featuring unprecedented player freedom, you choose how to play, adventure, and grow.
    20201014 Runescape (MMO, RPG, fantasy)

Eternal Return is a unique MOBA/Battle Royale/Survival mix that combines strategy, mechanics, and cool characters. Choose one of the ever growing cast of characters, take on Lumia Island as one of 18 players - either solo or with a team, and prove your strength, ability, and wit. 20201014
    Eternal Return: Black Survival (stategy, battle royale, free to play, moba)

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Runescape, finally.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    header.jpg?t=1602685649
    Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Battle of Kawagoe DLC is being given for free as part of Sega's 60th Anniversary (was formerly a pre order bonus):
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/34346/Total_War_SHOGUN_2__Battle_of_Kawagoe/

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

Don’t the rewards for collecting them also run out long before you have collected them as well, so that the only benefit to getting them all is bragging rights?

Well, that and
    Hestu's gift. Which is also poop.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Was Hitler a werewolf

Witler

If you had read this informative and very true comic, you'd know the answer to that question

1624925.jpg

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    never die wrote: »

Well, that and
    Hestu's gift. Which is also poop.

To answer the question directly: yes, the inventory upgrades cap out after you find 441 Korok seeds, of which there are 900 total. So you only need (if barely) less than half of them, and with the diminishing returns per slot you'll actually get close to the cap around 300.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Was Hitler a werewolf

Witler
    I think I heard something about WWII in WoD being like, a technocrat civil war?

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    My only Hitler TTRPG idea is "what if time travel eventually collapsed into fixed points based on where everyone tries to go" and said alternate dimension just being Berlin 194X where there's multiple tourist spots of Hitler getting murdered in time locked locations.

• Options
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I also think this is a really bad look for a protagonist in 2020

WCCFwerewolftheapocalypse2.jpg

now there's a man who would abduct a state governor

I know it's just a byproduct of 3d character modeling but I feel like his face is too symmetrical to be in their group.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I mean, PoE is explicitly popular because it resembled Diablo 2 dourness and esoterica at a time when gamers were mad Diablo 3 had a colour pallete and thought being able to vary up your farming build was criminal.

Didn't PoE literally start life as a D2 mod?

No it was always stand alone. It actually started development before d3 was announced by people who loved D2 and thought there would never be a D3. I was an alpha tester briefly and it was pretty much a straight d2 clone back then.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I think I heard something about WWII in WoD being like, a technocrat civil war?
    If I remember correctly, the Technocratic Union sided with Germany in WWII, but I think the idea was that they jumped onto what they saw as a useful opportunity rather than being the actual originators of the conflict. But I could be wrong!

Also I feel like whatever WoD sub-game you read, you will learn that those supernatural entities were the ones truly behind Historical Event X.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    destiny is doing a survey for people who stopped playing destiny 2
    dbZAtt8m.jpg

stop attacking me

Brolo on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I still like how Rasputin was accidently listed as being a member of two different Vampire clans, so White Wolf just ran with it and had half a dozen different factions claiming he was a member. Before the world ended, he was listed as a member of

-At least four different Vampire clans (Malkavian, Followers of Set, Ventrue, Nosferatu)
    -The Werewolf tribe Shadow Lords
    -The Mage tradition Cult of Ecstasy
    -The Wraith guild of Puppeteers

The Puppeteers claim that, in his time, Rasputin had possessed many, many mortals, dozens of vampires, four ghouls and three mages, explaining the massive confusion over what, if any, supernatural clique Rasputin belonged to.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I assume that every group in WoD tries to claim every notable historical figure, in as self-aggrandizing way as possible. "Yup yup, that was one of ours."

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    yo this ps4 OS update sucks ass

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Started replaying Dishonored. Realised I have three DLCs which I've never played but I've forgotten the main game enough to make it worth another run first.

First time I got Low Chaos. This time I'm not necessarily deliberately aiming for High, but I'm not going to inconvenience myself by going non-lethal when murder is the more expedient option. So I expect I'll get to see what the High Chaos end looks like.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    hvky99g84xl7.jpg
    Sega has announced 4 limited time minigames on Steam for its 60th Anniversary: They will be free and available for a limited time but once redeemed you will keep them forever in your account.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    @webguy20 build delayed, hit a deer coming home other night. Am fine, car less so. But , suddenly have a few nights off so build is coming shortly lol.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! is out today!

I'm excited to leave work today and stress myself out all over again by trying to run a food truck serving nothing but meatloaf and dry cereal

• Options
    Started replaying Dishonored. Realised I have three DLCs which I've never played but I've forgotten the main game enough to make it worth another run first.

First time I got Low Chaos. This time I'm not necessarily deliberately aiming for High, but I'm not going to inconvenience myself by going non-lethal when murder is the more expedient option. So I expect I'll get to see what the High Chaos end looks like.

High Chaos in D1 if I remember is like 33% murder or higher.

So unless you're explicitly blood thirsty it's at very worst a coin toss.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    @webguy20 build delayed, hit a deer coming home other night. Am fine, car less so. But , suddenly have a few nights off so build is coming shortly lol.

Glad you are ok! Deer are no joke. Oof thats my big fear living out here in the country, when will I hit a deer? It'll happen sometime.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Eternal Return is a unique MOBA/Battle Royale/Survival mix that combines strategy, mechanics, and cool characters. Choose one of the ever growing cast of characters, take on Lumia Island as one of 18 players - either solo or with a team, and prove your strength, ability, and wit. 20201014
    Eternal Return: Black Survival (stategy, battle royale, free to play, moba)

This is one of those titles you could rearrange the words in any order and it would be equally nonsensical.
    Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?! is out today!

I'm excited to leave work today and stress myself out all over again by trying to run a food truck serving nothing but meatloaf and dry cereal

My kingdom for new iPad versions! It was the ultimate way to play CSD!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    "MOBA/Battle Royale/Survival mix"

Otherwise known as Chasing Market Trends: The Game

• Options
    Also Battlerite already tried it

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Reminder this is out tomorrow (10/15).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCcRNUlE7ek

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Glad you are ok! Deer are no joke. Oof thats my big fear living out here in the country, when will I hit a deer? It'll happen sometime.

As someone who grew up driving on rural roads in the midwest: deer are most active at dusk, especially in the spring and fall. Drive under the speed limit at night and make a habit of scanning the ditches and the sides of the road for eyes. Always assume that if there's one, there are more. Whatever you do, don't swerve into oncoming traffic. Deer are legit dangerous, but other cars are much more so :razz:

Also, I'm very annoyed with people who have those stupid fake plastic deer on their lawns, especially when they place them so they look like they're just about to run into the road. Those things spook me on the regular :mad:

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »

As someone who grew up driving on rural roads in the midwest: deer are most active at dusk, especially in the spring and fall. Drive under the speed limit at night and make a habit of scanning the ditches and the sides of the road for eyes. Always assume that if there's one, there are more. Whatever you do, don't swerve into oncoming traffic. Deer are legit dangerous, but other cars are much more so :razz:

Also, I'm very annoyed with people who have those stupid fake plastic deer on their lawns, especially when they place them so they look like they're just about to run into the road. Those things spook me on the regular :mad:

Oh yea. I always assume on the drives that I didn't see deer, I just missed them. There are a couple of those assholes that have concrete deer on my drive too. I always jump. I've had two close calls in the last couple weeks.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.